Chapter 13- Composing a Song

Married...and Married AGAIN?!

Author's POV

Kyung Mi blushed as she did her hair in the morning. It had just been two days since she started dating Wooyoung. And, it definitely made her feel good.

The fact that she's dating someone really close to her and someone who she knew would always be there for her cheered her up.

Even the fact that she's filming with Lee Taemin, her ex-husband, for WGM today didn't bother her. Well, everything happened in the past and she doesn't want to let it bother her because her mood was just so bright for the past few days.

She doesn't know why, but the 2pm oppas and the f(x) members already knew about their relationship right after she got home from their date.

Wooyoung's such a blabber.

She bid goodbye to Amber unnie who wa slacking off inside their dorm as she got on the van that WGM sponsors.

-------------------------------------------------

Kyung Mi blissfully greeted Taemin as she went to her room. Taemin was puzzled on why she was so happy. He was secretly nervous. Somehow, her being happy made him nervous.

It's not that he didn't want her to become happy; It's just a thing that bugs him that it might be because of a certain someone he really disliks.

And, that person made her happy.

He mentally slapped himself. 

He wasn't supposed to dislike that fact. He should be feeling nothing about it, not caring about it. After all, it's not like he still loves her after all she has done.

That memory crushed his heart. He dragged himself into his room.

Suddenly, the doorbell was heard. Kyung Mi ran outside to see who it was, and picked up the mission card. She was quite used to picking up the mission card right by the door. She opened the letter closed with a heart.

The card simply said seven words: Make a theme song for you two.

It simply meant that they were to make a song that contains all their feelings for one another.

Kyung Mi happily skipped to Taemin's room and knocked. Taemin answered, and she handed the card to him. Scratching his head furiously, he immediately calls his hyungs at home to bring over the electric keyboard that his Onew hyung owned.

Minutes later, the keyboard arrived. Kyung Mi stared at it in shock.

"I'm going to make the melody, you make the lyrics. This is your area of expertise, right?" Taemin smirked at her. She was curious. how did he know that?

Taemin, instantly getting the message through her expression, rolled his eyes. "You easily forget that we spent a lot of time with one another back then."

Hearing this, Kyung Mi got flustered and went on to the sofa with a pen and paper. She started writing as Taemin assembles the keyboard before trying tones.

------------------------------------------------------

"BREAK!" The director shouted as everyone immediately made their way outside the house. Kyung Mi received a message from Wooyoung, and goes out with the others. Taemin, curious about what happened, goes outside with her. He was tailing behind her.

Taemin got surprised when he saw Wooyoung outside, waiting patiently as he held two cups of coffee. It had the brand name "Starbucks" plastered all over it.

Kyung Mi gladly took the other cup and kissed Wooyoung's cheek, which Taemin never saw before. He was shocked. It was Wooyoung who naturally did that, not Kyung Mi. kyung Mi didn't like initiating the skinship. He knew that very well.

Wooyoung caught me behind her, and Taemin leaned on the wall and drank his glass of water. He looked over to Wooyoung, and waved.

"Hey, man. It's been a while." Taemin tried to sound as gleeful as possible when around Wooyoung, even though he secretly hates him.

Wooyoung just stared at Taemin and smiled. "Hey, man."

Wooyoung continued to talk to Kyung Mi. Taemin, unable to surpress his anger and jealousy, grabbed Kyung Mi's hand and started to drag her inside the house.

"We need to practice some more, Kyung Mi." He said as an excuse. Well, truth is, he's jealous. He doesn't even know it himself.

Wooyoung stopped Kyung Mi from leaving and pulled Kyung Mi into his arms, causing her to face his chest. He held her tightly for a second before glaring at Taemin.

"Taemin, give my girlfriend a break. You've been filming for 5 hours straight here. I need to at least see her," Wooyoung said as he carressed Kyung Mi's head slowly.

Taemin stood there, frozen for a moment. Girlfriend?

It shocked him, sending electric shocks all over his body. He was too shocked to even say something.

Wooyoung bowed at him apologetically before taking Kyung Mi away with him to a cake shop.

Taemin was still there. He looked down on the ground and put his face in his palms. He didn't know what he was feeling. He wanted to throw a fit, but he couldn't.

He raised his head and smiled to himself.

He must do this.

He wasn't someone who could gain power over Kyung Mi.

And, he didn't love Kyung Mi.

I don't love Kyung Mi, those words resounded in his ears.

He organized himself and went back inside their house, practicing and making some adjustments to the melody.

------------------------------------------------

"We're done!" Kyung Mi exclaimed as she offered a high five to Taemin. He just smiled at her and stood up. He stretched his whole body, from head to toe.

Kyung Mi looked at him, confused. After the incident during break, Taemin has been ignoring her. He only paid attention when something was up with the music or the lyrics of the song. He even suggested the feeling of the song.

She looked at the lyrics. It described them pretty well.

The title of the song was "Like Oil, Like Water". Knowing that these two can't be mixed, it relates to both of them being unable to stand each other and being total polar opposites. But, the bridge of the song suggests a hope that someday, through some chemical called "love", Oil and Water will be mixed.

They said their thanks to the PDs and the WGM staff before going inside the WGM-rented van.

Taemin and Kyung Mi were unusually quiet. Kyung Mi was still wondering why Taemin was ignoring her.

Taemin, suddenly dazing out the window, wondered why he was not being himself today.

--------

Kyung Mi slowly got off the van, and bowed at Taemin. "Thanks for everything today."

Taemin simply nodded.

Kyung Mi let out a small sneeze before walking away from the van. The weather was really cold these days, and she has no clue why. Suddenly, out of the blue, two hands grabbed her shoulder.

She turned, and saw Taemin taking off his jacket. He put it on her, and smiled. "You'll be needing this. I don't want to catch a cold the next time we shoot," He teased

She blushed and smiled at him warmly. "Well, you need germs." Kyung Mi rubbed her nose on the jacket. Taemin yelled at her, but she didn't listen.

"Goodnight," she bid off as she went inside her dorm.

Taemin smiled to himself. At least he talked to Kyung Mi normally this time.

He got inside the van, and went off to his dorm.

---------------------------------------------------

A/N: SHORT CHAPTER. Why? Because the next chapter's exciting (and the chapter after that), so I can't wait. ;).