Try

It Started With A Notebook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 published on 21/1/13 

+start+

Your POV

"Are you alright?" Kai asked as you slipped your phone back into your pocket. You pushed aside your fringe and squeeze out, "Everything is JUST fine."

Kai placed his hand on top of yours and said "Are you sure?" You pulled back your hand and stared at him. He chuckled and leaned back on his chair. "Let's order. I'm so hungry I could eat everything on the menu." Kai stated as he looked around for the waiter. Zelo came with an apron on, along with two menus and a pen with a mini-booklet.

"Oh noona!" Zelo said with a grin on his face. "You know him?" Kai asked as he took the menu Zelo passed to him. Zelo passed you a menu and you didn't respond to any of them.

TRY to converse with him. 

Those exact words Jiyeon said lingered in your head.

"I just met him today." you said as you look through the menu. "What would you like to eat?" Kai asked as he lifted his chin to meet your eyes. "I'm fine with anything."

"We'll have two chicken chop." Kai said as he closed the menu, setting it on the table. "Drinks?" Zelo asked as he wrote down the order.

"I'll have .." Kai thought about it, tapping his lips with his index finger. "Two warm water." you said as you took the menu and passed it back to him. Kai was a little stunned but he flashed a smile and said "Whatever the gorgeous lady said."

"Your order is noted down, it will be done in 15 minutes!" Zelo said as he gripped on the menu. He bent over and said "Noona, you're very pretty."

You pushed him by his shoulders a little, making him back off as he chuckled. You could feel yourself blushing a little but you guessed it wasn't that obvious. He waved a little before making his way back to the counter. You rolled your eyes and run your fingers through your hair in frustration before tying it up. You let out a heavy sigh and straightened your clothes before sitting up straight.

"You.. don't want to have dinner with me, do you?" Kai asked as he rested his chin on his palm with his elbows on the table. 

Like I said , you have to follow EVERYTHING I say for the whole month.

You shook your head and said "No, just. Not my day today." You rested your elbows on the table as Kai leaned closer, pulling his chair closer to take a good look at you. You were looking out the window as it started to drizzle. Just then you felt a warm hand on your cheek, causing you to turn to meet Kai's eyes.

"You've been crying." Kai said as he caressed the bottom of your eyes with his thumb. You slowly pushed his hand away and he pulled back his hand. "S-so what do you want to talk about?" you tried to change the topic. "Hmm.. how was class today?" Kai asked as his eyes widened just a little. "Horrible. Mr.Han is really trying to kill us all." you shook your head as he smiled. "How come?"

"We all have to read a 30 page spread and write a 3 full page essay about what we think about it." you dreaded talking about it just as much as you hated thinking about your assignments. "Ouch, when is it due?" he asked as you thought about it for a while. "Next Wednesday."
"That isn't so bad, I'll help you." you looked at him and he looked serious about his offer. "And what do you know about Bach?"
"Well..with my presence around, maybe you'll get an inspiration to write better."
"I doubt that."
"Let's try tomorrow! Let's meet at the library." he suggested before you realized you have classes tomorrow. "Mind you, we both have class tomorrow."
"Let's skip it." he suggested before you called in crazy. "It couldn't hurt anyone." you waved a hand at him before you said, "Forget it."
"How about I come by around 9.00 p.m.?"
 

"Just for my essay?" He nodded his head. "Whatever you want." you said as you gazed back out the window. There was a little girl holding onto her mother's hand, both of them sharing an umbrella. The little girl was wearing a little white dress with pink ribbons at the bottom as she walked under the rain beside her mother. Reminded you of that time when you wanted to just run around under the rain eventhough your mother told you not to. She warned you so many times that you couldn't run under the rain and she'd always pull you in with her to share an umbrella. You stared at the two of them when a hand waved in front of your face, causing you to turn your attention back to Kai.

"Sorry , did you say something?"  Kai gazed to where you were looking at, and he saw the little girl with her mother. He turned back to face you. "You really miss her, don't you?"

"More than anything in the world." He was quiet, he knew that your mother was the most important thing ever in your life. And just losing her, well.. watching everyone else being happy with their own mother, made you jealous. Envious. Yet .. missing your mother a whole lot more. To 'lighten' up the mood, you asked "How's Sun Hwa coming along?"

He groaned and leaned back on his chair. "Don't even start with her."

"Here are your drinks." Zelo stated as he placed two glasses of warm water on the table. Before leaving he bent down beside you and said "Noona, come closer, there's something I need to tell you."

You leaned closer with his mouth by your ear and felt a light kiss on your cheek. You leaned away and placed a hand on the place where the light kiss was felt. You felt your cheek burning up a little as Zelo grinned and said "Noona, you're adorable." before jogging back to the counter. Kai stared at you and you brushed your cheek before leaning your back on the seat. "Whose your little boy toy?"
"He's not my boy toy." you scoffed before he raised an eyebrow. "Boyfriend?"
"Not even close."
"Friend?"
"Acquaintance." He nodded his head in understandment as he leaned closer again. "Let's play, 20 questions."

"20 questions?" You asked as you leaned closer, with your elbows rested on the table. "You know , I ask you 20 questions I've always wanted to ask you." he smiled before you agreed. "Really?"
"We split it up."
"Split it up?"
"10 questions for you, 1

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter