OPPA

Your Guardian Angel

 

Zelo's pov

 
Eunmi was still at the hospital, she's been there for 8 days already
 
"Jagiya!" I called as I went inside her room
"Oppa!" She greeted with a big smile on her face that makes me stop
 
Did she really called me Oppa? Oh God, the way she say it is music to my ears and her bright smile makes my heart beat so fast
 
"Yah! You okay?" She asked
"Can you repeat that?"'
"The what?"
"the thing you said a while ago"
"you okay?" 
"no not that, the one before that, you say it when I enter here"
"ah, I don't like"
"please, just one more time"
"I don't like " 
 
I pouted and showed her my puppy eyes but she ignored me
 
"let's go  the garden, I want some fresh air"
"but"
"the doctor said that it's fine"
"really?" She nodded
"I don't like" I said teasing her
"Yah! Come on"
"I don't like" 
She suddenly grabbed my hand and let me face her
"Please" and she showed me her cute puppy eyes, argh, who can say no to that?!
"please..Oppa." she said with her oh so sweet voice
"Argh, how can you be so cute?, okay wait here, I'll get you a wheel chair" I said then go
 
 
 
I get to her room and help her to sat on her wheelchair then we went to the garden, I sat on a bench while her wheelchair was beside it. From there we can see other patients, old and young, the kids were playing around with other kids, some were picking flowers and some are with their family. Some of the older patients were with their partner and some were with their grandchildren. They were patients with smiles on their faces. Even if they were suffering with their diseases, they still manage to smile while they are with their friends and loved ones. I have memories in this place too. Just like them, I used to be one of the patients here. With my sister playing with me, I missed her. 
 
"Brings back memories right?" she suddenly asked, maybe she noticed that I was quiet and was just looking at the kids, I look at her.
"Huh?"
"This is where I first met you" she said
"Huh? But we met at the lake right? I'm sure that's the first time I saw you"
"yeah, you met me there, but before that, I already seen you here, in this garden. Before, I was always in the hospital, then when I went to the garden, I saw you with your sister, I just watched you two. You were so cute while laughing. That time, I really wish that I had a brother or sister to play with, like you."
"why don't you approach us"
"I was shy, hehe I don't know, I enjoy just watching you. I saw you everyday here, but one day.. I don't saw you or even your sister,I  thought that I would saw you the day after that, but four days have passed and I haven't saw you again. When I finally get out, I was happily walking at the park near the lake when I saw you trying to drown yourself. And when I saw that it was you, and then you told me that your sister is already dead, I can't help but cry."
 
"I'm sorry" I just said, I was a little suprised with what she say
"For what?"
"that time, I told you words that I should've not tell, I shouted at you...."
 
 
  "......CAUSE YOU PROBABLY DONT GET BULLIED EVERYDAY, YOU HAVE LOVING PARENTS, YOU DONT HAVE A SISTER THAT DIED AND YOU DONT HAVE A FREAKING HEART CANCER BEFORE! YOUR LIFE MUST BE PERFECT AND HAPPY UNLIKE ME! IM MISERABLE! THE ONLY ONLE THAT LOVED ME WAS ALREADY GONE! SHE LEAVES ME AND GIVE HER HEART TO ME BUT I CANT BE HAPPY CAUSE I FEEL LIKE I KILLED HER! I FEEL LIKE FOR ME TO LIVE SHE HAD TO DIE AND I DINT LIKE THAT! I'M NOT AFRAID TO DIE! I'M ACTUALLY READY FOR IT BUT SHE JUST,,,SHE JUST...." 
 
"YOU DONT HAVE HUGE PROBLEMS LIKE I DO!"
 
 
I remember the things that I have shouted at her,
 
"I shouldn't have tell you those things.."
 
"It's alright, that was long ago... "
 
 
~~~~
 

Eunmi's pov

 

It was my 10'th day in the hospital, I was alone since my friends were still at the school while my parents get outside. My doctor went in to check my condition. But before he leaves, he asks me a question

 
"You really don't consider the surgery?"
"uhm"
"eveyone wants you to do it, they all want you to live"
"but, there are still risks right, the surgery.."
"theres a big possibilty that you will survive, almost 80%, it's agood thing"
"but, what if it failed? I'm not 100% sure that I will suvive, what if that 20% gets me, what if the surgery won't went well, what if I die during the operation"
"hush, calm down, it's not good for you"
"I'm afraid..."
"of course, all people can be afraid, but if you  will look at itvpossibly, you will male it through"
"Since the hole becomes bigger, open heart surgery will be needed. And you're still young so the risk is not high, but you should get some more rest and condition yourself. I'm telling you this, because I want you to take the surgery and if ever you'll consider it." Then went out
 
 
~~~
 
 
"Eunmi" Zelo called, we were at the garden again
"Neh?"
"may I ask, why don't you like to take the surgery?"
 
I was just quiet, looking at him, and finally speak
 
"Before , my family couldn't afford the cost of the surgery, and that time, I finally accept the fact that I will die anytime. But I don't want people to pity me, so I always smile infront of them, like I have no problem. Everytime I wake up in the hospital, I  always saw my parents there, tired. Seeing their tears and their tired body, I thought, when I die, they won't be like that anymore, they don't have to look after a weak child like me, they can do whatever they want. So i just waited for my time." 
 
"Eunmi, do you think that they would be happy if you die? No one will be glad if that happens, not them, not me or your friends. None of us. If you die, all of us will suffer, you're the reason for our smile..."
"when I die, you will be sad, but eventually you will all move on.. you will forget about me.. you will"
"we wont! I won't! I won't ever forget you and move on if you will leave me... please Eunmi... You're decision is the only thing needed... please... Don't you want to live longer... you've suffered enough... If you take the surgery... you can do everything you want.. You can ran around all you want and you can dance..."
"I.."
"tell me.. what is it that keeping you?" he said while he held both of my hands
"I.. I'm afraid"
"Afraid of what?"
"I don't know..."
 
then he suddenly straighten his body and his shirt
 
"yah! what are yu doing?!" I shouted
"shh, relax.." he laughed, he stop midway and showed me his chest... there is a big scar at the center... a scar that will be forever there
"look.. I got this when I had my operation... it was a long time ago but the scar is still here... it will forever be here."

He smiled at me before continuing
 
"If you are afraid to have this scar, don't worry cause I have the same... and this scar for me that I was given a second chance in life... to live my life. You said before taht I should be thankful for this second chance right? so I am doing it... This scar is my sign for hope.. that everyone can still live happily even with the scars of the past"
 
I just look at him
 
"Eunmi?"
"I am not afraid to have a scar....but thanks for that. now cover your chest up. It's getting colder here let's go back now" then I look away, 
"will you take the surgery?"
"I'm still thinking about it"
 
 
 
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
 
 Hello to all readers keke.. just wanted to say that this story will end soon.
Thank you so much for reading, subscribing and commenting. I love you all
 hehe love Zelo all way <3