Eight

Chocolate

 

Kyungsoo opened the door and found a sad looking Chanyeol, with tears endlessly streaming down his face and his belongings in his hands. He welcomed him in immediately and helped him grab his bags.

 

“I’m guessing it didn’t go very well?” Kyungsoo finally asked after a long moment of silence.

 

“Hah,” Chanyeol laughed bitterly, “I went over to her house to break up with her and instead I found her in bed with my roommate, again. And then she had the nerve to lie to my face, saying how she loves me and how much she needs me. I can’t believe her…”

 

Kyungsoo looked at Chanyeol with sympathetic eyes. He knew what it felt like to be cheated on. He knew the feeling of walking in on the person you love and trust with all your heart in bed with someone else. It felt terrible, so terrible that no word in the encyclopedia could ever describe.

 

“I really want to forget everything…I just wish that all the pain would end…” Chanyeol said.

 

“I know how you feel,” Kyungsoo laid a comforting hand on Chanyeol’s back, “It feels so bad. You feel so betrayed and lied to. All you want to do is disappear…”

 

“Exactly…that’s all that I want to do right now, disappear from all the troubles.”

 

“But suicide is never the answer. It gets better, I promise. All you have to do is just move on…and forget. It’s not mainly about forgiveness but more of…letting go. You just have to accept the fact that people aren’t always who they seem to be.” Kyungsoo said, replaying bitter memories from his past in his mind.

 

“You sound like you’ve been through it all. You should totally go and be a motivational speaker.” Chanyeol joked.

 

Kyungsoo smiled and said, “Maybe one day I will…but in the mean time, I would like to make you some of my trademark delicious hot chocolate! It makes me feel better all the time!”

 

“I can’t wait to try it.”

 

“You can go unload your stuff in my room; it’s the door on the left. I can sleep on the couch tonight. You need to get as much sleep as possible!” Kyungsoo exclaimed, his inner motherly side clearly showing.

 

Chanyeol nodded and went to Kyungsoo’s room.

 

Kyungsoo smiled to himself and headed to his kitchen. He put the kettle to boil and got out two mugs. His thoughts drifted off to Chanyeol. His smile lingered in his mind. He looked so vulnerable when he’s crying. He was like a young child.

 

Aside from that crazy, wild hair of Chanyeol’s, his eyes were big and bright and his smile was probably one of the brightest that Kyungsoo has ever seen in his life. “He’s actually kinda attractive…” Kyungsoo thought to himself.

 

“Wait. What am I even thinking about? That guy is totally straight. He had a girlfriend!” he facepalmed himself.

 

“But…what if he’s bi? What if he turns gay for you?” Kyungsoo’s inner conscience suddenly said to him.

 

“What? That’s not possible. I’m not even attractive to start with! How am I supposed to turn straight guys gay?” he questioned in his mind.

 

“You never know. A relationship between two people is not based on looks. If they truly love each other, they can see past the physical appearances.”

 

“Hm…you’re actually making sense…thank you, mind.”

 

“You’re welcome, Kyungsoo. And who knows? Maybe you’ll even get him in bed with you tonight.” His mind said to him in a dirty tone.

 

“Ew! What the hell!” Kyungsoo screamed and spilled some hot water on himself. He mumbled a swear word and cursed his own mind for thinking dirty thoughts.

 

“I’m just saying, Kyungsoo. Anything is possible.”

 

“Chanyeol and I are just friends, okay, mind? As much I would like to maybe date him, I can’t, because he does not like men and I am a man.” Kyungsoo said in his mind. He was basically having an argument with his mind and he found it ridiculous.

 

“Are you sure you’re a man?”

 

“Shut up.”

 

“I will never shut up. I’m your mind, for crying out loud! One does not simply shut their mind up! Oh! I have an idea. You should totes bring Chanyeol as your hot date to that New Years’ Eve party at Luhan’s place! You guys could were matching outfits and oh my god, you two would look so cute!”

 

Kyungsoo sighed and smacked himself on the head for thinking that. Sometimes, he pondered at the fact that maybe his brain is more suited for a teenage girl.

 

Chanyeol stumbled in the room and sat down on one of the stool counters.

 

“Here you go!” Kyungsoo handed him a mug of piping hot, hot chocolate.

 

“Thanks, it smells great.” Chanyeol smiled in return.

 

Kyungsoo smiled at the compliment and sipped his own mug. His mind reminded him once again about asking Chanyeol out to that party. He sighed inwardly and looked at Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol was inspecting the whipped cream on the mug of hot chocolate as if it had just committed some sort of severe crime. He sniffed the delicious smelling concoction and took a big gulp of it.

 

“Chanyeol, I have something to ask you…” Kyungsoo said awkwardly.

 

“What is it?” he asked.

 

“So, erm…I have this friend called Sehun and he has this boyfriend called Luhan and…erm…I don’t really know how to say this but…do you know New Years’ Eve is coming up?”

 

Chanyeol chuckled at Kyungsoo’s awkwardness and thought, “Finally! Someone is finally more awkward than I am!”

 

“Yeah, I think I’ve heard of New Years’ Eve before.” Chanyeol teased.

 

Kyungsoo blushed and looked back at his hands once again. He was too nervous to look Chanyeol in the eye.

 

“So, as I was saying, my friend Sehun and his erm…boyfriend Luhan…well, actually it’s Luhan’s party…at Luhan’s place…and Sehun invited me to go to the party but the problem is erm…um…he asked me to bring a um…what do I say…erm…date with me…”

 

Kyungsoo cleared his throat awkwardly and continued, “Erm…yeah, so, would you like to go to the New Years’ Eve party with me? Like…as my date, I mean.”

 

Chanyeol remained silent and stared at Kyungsoo who had shut his eyes tightly and was bracing himself for rejection. Chanyeol started laughing at him because he looked so hilarious.

 

“Oh , he doesn’t want me! Why is he laughing? What the hell! Can’t he be more understanding and reject me gently? He’s in my apartment, oh my god. Stupid , I can’t believe I listened to you, mind. I’m pretty sure he hates me and he’s totally going to reject me and embarrass me on national television! I am so s-“

 

“I’ll go with you.” Chanyeol suddenly said, interrupting Kyungsoo’s rapid thoughts.

 

“What??”

 

“I said, I’ll go with you.”

 

“Oh…” Kyungsoo said slowly, “Oh!” he said once again, realizing what he had just heard, “This is perfect! We should totally wear matching outfits and look cute and everything!” he squealed.

 

Chanyeol widened his eyes and looked at Kyungsoo questioningly. Realizing what he had just said, Kyungsoo covered his mouth in shock and knocked his head on the kitchen counter.

 

“Ugh, I’m so stupid! Please don’t hate me, Chanyeol!”

 

“What? Why would I hate you? I think you’re probably the best friend I’ve ever had and I’ve only known you for like…less than 24 hours?” Chanyeol said enthusiastically.

 

Kyungsoo felt the red instantly flaming up his cheeks. He bit his lip and smiled shyly at Chanyeol.

 

They spent the rest of the early morning chatting and drinking hot chocolate, like a couple madly in love.

 


 

Author's note : Hi everyone! I finally had time to update ^_^ sorry for lack of updates, I didn't have a laptop to use and it's too hard (for me) to update with my ipad >_< 

 

School just started for me today and I'm officially in Year 11! Since school is starting, I don't think I will be able to update very much, unfortunately. I got my timetable and I have 16 freaking periods on Mondays and Tuesdays. My afternoon schedule for other days is empty...for now...but I think it's also gonna be filled up soon :< so that means, school from 7:30am-4:30pm every day :(

 

And let's not forget! I have extra classes, too so that I means I have to go to school six days a week D: I also have Malay tuition on Tuesday and Wednesday nights and piano lessons on Fridays. ANYWAY, THANK YOU ALL FOR READING AND SUBSCRIBING, I LOVE YOU ALL! :D :D PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!! I NEED MOTIVATION!! 

 

bye bye xoxo (this is probably the longest author note that I have ever written)