Chapter 10- New Room Mates

Married...and Married AGAIN?!

Kyung Mi's POV

I didn't know how to react.

Why?

Well, let's just say that I wanted to get out here but a part of me wants to slap both Taemin and that Noona.

First of all, Taemin's so stupid. How could he even know the true intentions of that Yooji noona? slap for him.

Second, that Noona has no right to just make money out of him. I mean, yeah, she looks like a stylist noona. Doesn't she have enough profit from that? And, SHE'S A NOONA, FOR GOODNESS' SAKE. Being the older one, she must be the one taking care of him, not him taking care of her. And, yeah. She's just a that needs to be slapped. + Slap = slap for her. 

AND I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW STUPID THEY ARE. They really suit each other. Stupid + Stupid = Stupid Couple. Man, I have to stop using math in expressing anger.

Taemin might not even know what's inside her! She might have a bad acne on her back, maybe a big stomach, or worse... SCABIES! 

Ew ew ew ew.

I tried to calm myself down. I was in a restaurant, and everyone was looking at us. Yooji unnie was smirking behind Taemin's back. Taemin's arm was wrapped around her waist, and her head was leaning on his chest.

Ugh. This couple is such a show-off.

Good thing Taemin's in a disguise. Or else, the whole world would know that he's dating such a stupid, good-for-nothing noona.

I got up from my seat, politely bowed at them (even though behind my face covering is a mouth which is cussing swear words I never imagined I knew) and went outside the restaurant.

I stormed off and walked to my apartment (which was only blocks away) and banged my door as I got in my dorm.

I was so angry at Taemin. I know that he has every right to tell me that he should trust that noona more than me, but is he really that stupid?

He knows me. He knows me very well. And, through my eyes, he can know if I was telling the truth or not.

That was his special skill when we were together. For years of spending time and bonding, he already knew if I was telling the truth or not.

It was clear in my eyes that that Noona only wants his money.

I can't believe he didn't even trust me with what I was saying.

Does love make you THAT blind?

Seriously. He nees to go have a check-up with the eye doctor.

He is REALLY blind now.

---------------------------------------------

"So, how's things with Taemin? Going along just fine?"

I glared at Wooyoung as I drank another cup of Coke Zero. It's not that I like it. I don't like liquor, so I just wanted to drown out my anger by drinking coke.

Trust me. The burning sensation in your throat while drinking coke will NOT burn out your worries. 

"Don't remind me. I've had enough with that guy."

"What happened?" Wooyoung sipped his coke and ate a piece of Cheetos. 

I glared at him again. "You're never going to stop, are you?" I was getting filled up by the Coke, so I felt like I was drunk.

Ugh. Seriously. 

Wooyoung looked at me innocently. I groaned at him in defeat.

"There," I lifted my arm and waved my hand. "That dude defended his noona girlfriend. He doesn't even know that that noona was just taking money away from him."

Wooyoung opened his mouth into a big "O". I shoved a handful of Cheetos to his mouth, causing him to choke on it.

''He tells me he respects me, you know? Tch. That's so funny. I can't even feel it."

Wooyoung put his arm around my shoulder and nodded. "I don't think he does." He looked at me and sighed. "You know what, Kyung Mi? You've changed ever since your divorce years ago. You're so tough and fierce now. But, there's still that innocent Kyung Mi there. Your eyes tell a lot."

I really glared at him. That last sentence was what Taemin used to say to me back then. "Shut it. I thought you're here to console me?"

"Oh, right. But, we're doing nothing but drinking. Is that even consoling you?"

"Tch. Just being with me consoles me already. Now, go drink your coke before I do."

"Yeah, yeah." He said as he sipped his coke in one shot.

I chuckled. Of course. This best friend of mine will do everything to make me smile.

"Hey, we're still best friends, right?" I looked at him, and he cheerfully nodded.

"Yep. Even after three years of not contacting each other."

"I'm glad," I sighed and smiled. At least that cheered me up.

My phone began to vibrate. I unlocked it and saw the message.

I wanted to curse under my breath.

Right. There was a filming for WGM tomorrow.

Ugh. Life is so not pleasing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Cameras are on in 3, 2, 1... ACTION!" The PD said as they let the cameras on inside our house for the filming. Taemin was using the comfort room so he was gone.

The doorbell rang as the cameras went on. Of course, I knew what that was.

Mission card.

I opened the door and looked at the mission card. 

It had three simple words: Do Charitable Work.

Charitable... work? Meaning, donating, and all that stuff?

I heard the door of the bath room open. Duh. It was Taemin.

"What's up?" He asked as he peeked into the mission card.

Okay, Calm down, Kyung Mi... 

WHY THE HECK WAS HE ACTING LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED?

Stupid guy.

"Charitable work?" He scratched his head. Haha. He still has that habit. If he does that, it means he doesn't have a clue about it.

WAIT. Don't remember things from the past, Kyung Mi. Shut up, mind.

I snapped my fingers as an idea came into my mind. "How about let's work as volunteers for an orphanage today? I think that'd be nice."

"Oh." He said and smiled. "That's great! I know you really love kids so-" He got cut off as soon as he realized he was sprouting nonesense.

I just rolled my eyes and got into my room. "Get ready in 5 minutes. I'll tell the WGM PDs."

---------------------

We reached the place with big bags of toys and clothes for the children. We scheduled it, and an orphanage gladly accepted us. It was a long ride from our house, so we stopped by to buy some toys and clothes for the kids. Oh, and we also prepared a song for the kids so that they could enjoy.

Of course, after the conflict, I was still pissed off at Taemin so I did my best to avoid him. I only talked to him if it was necessary, and tried to keep a straight face while talking to him.

I didn't want to talk to him right now. Even his presence gets me mad.

Sometimes, in the van, I'd catch him staring at me with hopeless eyes. Huh.

It's not something interesting.

It's something irritating. Trust me. 

He looked like a freaking stalker.

Okay, moving on. We went inside the orphanage and the kids swarmed around us. We had a hard time putting the big bags away because they were all crowding over us.

I met JungSoo, HaeWon, Nam Hee and Kyu Hoon. They were the kids that played with me in the playground.

I looked over to Taemin and laughed.

He was being crowded over by girls, and some kid even pulled his hair because she was jealous.

And he got kicked on the knee by some boy because the girl he liked likes Taemin. 

I got specially attached to Kyu Hoon. He was really nice, and very cute,too. I really liked playing with him because he has that "aura" of challenge and determination to win. But, he plays fair. So, I got really attached to him.

I don't know why, but I told the caretaker if I could be with Kyu Hoon for the rest of the day. She told me it was okay, but I have to get him back by 9pm. I agreed, and went off to play with Kyu Hoon.

Taemin and I played with Kyu Hoon together. Well, playing tea parties and such isn't his thing, so he came to play with Kyu Hoon. Sometimes, he'd go over the line and really, like, somehow hurt Kyu Hoon in order to win the game. I'd hug Kyu Hoon and would comfort him.

It was almost 8pm, and we had to go really soon. I told Taemin if we could go to the park just to spend time with kyu Hoon. He agreed. Then, we distributed the clothes and toys.

Then, we danced to the "Three bears" song and told them to sing along with us.

------------------------------------------------

"Kyu Hoon, are you sleepy?" I asked sweetly. I saw Kyu Hoon rub his eyes and nodded.

I carried him in my arms and carressed his head. I hummed and soon, he was asleep. Taemin was walking beside me, and was quiet. He could do nothing but fight with Kyu Hoon in games.

We both sat down on a bench in the park. It was already 8:30pm, and we're going to leave Kyu Hoon soon. I patted Kyu Hoon's back gently. I loved the feeling of having Kyu Hoon in my arms. 

I saw Taemin looking at me. I met his eyes, and he sighed.

"Kyung Mi, I'm sorry for what happened yesterday," He muttered as he looked down. I looked at him, surprised. I was already forgetting what happened and he just... UGH.

I calmed myself down. I was with Kyu Hoon. "Taemin, just shut up. If you say sorry once more, I'll reason out with you and you'll just defend your noona. You won't like that."

He was now the one surprised. "Kyung Mi, I'm sorry." He said once more.

I glared at him. "So, you want me to reason out, huh? Well, your noona shoved that spoon of sherbet in my mouth and told me that she was taking money out from you. Don't believe me? Then don't. I thought you knew me. You used to know if I lied or not. Now, you don't." I breathed slowly after I spoke all those words in a fast motion. My heart was beating so fast because of anger. I tried to let it slow down because Kyu Hoon was on my chest.

Taemin just sighed with longing eyes. "I know, Kyung Mi. I knew it now, and I can't believe that I'm really stupid for believing her. Right after what you said, Manager hyung contacted me and told me that a lot of money got lost from my bank account. I told him I never withdrew it, and my parents didn't withdraw money from it, either. I confronted Yooji noona and she confessed it. I broke up with her right after that."

He looked so lost and tired of everything. I put Kyu Hoon on my lap. His body was lying on the bench, while his head was leaning on my lap. Now that my arms are free, I hugged Taemin tightly. Even though my heart was beating really fast, I think Taemin needed a hug the most.

When I let him go, he gave me a confused look.

"Why did you hug me?"

I shrugged. "I don't know."

He looked into my eyes for a moment then smiled. "Thanks a lot."

"Huh?" It was now my turn to ask.

"You comforted me."

''Of course. You loved that noona too much, you know? Your eyes were like that when we were still together and-" I cut myself off when I realized what I was saying.

I put my hands on Kyu Hoon's head. "Sorry. I didn't mean it that way."

Taemin shrugged and leaned both of his arms to the bench. "I was wondering... What if we were still married til now?"

I looked at him, puzzled. "What do you...mean?" I chuckled. "Dude, don't you realize that we're 'married'? We're in WGM. Get real."

"No, I mean, true marriage. The one we had before. What if we actually didn't have a divorce?" Taemin said as he looked up to the sky. Good thing the WGM staff didn't follow us here. They were busy editing, so they let us out in the park til 9.

I kept silent. It made me wonder, too. But, it was weird of him to ask.

I opened my mouth to speak. "Well,I guess we'd break up later anyways."

He looked at me, then sighed. He smiled to himself. "Yeah, I guess we're really going to have to break up." He stood up. "Let's be friends from now on."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Friends? It doesn't make any sense. We're only a married couple in WGM. We're not acquainted with each other or whatsoever." 

He frowned at me. "Alright."

Well, it was really weird. It was awkward. Imagine your ex-husband asking you that...

I admit that I was nervous when he waited for my reply. I didn't know what was going on in Taemin's Kakatoo brain.

Oh well.

I shrugged to myself as I carried Kyu Hoon back to the orphanage. After that, we went back to our own homes. Not the WGM home.

------------------------------

I opened the lights as I entered my dorm.

UGH. It was really such a long day.

I was so tired.

I sat on my couch when I noticed something lying on the couch. I looked beside me and saw Taemin's shirt.

Oops. I haven't even washed it yet.

It was the shirt he lent me yesterday. It was the shirt he lent me because I embarrassingly drooled on my shirt when I was asleep.

I shuddered. My face must've scared him.

I felt my phone vibrate inside my pockets. 

"Yeobusaeyo?"

"Mm. Kyung Mi-ssi."

"Ah, yeah, YG-ssi. Why did you call?"

"Five artists from SM Entertainment will stay in your dorm for a month. I've volunteered your dorm since you're alone and I think you needed some friends,too."

Room mates? No way. I was so excited! I'm finally gonna have someone to stay here!'

"Really?"

"Yep. They're probably there by a minute or so. Their dorm burnt down, so they're forced to go. And, Lee Soo Man told me that they also needed to learn about other entertainment companies to raise their professionalism."

"Alright! Thanks, YG-ssi!" I said as I ended the phone call. Then, somebody knocked on my door.

Could it be...?

I opened the door and was shocked to see five pretty girls standing in front of my door.

"You're Cho Kyung Mi-ssi, right?"