Anything

It Started With A Notebook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 published on 10/1/13

+start+

Your POV

You stood by the hallway in darkness. Guessed when you ran all the way here, you didn't actually notice it was that dark. You walked along the hallways trying to find an exit but there was no luck. Just then you found a flight of stairs and you walked all the way down. Just as you reached down, you see a guy sitting on to gate. Literally on the gate. You walked closer towards the boy and he turned around. In shock, he fell from the gate the moment he saw you. You jogged towards him and well, rationally you should help him up. He was scratching his head and trying to get up from the ground. As you looked closer, you realize it was HyunMin. You offered your hand and he accepted your help. After pulling him up, he straighten his clothes and smiled embarrassedly. "What are you doing here?"

"Just, hanging." he rubbed the back of his neck before you raised an eyebrow. "On the gate? Of an isolated block of the campus?" He bit his lower lip before he said "Well, it's not as bad as you think."

"What do you mean?"
"Here." Just as he said that he got down on his knees. "D-Dude." you said but then he signalled you to use his knees as support to get on the gate. You let out a scoff and said "Senior, I don't need a lift up."

"Eh?" he let out softly as he got up. You climbed the gate on your own and sat on top comfortably. As though climbing the gate was a piece of cake. He was stunned and his eyes widened. Just not blinking it until you said "Take a picture. It'll last you for a long time." He chuckled and he climbed up the gate to sit beside you on the gate. It was just a regular gate. Not pointy or anything but if you're not careful, you can seriously get injured just by falling off. You sat on the gate just looking up at the nightsky. There were stars everywhere. Just mini lights sparkling. You could feel HyunMin staring at you as he said  "Nice huh?"

"It's more than that." you answered as you gulped. "What do you mean?"
"The beauty of this nightsky. This view. It's undescribable." you whispered the last part as you could see him smile at the corner of your eye. "Stargazing, nice isn't it?" you nodded before letting out a soft, "Yeah..it sure is."

"Omma! The stars are out! The stars are out!" you beamed as your mother chuckled behind you. "Hae Ra, the stars are always there."
"Come quick! Let's look at the stars together!"
"Silly girl." After hearing her say that you turn around to pout at her. You ran back in to pull her out the balcony before leaning against the railing with your mom's arms wrapped around you from behind. "Omma," you called out as she let out a soft hum. "You're never leaving me right?"
"Why would you say such thing?" she asked as she patted your head. "Because I never want you to leave! Ever!" you grinned as she hugged you tight from the back. "I'm never leaving."

Unknowingly you murmured "Yeah but you left.." Realizing you said that, HyunMin said "Leave? Why would I leave you here alone?" You turned your head to face him and he was already staring at you. "So why are you here?" you asked as you tried to change the topic. "To get away from everything here. It's the best place here." he smiled before you raised a brow. "What about the rooftop?"
"Maybe that'll be your place now." he smiled before looking away. "Excuse me?"
"You look like you need a place like this." 
"Like..this?" you tilted your head a little before he chuckled softly. "You know, a place to get away from everyone or all idiots. That's the way you think right?" You smirked before saying, "Sort of. Everyone here..they're all judgemental." he raised an eyebrow in amusement before turning to look at you again. "And how would you know that?"
"Oh please. Don't act like when a new kid comes in all of you just welcome them with arms wide open. There are a few that are bound to hate them for no reason. And because of that, bullying comes in."
"Are you speaking from a personal experience?" he asked as you gulped. "W-What? No, that's absurd. I-I'm just saying."

HyunMin had a playful smile upon his lips as he leaned closer. Your faces were soon millimetres apart from each other. "Are you just saying that?" he said as it sent chills down your spine. You push him off and he lost his balance. You held onto his arm and pulled him back for him to sit properly. He placed a hand over his chest and he seemed to be breathing pretty fast. "T-Thanks? I guess?"
"You guess?" you asked as you scoffed. "Well you pushed me!"
"Well you invaded my personal space." you snapped back at him before he put his hand down from his chest. "Well don't act like you didn't like it."
"Of course."
"W-What?" his eyes widened as you said, "I hated it."

HyunMin showed you his tongue and you got off the gate. "W-where are you going?" He asked as he stared at you straightening your clothes. "I don't plan on staying here for the night, but if you are then go figure. I'm leaving". As you walked back to the other side of the campus, you hear him shouting "W-wait for me!" You didn't stop walking, but you slowed down as he chased after you. He was panting as he walked beside you. "W-wh-where are you, g-going right n-now?"

"I don't know, back to my dorm? Where else can I go at this time?"
"Let's go grab a bite." he smiled as you scoffed. "Are you nuts? It's 9.30p.m. now." 

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter