If

It Started With A Notebook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 published on 4/1/13

+start+

HyunMin's POV

"You know you're not allowed to be here right? Kim Hae Ra." I said as I got up from sitting down on the wooden boxes. Whenever they unbox their machines for the schools, they'd usually just throw it up the rooftop which I use as my seat or sit on the stairs or sit on the exhaust vents by the railings. It was already roughly about 8.30 p.m. but I still could see her clearly because of the moonlight. She was just wearing a black hoodie with a shirt underneath along with some sweatpants. It was simple, but for some reason she looked good. She just glanced at me and walked towards the railings and rested her elbows on the railings. The wind blew through her hair as she rested her chin on her palm just looking down through the campus and the surroundings. I walked closer towards her and stood beside her. "Mind if I stand here?" she shrugged her shoulders slightly and I stood beside her with my elbows rested on the railings beside her .

"You know, you're not supposed to be here." I tried to start a conversation but she didn't answer instead she just kept looking around as though I wasn't there. "When someone talks, don't you think it's rational to answer them?" She turned her head and the first thing I noticed was her eyes. The way her eyes just sparkle under the moonlight, there was more than what she seems to be. "But you're here too, so.. if you're here.. I don't see why I can't be here." she said as though there was no emotions in her voice. After she said that she leaned away pulling her elbows away from the railings and looked at me. "Enjoy. The view here is amazing." she said as she walked away, entering back into the university.

Your POV
The view from the rooftop was great. The people walking through the campus, the trees, the cars, the nightlights from far away. It was something simple, but if you took the time to appreciate it, there's actually more than meets the eye. You were walking back to your room when suddenly you hear shoutings from the hallway. You walked towards the hallway and peeked to see who was it. It was Kai and Sun Hwa. Seems like they were in a middle of an argument, were they a couple? Sun Hwa seemed to be holding onto Kai's hand, which Kai looked like he couldn't be bothered. Or maybe he was angry? Just then he pulled his hand away from her and pinned her on the lockers. You wanted to just walk back to your dorm using the other way but the other half of you wants you to stay and see what was going to happen next. Kai leaned closer and placed his lips onto Sun Hwa's lips. Yeah, they're a couple. You thought to yourself. 

A playboy and a tramp, matches well. You thought to yourself again. You shrugged your shoulders and walked down the halls as though there was no one there. There was a vending machine, in which you took out a dollar from your other pocket and slot it in. Pressing the button, making a can of Coke drop down,making a loud can noise. You slipped your hand through the vending machine and took out the can. You felt like their eyes were glued to your back but a hallway is still a hallway. You turned to look at them and they were just staring at you. Sun Hwa's face was written "Girl,get the hell out of here." all over. While Kai's face had another look, which, words can't really explain what he was feeling. If you had to describe it, it would be. Half pleased to see you and half just wondering what's wrong with you. You just stared at the both of them and said "Go on, continue, I'm not interested in watching any of that."

After saying that you just turned around and continued walking back to your dorm. Plus,if they wanted to do that or have ,there's a room for that. You walked back to your room and Jiyeon was lying on her bed with her earphones on. Or at least they were on. She took them off as soon as you opened the door. You closed the door and locked it, walking back to your bed to lie down,you tossed the can of Coke at her and she caught it just in time before it hits her face. "My treat." you said as you lie down, you can feel Jiyeon staring at you.

"Speak what's on your mind." you said as you stared at the ceiling with your hands behind your head. "D-do you .. mind being .. uh.. sort of .. my bestfri-"
"Anything works."
"REALLY?!" You lifted your head slightly to look at her and she placed her hand over . "Sorry, too loud?" You laid back down staring at the ceiling and said "Well, I don't see why not. Everyone needs somebody in their life." Just at the corner of your eye you could see Jiyeon getting up, placing the can of Coke onto her table and running towards you. She wrapped her arms around your waist, just leaning on you while constantly saying "Thank you."

She wasn't letting you go until you said "H-Hey!" She immediately let go of you and stood up straight. She bowed and said "Sorry, but I'm just so happy you're being my friend!" She went back to her bed and laid down, just spazzing to herself. After brushing your teeth and after she was done with hers, you switched off the lights and you went back to your bed to lie down. Before you sleep you could hear her saying "Goodnight..best friend."

You woke up with the vibration of your phone on the table. You opened your eyes slowly and find that Jiyeon is gone. Well maybe her classes start a little earlier. You reached for your phone and looked at the screen.

Incoming call from Hana. Answer or Decline?

"Mm.." you murmured at the phone just before she started blasting at you. "Class starts in 10 minutes! Where the hell are you?!"
"On my bed."
"Well get off! Class starts in 10 minutes!" she shouted again as you hissed before asking, "What time is it now?"
"It's 10.20a.m.!"
"Where is this class?"
"You know the class you went for your Musicology class? To your left, you should be able to see an occupied class. That's your class." She explained as you understood completely. "Got it."

"Hurry up! Don't b-" Before she could finish her sentence, you hung up. You knew that ticks her off but well since you were 'late' already, you got up to washed up and threw on something decent. You took your bag, filled with a pencil case,some empty notebooks, rough papers and you slipped in your black notebook. After slipping your phone, purse ,room key into your pocket you walked out of your room, finding your way to the class.

HyunMin's POV
"Alright cla-" Mr.Han's voice drifted off as the door squeaked open. Seems like someone was late. I turned my head around and see Hae Ra standing by the door. She shut the door close and as she took another step, Mr.Han sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter