Did That Just Happen?

It Started With A Notebook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 published on 2/1/13.

+start+

Your POV

She sat back down on her chair and looked at you with her elbows on her table. "I wasn't going to tell you this until you realized but I'm... your... primary teacher... Hae Ra."

"W-What?" your head bobbed forward a little before she let out a soft sigh. "Doesn't my name sound familiar?" she asked as you took a while to think. Her name does sound familiar, but you couldn't think of anyone. "My name is Lee Hana." she said as it hit you like a train.

You remember you were just eleven years old. "Hae Ra!" you hear your mother call you as you were playing the piano. "Stop playing the piano for a moment!" She called out again as you stopped to whine. "Why?"
"I have someone you'd like to meet!" She chimed as you ran all the way downstairs to see a lady in a red dress. "Teacher Hana!" you beamed as she lifted you up. "Hae Ra! You're getting bigger and bigger." she chuckled as you hugged her tight. "Did you hear me play the piano during competition?" you asked as she nodded her head. "Of course! I was beside your mother!"

"Really?! What about the play the other day?" you giggled as she ruffled your hair. "I even have the newspaper cut out with me!"
"Your teacher just wanted to see you so badly! She wanted to congratulate you in person!" your mother laughed as she patted your head.
 

"Miss Hana?!" you raised your voice as she smiled. "Took a while, didn't it?" she leaned her elbows on the table as you leaned closer. "What are you doing here?"

"I told you. I'm here to help you. I've been trying to contact you but your father wouldn't tell me anything. The mistake he did was he enrolled you here." she couldn't help but smile again as you took a while to let this all sink in. "I thought I'd never see you again. After... at least, after what happened. I didn't recognise you because it's been so long." you admitted as she didn't care about that. She raised an eyebrow before saying, "So how about it?"

"You're my teacher." you smiled as she smiled with you. "You've known me for years," she nodded her head as you smiled again. "And by that, I mean no." your smile fell and she let out a soft scoff. "C'mon! I've seen what you're capable of ever since you were young! This is just a walk in the park!" You rolled your eyes at her but this time her voice changed. "Just take up choreography. If you don't, I'll tell everyone your dad is your dad." she grinned as your eyes widened. "ARE YOU INSANE?! No! You can't. You JUST can't."

"Then take up choreography. I'll inform the teachers teaching choreography and vocal music on Saturdays to expect you." She smiled before you couldn't say anything. What could you say?

"Then it's settled! I'll be back with your schedule!" she beamed as she got up to go into a room nearby the teacher's lounge while you sat there alone. You were really going insane. Firstly, you're in a school where you practically don't know anyone. Second, now you have to actually be nice to people. Third, you have to learn how to cope having an actual friend. Fourth, you're in a same school as YOUR dad. Fifth, you met your crazy teacher again who was practically your number one supporter. Sixth, you were just going crazy. That's it. But maybe she is trying  to he - who the hell were you kidding. It's going to be hell. Just then she came back with a schedule. And she started to explain to you your schedule.

"Wait ,everyone that takes the classes I choose are all in one class?" you asked as there were a lot of people here. If everyone were to cram up into one room like a tuna tin can, it wouldn't be pretty."No no no! For each subject you choose, theres are a few sessions to it. Cause there's so many of you, so if you end up in the same class as your friends then that's great!" she chimed as you let out a soft scoff. "Correction, I have no friends." you shook your head as she tapped her chin. "What about that girl, Jiyeon?"

"We're not even close."

"Yet."

"You're lucky I even agreed to share a room with her." you rolled your eyes as she gave you a pat on the shoulder. "Alright! Off you go now!"

"What?" you looked at her as she pulled you up. "To your next class, silly! It's still on!" 

"There's class today?" your head tilted a little as she smiled. "Of course! It's Tuesday so it's Musicology."

"Great." you said flatly as she didn't care about how you felt about having class today.

 

You didn't have a chance so you followed her to a classroom. She knocked on the door and called the teacher out. It was a male teacher. "Mr. Khoo, this is Kim Hae Ra." she smiled as Mr. Khoo nodded in approval when he saw you. "Oh yeah, you're that talented pianist."

"She's eighteen this year and she has been playing the piano for eleven years, participated in 65 piano competition, takes part in plays and theatre producti-" you cleared your throat and sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter