Chapter 16- Understanding What?

Married...and Married AGAIN?!

Kyung Mi's POV

I opened my eyes, only to find that I was lying comfortably on my bed.

I shot up quickly, looking around me. Everything was pretty normal. I was in my bed, I was clutching my blanket tightly, and...

THERE WAS A BODY BESIDE ME.

And, I WAS STILL WEARING MY DRESS FROM THE PARTY LAST NIGHT. 

I removed the blanket around the body beside me. I widened my eyes in shock as I saw Wooyoung sleeping soundly, clutching a pillow.

AND, HE ONLY HAD A LOOSE SLEEVELESS SHIRT ON. Well, ehem, of course with his pants on.

I collapsed beside Wooyoung. UGH. I have a terrible headache. 

I am pretty sure that I drank orange juice last night. 

But, why was I having this headache? UGH. It's just so painful.

I groaned and held my head in pain. Little did I know that Wooyoung was already awake. I was surprised when he kissed my cheek.

I pushed his lips away from me. "Ugh. Get away from me, you kissing monster."

He frowned at me. "Since when did I become a kissing monster?"

"Since High School. You know that very well." I glared at him and massaged my temples.

Gosh, this is so irritating.

"You're probably having a hangover," Wooyoung whispered in my ear as he sat up and turned to look at me. "You made me so worried last night! Krystal called and told me you were lost, then I found you drinking beer with Taemin!''

I looked at him, confused. "I was drinking... beer?"

"Yes, you idiot! Minho told me that you got some orange substance and went off to the soundproof room." He pushed my forehead with his finger. "Sheeeesh. You make me worry too much."

So, I was drinking with Taemin?

I was having nightmares all night, with Taemin saying the reason why he was with the noona on our 3rd monthsary and we were blabbing about stupid stuff like looking out for each other, etc.

Could it possibly be...the truth?

Nah. I don't think so. Lee Taemin's the superior guy that I know. He wouldn't just prepare something for our 3rd monthsary.

Or, am I just affected by his new and improved personality now?

UGH. I hate thinking.

"Wooyoung... how did you end up here? IN MY BED?'' I shouted at him. He flinched. He got scared at my tone of voice.

"Chill. I didn't do anything. I was too tired to even go to our dorm so I just texted hyung and slept here."

I believe him. If I wasn't wearing my dress from last night now, then I would've ultimately slapped Wooyoung on the face.

"Dress up, Wooyoung. Can't you realize that your girlfriend over here is looking at you?"

He smirked. 'Well? Are you bothered by it?" He leaned to me, making our faces a bit closer. Our lips were only inches apart.

He gave me a quick peck before frowning. "When you and Taemin were married, Taemin used to walk around the house wearing only these kinds of shirts. Why are you bothered now?" He got off the bed and got his button-up shirt. He slung it over his arm, and tada. He was perfectly dressed.

"Ah... wait..." I tried to stand up, but failed. I attempted again, and now I was standing upright. "I'll walk you home."

He chuckled. ''Don't. You still got a hangover."

I punched him on the stomach. "Try stopping me again."

He groaned in pain. "Ugh... Kyung Mi, you're a girl. Soften up a bit. Go rinse your mouth first. You smell like beer."

"And, I better get dressed. Wait outside." I said grumpily as I headed for the bathroom. I vomitted everything, and washed up. I was ready in 10 minutes.

"Let's go." I invited as I tried to walk properly. Wooyoung laughed and told me to lean onto him for support.

---------------------------

"Where's Nichkhun hyung?" Wooyoung asked Junsu oppa. He smirked.

"Well, he's off to have a date with Victoria, thanks to this little one over here."

Wooyoung looked at me, bewildered. I shrugged at him. "Can't help it. They like each other, should I stop them?"

Instead of Wooyoung shouting at me for setting up his hyung, he hugged me. "Thanks a lot, Kyung Mi! You don't know how much Nichkhun hyung has waited for this opportunity!"

I smirked. "I'm the best matchmaker ever, aren't I?"

"No, you aren't. You're the best girlfriend ever."

"Shut up," I playfully punched Wooyoung's shoulder. Wooyoung let me go, and Junho oppa asked me if I wanted to play Twister with them. I gladly took the offer.

Little did I know that I had to break my bones just for this game.

I wasn't feeling good, yet my body's getting literally TWISTED in this game.

------------------------

I just got invited by Key oppa to lunch. I couldn't refuse, because he had that look in his eyes.

THE UMMA MODE EYES.

He found me accidentally shopping for sneakers, and he ended up shopping tons of dresses and skirts for me. 

And, now, he wants me for lunch.

WAIT. That sounded wrong. I mean, He wanted to have lunch with me.

Who knew Key oppa could be this scary?

I sat down beside Key oppa as Onew oppa ordered the food. Oh, we ate the usual thing- Chicken. They said that Onew oppa really loves Chicken, so sometimes, they get stuck with him and ends up eating Chicken.

Of course, Taemin was here. He was pretty moody, and he was ignoring me.

Minho oppa brought his PSP, so he was busy playing. 

And, Jonghyun oppa? Let's just say he's sleeping... with his eyes OPEN.

I looked at Key oppa, who was the only normal living person in this table.

Key oppa glanced from me to Taemin, and back at me again. 

"So," Key oppa sipped a bit from his drink. "Taemin-ah, why were you so drunk last night?"

I swallowed my saliva. Oh. My. Gosh. So, Taemin was drunk that night, too?

"I don't know. I picked up the wrong juice." Taemin said irritatedly. But, the look in his eyes told me that he was very surprised with the sudden question.

"Mm." Key oppa sipped again. "Minho told me that you were with Kyung Mi. Is it true?"

I almost spat out my saliva as he said that. Taemin began choking for no reason.

"I have no idea." We both said and looked at each other. Taemin glared at me, and looked away.

WHUUUUUT? I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG.

Key oppa's eyes perked up. "So, what did you two talk about?"

"I don't remember. I got a bad hangover this morning." I lied.  Everything was so clear to me. All that I've been dreaming last night wasn't a dream. It was real. I got drunk with Lee Taemin, and everything that we said was really true.

I looked at Taemin nervously.

Oh no no no.

But, somehow, it made me curious. Was it all true?

"Hmm... I wonder if everything you two talked about was true.. hmm..." Key oppa said loudly, trying to make it sound as if he was thinking. Taemin got up from his seat.

"I need some fresh air. If you'll excuse me, hyung..." He immediately stormed out of the store.

I stood up and chased after him. We passed by a lot of shops, by Taemin didn't seem to care. I was running so fast when I suddenly bumped onto his back.

"Why the hell are you following me?!" He said, almost screaming those words. I was surprised and shocked. Was he really this touchy about the subject...?

"I just w-wanted to know if... If what you said last night was all true."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Taemin, I think you were bothered by what happened last night but-"

"The hell. Why don't you just shut up?!" He shouted at me. 'What if everything was true? Could you bring back everything that we used to have?!" 

I was at the pits of screaming at him, but I held myself back. I was too stunned and scared of him to even bother talking.

He sighed. "Listen here. Yes, everything I said was true. But, it doesn't mean anything special. I don't care what stuff you do with your life. You have your own life now, and I have mine. You're enjoying yours, I'm enjoying mine. I'm having so much stress because I'm meddling too much with you. You're just someone from the past to me now." He took a step backward.

"I don't want to ever involve you in my life again, " He muttered to me as he removed his jacket and tossed it over my head. I couldn't move. I was frozen in my position. He walked off to somewhere, and disappeared.

It started to rain, but I didn't care. I did not dare move.

Everything happened so fast. His words went to my brain so fast that I don't know what to think anymore.

I felt tears streaming down my face. My eyes felt hot. Too hot.

I wasn't sobbing. I looked like I cried because I got scared. No sobbing at all.

This somehow felt like I was stabbed by knife without me knowing so I die with my eyes wide open.

Someone hung his arm around me and put the umbrella above our heads.

"Let's go back," Key oppa's voice whispered as we slowly walked back to the restaurant.

 

Taemin's POV

"Listen here. Yes, everything I said was true. But, it doesn't mean anything special. I don't care what stuff you do with your life. You have your own life now, and I have mine. You're enjoying yours, I'm enjoying mine. I'm having so much stress because I'm meddling too much with you. You're just someone from the past to me now."

I held my breath as I took a step backward.

Yes, I said words that I actually didn't mean.

Well, somehow, there was truth in those words.

There is, right?

I looked up. The sky was so dark. It would rain soon.

"I don't want to ever involve you in my life again," I muttered as I walked. The raindrops started to fall, and I was only wearing a shirt. But, I didn't care.

I never cared.

I went to the park where the trees could be used as a shade. But, it didn't do me any good. The leaves where also wet, so the rain fell on my head.

I was already so wet. I was dripping wet.

My t-shirt was almost see-through. My hair was so damp.

But, who the hell cares.

I covered my face with my hands. I didn't know what to do.

This were one of the times that I wanted to stay dumbfounded.

I knew the truth. After one single misunderstanding, we broke up.

I guess we weren't really made for each other. 

Well, I regretted it. I regretted judging her so fast. We could've talked it out.

She filed divorce quickly. I couldn't bring myself to sign the paper, but my dad was happy about it and forced me to sign.

I knew what I did was for the best. I thought she loved another guy, thta's why she wanted divorce. 

I wanted her to be happy back then, even though I'll just be someone who'll be watching from the bleachers about how beautiful she is.

I'll be back to that guy that admired Cho Kyung Mi so much.

But, things changed. It's already the present.

I, myself, felt that I lost all the hope to bring back what happened before.

I didn't pass out last night. I knew that Wooyoung and Krystal were watching, so I had to do that. I had thought things over.

What happened in the past had already happened. We can't reverse it.

I let out a shout before covering my face again with my hands. It started raining so hard. The touch of water on my back made me shiver violently.

I guess, even if we didn't divorce back then, I'm sure we'll be having divorce someday.

I let her go too easily. She doesn't deserve this kind of guy. 

She deserved someone like Wooyoung. Someone who'll never leave her side.

Someone she'll be happy with.

But, what's with all this sappy talk?

Oh, I know.

No matter how many times I tried to deny, no matter how many times I curse this feeling...

It'll always come back.

I realized that I really love Kyung Mi.

 

Kyung Mi's POV

I was crying so hard that even the hyungs were alarmed. I saw how Key oppa shot them a glare to prevent them from asking what had happened.

People begun to stare at us. Good thing we were in disguises.

"Ya, Kyung Mi. Eat your chicken." Onew oppa said with a strict tone. I nodded carefully and ate the chicken.

What's with me? Why am I crying over Lee Taemin?

Ugh. This totally .

I wiped my tears, and smiled to myself. DUH. I am over Lee Taemin. Three years had done enough.

I ate the chicken happily, and everyone's eyes grew wide at the unexpected change.

Key oppa eyed me. 'We are so going to have to talk. Later."

"Yeah, yeah. Arasso, arasso." I mocked Key oppa as I bit my chicken.

Oh, delicious chicken...

No, I wasn't that obsessed as Onew oppa.

------------

"I saw everything," Key oppa whispered. We were inside SHINee's van, and we were sitting by ourselves at the back. The three were busy jamming to Kesha.

"He's lying. I know that look in his eyes."

I shook my head. "Of course not. Taemin meant it."

"How are you so sure?"

"Remember? We're not supposed to be anything but virtual lovers inside WGM. Nothing else. We can interact, but it can only go to the level of having interaction between co-stars."

He glared at me. 'You speak like you're some pro in this showbiz business."

"I spent a lot of time looking at Kyuhyun oppa's script." I smiled innocently. 

"Tch. Shut it. You're just pretending. I know what you're feeling, Kyung Mi. You're just restricting yourself. I feel that Taemin's also doing so, too." He sighed angrily. "You'll realize soon enough that you're still in love with him. Confess before it's too late."

I widened my eyes in shock. "You knew that we were married before?"

He rolled his eyes. "Please. There's nothing Taemin can't tell us."

"I can't love him," I said to Key oppa. "I don't want to commit the same mistake ever again."

'What mistake? The mistake of marrying a person you love? Where's the mistake in that?"

"No, oppa. It's the mistake of not being able to trust the person you love." I whispered to him as I made my way out of the van. Key oppa just realized that I was already in front of our dorm.

'See ya, oppas!" I waved and went inside my dorm.

"Hel-" I was cut off by the scene I was just witnessing.

"Sulli, I'll accept you." That voice... it was obvious that it was Taemin. I looked up, and saw Taemin standing in front of Sulli. Sulli threw her arms around Taemin's neck.

"I thought you'd never notice me, oppa." She said as she kissed his cheek. He was really reddish.

"Sulli, I-'' He was cut off because he passed out. He was dripping wet.

"Oppa!" Sulli screamed. I went beside her and carried Taemin to my room. "Sulli! Get some hot water!" 

Sulli did was she was told. I removed Taemin's shirt and put on the shirt he let me borrow. It was a bit small on him, but comfortable enough to move around with.

His pants weren't that wet, so I let it stay that way.

I wiped every bit of Taemin's body because he was so wet.

Sulli came in, and I told her to put the piece of cloth that she put inside the hot water on Taemin's forehead. She did as she was told.

"Kyung Mi..." She smiled. 'I'm so happy. He accepted me. I'm his girlfriend now." She looked at her watch. "Kyung Mi, look after him for a while, okay? I've got my schedule til 12am today. I can trust you, right?"

"Of.. of course." I said lightly. Sulli thanked me and went outside our dorm.

Now, I was stuck with Lee Taemin.

I jerked when two arms grabbed me tightly and hugged me.

'Don't leave me, please." It was Taemin. His eyes were closed, but he was hugging me. He dragged me to the bed earlier.

 UGH. 

Now how do I deal with this situation...?

My heart was beating so quickly.

Aaaaiiiiissshhh.

-----------------------------------------------------

Sorry, guys. I can't update til May 5th. I've got a school program to attend to. I'm sorry. T^T.

But, I hope you like their progress so far. If you think the story's going too fast, then I'll make it kinda slow for you. XD