I Do, Do You?

It Started With A Notebook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 published on 9/1/13 

+start+

Kai's POV

I opened my eyes and find that Hae Ra is still sleeping soundly. I tucked a few strands of her hair behind her ear and leaned closer to kiss her forehead. "I'm ending this all for you." I whispered as I got up.

I walked all the way to Mr.Kim's house and I knocked on the door. The door opened and it was Richard. "Oh, Kai-ssi. What are you doing here? Where's Hae Ra?"

"She's .. in my room." I said as I gazed down to the ground. "Something happened, am I right?" I nodded my head and he pulled me in. 

"That did what?!" Richard shouted as he got up. "Oh Richie, don't act like you didn't know I was capable of all that." I hear a woman snapping at the both of us. We got up from the sofa and walked towards where the voice was coming from. Eun Hee was decending the stairs and she came  closer towards Richard. "I can even do it to you." She said as she raised her hand but I gripped on her hand.

"Let go of me!" She shouted but I gripped her wrist tighter. "I think you've done quite enough." she glared at me and I let go of her hand. She hissed a little while rubbing her wrist. She raised her hand again but this time it was for me. I knew it was for me, her hand nearly came in contact with my face but she stopped and we all froze when we hear a voice saying "Don't even think about touching him."

Our heads turn towards the door and there was a figure of a girl. As she closed the door and stepped closer, it was Hae Ra.

"B-baby."

She pushed me and Richard away to pin Eun Hee against the wall. Hae Ra's hands just over Eun Hee's wrist on the wall.

"Kim Hae Ra what are you doing?!" her father shouted from upstairs on his way down. He pulled Hae Ra away and stood beside Eun Hee. "What is wrong with you? Can't you at least give her a chance?"

She scoffed and took a step back. "All she did was hurt me, all she did was just abuse the people around her. Soon she'll abuse you too. Is it wrong that I want to stop all of this before it happens?" 

"H-Hae Ra, what do you mean?" her father questioned Hae Ra. It seems like she never told him at all. "This woman that you love, she slapped me before. She also laid her hands on Kai. She was this close to hurting Zelo and God knows who else she's tortured before."

Hae Ra's father turned to look at Eun Hee. "I-Is this true?"

gaped open a little but she stuttered through her words. "O-Of course not!" She looked at Hae Ra and pulled Hae Ra in for a hug. "See! We love each other!" she said as she broke the hug. Hae Ra pushed her off untl her back came in contact with the wall. "Hae Ra what's wrong with you?!" her father shouted.

"What's wrong with me? You have got to be kidding me." I took a step closer, standing beside Hae Ra and just in front of her father. "Mr.Kim please, Hae Ra is really telling the truth. I've seen it and as a matter of fact, she slapped me too."

"A little slap couldn't kill you." Eun Hee snapped. All eyes were glued on her, even Mr.Kim's eyes. "W-what did you say?" he questioned her.

"If that's the case, show it to him. Prove it to him that you've slapped me an-" Hae Ra's voice trailled off the moment a hardslap was laid on her face. Mr.Kim's eyes widened, and I turned Hae Ra by her shoulders to face me. "Baby does it hurt?" I asked as I placed my hand over her cheek, where Eun Hee slapped her. She placed her hand over mine and glared at Eun Hee. "It's fine, it's not the first time she's done it."

"You need to go to hell." Richard said as he took a step closer towards Eun Hee. "Excuse me, what did you say?"

"You heard me, you're no better than a devil." he shot back at Eun Hee. "I don't think you realize what position you are in to tell me that." Eun Hee said as she smirked a little.

"He may not be richer than you, but he definitely has more pride and dignity than you." Hae Ra said as she let go of my hand.

"Everyone stop!" Mr.Kim shouted. So loud, that you can actually hear echoes around the house. Everyone froze, except for him. 

"Richard, get back to work."

"But sir-"

"Now. Before I change my mind to fire you." Mr.Kim said with a stern voice. Richard brushed off his clothes and nodded his head before making his way to the kitchen.

"Hae Ra, go to your room, take Kai with you." 

"I don't even live here any-"

"Don't make me repeat myself twice."

I held onto her hand and dragged her away. Pulling her upstairs, as I stopped walking the moment we reached upstairs. "Where's your room?" I asked her as she let out a sigh. "Here." she said as she pulled me towards a door down the hallway just past the stairs. She took a deep breath before opening the door as she let go of my hand. I entered her room and she closed the door. Her room walls were painted light peach, with matching colored curtains to go along with it. I didn't understand why she wouldn't want to live here instead of her apartment. Here felt so warm, and the feeling of home, eventhough I didn't live here I could feel it. I looked around and there were pictures of her and another woman, who looked exactly like Hae Ra. I'm guessing, it was her mother. Hae Ra sat on the bed and gazed down to the ground. I stopped looking around and sat down beside her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter