Seventeen

It Started With A Notebook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 published on 17/1/13 

+start+

Your POV

You raised up the clothing she threw at you and it was a simple,white long sleeved dress. The length of it was, say, slightly above the knee level. You changed into the dress and tied your hair up in a ponytail, not the most fancy way to dress up, but it looked presentable. Or "good" In other words. The sleeves covered up until your elbows, which the end of the sleeves were laces. It was a flowy dress, just a simple, white dress. The dress fitted perfectly, as though it was made for you.

After you were done, you opened the door and stepped out of the bathroom. You looked at Jiyeon and her eyes widened. So wide that you thought her eyes were going to pop out. "Y-yah" you said as you waved your hand in front of her face. She snapped out of it and blinked her eyes multiple times, turning you around to get a good look of you in the dress. "You look stunning!" She said with a squeal at the end. "Keep it down!" you said as you covered her lips. Too late, a few guys were already walking up to the two of you as you moved your hand away from JIyeon's mouth. They weren't bad looking, instead they looked a little familiar, as though you've seen them around campus. She snatched your clothes and said "I'll take care of this, now have fun!"

Before you could ask her to stay, she dashed off, guessed she was going to go put your clothes at the dorm or something. Maybe she felt guilty for getting them wet in the first place. The guys came up to you, to be exact it was a group of them. They surrounded you and suddenly Kyungsoo appeared in the middle of the group. He pushed through and stood in front of you.

His eyes travelled from your head to your toe, and made his way back again to meet your eyes. "Wow." He said as he took a step back.

"I thought you weren't coming?" he asked as he raised an eyebrow. "I thought that this party would a little less if I showed up." you smiled a little and he chuckled. "I Like the way you think."
"How's the party so far?" you asked as you looked around. "It's alright I guess. Nothing bad happened, Kai's upstairs though." he shrugged his shoulders before your eyes widened just a little. "Isn't the birthday supposed to be here?" you asked softly as he shrugged his shoulders. "I guess maybe he's waiting for someone."
"Who?" 
"He didn't say who, but he just left to the balcony. Maybe you could go up and talk to him?" he suggested as you gulped. "Why me?"
"Because it's better if you did that Sun Hwa. Kai would probably push her off the balcony and that won't turn out nice." you let out a soft scoff before you agreed. "I'll introduce you to these guys first before you leave. They're probably wondering who you are." Kyungsoo took a step aside and you could see all the guys clearly standing in a circle. Surrounding the the two of you. 

"Guys, this is Kim Hae Ra. New student, the best pianist of this school."
All of them bowed at the same time and slowly one by one introduced themselves. Because you weren't a fan of their music that much, they had to introduce themselves. You could see all of them smiling so hard that their mouth is going to fall off, but you found that 'cute'.

One of them, Suho, if you remember correctly, dressed with a blue tank top with a white hoodie over it cleared his throat and the rest of the members splited up. Like just walking away joining the rest of the crowd. 

You looked around and the girls around here, they were dolled up pretty well. You gazed down to what you were wearing, a simple white dress with a pair of sneakers. Not as classy as them, but very comfortable.You scanned around the place and realized, it was actually quite big. You've never really been here before, but you've heard of this place countless of times, just that you never got the urge to come here. As you look around, a hand waved in front of your face, causing you to break your gaze and turn to see who it was. Kyungsoo smiled at you and said "Don't feel insecure, you look amazing. Come, I'll bring you to Kai." 

He walked towards the stairs and you followed him, making your way through the crowd. As soon as you reached the second floor, it was dark. There weren't lights on but you could still see everything because of the moonlight shining through the balcony doors which was made out of glass, and it's also a see through door. "There he is" he said as he gave you a light push towards the door. "I'll be downstairs with Jiyeon if you need me" he said before he left to walk downstairs.

You didn't know why, but you found yourself walking towards the balcony doors. You placed your hand on the door knob, and twisted it gently.

Kai's POV

I rested my elbows on the railings of the balcony. Just feeling the breeze run through my face, as I rested my chin on my palm. Letting out a heavy sigh. 

"What's the birthday boy doing up here alone?"

My chin slipped from my palm as I turn to see who it was. My eyes met Hae Ra, who was wrapped in a simple white dress. Just fitting her body nicely. With her hair tied up in a ponytail. Her hands were on the railings and I was still wondering if it was my imagination or if she really was there. She turned her head to face me and my eyes widen. It's as though there was a sparkle in her eyes the moment my eyes met hers. I blinked a few times, and lifted my hand to reach for her cheek. She didn't move, instead she smiled a little as my hand touched her cheek. "You really are here."

She pushed away my hand gently and said "Shall I leave?" as she turned around, walking towards the door. I reached for her hand and pulled her back. "N-no! Stay.. here."

She walked towards the bench that was by the railings and sat down. Just as she sat down, I took the seat beside her. She crossed her legs, with her hands on top of her thighs as she looked up to see the stars. Without knowing, the words "You look beautiful" escaped from my mouth and she turned her head to face me. "Sorry, what did you say?"

"N-Nothing." I gulped and she let out a scoff and she looked back up to gaze at the stars. "Thanks." she said as she tucked strands of her hair at the back of her ear. My eyes were glued on her. The girl right beside me, been through so much of pain but she doesn't reveal it to others. Instead writes them into a notebook without letting anyone else know that she's suffering so much. If I was in her position, sure I would probably try the same thing, but I would never get this far. This far as in, I think if I read her book properly, she's been writing for over 3 years, coming to 4 years. If she writes until this year that is. I just can't understand how someone can, hide all the pain so well. But she turned into a cold person. Reading through every word in her book, I could tell she was once a warm person, until all the controversy happened, she changed.

Before I could continue with my train of thought, "So birthday boy, what's your wish this year?"

I turned to face her and she gazed to meet my eyes. "I can't tell you my wish, it'll be jinxed." she scoffed before she rolled her eyes at me. "How superstitious of you."
"Well it's true." I smiled and she gave a slight smile. "Alright, since it's your birthday I'll let you have things

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter