Chapter 18- The Opportunity We Just Missed (Pt. 2)

Married...and Married AGAIN?!

Kyung Mi's POV

"Taemin! Stop hugging me! This feels so ridiculous!" I shouted at him as he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me towards his body.

He has been hugging me for an hour already.

AND HE NEVER GETS TIRED OF IT.

I told him to sleep earlier, but he wouldn't budge. He would just wrap his arms around me and hug me like I was a snake.

I SWEAR I'M GOING TO BE SQUEEZED INTO A PULP IF THIS GOES ON FOR ANOTHER HOUR.

I pushed him away violently as I stood up from the bed. Taemin groaned and tried to reach for me, but he was too weak.

I stuck my tongue out at him as I got my phone. It was just in time that it rang.

"Yeobusaeyo?"

"Kyung Mi-ah! This is Junsu! I need you to go to ChungDam Hospital right now!"

'Why? What happened?"

"It's a hit-and-run case. Wooyoung got badly injured. We couldn't get the car's plate number."

I widened my eyes in shock. I also covered my mouth to prevent me from gasping any louder.

Taemin looked at me sternly, but he stayed silent.

I didn't know what to do. I just couldn't leave Taemin alone here.

"Kyung Mi! Hurry!"

The phone call ended, with me clutching my phone tightly. I looked at Taemin, then looked at my phone.

Oh no. What am I going to do?

"Sulli..." Taemin left off, his back facing me. "Will you go to someone whom you love, or someone who loves you?"

I was shocked at what he said, but I couldn't really assemble the clue in that question.

I stared at the clock. It was ticking violently.

Time was passing.

I don't know who I'd be with.

My heart was throbbing for Taemin. I wanted to stay and look out for him, but it was washed with worry and concern for Wooyoung.

And, Wooyoung's my boyfriend.

I'm supposed to be there for him.

I laid the medicines and a glass of water on the table beside my bed, and got another face towel and put it on his forehead. Taemin was asleep now.

I looked at him with worry, before standing up again.

"I'm sorry, Taemin." I bent down and whispered to his ear before leaving him inside my dorm.

 

Author's POV

Taemin opened his eyes. It was a bit watery, but he wiped it away. He slowly reached for his phone inside the drawer and called his Key hyung.

"Yeobusaeyo?" The diva said as the noise around him slowly got worse.

"Hyung. Come here. I need you right now."

Key, hearing this, was immediately immersed in worry. "What happened?"

"Kyung Mi chose him over me."

 

 

Kyung Mi's POV

 

I rushed inside the hospital and asked for Wooyoung in the Nurses' Ward. They told me that he was in the Emergency Room. I had to wait, so I sat on the bench near the ER.

I felt a light tap on my shoulder. 

"Kyung Mi. I'm glad you came." Nichkhun oppa smiled, but it was one sad smile. "I didn't know this would happen to Wooyoung. He was going home from filming then-"

"Kyung Mi! I'm so sorry!" IU came and suddenly held my hands. She had tears in her eyes. "Wooyoung and I were going to get take-outs for dinner but then...he...he...I'm so sorry! I didn't take care of him well!"

I patted IU's head. "Don't worry. It's okay. It's not your fault.''

IU continued on crying while the other members took her out to comfort her. Nichkhun oppa was the only one left with me.

"I hope he's fine." He muttered to himself as he slapped his forehead with his palm.

"I hope he really is."

 

------------------------

Author's POV

Key arrived in front of Kyung Mi and F(x)'s dorm. He rang the doorbell five times, and a slow twitch of the doorknob was heard. The door had opened to reveal a very weak and sad Taemin.

Of course he knew what was wrong.

Key was the eomma. He had the sharpest senses when it comes to s. He knew whether they were worried about something, or just plainly in a bad mood. 

"Kyung Mi?" He said as he helped Taemin get to the couch. Taemin stared at him, surprised.

'You knew what was going on, Hyung?"

"So, you just realized that you still love Kyung Mi, huh?"

Taemin stopped for a moment before saying something. "I... did."

Key hugged his 'son' and ruffled his hair. "What's the problem?"

Taemin bit his lip.

His eyes were showing that promise-me-you-won't tell anyone look. Key, of course, nodded and listened.

"I'm kinda sick today, and Kyung Mi took care of me. I was just lying about her being Sulli, so that it wouldn't be so uncomfortable talking to her."

"So, you and Sulli are on now?"

Taemin frowned. He knew what he just said before he passed out.

Sulli was his girlfriend now. And, it still hasn't been 10 hours since they were officially on. 

Key frowned with him. "Continue."

"She was talking on the phone, and I could clearly hear what that guy was saying. Wooyoung got into a car accident. Then, I made her choose. Still, she chose Wooyoung over me." Taemin sighed and slumped his head on Key's shoulder. Key patted his back.

"Hyung, I know it was selfish of me to want her to choose me. I'm just so selfish, but hyung, it hurts. I was about to confess to her once again earlier."

Key now had a bright sketch of what was going on. Taemin was being hurt because he was stupid before.

These two are really stupid, Key groaned mentally.

Key wanted to tell him to get Kyung Mi back, because he knew that Taemin loved her so much. But, now that Sulli was in the picture, it was getting harder.

Key couldn't advice anything to his son. It hurts him seeing his poor dongsaeng like that, but he also knew that Taemin had to make the decision himself.

Key could only offer a listening service now. The decision was up to Taemin. Whatever he does is his choice.

My son is growing up.

 

Kyung Mi's POV

"Kyung Mi...?"

I heard that very familiar voice and instantly opened my eyes. I looked up and saw Wooyoung staring at me. He was scratching his head a bit.

I was holding his right hand tightly inside my hands. I was so happy that he woke up.

I kissed his hand. "Wooyoung, you're finally awake!"

He chuckled. "Did you wait long?"

"Of course. You made me worry too much."

"I'm sorry," Wooyoung patted my head. "I'm fine now. No need to worry."

I sighed to myself and kissed his cheek. "Never are you going to make me worry again."

He smiled. "Of course."

 

Author's POV

As the two lovebirds spent time with each other inside that small hospital room, a figure who was wearing a sushi costume was peaking on the window.

The sushi had a plastic on her right hand full of fruits and drinks.

Seeing teh couple, the sushi retreated and walked slowly towards the exit.

"He has someone to take care of him. I don't see the need for me to do this and worry." It muttered to itself as it removed its head, letting the fresh air touch its face.