Special Chapter #1.

It Started With A Notebook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DISCLAIMER : These Special Chapters will be really long. So if you can't take it , I suggest you don't read it unless you are really interested~

 

Skip to 0:15 to start the music.

Your POV

They say that when you move in with the one you love, or in this case.. a boyfriend. That's when all the problem comes, but for you and Kai? In other words your boyfriend for 7 years, it was a whole new level to your relationship. There was more hugging, more kissing and definitely more touching and affections. But not to worry, you're still a because the two of you were waiting for just the right time, after you're married.

How time flies, 7 years just being with the guy you love was more than anything you could ask for. So many things happened within that 7 years. Memories you couldn't forget, things he said, those little arguments the two of you had but was easily made up because the two of you just loved each other dearly. The two of you aren't married yet, but when the time comes? You'll be ready for it. You got off the bed as you made your way towards the dressing table where you sat down in front of it. Looking at yourself in the mirror. Your hair grew much longer until it was your waist level but you decided to cut it shorter, until it was longer by a few inches from your shoulder level. Beside the mirror, there was a few photo frames. One during your graduation, that was one of the most unforgetable memories yet. There was a reason to why you smiled so big at that very moment.

"And next, graduating under Arts and Literature. Also achieving one of the best scores in our university yet. Kim Hae Ra."

You got up on the stage as clappings filled the room, even cheers and soars. The only ones that caught your ears was Kai, along with EXO-K and Jiyeon at the sides on the stage. You smiled and made your way to Miss Hana, who was handing you your certificate along with a few other certificates of achievement.

"I can't believe this is actually happening." Miss Hana said as she shook your hand. "Me neither." you said as a tear rolled down your cheek.

"Your father would have been proud, so would your mother." She said as she pulled you in for a tight hug, which made everyone cheer again.

"Next off, graduating under the name of EXO-K, two of them finally graduated. Kim Jongin and Oh Sehun."

Girls cheered as Kai and Sehun made their way on the stage, shaking Miss Hana's hand before making their way towards you on the stage. Sehun was the first to take his certificate so he made his way towards you, offering you a hug. You hugged him back and he patted your head, gently as he tried not to push your graduation hat off. Eventhough it was really noisy with all the cheers, you could hear a guy clearing his throat and Sehun stepped aside, revealing Kai.

"We did it baby! We graduated!" He exclaimed as he pulled you in for a hug.

"1,2,3, say cheese!" Jiyeon said as she snapped the polaroid picture of you and Kai. His arms wrapped around your waist in the graduation dress. "Here, take another one with a camera, so you could wash it and put it in a frame." Miss Hana said as she pushed you closer towards Kai for another photo.

"1.." Miss Hana called out as she held her camera in front of you and Kai. "2.."

"I love you baby." Kai whispered as he hugged your waist tighter before Miss Hana said "3..", which made you smile bigger, showing your teeth.

"Aw! You two look amazing together!" Miss Hana said as she showed the two of you the camera, with your photo taken.

"I'd like to call out, Kim Hae Ra, to make her graduation speech." the principal spoke as the room went dead silent to listen to you speak as you look at Kai. "Go on baby. I'll be right here." You nodded your head and made your way to the stage.

"Ah..ah." you said as you tested the microphone.

"So.. " you started off as you looked around the room, at everyone focusing on you.

"Today is, definitely one of the most unforgetable days of my life. Graduating alongside, many amazing and wonderful people." Smiles crept onto most of everyone's faces. 

"When I first came to this university , it was not what I thought it was. I was cold, rude, and very.. hurtful. In a way. I'm glad now, after 3 years of being in this university, I'm finally graduating on my third year. I believe I've changed to be a better person, but I didn't change completely because..well I'm still very sarcastic."

People laughed upon hearing your honesty, but quiet down again to listen to you continue.

"Thank you to everyone who was there for me. Thank you to Miss Hana, that gave me so much support along with many other great teachers. Thank you to the principal, who has also showed me love. Thank you to.. my friends, and my boyfriend.
Kim Jongin."

The moment you said his name, the crowd went wild. Insanely just cheering for Kai to get on the stage but he shook his head, showing them he didn't want to get on the stage to steal the limelight.

"And thank you to my parents.. who are watching me from above. I just want to let you know that I love you so much. And I hope you're proud of me at this very moment." 

For some reason after you said that, a tear rolled down your cheek as you tried to smile. The crowd cheered a soft "Aww.." as they felt the pain you felt. You felt someone turning you by your shoulders and cupping your cheeks. That touch, you knew it was Kai's. He pulled you in for a hug in front of everyone on the stage, which made them cheer and soar. "It's okay baby. It's okay to cry. Shh.. I'm here now." he whispered as he your hair.

Smiling a little, you got up and stood by the window. Looking out the window, from your bedroom you shared with Kai, it was daylight. You let out a relieved sigh knowing you didn't have work today as a piano teacher. Many many many schools, and universities have offered you a chance to be a teacher in their school slash university because of your skills but you chose to just be a piano teacher at your university you graduated at, as well as participating in countless amount of piano competitions, winning in most of them. Pretty showy, but true.

You placed your hand at the window pane, as you slided it to open the window. You see a little girl down there, walking alongside her father. She was holding his hand tight, pulling him towards the musical shop. The exact same shop you first went in with your father when you were a little girl.

"I-I'm sorry Kim Hae Ra. We've tried our best to-"

"No! There must be something you could do!" You shouted back as you fell to your knees. "He's the only family I have left. You can't just let him die!" You shouted as you look back up with tears streaming down your face, echoes filled the hallway as it was only you and the doctor. He got down on his knees, in front of you. Holding the sides of your arms.

"There's nothing else we can do."

Pain, tears, painful tears.. was all that filled you. Nothing else. You gulped as tears streamed down your face when you tried to look at the doctor. "But.." he croaked out as he let go of the sides of your arms. "But what?" you immediately say at the doctor, turning your head to face him. "Like I explained the situation to you earlier. He only has a few more hours to live, I suggest you make the best of it."

You gulped as you shot up, eventhough your legs felt like jelly. Jelly that can't even move but you gripped onto the doctor's arm. "Take me to him." 

"Appa.." you call out as you entered the room, closing the door with your hands shaking. He looked weak, skinny and pale. The man who you called your father, who looked so strong.. faded. His head was wrapped with white bandage.You brought yourself towards his side and he scooted a little. Even by doing so, it looked like he used up all his energy just to move a little. He patted the space beside him, slowly as he looked like all energy has been drained out of him. Another tear rolled down your cheek as you sat down before lying down beside him. You rested your head on his shoulder as you knew he was struggling to wrap his arms around you, like how he'd always do when you were a little girl. Another tear rolled down your cheek when you hear him hissing a little when his arms was finally around you, knowing this would be the last time.

"Hae Ra.." He called out, as loud as he could but it seems to be whispers to you. You gazed up to see his face, eventhough he looked weak, he still tried to keep a smile on his face. He lifted his hand, ever so slowly to place it on your cheek. Wiping the tear away with his thumb. You sniffed as you tried to hold in the tears, but as soon as he cracked a smile, tears just flowed down your face. Knowing, this is also the last time you'll probably have him this close, being in the arms of a father, and seeing the man, who gave a home, married a woman you call your mother, and loving you with all his heart all this while even when you were so cold to him but he still loved you anyways, just that he never showed it.

"I'm..I'm s-..sorry." He managed to squeeze out as a tear rolled down his cheek. You buried your face in his chest, just cherishing the few last hours. You sniffed as he slowly your hair, you could feel he was smiling a little. "Why are you sorry?" you muffled the words in his chest, but you knew he could understand them clearly.

"I'm the one whose sorry. I should be sorry I had so many years to cherish with you but I didn't. I didn't know you love me so much as a daughter. I'm sorry I had assumptions that you were cheating on Omma with another woman. I'm sorry I had nasty thoughts of you. I'm sorry I'm.. I'm not the daughter you wanted me to be." You let out as slowly you cried, letting more tears wet his clothing. You feel him taking in a deep breath as he tried to push you away just a little, so he could look down to see your face. He lifted his hand again, placing it on your cheek, making you look up to look at him. 

"Don't.. e-ever.. say that." he struggled to say as he slowly forced out a smile. Another tear rolled down his cheek as you placed a hand on his cheek, wiping the tear away. He gulped, and his lips parted, trying to speak. 

"I-I could n-never.. ask for..a-a better daughter than you." His hand moved away from your cheek and you pulled back your hand.

"You a-are the best thing.. that's ever happened.. to me.. Apart from.. me getting married t-to your mother. My sw-sweet.. beautiful.. daughter.. I love you."

A/N : This is fictional, so I do get it if it doesn't make sense about the situation, but do bear with it. :)

A tear rolled down your cheek as you pulled your hand back after staring at the shop. You felt arms wrapping around your waist, usually you'd jerk up a little, but all you could do was try to smile. "What are you looki-" Kai's voice trailled off the moment his chin rested on your shoulder, gazing to where you were looking at. He instantly knew what you were thinking about. Right after your father passed away, he was the one who carried you all the way back to campus after falling asleep by your father's side one more time before he passed away. He was also the one, locking himself in the room with you just so he could comfort you for hours just for you to let out all your sobs, tears of pain, and words of regret. Probably one of the most heartbreaking things he's seen yet, especially the moment you woke up, a few days after the incident, where you didn't have a smile on your face or the will to live. Apart from that, there came a time when they had to announce to the whole university that, your father had passed away. Most of everyone shed a tear, but you were the only one who tried really hard not to cry. That was when everyone in the university knew he was your father.

"I'm so silly." you said as you wiped the tear away at the corner of your eye. You felt arms around your waist were gone as Kai turned you around by your shoulders. "He's probably at a better place now." you murmured as you stared at the ground. He lifted up your chin with his index finger, as he leaned in closer, staring into your eyes. "You're not silly. It's normal for you to miss your father. Even though it's been 7 years." he said as he leaned away, his hands sliding down at the sides of your body to grab onto two of your hands before intertwining them with his. "But just know, I'm still here to stay. For 7 years I've been staying and I don't plan to leave you. Ever." he said as a slight smile, formed upon your lips. "See, you're smiling already." he said as he let go of your hands, pulling you in for a hug. Your arms reacted to the hug as your arms just wrap around him.

"I told you baby girl, I'm here to stay."

Just then there was a ring on the doorbell. You let go of Kai but his arms was still wrapped around you. "Y-yah, there's someone at the door." you said wiggling a little but he wouldn't budge. He groaned a little before loosening the grip around you, but you still couldn't break free. He looked down and pouted. "I just want some alone time with my girlfriend, is that too much to ask?"

You chuckled a little before pushing him away. "If that means keeping people waiting outside like that, then yes." You made your way towards the door but you hear him saying, "Oh no you don't." You felt arms pulling you back in and the door slammed tight as you fell onto the bed, landing on Kai. You laughed as he held you down when you were trying to break free. "Yah! S-Stop!" you said as you tried hard to stop laughing but he was tickling your sides as you rolled down beside him on the bed. "I don't think I want to stop. I love watching you smile like this." He said as he continued to poke your sides.

"K-Kai!" You squealled a little as you tried to reach for his hands. The doorbell rang again and since he paused for just a moment, you took that opportunity to sprung up from the bed and distant yourself away from him. "Don't tickle me again!" you said as your hand reached the doorknob but you felt arms wrapping around your waist again. "But why?~" He whined a little as you opened the door and walked out slowly with his arms still wrapping around you from the back. You walked slowly towards the door with him following you, step by step. "Because, it's rude to keep people waiting." you said as you were in the hallway as you heard someone shouting outside "YAH! Kim Hae Ra! Kim Jongin! OPEN THE DOOR BEFORE I GET OLD!"

You instantly knew who that was. You gently pushed Kai off with a slight "It can't be!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter