Unexpected

If You Could See Me Now

K A I & K R Y S T A L


 

Kai looked at the girl in front of her, she’s really different today, she is usually bright and talkative, never stop babbling about the little random things, sometimes Kai gets annoyed by that, but today he misses it so much.

“Hey, talk to me.” Kai said, for the 20 times since this morning, but he got no answer.

“Krystal…whats wrong?” He asked again, this time he intertwine his fingers with hers, she responded to it by holding it more tightly.

Suddenly a tear escaped her eyes, even though he has been together with Krystal for one year, he rarely sees her crying, this might be a serious problem.

Kai kneeled down in front of Krystal, he’s now concerned and worried.

“Krystal, whats wrong, come on, you never cried in front of me before.” Kai said, wiping the tear that’s now on her cheek.

“Whats wrong, baby?” He asked again, but this time Krystal just break down, she cried hard, Kai quickly sat beside her and pulled her into his chest.

“Mom and Dad are…they are going….going to separate.” Krystal mumbled into Kai’s chest. Even though she’s sobbing, Kai can still hear it clearly, and he’s suddenly frozen, he’s shocked with Krystal’s words.

“Krystal…”He is speechless, he never thought that Mr. and Mrs. Jung will end like this, they’re a romantic couple, even Kai’s parents envied them.

“I know, you are shocked right? Me too, Kai. Me too. I cant even believe it!” Krystal cried harder. Krystal is the type of girl who is very close with her parents, along with her sister Jessica, and she never imagined this kind of thing will happen in her life.

“Whats the reason?Do you want to tell me?” Kai asked carefully, afraid that Krystal don’t want to talk about it.

Krystal stayed quiet for 2 minutes, before she entangled herself from Kai’s hug, wrapped her tears, and try to compose herself.

“It turned out that daddy is seeing another woman, and they already had a 5 year old child. Jung Minhyuk, that’s his name.” Krystal said, biting her lip.

Kai felt like something sharp is stabbing his chest, real deep.

A 5 year old kid? Mr. Jung sure knows how to wrap it all perfectly.

“Baby…” Kai is speechless, he don’t know what to say, and he don’t want to ask further about this, because this is a sensitive topic for Krystal who loved her daddy so much. He then pulled Krystal into his chest again.

“ People are evil, arent they, Kai? Dad is really a devil, how come he lied all these years?” Krystal asked, snuggling into Kai’s chest.They didn’t care if people in the park are looking at them.

“Maybe its for the better, Stal. There’s always a Brightside of problems like this.”Kai answered carefully.

“Will my future be like mom’s too?”She suddenly asked, and this made Kai shocked, she’s now in the state of trauma, that’s why she’s holding on a little bit too tight to Kai.

“Stal, if you end up with me, I wont give you a future like that, I’ll be responsible of you, and to my vow. Call me cheesy, but im not messing around with a marriage.” Kai replied, caressing her cheek.

“Will mom be okay, Kai?” She asked again, her eyes are empty, the bright and twinkling eyes are gone, just because she’s depressed and sad because of her daddy.

Still, Kai cant believe that Mr.Jung did that, the figure that he idolize and wanted to follow had break his heart,  even worse, his wife and two daughters who loved him so much.

“Where’s your mom right now, Stal?” Kai asked. Krystal shrugged.

“She’s gone, maybe to somewhere calm. Will she be okay, Kai?” She asked again.

“She will be, honey, just pray for her, and for you and Jessica-noona too.” Kai replied, kissing the top of her hair.

“You wont leave me right?” Krystal asked again.

“No, I wont. I’ll be here, Stal.” Kai said, hugging his girlfriend tightly, he knows that he should help Krystal right now, not leaving her alone.

“Thanks for being here, Kai, I love you.” Krystal said, looking up to Kai.

“I love you too.” Kai said, leaning forward to meet Krystal lips, but then suddenly a ball hits Krystal’s leg.

“Ah! Mianhae, Noona. Im sorry, im sorry.”The little boy said looking scared.

Krystal and Kai just laughed,

“Aniya, its fine, here’s your ball.” Krystal said, giving the little boy the ball.

“Thankyou noona, thankyou hyung!” The little boy bowed.

Krystal just thought how polite this little boy is, she then decided to ask something.

“Whats your name, youngman?” She asked.

“My name is Minhyuk…Jung Minhyuk.” The little boy replied.

And with that, Krystal cant do nothing but held Kai’s hand tightly.

Life is really bringing you a lot of surprises.