The Bacon Boy

The Adventures of Deer Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Bacon Boy

            Maybe it is Kyungsoo’s powers making him think he can tamper at playing God OR maybe it is a curious Unicorn who opened a box to pure chaos? Whatever the reason the DEER BOY and his fellow companions have their hands full when they encounter someone or something they have never faced, a boy made of pure bacon.

            A few days have gone by since Kyungsoo had moved in Lay’s house. The house now seems to very different than Lay could have ever imagined.

            “Kyungsoo, what are you making now?”

            Kyungsoo turns his head to see a curious Unicorn peeking over his shoulders. Kyungsoo smiles, “just a little something I like to call, ‘Kimchi Spaghetti.’”

            “Oh,” Lay’s cooking isn'tt bad, it just isn’t needed since Kyungsoo moved in and taken over the job of being almost like a mother to the five boys. Kyungsoo would be the first to wake up, something Lay use to do, and start cleaning the house and cooking. Lay use to do all those things before Kyungsoo came and took over. Lay pretty much did nothing except talk to the merman all day, he feels useless.

            Lay sits in the living as the DEER BOY plays with his rubix cube, getting faster each time he would complete the cube.

            “Hey, Lay wanna try?”

            Lay looks up to Luhan, eyeing the boy smiling at him, since when has Luhan become so nice? Lay just nods and takes the cube from the DEER BOY, maybe he needed something to take his mind off things for a bit. He configures the cube matching each side with the same color, until he gets stuck with only completing two sides that he decides to give up.

            “I can’t do it,” Lay makes a frown.

            “That’s because you’re not as smart as me!”

             Luhan smirks and grabs the cube from the Unicorn and at lightning speed completes it. Lay is in shock, here is the DEER BOY bloating again, some things never change. Lay huffs, “maybe if I had a hobby like you maybe I wouldn’t be in such a bad mood.”

            Luhan looks to the Unicorn, “maybe…”

            Lay shrugs as he gets up and climbs the stairs to his room. As he finally reaches the top steps he sees the two ninjas, Tao and Xiumin, playing a video game in their room. Out of curiosity Lay enters the room and watches the pair play a super complicated game that Lay has never seen.

            “What are you guys playing?”

            The two don’t look at Lay but still answer, “a video game.”

            “What kind of video game?”

            “I don’t know Tao what game was this called again?”

            “Beats me, I just thought the cover looked cool.”

            “Oh.”

            Lay shrugs again, he does need a hobby. He walks out of the ninja’s room and proceeds to walk towards his own, Lay walks for a few feet until he hears a noise almost like a banging coming from the room next to Luhan’s, Kyungsoo’s room. He walks closer and puts his ear to the door hearing the noise again. Lays interest peaks but just as he is about to open the door he remembers the night Kyungsoo first moved in he specifically said, ‘No one and I repeat no one is allowed in my room.’

            What Kyungsoo doesn’t won’t hurt him right? Lay twists the knob and opens the door. Kyungsoo’s room is neatly cleaned and everything except a lone suitcase all sit on one side. Lay remembers what Luhan told him about the suitcase, Kyungsoo’s latest experiment. Lay ponders again what could be in there…

THUD!

            The suitcase falls on its side, Lay walks closer. I wonder if I just… Lay’s hands grip the suitcase practically pulling at its sealed contents. He slowly opens the box and peeks inside.

            Nothing, well there is something. Something Lay did not expect… a pile of bacon? Why would Kyungsoo hide something so well, maybe to keep it for himself? Lay shrugs and decides to pick a piece up to taste it, but as he does a pair of eyes open from the suitcase. Lay jumps back. The eyes stare at the Unicorn and a smile forms within the bacon. Lay gets nervous as the contents of bacon begins to overflow, moving onto Kyungsoo’s clean carpet. Lay slowly moves back coming out of Kyungsoo’s room. He sees the bacon form into a pile on the carpet.

            “Lay what are you doing?”

            Lay looks to see Luhan walking up with his rubix cube in hand. Lay swallows and glance back into Kyungsoo’s room noticing the pile of bacon gone. Lay is astonished just a few seconds ago it was right there!?

            “Uh, nothing… umm… where’s Kyungsoo?”

            “Down in the kitchen like he always is,” the DEER BOY rolls his eyes as he walks into his room, if it doesn’t concern him then who cares? Lay gets up off the floor and jumps down the stairs to find Kyungsoo; maybe he’ll know what to do. The Unicorn walks nervously to Kyungsoo knowing full well what would happen if Kyungsoo knew Lay was in HIS room, touching HIS things.

            “Uh, Kyungsoo?”

            Kyungsoo turns around and smiles at Lay, “do you need something Lay?”

            “Uh… yes…”

            Kyungsoo turns around giving Lay his full attention, “okay what do you need?”

            “I uh, actually… I uh, s-sort of ha-have something to… tell you.”

            “Yes?”

            “Actually it, uh… involves… y-your uh… room.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter