Lay the Unicorn

The Adventures of Deer Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*BACKSTORY FOR HOW LAY AND LUHAN MET*

Lay the Unicorn

                   Did Lay become a Unicorn on his own? Is it because he’s too nice, or because he always lets the DEER BOY have his way? Maybe, but Luhan made a valuable friend out of Lay one day. The two got into all kinds of trouble BUT IN TRUTH if it weren’t for Luhan being so self-centered, he wouldn’t have been able to break the Unicorn out of his comfort zone. Maybe the world wasn’t so cruel after all, the DEER BOY thought. A beautiful friendship started on this one fine day when Luhan is at his old tricks again, playing with girl’s hearts.

                   “Hello, beauty what brings you out here on this lovely day?”

                   Luhan notices a girl hanging her laundry in her yard, while he stands behind the fence that separated the two. 

                   “Oh hello,” the girl only takes a glance at Luhan before resuming her daily chores. Luhan works up a plan to maybe stay over, just for the night.

                   “Oh my, that’s a lot of laundry you have there, maybe I could assist you?”

                   Luhan has no intention of doing such a job reserved for peasants.

                   “That’s okay a boy already volunteered, he is standing right over there hanging the white sheets,” the girl directs Luhan’s attention to someone hanging sheets. Luhan notices something peculiar about the figure that is behind the sheets. The white sheets all but cover one part Luhan instantly to notices. The figure has a single horn poking over the sheets he’s hanging. Luhan decides this is his target not some other boys. Luhan has to protect his territory. Luhan opens the gate, “its okay I’ll help anyways.”

                   The DEER BOY approaches the figure with the one horn and he feels excitement, finally meeting someone ALMOST like him. Maybe the boy had run into that witch girl too, maybe they could help each other. One problem, Luhan is a one man show; he does not need a partner. MAYBE he can have a sidekick, Luhan smiles devilishly as he is going to make this person his puppet.

                   “Hello, my name’s Luhan, what’s your name,” Luhan digs deep if he is going to make this person his pawn even if that means being NICE. The figure turns around revealing a boy though he looks to be in deep thought while looking at Luhan.

                   “Hello? Anyone there?” Luhan has no patience as he snaps his fingers at the boy’s face.

                   “Oh, uh Lay, Lay’s my name.”

                   The boy gives Luhan a dimpled smile. Luhan thinks it is super cute, but only for a split second.

                   “So Lay, can I help you?”

                   “No it’s okay I’ve ready finished no need to worry.”

                  Lay turns to the girl, “Well I’ve finished miss I’ll be going now.”

                  “Thank very much Lay, maybe I could pay you? You’ve been helping me all day, you need a reward.”

                  Lay waves his hands, “No need, it’s nice to be kind.”

                  “Oh, okay well bye Lay.” The girl and Luhan see Lay leave the property while he closes the fence’s gate behind him.

                  “Such a sweet boy, he’s such a giver and asks nothing in return,” girl turns to Luhan. Luhan’s ears perk, “Really, gives but doesn’t like to receive huh.”

                  “Hey Lay! Wait up!”

                  Luhan leaves the property, this small fish (girl) could wait he has bigger fish to catch. He finally sees Lay across the street and immediately runs towards him without a care for looking to see if it was safe. Lay turns around, “Oh hi again Luhan.”

                  “Hey, I was wondering if you could help me out really quick.”

                  “Well, I already promised someone to help walk their dog, maybe later?”

                  “It’ll only take a second, I promise.”

                  Lay seems unsure, “Well…”

                 Luhan makes sure to make his eyes extra big, “~Pleaseeeeee.”

                  “Okay, I guess, it couldn’t hurt.”

-An Hour Later-

                 “Hey, you kids get back here! You have to pay for those!”

                 A man is yelling as h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter