Stunned

It Started With A Notebook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 published on 3/1/13

+start+

Your POV

Just as you reached back to your dorm, you see Jiyeon lying down on her bed. You went straight to your bed to lie down. Jiyeon got up and sat on the floor beside your bed. She was just looking at you and you looked at her. "What?" you questioned as she shrugged her shoulders. "O-Oh, I was staring? Sorry! I'm just not used to having company..." she admitted sheepishly before you smirked. "Then I'll leave to another ro-"

"No! Please stay!" She put two of her hands out to reach out to you but the moment you raised an eyebrow she pulled her hands back. She cleared and asked "How was class?" to change the topic. "Easier than I expected." you shrugged your shoulders before she pressed her lips into a think line. "What class did you have today?" she asked as you recalled back what class you had. "Musiciology."

"EASY? People say that class is mad hard!" Her eyes widened as you took a while to think whether if it was really that hard. "It's easy. The concept,ideas.. It's pretty simple." you nodded as she let out a soft, "Wah, you're pretty smart."

"By the way!" she snapped her fingers before she went on. "What classes do you have?"

"Instrumental Music, Musicology, Poetry, Composition, Theatre studies, Vocal Music and Choreography." She put up her fingers to count. "One... two... four... that's seven! You're a scholar?" gaped open as you nodded your head. "They offered me." You explained as she grinned. "I'm a scholar too!" she beamed as you furrowed your eyebrows.

"You said you only had fiv-"

"I lied because I didn't want anyone to know..." she muttered softly as you understood her situation. Even you didn't want to go around telling everyone you're a scholar. "And so now..-"

"I don't have to lie to you!"

"What?"

"We're going to get along just fine! Best friend!" She smiled as you nodded your head, trying to get used to all of this attention from her. Jiyeon laid back down on her bed and you took out your notebook. You flipped through the pages to get to a new page. You write the date, and a new entry.
 

"New school, new people. Faces that I've never seen,
 I'm forced to come here, attending hell as though I've commited a sin,
 God, tell me. What did I do to have this life?
 Please take me back. Back in time .
 When I was once happy and everything was mine."
 

Satisfied and feeling better after writing, you closed the book and slipped it under your pillow. You went to your room to wash up and put on a t-shirt with a pair of sweatpants. You wore over a black hoodie. Just as you opened the door Jiyeon was just opening the black notebook. You ran towards her and snatched the book away from her. "What are you doing?! This is personal!" you raised your voice as she jerked upon listening to your rage. "I-I'm sorry. I didn't know it was personal.." she whispered softly and you felt like an now. You nearly lost it at the same time. As in, you could've just exploded and a million of insults would come out of your mouth. Things like,

Are you dumb?
Is your brain lost somewhere and you can't find it?
Are you programmed by idiots to be dumb?
Are you that dumb blonde in the horror movies that dies the moment the movie starts?
Are you that lost cat that thinks she's a dog?
I'm really baffled by your idiocity.

One after another just kept flowing through your mind endlessly but you closed your eyes and managed to squeeze out "It's alright." It was hard. You were so used to speaking your mind and now you have to .. 'take care of other people's feelings'. "I'm-I'm really sorry Hae Ra, I won't read or touch it eve-" You cut her off by asking "Hungry?" Her expression changed from worried to happy immediately. She stood up and said "Yes! Are you?"

"Nope." you said as you put the notebook underneath your pillow again. "Just follow me!" she beamed as she reached for your wrist. "No Jiyeon just-"

She pulled you out eventhough you didn't say yes. You weren't even hungry. You were just trying to break the awkwardness from just now. But you followed her to the canteen and sat on one of the tables,while waiting for Jiyeon to come back with her food. Just then a bunch of girls, well let's just say their

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter