Chapter 20- Birthday Treat

Married...and Married AGAIN?!

Kyung Mi's POV

I slowly opened my eyes. 

UGH. I HAVE A DREADFUL BACKACHE.

The hard ground must've-

OMG.

I was surprised. Why?

TAEMIN WAS ONLY CENTIMETERS AWAY FROM ME.

And. HE. WAS. HUGGING. ME.

Wait. I shouldn't be surprised.

We've done this countless times already. Before, we left no space between us and we weren't even afraid to-

AHHH SHUT UP KYUNG MI.

Then, I heard Taemin's ringtone. I sneakily took it from his pocket while his heavy arms are on me.

''Yeobusaeyo?"

"Ah! Kyung Mi-ssi? Is that you?"

"Ah, yeah. Who's this?"

"It's Kang PD. We're here at the top, and we're with some people already. Fire fighters."

I quickly slapped Taemin's shoulder. He shuddered in surprise.

"What the hell, Kyung Mi?" He said as he rubbed his shoulder.

"They're here. The rescuers are here."

I gave Taemin's phone back as I saw people climbing down the rope from above. I got my jacket, and Taem did the same. We waited until the fire fighters came down.

One guy talked to us. I just looked weirdly at him. Taemin was the one conversing with him.

Then, he motioned for us to grab the rope. I went on first, and Taemin went behind me. We held on tightly as we were pulled up the cliff.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY. I'M BEGINNING TO COME BACK  TO BEING A CHILD. I FEEL LIKE I'M IN A CAROUSEL-

OUCH.

"Pabo!" Taemin shouted as he saw a branch on my hair. He was looking up.

I tried my best to get the branch out of my hair, but IT'S HARD.

NOW I LOOK LIKE MINNIE MOUSE. WITH A BRANCH ON MY HAIR.

We finally got to the top, and I skipped off and hugged Kang PD immediately. He was taken aback.

I didn't know why, but tears came out of my eyes. 

"WAAAAH! PD! It was so scary..."

HAHHAAHA. I TOTALLY DIDN'T ACT THIS WAY WHEN I WAS THERE WITH TAEMIN. 

Taemin was now laughing so hard.

"Let's go to Beijing now. We don't have a lot of time before our flight to Korea." Kang PD said. We just nodded and followed after him.

Author's POV

When the troop had skidded off, the man who came down with the rope earlier gave one of the camera men something he found. 

"This costs a fortune.. Better fix it." The man said to the PD in chinese.

The PD, being half-chinese, just nodded.

He realized that the camera had some slight damages to it. 

He just shrugged it off and took the camera with him. He'll probably use this camera again after three years. After all, WGM supplies their staff with lots of cameras every year. No use for using this.

 

Kyung Mi's POV

"KYAAA!" I screamed my head off as I saw Show Luo. He was one of the people in the Entertainment Industry that I truly admire.

He was now having an outside concert and he was brilliantly good.

"Ya, come along. We need lots of shopping to do."

I pouted. "But, I wanna see more of Show Luo."

He got angry, but his features softened after a second. "Come along. I'll buy you a Show Luo album."

My eyes lit up, and I screamed again. "THANK YOUUUUUU!" I hugged Taemin and skipped around to see some of the shops.

We bought lots of stuff: Food, clothes, accessories, and I bought lots of stuff for Kyu oppa. After all, he was the one who told me about China.

I also bought some stuff for Mom and Dad, like a big extra huge comforter. Oh, and I bought two shirts with lots of colors splatted on it. It was a couple shirt. YAAAAY!

We were being filmed anyways. It's for WGM. DUUUUH.

Taemin liked it. It's because it had that b-boy feel to it, and he's sporting street look nowadays.

"Ya, Kyung Mi. Take care of my phone for me. If ever Sulli calls, just tell her I went to the washroom." He handed me his handphone and went to the restroom.

I ENVY HIM. I totally regret throwing my phone last night.

Just as expected, Sulli called.

"Yeobusaeyo?"

"Ah. Sulli-ah. Taemin's in the washroom right now, so..."

"Oh! Is that so? Alright... How are you, Kyung Mi-ah?"

"Me? Ehe. I'm fine!" I replied cheerfully. 

"Take extra good care of Taemin today, alright? It's his birthday today..."

"MWO?! IT IS?!" I exclaimed, almost making all heads turn to me. HAHHAA. Good thing they don't understand Korean.

"Ah, yeah. Didn't he tell you? By the way, when are you coming back? I want to greet Taemin personally."

"U-umm... about this afternoon."

'Great! I'll be seeing you two in the airport! You'll stop filming there, right?"

"Yeah.." Somehow, I felt sad. First of all, I regret not making Taemin feel special today.  Second, erm... I don't know. I just feel disappointed. 

I let out a huge sigh as I felt a tap on my shoulder.

'What was that all about?"

"Oh...umm...Sulli just said happy birthday... and told me she's going to fetch you from the airport."

"Really? Aish. I must be the one coming to her." He snatched his phone away from me before putting it in his pocket. "Let's go?"

He started walking and looked back when he realized I wasn't moving.

"Ya. What's up?" He said in English.

I pouted at him. How could he act so coolly, knowing that his birthday was today?

"I want to get you something..." I mumbled under my breath. It was true. I wanted to get him something before we leave. Before he goes to Sulli...

"If this is about my birthday, just shrug it off." He said coldly.

I looked at the ground. I don't know why I felt this way... what I wanted was to give him at least something.

He hugged me and nuzzled my neck. 

WOW. MY HEART'S GONNA EXPLOOOOOOOOOOOOOODE!

"Don't be that worried about my birthday, Kyung Mi. You being worried is enough for me." I heard him chuckle lightly, not caring about the people that passed us and the WGM Camera. Ooh. The fans must like this a lot.

"I still want to get you something..." I whispered into his ear. He broke the hug, and held out his hand as if he wanted to get something from me.

"Then, hold my hand."

I looked at him like this: O_O.

"Hold my hand 'til we reach Incheon Airport. That would be your gift to me."

I snickered. So, he just wanted me to hold his hand?

I held his hand and intertwined my fingers with his. 'Happy now?"

"Of course." He shot me a smirk as we walked towards the food stalls.

 

------------------------------

AIGGGGGGGGGGYAAAAAAAAA. We're finally back in Korea, baby!

Taemin and I were still holding hands. Like he said, we held hands until we get back in Korea. 

Taemin just woke up. Maybe he was really tired from all the shopping we had done. I told him that he should be happy since it's his birthday and all...

Luckily, we finished filming. We could go home and rest.

The other staff were still inside the plane, taking care of their bags and other stuff. We already had our luggage with us, so we could go home ahead of them.

''Ya, Lee Taeminnie," I said as I flicked my middle finger on his cheek. "Don't be so groggy. It's your birthday and-"

"Taemin-ah!" I heard someone shout in front of us. I quickly grabbed my hand away from his and hid it behind me. It was Sulli. She was running towards us.

Taemin's head shot up. He was rubbing his cheek. He shot a smile towards Sulli as she approached us.

"Kyung Mi-ah!" Sulli hugged me. "You're finally back! Did you buy some stuff for me? Huh? Huh? Pretty little dongsaengie~!"

I don't know why Sulli's so hyper today. Maybe it's because Taemin came back. She wasn't like this. She's like a lady most of the time, calm and quiet and all.

I let out a little giggle before getting something inside my handbag. "Ah, here. I bought these earrings for you."

She gladly took it and bowed at me. ''Thank you, Kyung Mi! Ya, Lee Taemin!" She turned to Taemin now. "Where's your souvenir for me?"

Taemin looked dumbfounded. "I...erm..."

Sulli pouted at him. "Nevermind. Happy Birthday!" She pretended to whisper something to Taemin. But, she was actually giving him a peck on the cheek.

"Kyung Mi-ah, we'll be going first okay? I'll be having my Inkigayo hosting later on, so I can't be with Taemin much." Sulli gave me an apologetic look. "But, don't worry. I heard that Taeyang oppa is here. He came back from Japan. He performed there, solo."

"Arasso, arasso. Just don't forget to give Taemin a huuuuuuuge present!" I said cheerfully.

"Arasso, Kyung Mi-ah! Bye!" She bid off as she pulled Taemin towards f(x)'s van which wasn't even filled up. It was only Sulli and Taemin. But, I understand. Taemin and Sulli need some alone time.

I sighed to myself as I contacted Taeyang oppa. He told me he was still getting his bag so I waited for him near the exit. A few moments later, we met up and he gave me a ride to YG's building.

 

--------------------------------

 

"How was the trip to China?" Bom unnie's eyes glittered with delight as she put her hands on her cheeks.

"It was fun. But, don't tell this to anyone, but... Taemin and I got stuck in the mountains."

"Oh? Why?!"

"Err... I slipped and fell off a cliff."

"GOOD THING YOU SURVIVED. I MEAN, CLIFF? You would've died!" Dara unnie threw her hands up in the air and started to act like a person being strangled to death.

"Ermm...Unnie? I fell. I didn't get strangled."

"Oh...yeah."

''Unnie, how could you be so childish?" CL unnie said teasingly. "You're the oldest ones in YG and in 2NE1 yet you two are so childish!"

"Sorry," Bom unnie bowed her head and pouted. Minzy and I laughed at the two of them. They looked like they were on the "Wall of Shame".

I stared at the ceiling for quite a few moments.

What are Sulli and Taemin doing right now? Are they in the mall, shopping for stuff? In the amusement park, maybe? Or, simply in a restaurant, having a romantic lunch together?

Maybe they'll be staying under the moonlight, and kissing each other til morning come-

OKAY. THAT WAS A STUPID THOUGHT.

Or, maybe... A VACATION IN JEJU ISLAND?

But, they didn't go inside the airport. 

Sulli is quite a person, and I'm sure Luna unnie knows a lot of romantic stuff because she reads a lot, so Sulli must've asked her some tips...

"Ya, Cho Kyung Mi. Are you alright?" CL unnie said, tapping my back. I nodded.

"I'm just a little tired, that's all." 

Minzy stared at me. "Okay. Come with us. We're going to a pizza parlor here in Seoul, and we'll drop you home, arasso?"

I just nodded. Maybe I was just tired.

Why was I thinking about Taemin anyway? 

I shrugged off all those thoughts and went with my 2NE1 sunbaes.

 

-------------------------------

 

"Bye bye, Kyung Mi! We'll call you up later, arasso?"

"Arasso~" I tried to sound sweet as I entered the building. Damn it, my luggage is too heavy.

I entered the dorm swiftly and immediately collapsed on my bed. Gaah. I was so freaking tired.

I looked at my wall clock. It's 4pm in the afternoon. I hope the f(x) sunbaes are doing great in their performance in Inkigayo right now.

And, here I was, lonely lonely lonely~

Man. I should sing that with my unnies.

I got up and opened the refridgerator. UGHHHHH. NO FOOD. T^T.

Maybe I should go shopping to spare some time. Victoria unnie usually is the one who shops, but I guess it would do her some good if I do it.

I picked up my bag again and changed into a comfortable white shirt. I wore a cap that hid my face very well and went off.

 

-------------------------

 

Readers, let me ask you something.

Are red peaches good to eat? Or, pink ones?

I don't know. I'm not actually good with shopping for fruits and stuff...

Tell me before I buy something regrettable. T^T.

Another bummer: I ENTERED AN AMERICAN SHOPPING CENTER. 

I was being a blab box to the driver, saying that my unnie wants to buy good fruits, and he said the best fruits were bought here.

I'm good in English, but I don't really like using it much. Why? I sound horrible. 

There was someone standing behind me, looking for good things, too. I turned to that someone. His back was facing me.

I poked the person. "U-umm... Which peaches..u-um...are...good to eat?" I said, nervously shaking off the weirdness of my English accent. I'm Korean, and there's a bit of accent left when I speak English.

He turned to me, and I got surprised. "Taemin?!" 

His eyes widened,too. "Kyung Mi? What are you doing here?"

"The driver told me they had good fruits here..." I looked at the peaches on my hands. I still don't know which peach was good.

"If you're looking for a good peach, this one is probably better." Taemin put back the peaches on my hands to the tray and gave me a plump with a good pinkish color. I bowed at him.

"Where's Sulli?"

"She went to Inkigayo an hour ago... and since I was already here, I decided to buy some fruits for Key hyung... he told me he'd make fruit shake."

"Ohh..." I wanted to get out of this situation as much as possible. Why? I might blurt out personal questions about his date today with Sulli... and that'd make me nosy so...

"Thanks anyway, Taemin. I'll go buy some other stuff now-"

''I'll... just shop with you. I've got nothing to do for the whole day anyway."

I snapped my fingers mentally. Ugh. Just when I wanted to get rid of him...

"Alright," I tried to act friendly since it was his birthday. UGH... 

I silently got some apples and mangoes while he followed silently. I got some instant noodles, and some junkfoods, too. Taemin was still following me like a stalker.

''Ya. Don't get a lot of junkfoods. It'll make you fat." Taemin remarked as he brought back some of the junkfoods to their trays.

Somehow I felt happy...

Well... Taemin said I'd get fat... not "Sulli and the others will get fat"...

OKAY. EWWW.

I glared at him coldly and grabbed one of those junkfoods again. "You're not going to boss me around just because it's your birthday, aren't you?"

He raised a brow. ''Do you want to become unhealthy? Eating those will make you super fat that you'll become a balloon!"

I pouted at him before putting it back. "Alright..."

 

-------------------------------

 

"Ya! Taeminnie!" I dropped my shopping bags on a bench before pulling Taemin to the water fountain. It was filled with water. I pushed Taemin in. Man. He was wet the moment I pushed him.

"YAAAA!" He shouted. I stuck my tongue out at him, but he pulled me in. Now, we were both wet.

"I WILL GET YOU, LEE TAEMIN!!" I ran after him and splashed water onto him. HAHAHA. HE'S LIKE THE LITTLE MERMAID NOW.

WITHOUT A TAIL.

He splashed back water on me, for revenge. NOOOO. NOW MY SHIRT WAS SEE-THROUGH. IT'S WHITE!

We played some more and splashed water on each other. It went on and on and on and we played and played and played.....

TIL NO ONE WAS AROUND US.

We actually played for an hour there. Now, it was 8pm.

We got out of the water fountain. We were laughing like crazy.

"I'll get you some other time," I stuck my tongue out at Taemin. he just rolled his eyes at me. i got the plastic of groceries. Oh man, which reminds me...

My shirt!

I don't want guys looking at me. GAH.

I tried to cover it by hugging the plastic bag, but it was no use. The apples would fall over.

Taemin looked at me and gave me his jacket. "Wear it. I don't want guys oggling their eyes on you."

I looked at him, and smiled. At least he cares. ''Thanks a lot, Taemin."

He looked at me for a few seconds before wrapping his arms around me.

I was shocked. I could feel his warmth. He nuzzled his head on my shoulder and brought me closer to him.

"Kyung Mi..." He started to say something. "Thank you."

"For what?"

"For being here today on my birthday. I didn't have anyone else to play with."

I pouted. "So I'm just a toy?"

He chuckled and stayed silent.

Then, he gave me a peck on the cheek. i just blushed there like crazy.

"You're being too mushy, Taemin. You've got Sulli for the whole day, and yet you're only thanking me?" I tried to sound as sarcastic as possible.

Yeah, he should've enjoyed his date with Sulli.

"I love you," He whispered faintly as he walked away.

And, I was left standing there.

WHAT. DID. HE. JUST. SAY?!

I was too dumbfounded that I couldn't move.

Did he just say.... I love you?!?!?!?

DID HE?!