It's Official

It Started With A Notebook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 published on 28/1/13 

+start+

Your POV

"Why did you do that?!" he managed to squeeze out as he pressed onto his stomach, at where you elbowed him. You stood up straight and crossed your arms in front of your chest.

"Oh. Yeah, if a guy that I don't know pulls me by my waist at 11.30p.m. at night in China, I would definitely let him do it,you know. Because that's what girls do, let guys touch them." you snapped back at him as he stood up properly. He let out a heavy sigh and rubbed his stomach, "Fine, I'm sorry." he apologized as he gazed back up to look at you. "Where are you going?" he asked as he walked beside you.

"The cemetery." you answered as you were walking there. He held you by your arm, causing you to stop walking when he said "You're not killing yourself right?" 

You pushed his hand away and chuckled. "Who in the right mind kills themself in the cemetery?"

"Oh.." he rubbed the back of his neck and murmured to himself, which was loud enough for you to hear. "God stop being an idiot!"

"I'm going to visit my mother's tombstone one more time before we leave tomorrow." you continued the conversation as the two of you walked to the cemetery. "Ah.. meeting my mother-in-law." he blurted out. You stopped walking and turned to look at him. Raising an eyebrow, "Mother-in-law?" you questioned him. "N-nothing, nothing. Let's continue walking." 

During the walk there, you could have sworn you heard him scolding himself. Murmuring "Why on Earth did you say that?.. What guy says that?.. She thinks you're a total idiot now.. Way to go Kai. Way to freaking go."

You chuckled just listening to him scold himself. He stopped murmuring to himself and gazed at your direction. "W-were you listening?" he asked as he rubbed the back of his neck. You shook your head with an amused smile. "Didn't even hear a thing."

"So, about that night.." he started off but his voice trailled off when he realized you stopped walking. "We're here." you said to him as you stood in front of the cemetery, not moving.He glanced at your face and glanced at the cemetery. "If we're here then ,why don't we go in and find your mom's tombstone?" he asked as he stood beside you. "We're not the only one here." you said to him as you went in. "Huh?" he walked behind you,following you. As you came near your mother's tombstone, there was a man in front of your mother's tombstone, kneeling down on the ground, letting out sobs. Kai pulled you by your shoulders and stepped in front of you with his arms opened wide, as though he's your shield. "W-what if he's dangerous?" he said with his back still facing you. Smiling to yourself of how he kept your safety in his mind, you gently tapped his shoulder and he turned around. Just as he turned around you stepped back in front of him and you could hear him gasp when he realized you're standing in front of him in just a split second. Hearing the man's voice, it sounded so familiar. Horribly familiar. You took a few steps closer and Kai held onto your hand. His hand was shaky at first, but after a light squeeze from you, he calmed down. The man was wearing a white coat, as mentioned before, he was kneeling down. You stood beside the man and let go of Kai's hand. The man looked up.

"F-father."

He wiped away his tears and cleared his throat before sniffing. "W-what are you doing here?" he asked you with his voice shaky. "I should be asking you that."

"H-Hae Ra, leave." he said as he got up. "Me? Leave?" you let out a soft scoff. "Why should I leave when clearly I'm the one who loved her the most?"

No doubt that now you were a warm person now compared to your cold self a month ago. But the moment your father opens his mouth, it's like your heart automatically turns into ice.

"Don't say that."

"What do you expect me to say? You never tell me anything. Never once I hear you telling me, you actually cared. If she was alive right now you wouldn't even acknowledge our existence." you snapped back at him as he wiped the tears at the corner of his eyes. He wanted to say something, but something was holding him back. He shrugged it off, "I'll see you back in Korea." was the only thing he said before he walked out of the cemetary, fast. You gazed at him walking out of the cemetery. When he left you gazed back down to the ground,

Kai's POV

She slowly crouched down in front of her mother's tombstone before sitting down, with her legs crossed in front of it. She glanced at me and patted the space on the ground beside her. Understanding what she meant, I sat down beside her with my legs crossed. I placed my hand on her lap, and she placed her hand on my hand. I held her hand for a while, before intertwining our fingers. I caught myself staring at her but I didn't care. It's not like she doesn't know my feelings for her already. And it seems like she, may. Just may, have feelings for me too. How, childish. Just a month ago I made a bet with her.

"What if, we make a bet?" I asked as she nodded her head. "I'm listening."
"If I can prove to you I'm not what I seem, you owe me a wish." I grinned as she let out a dry chuckle. "Do I look like a genie to you? Is there a genie lamp around here?"
"Funny, but I'm serious."
"And what if you fail?"
"I owe you a wish." I snapped my fingers as she raised a brow in amusement. "So now we're genies?" I rolled my eyes and a smile formed upon my lips. I took a step closer and said "Scared you'll fall for me when I try to prove it to you?"

Funny, because I was supposed to show her I'm not what I seem. It turned out to be the other way around. She showed me she's not what she seems. "Scared you'll fall for me when I try to prove it to you?". How ironic I said that, because I fell for her. Slowly I could see tears filling up her eyes as she looked up to the sky. Trying not to let the tears roll down her cheek. She closed her eyes slowly and the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter