Chapter 14- 300th Day Celebration

Married...and Married AGAIN?!

Kyung Mi's POV

I've been dating Wooyoung for quite a few days already, and it's been strong. I haven't seen him much since he had his schedules, but it was perfectly alright with me. He also told me that he was filming a new drama called "Dream High" and told me how many times he's been waiting for an opportunity like this. But, the problem is, he at English. So, Taecyeon oppa helped him. I also help him if I had the time.

I went to their set sometime to deliver something he forgot in my room. I met this girl called "IU", and she's a really nice girl. She sings very well, and her voice was as pure as milk. She was also cute and petite. She was an expert at guitar. I heard her when they were practicing a scene. Wooyoung got along with her pretty well.

"Wooyoung, bring over some food when you come over," I said as I put my phone on loud speaker. 

"Ah, Kyung Mi. I won't be able to come. I'm going to have dinner with IU and Taecyeon and go shoot until 5am tomorrow."

I pouted. "I hate you, Wooyoung."

"Eh? Why?"

"Just kidding. Goodluck in work."

"Yeah. Thanks a lot, Kyung Mi."

I ended the phone call and picked up my bag.

Phew. Another WGM shooting. Somehow, things had gotten a bit tense with Taemin. I mean, I can sense our distance already. It's like we were just normal strangers forced to take part in WGM together.

He rarely talks to me. Sometimes, he'd be in our dorm because SUlli or Krystal invited him over. But, he doesn't even mock me.

I wasn't used to it. It was weird.

It's not that I like him. It just gets weird when someone who used to tease you doesn't tease you anymore.

Well, I shouldn't really care about it. Like, duh. I've got more important matters to go back to.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I brought out the CD that I prepared 5 days ago and looked at it sternly.

Would he like it? Would he feel touched? I don't know.

5 days ago, the WGM PDs contacted me and told me to prepare a mini movie for Taemin for our 300th day anniversary. I didn't realize that time went by so fast that it's already our 300th day. I wanted to make it extra special, but I didn't really have great computer skills.

I knocked on the door of our house. The PDs told me Taemin was already waiting for me there.

Taemin answered the door, and flashed a quick smile at me before pushing me inside. 

"Erm... I heard you had something for me?" He said nervously as he sat at the couch. I patted his cheeks and stuck my tongue out.

"Of course." I opened the T.V. and the DVD player and put the CD inside. I pushed the play button and the CD started to playing

 

Taemin's POV (While Watching the CD)

At first, the screen turned black. Then, there was a scene where cherry blossoms were falling slowly from the trees, pink petals scattering everywhere. The trees were swaying gently with the wind that one spring afternoon.

There were two black silhouettes on the opposite sides of the park. They suddenly bumped into each other, and the screen went black again.

 

"We met one spring afternoon, while the cherry blossoms fell to the ground. You were a new student back then."

 

There were pictures of our classroom back then filled with messy students who threw paper everywhere, used their cellular phones, and scribbled on their notebooks. There was also a picture of me, being approached by some male friends and a lot of girls. I chuckled at my annoyed expression. I was studying peacefully and was enjoying the moment with the guys when some girls decided to approach me.  A stolen picture of Kyung Mi flashed on the screen. She was staring at me and was pouting. I reacted quickly and read the label of one of the girls' bags.

Cho Kyung Mi. 

Of course. This bag was the reason why we got closer. Cho Kyung Mi, the class representative and the 3rd best in the whole level of Middle School, had her bag thrown out. 

 

"Sae Jin was the school bully, and decided to flirt with you at that time. I shouted at her and told her to give my bag back, and in irritation, she threw it outside the window. You were shocked and mad at Sae Jin for being such a bully, so you jumped off the window just to get my bag. Luckily, We were just on the first floor. You even got drenched in mud after doing that. You looked like a monkey. >:P"

 

The screen showed a picture of me having mud all over me. I glared at Kyung Mi, and she just chuckled it off.

Then, I saw pictures from our graduation. We were in High School already, and it was by the time that we ignored each other due to our divorce. I bit my lip. I didn't know how to feel when I'm seeing these pics with Kyung Mi. There were pictures of me and my friends smiling. I knew that these pictures were either taken from the side or secretly. The angle was not right, and the lighting was really off. Kyung Mi had graduation pictures as well. 

 

"We lost contact in our High School years. We eventually graduated, and went off our separate ways to pursue. I never expected that-"

 

A video of me dancing was there with my hyungs, and performing Replay. It had several sequences. It also had some fancams downloaded off the internet. It was me smiling, dancing and eventually fooling around with the hyungs.

 

"You'd become a singer, and eventually become this type of person. A person who was cheerful and strong through everything."

 

Then, clips of me and Kyung Mi filming WGM and some edited pics were shown on the screen. I laughed at those moments when we couldn't do anything but just bicker at each other.

 

"I don't know how to express it well, but happy 300th anniversary. Always be the Lee Taemin I once met."

 

The CD video ended. I smiled to myself, thinking that Kyung Mi made this.

"Thanks, Kyung Mi. You're so mushy." I stuck my tongue out at her as she pouted.

I got the CD out and put it inside my bag, making sure that it was kept there safely. I gave Kyung Mi a paper bag with clothes.

"Wear this. We're going somewhere," I smirked as I shoved the bag to her.

 

Kyung Mi's POV

I peeked inside the paper bag and got shocked.

"Our High School...uniform?" I squinted my eyes, making sure my eyes weren't just making illusions. Taemin nodded and pushed me inside my room.

"Go Change!"

-----------------

After I changed, I shyly came out. Good thing I brought my sneakers. I usually wore sneakers to school.

I heard Taemin's door open,too. He came out, and he was also dressed in our High School uniform.

"We're going on a date for our 300th day anniversary." He winked at me. I widened my eyes in shock.

"A date? IN UNIFORMS?"

"Of course. Now, come along."

-------------------

"We're here," Taemin muttered as we entered the old, little shop we used to go to when we were almost a couple.

"Sangyuri!" I exclaimed (that was the name of the shop owner. Weird name. But, she liked to keep it that way.). Sangyuri turned around and flashed us a smile.

"Oh dear. It's Kyung Mi and Taemin. It's been years since we last saw each other, yes?" She greeted us. Sangyuri was an old woman who managed this store by herself. Her sons were the owners of big companies in Korea, so they were quite busy. Sangyuri-ssi found delight in cooking foods filled with warmth and love, so she managed her own business. Her husband passed away when she gave birth to her third son.

I nodded politely. Taemin took my hand and we sat on the table we used to eat at: the last table to the left. Sangyuri smiled to herself.

"The usual order...?'' Sangyuri asked. Taemin nodded and looked at me.

"Do you remember this store?" He asked with glee. I nodded.

"Of course. We used to hang out here a lot." I said, and snapped my fingers. I looked at the walls, and smiled.

The sticky notes that lots of people stuck on the wall were still there, unscratched, and still as good as new. I tried to search for Taemin and I's sticky note that we wrote together. 

"Ah! Found it!' I said as I pointed to the sticky note. (I'm pretty sure the staff took a close shot of this already). I brought my phone out and took a picture of it.

 

Cho Kyung Mi. Lee Taemin

We will be together forever! Sangyuri-ssi! Hwaiting! Aja aja!

Happiness will never end!

 

I chuckled at our youthful innocence back then. All we cared about was being happy.

Taemin stood up, and read it. "This is our sticky note, right? Dated about 4-6 years ago."

"Mm." I agreed. "I'm glad that it's still here. This wall is like history to everyone." I sighed happily as I took my seat.

"You know what, Taemin? I feel like we're back to being high schoolers."

He smirked. "Of course. That's the theme of our date for our 300th day anniversary. High School memories."

"Really?" I widened my eyes in shock.

"Well, it actually said that it should be really memorable..." Taemin scratched the nape of his neck. I laughed at his nervousness.

Sangyuri came with our orders, the usual noodles topped with beef. Noodles in Japanese style. We said our thanks and dug in.

Ah, this really feels like going back to where we first started.

It reminds me of that blissful feeling that I had when I was younger. I didn't care about anything. If I'm happy, I was contented with it.

Now, I'm not sure if that was what we wanted in life. 

Happiness can't be obtained that easily in this world anymore.

--------------------

"So, you're taking me here to race?" I raised a brow as I looked at the bicycle I was holding.

Taemin nodded innocently.

We used to go here whenever we had free time and race against each other until we were dead beat. Sometimes, I'd even get scolded for being so sweaty.

He rode on his bike, and swiftly made movements. I puffed my cheeks and rode on the bike.

As expected, I still had my biking skills.

I smirked proudly to myself and looked at Taemin. "Ya. Let's race."

"Thought you'd never ask."

"Ready, set..."

"GO!"

We both shouted as we pedalled our bikes. I was pretty fast, but Taemin was faster than me.

I tried my hardest to pedal with all my might. But, my legs weren't used to biking anymore. I still tried hard.

I lost my balance and was almost falling off my bike. Taemin was inches away from me, so when I fell, I fell on top of him.

We hit the ground hard, and I instantly got up. "You okay?" I asked worriedly.

"You're so fat, you know? No wonder you can't pedal fast anymore."

"Shut up." I glared at him and stood up.

"Oh, c'mon." Taemin blocked my path. "Who cares if you're fat? You're pretty anyway."

I blushed at what he said.

"Pretty annoying." He stuck his tongue out. "I made your heart beat, didn't I? You're going pink!" He teased

I punched his stomach and began to laugh.

He was so unsually off-guard today.

"Come, let's go to our next destination." I pulled Taemin, who was now on his knees because of the pain, up. He held my hand tightly and began leading the way to our next destination.

We walked on and on. The orange sunset was beautiful and breathtaking, so I took a picture of it. Taemin and I also took selcas of each other and made fun of each other.

We continued to walk after that.

-------------------

My eyes grew wide in shock as I scanned the building in front of me.

It was our previous High School.

The school that we attended together. It was already 8pm, so it was a bit scary. But, all the lights were on. 

"We're going to be late for class," Taemin smiled, and grabs my hand as we went inside the building.

The school was just the same: the walls were somehow peeling off their paint, the floors were squeaky clean, and the lockers were a little bit rusty already. We went to the second floor, where our High School classroom was. We sneaked inside and sat at our old desks.

The desks weren't cleaned yet; some vandalisms were still there.

"I remember.." Taemin said as he looked at the board. "Changmin and I used to put creases on the board whenever we got pissed off at the teacher."

I laughed. "Yeah, and I'd often scold you for that because I was the one who ended up getting scolded. I'd always stay late back then because of studying."

"Yeah, and I'd always wait for you because I always had basketball practice, and my friends go drinking so I always go home with you. I didn't like drinking."

"Yeah, and we liked going to ice cream shops just to ease our stress." I chuckled at the thought. "To think of it, we did spend a lot of time together..."

I looked up into the ceiling as I sighed happily. Remembering all those memories made me happy. 

At least I didn't regret anything from the past.

Except that divorce thing.

Somebody knocked on the door. I curiously opened it, and saw the school principal with the school janitor holding a cake.

"Happy 300th day anniversary!" They greeted as they lighted the candles.

They immediately retreated as soon as they laid the cake and the plates and two bottles of water on Taemin's table. I approached his table and ate a slice.

Taemin stared at me then rolled his eyes. He cupped my cheek using right hand and used his thumb to wipe the remaining chocolate on my lips. Then, he his thumb.

I widened my eyes in shock. It was weird. Why did he just do that?

I invited him to eat, and he didn't want to. He wanted me to feed him. Easily defeated, I fed him cake but quickly shoved it into his mouth so he choked.

I laughed evilly as I saw him grabbing a bottle of water.

"YA! Why did you just shove it in my mouth?"

"Why? Is that not feeding?"

He glared at me and continued to drink water.

I continued to eat in silence as I avoided Taemin's gaze. He was looking at me with an undescribable expression on his face.

I sat on the desk across him and swung my legs. I hummed a tune as I put the last piece of cake into my mouth.

Taemin stood up and held the edge of his desk. He was close to me, and I could feel his piercing gaze on me. I pretended not to mind by playing with my plate and fork.

But, then, I totally didn't want to play with him. So, I shot a look back at him.

He looked surprised, and chuckled. His right hand quickly cupped left cheek. He was leaning closer to me.

I gulped my saliva as he did this. 

"If only... we could..." He whispered in my ears. On camera, it looks like he kissed my cheek.

I was shocked with his mellow voice. It sounded so calm and quiet.

Taemin quickly pulled his hand away and pulled my hand so I could stand up. Quickly reacting to my reflexes, I bit Taemin's hand and ran.

"YA! YOU...!" We ran around like elementary kids. He was chasing after me. I could see clearly my bite mark on his hand.

I enjoyed this day with Taemin. Going back through our memories was a good thing.

But, it made me confused.

I loved Wooyoung, right? I love him.

I love Wooyoung, not Taemin...right?

My heart was beating for Taemin probably because I was nervous.

Right. I was just nervous.

I should shake away these thoughts.

There's no way Taemin and I will be together.

Not ever in this lifetime of mine.