The Bathtub Merman

The Adventures of Deer Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Bathtub Merman

            The Unicorn and the DEER BOY finally reach the beach after a close call with Hyuna, much to Luhan’s delight they got away. Now if only Luhan could find it in his heart and help a poor beached Merman maybe he wouldn’t be so bad right? Wrong! Luhan does not like it when people stepping in his territory or as Luhan puts it, everything he owns.

             Luhan i jumping up and down in this seat like a child, “Yay! Lay look there’s the beach!”

            “Yes, Luhan, now can you please sit down? We’re almost there can you relax until we at least park?”

            “But ~Lay!”

            “No buts!”

            “Meanie”

            “Brat.”

            “What did you say?”

            Luhan is glaring at Lay as they park in a spot overlooking the ocean.

            “Hmm… Nothing, nothing at all,” Lay shakes his head at Luhan and proceeds to get out of his car. Both just look awkward as they struggle to get their attachments out the car. When they finally succeed Luhan walks over to the back of car to get his stuff, “Lay gets me my stuff!”

            “Okay,” Lay is in the back as well and grabs his stuff along with Luhan’s.

            “Luhan could you at least grab something, it would really help if you were nice just once.”

            “Pssh, now why would I do that? When you can obviously take everything,” Luhan states as he begins to walk down the wooden steps that lead down to the beach. Lay is struggling to carry everything as he is walking down the same steps. 

           “One by one, you got this Lay,” Lay is talking to himself. Luhan finally reaches the bottom of the stairs and he notices Lay is still near the top. Much to Luhan’s displeasure he sits down. Luhan knows all of his stuff is with Lay so… “Lay! Hurry up!”

            Lay glances up for a second and feels himself fall forward, “ahh!”

            Luhan sees Lay falling all the way down the stairs with all the beach stuff following.

            “Finally Lay, geez what were you doing up there?”

            “Oh you know, trying not to die from the amount of stuff we brought,” Lay is dazed as he lays on his back.

            “Well c’mon Lay, a day at the beach might do us good!”

            Lay gets up and is in shock that Luhan does says something back at him. He watches Luhan jump around and he even grabs his own bag and races towards the beach, “Wow, I should take Luhan to the beach more often.”

            Lay shakes his head and holds on to the remaining stuff and follows Luhan, “Luhan pick a good spot so we can set up!”

            “Okay!”

            Lay’s taken back, is this Luhan? Luhan runs across the beach and sees a clearing that’s perfect; he is sprinting when he trips over something or rather someone.

            “Hey watch where you’re going!”

            Luhan gets up and pats the sand off his beach wear. He turns around and realizes the person is not moving but also the person is face down in the sand with their lower half underneath sand. Luhan grows a tiny bit worried as he picks up a stick and starts to poke the person, no movement.

            “Hey, Luhan don’t poke people! That’s not nice,” Lay finally reaches Luhan and is appalled that the DEER BOY is jabbing at someone.

            “But he’s not moving, and he’s in my way!”

            Luhan is still poking the person with the stick as he talks. The person finally wakes, scaring Luhan causing him to yelp.

            “Are you okay? I’m sorry my friend over here doesn’t know the meaning of manners,” Lay spoke as kneels down to the person.

            “Wa..ter… need… water.”

            The person turns out to be a boy around the same age as the DEER BOY and Unicorn. Lay sets his stuff down and gives the boy one of the water bottles from his back pack.

            “Don’t give him that, that’s for us! Throw him in the ocean if he n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter