Chapter 6- Be a Chief's Apprentice!

Married...and Married AGAIN?!

Kyung Mi's POV

That stupid ert.

I should've known better. IT'S BEEN THREE YEARS AND HE'S STILL A ERT.

Aish. He never did change.

, , . Remind me to kick his when he does that thing again.

I was trying to focus on cleaning my room when I heard the sudden ringing of the door bell outside. I sighed to myself as I got up and opened the door. No one was there, except for a pretty envelope wrapped with a red lace.

The letters "WGM" were boldly written on it. 

I heard Taemin's door open. Then, he rushed beside me.

We both opened the letter in our hands.

 

To. Lee Taemin and Cho Kyung Mi

Hello newly wed couple! Of course, we go by the saying "The way to get a man's heart is through his stomach!". Today, we are going to let you be one-day apprentices by Chef Dy. He's a famous Chinese-Korean chef that will teach you how to cook delicious meals for each other! Please prepare yourselves in 10 minutes. There will be a car taking you to the restaurant. 

And, please anticipate the reward of Chef Dy!

 

With that, we scrummaged into our rooms and rushed to dress up.

----------------------------------------------

"Annyeonghaseyo! My name's Cho Kyung Mi, Dy-sunbae!" I bowed down politely, trying not to get on his nerves. His expression was very friendly. I think I'm going to get along with this Chef Dy.

Taemin bowed nervously. "A-annyeonghaseyo. I'm Lee Taemin of SHINee." I looked at Chef Dy, who looked at Taemin from head to toe.

OOH. Does Chef Dy have a "thing" for groups?

WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU THINKING, KYUNG MI?

Naah. I'm sure that's not what looking at him meant.

Chef Dy motioned his hand for us to follow him, and we followed immediately. 

"He's scary," Taemin tailed along behind me. I rolled my eyes at him.

"You're such a scaredy cat."

-----------------------------------------

"So, first, you're going to make Strawberries in Chocolate Shells with Raspberry Sauce. Desserts are much easier to assemble, and I heard that both of you are dessert fans." Chef Dy smiled as he brought out all the ingredients for the said dessert.

I eyed the ingredients with lust. I WANT THOSE RASPBERRIES!

AND CHOCOLATE! AND STRAWBERRY!

Chef Dy ordered me to slice the raspberries while Taemin filled the chocolate shells with whipcream. I concentrated on slicing. I wasn't very good with slicing, so I got scolded. It's either I slice them too thin, or I slice them too thick.

Hey. I never sliced stuff when Mom cooks. It's usually me stirring or doing other stuff. I was never given the task to slice.

I ended up cutting my finger for five times already. Chef Dy looked at me with disbelief, and told me to put the strawberries on top and dribble the raspberry sauce on top of it. Taemin finished his job a while ago, and we were only cutting raspberries for finishing touches. Chef Dy had prepared the raspberry sauce beforehand, so we did it in 5 minutes only.

We garnished it with whipcream, and voila! Our very own Strawberries in Chocolate Shells with Raspberry Sauce!

I looked at it, and I could already imagine myself eating it, on my fingers because of that sticky raspberry sauce.

"Now, let's go on with the spaghetti. This is a very basic recipe for most couples."

Chef Dy left the two of us alone and gave us a paper containing the instructions. He told us that he wanted to see us work together.

I snickered at that thought. Chef Dy, don't ever expect us to cooperate with one another.

We were supposed to make the noodles soft first. 

And you know what the unprofessional Taemin did?

HE THREW THE NOODLES INSIDE BOILING WATER. AND YES, LITERALLY THREW IT.

Some even cracked.

I looked at him with a bewildered expression. I picked up one of those uncooked noodles and attempted to shove it up his nose.

"YA! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?! Why did you just THROW the noodles in there?!"

"W-what? It's supposed to be like that, right?" 

I hit his head. 

"You're supposed to add a pinch of salt and a little oil!"

I sighed and quickly put a pinch of salt and oil inside with the noodles. Then, I glared at him.

"You're such a big stupid fat guy." I cursed under my breath as I opened the can of sauce.

"WHAT...DID YOU SAY?!" Taemin pushed sauce and it spilled on my hand as he grabbed my arm.

I looked at him in disbelief. "LEE TAEMIN! YOU JUST SPOILED THE SAUCE! WHAT THE HELL?!"

I used the chopping board and hit him on his chest.

He groaned in pain, and grabbed my arm again. He tried twisting it, but I tried my best to fight it. I finally managed to get out of his grasp.

He opened the container which contains pepper and threw it at me.

NOW I WAS DRENCHED IN PEPPER.

WHAT. THE. HELL.

Now, pepper was all over the floor.

I cursed under my breath. 

Kyung Mi...calm down...calm down...

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH.

I screamed and kicked him on the crotch.

"DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH WON THAT COSTS? Do you want me to freaking show you how much it costs? WELL I JUST DID. "

He fell on his knees as he groaned in pain.

Ha. So much for being a man.

I was caught off-guard when someone grabbed me from behind and put the uncooked hotdogs on my face.

Stupid...Freaking...

"WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE?!" I slowly turned to see Chef Dy looking at us witht hose ferocious eyes.

Uh-oh.

"I can't...believe this! You two messed up this place! I can't believe I lost 2 month's supply of pepper!" Chef Dy looked at his feet and groaned.

I even heard him cuss in Chinese.

"You two.." He struggled with his words. I bet all he could think about was Chinese curse words. "Clean this up. Or, Get. Out. "

We bowed at him apologetically, and started cleaning as soon as he left.

Man, we really did make a mess.

All the utensils were on the floor, pepper was spread around, hotdogs were below me, and sauce dripped from the chopping board.

I looked down. "This is all our fault."

Taemin sighed, defeated. "I guess it is."

I started washing the chopping board and snapped. "Taemin, why don't we make a cake for Chef Dy? I'll bake one for him. Besides, all the ingredients are here."

He shot me a smile. "Great idea! And I'll probably make some homemade Oolong Tea. " He looked into the refrigerator and gave me a thumbs-up. "All ingredients are here."

I excitedly washed the chopping board and prepared the baking powder and other stuff. I was never good at cooking, but I knew how to bake chocolate cakes.

There were cake mixes and stuff there, so I didn't really have to struggle with all the dough.

I smelled myself. 

UGH. I .

I SMELL LIKE... LIKE HOW MIXED CHICKEN SOUP WITH KETCHUP WOULD SMELL LIKE.

Super gross.

Ugh. I hate you, Lee Taemin.

But, I decided not to argue with him since it'll just lead to Chef Dy scolding us some more.

We already made him disappointed once.

-----------------------------------------------

We placed the cake in front of him, and Taemin placed the tea beside it. We gave him a fork and a small plate for him to place the cake on.

He eyed the cake suspiciously. He sliced it with the knife and took a good smell at it.

He, then, sipped the Oolong Tea. Taemin looked nervous when he did that.

Chef Dy looked at us. Then, suddenly, the tension on his face softened and it became a cheerful expression.

"This is great. The cake is not too sweet, and the tea has the perfect taste of Oolong Tea." He ate a slice of the cake.

Taemin and I looked at each other with relief.

"You better sit down," Chef Dy used his fork to point to us and the chairs beside him.

"Please give these two plates." He ordered to his other staff. They quickly rushed into the kitchen and gave us plates.

"You better eat with me. It's my birthday today. Eat with me, arasso?" Chef Dy smiled at us as he continued to eat the cake.

We also took our own slice and ate. Wow. I didn't realize that what I baked was yummy.

Taemin looked at me happily and continued to focus on his food.

I snapped my fingers again. "Taemin, let's sing." I smiled at him. "Happy Birthday to you~ Happy Birthday to you~ Happy Birthday our Chef Dy~ Happy Birthday to you~!"

We sang with glee as Chef Dy clapped his hands in delight.

"Don't you have a wife, Chef Dy?" Taemin asked as he pointed to Chef Dy's finger, which had a lot of rings.

"I don't," He said, taking off all of his rings and putting it into his pocket. "That's why I'm here to teach you. I'm envious that you have such a pretty wife." He remarked as I blushed.

WAIT. WHY DID I JUST BLUSH?

It's not like I'm really his wife.

Taemin looked at me and patted my shoulder. "My wife is pretty-" Then, he covered his mouth with his hand.

I stared at him in shock.

Chef Dy let out a small chuckle. "Aigoo.. Really. Kids these days... Ya, young man. You better take care of your wife."

Taemin looked at me again. I glared at him this time.

"Haha, ne." He said nervously as he scooped up the remaining bits of cake.

"Because you gave me a cake on my birthday, and Oolong Tea..." He started to scrummage into his other pocket. He brought out a black box. "Here's my reward to the two of you, even though you failed at my mission."

Taemin and I exchanged looks. 

Chef Dy opened the box, and revealed a very pretty ring. It was a pretty simple ring, but the checkered design on it made it outstanding.

There were two rings.

WOAH. Marriage rings for us?

"Come on, put it on her." Chef Dy encouraged. "The T.V. and the whole nation of Korea wants to see you put on your rings on each other."

I stared at Taemin with a boring expression.

He lifted my hand nervously, and put on the ring. Wow, it fit perfectly on my finger.

I grabbed Taemin's hand, and put the other ring on him.

"Now, you're officially married!" Chef Dy said. "Promise that you won't ever take that ring off. That's worth 50,000 won, you know."

I bowed down at Chef Dy. "Thank you."

"Anytime." He smiled. The staff told us that we could go home already. Taemin and I rode on the van, but the driver seemed to steer into a different direction.

The staff was filming us,too. They eyed the surroundings.

...woah. And, before I knew it, I was in Gangnam.

The home of soooo many shops in Seoul.

Taemin pulled me out of the van as soon as possible and lead me inside the mall.

"What the heck, Taemin?" I grabbed my arm back. "Why are we here?"

"I owe you clothes." He chuckled and pinched his nose. "You...smell."

I slapped him right then and there in front of the store. "What are you implying...?"

"Look. We just need to shop, alright? This store has good clothes."

We went inside the store. After trying on some clothes, Taemin tossed a bunch of clothes to me.

"You'll look good in these. Trust me," He smirked. I rolled my eyes and went inside the Fitting room.

Well, Taemin didn't lie. It looked really good.

I wore a gold shirt with a black blazer on top, then black and white leggings with a blue skirt on top. I was wearing sneakers, so the outfit clashed perfectly.

I got out of the Fitting Room.

"It looks great!" I squealed like a fan girl. Taemin even widened his eyes in shock.

"It does!"

Taemin told me not to take it off and paid. He also dropped my old clothes in the Laundromat. He also told them to deliver it straight to our house.

Wow. Taemin's really kind.

WAIT. HE'S NOT.

DON'T FORGET WHAT HAPPENED BEFORE. HE CHEATED ON YOU, KYUNG MI. HOW COULD YOU EVER FORGIVE A GUY LIKE THAT?!

Taemin grabbed my arm and pulled me back to the van. Then, I heard his phone ring.

"Yeobusaeyo? Ah, noona? Don't worry," He tried to make his voice small, so that the staff wouldn't hear. But, I could hear him very well.

 

 

"I love you, noona."