Introductions

It Started With A Notebook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Started on 28/12/12 

+start+

Annyeonghaseyo and hi. 
Kim Hae Ra is my name.  Kim for Gold, Hae for the ocean, Ra - In direct motion. Don't ask me what that means, even I have no idea what it means at the end.
Let's start off with the basic details.

I'm eighteen this year. I speak fluent Korean, English and Mandrin. Mom's Korean, Dad's Chinese. Which leads to how I learn to master three languages ever since I was young. I major in piano. Been playing since I was seven. The melodies released, the feelings expressed, the great feeling of satisfaction when someone enjoys me playing. Name one person? My mom. I got interested as though I was under a spell listening to her one day when she was playing the piano. She's a piano teacher, which leads to where I got my piano education and skills.

She's everything to me. 

Or I should say, was everything. She passed away four years ago, due to cancer. That I didn't know about until she reached the third stage of the cancer. Who is to blame from keeping this from me?
My dad.    He was never there for her. What's worse is he knew about it but he didn't do anything about it. All he does is flirt around with that ty woman of his at work from time to time. He's probably the reason why we have to keep moving from one country to another. Ever since mom's death, he's been trying to be nice to me. Are you serious? You only start to care after she died,what's the point? Is it going to bring her back to life? Is it going to make her smile in heaven? Take back all the tears she shed when she already know you have another woman to toy with at work?    You're smart, dad. But keep in mind, our IQ isn't as low as you think it is. Not that I have anything to say about it. It's just troublesome. I don't really have close friends, I mean what's the point? I'll leave them anyways and tears will be involved. Majoring in piano, I've been entering a lot of competitions and probably won each time I enter. Not to brag, but it's true. Certificates and trophies are my proof. A lot of music schools has offered me an opportunity to learn and enroll in their college, university or schools but I rejected them because it isn't time for me yet. 
I guess I can have close friends now, we're officially staying in Korea now. Dad's got a job here. He's a lecturer in some university I couldn't care less about. Whatever that is and whatever life he has up ahead of him, that's his problem. I stay away from his affairs, since I'm living on my own in my apartment. I still haven't decided what college to enroll to yet but knowing my dad, he'll probably enroll me to a college without me knowing until I get accepted. I also used to do plays and theatre productions. But that was a long time ago. I drifted away from it and focused on piano. Along the way I picked up poetry. It just, expresses my feelings.   I don't talk to my dad. He calls every week to check on me. That's it. When I see him in person, I bow, I greet and usually that's the end of it. People tell me , "He's your dad","You should love him". Correction, I do love him. But what he did was just unforgivable to me. He wasn't there for me and now he wants to because he feels guilty my mom is dead. Simple as that. Plus, I respect him enough to converse with him politely , what more do you want from me ?   So hi, my name is Kim Hae Ra, and I want my life to change.   Your POV You wake up with the sound of your phone vibrating. It was a call from your father. Great. Just perfect. You took a while before answering his call.   "Go." you answered the call. "What a way to greet me." he replied you, as though he feels offended even though this is how you answer him most of the time. "Just state your point." You can hear him let out a sigh before he said, "I enrolled you into Korea National University of Art, you'll have to come here and go through the interview. You there?"

"Forced to."

"Pack up your things, clothes and meet me outsi-"

"I'll meet you at the university." You cut him off bef
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter