Mother-Daughter reunion.

destiny (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Three.

Mother-Daughter reunion

 “Yuri.” Minho whispered. He smelt like alcohol but Yuri still felt his warm embrace. “Do you know how much I missed you? Did you know that I thought about suicide when you left? Do you know how much pain I went through?” He asked and Yuri froze, for a moment.

Yuri took a deep breath and pulled Minho back up so that she was facing him. She didn’t say anything and helped him get in the car. She observed his face closely, he was close to tears and they were about to shut from being drunk. She took a deep sigh and closed the door and headed to the driver’s seat.  The car started and Yuri began driving in the dark night, heading towards her old home.

The car soon stopped to the apartment’s carpark and she took another deep sigh. She looked at Minho, who was deeply asleep. Then she thought for a moment. Where was Mina? Was she home alone? Her heart started beating loudly. Could she see her daughter for the first time after what felt like a million years? Hesitating, she woke Minho up, who was still half asleep and put his arm around her shoulder and made their way to the elevator, which went straight to their level.

Yuri’s POV

“Minho, we’re here. You need to type in your passcode for your house.” I whispered. He lifted up his head, “Oh, that! You know it too well Yul.” He smiled and looked back down. Could it be? Has he still kept the same passcode for his house?! My hand reached to the buttons that was above the door handle, my fingers pressed on the buttons, did he really keep our old passcode..? Then shock travelled down my spine when I heard the door unlocking noise. Why didn’t he change it..? I brought Minho into the house and sat him down on the couch. Everything seemed the same. Like how I last saw it, the furniture was the same—everything was in place. I looked at Minho, deeply into his eyes. “Minho..” I whispered his name, with tears welling up. “Yeah?” He grinned. “Why didn’t you change the passcode?” I asked quietly. One of Minho’s habits when he was drunk was answering everything with complete honesty and wouldn’t remember what happened. “Because I had that little part of me that thought you would come back for us.” He replied. “Where’s Mina?” I asked again. “With Jessica. Remember her?” He smiled. I nodded. “Here I’ll take you to your room.” I said, wiping the tear away. As I helped him get in his room, I realised that everything was the same. Same bedsheets, same furniture, same arrangements, same everything. He laid on the large bed and dozed off. I got up and walked out of the room, making my way out of the house until I went pass Mina’s room. I had the urge to open the door. And so I did.

Mina’s room was the only room in the house that had changed. The walls were coloured a baby pink, in the corner of the room was a proper bed, not a cradle. On her bed, next to her pillow was a teddy bear she had back when she was a baby, there was also a barbie doll sitting on the bed. I looked around the room, without touching anything. I went to her wardrobe and saw 5 frames sitting alongside eachother. I looked at them one by one. The first one was her with Minho. She had grown up so much, another tear fell out of my eye as I moved on to see the next picture. It was one of Mina with Jessica, Jonghyun, Key and Sooyoung. They looked like a happy family. It made me smiled just by looking at the picture, they would have taken care of her so well… I looked at the next picture, which was her with another group of her aged girls. They were probably her friends. I wish she could tell me all about them. The fourth picture was one with Minho again. They were both smiling brightly, looking at the camera. Minho was hugging her while Mina seemed like she was giggling. I missed out on all of these. The guiltiness was once again all over my mind. Then I moved onto the last picture, which shocked me a lot. It was a photo of me, her and Minho- from a few years ago. When Mina was just a little baby, who couldn’t walk. Tears dropped onto the white wardrobe and I quickly wiped it away. Does this mean Mina knew what I looked like? I was dying to see her. But Minho probably wouldn’t let me anyways. I took another look at the entire room and exited it. I went to the kitchen and started cooking the porridge I always made for Minho when he drank. After I did, I wrote a little letter and placed everything on the dining table. Then I left the house silently.

End of POV

The next morning.

Minho’s POV

I wiped my eyes from tiredness. I checked the time, 10am. WHAT. I was late already. I immediately rose up but a terrible headache interrogated me. I let out a loud groan and tried to remember what had happened last night. But I couldn’t remember anything ex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter