Twenty-five

Chocolate

Two more weeks passed by and Jongin was finally discharged for the hospital and ready to go home. Jongin was not exactly one hundred percent happy about going back home to live with Chanyeol. Chanyeol felt the same way, too. Ever since the doctor told Jongin about his failed suicide attempt, their relationship as friends was starting to get strained and day by day, Jongin would try to dig up information on what possible reason why he would have wanted to kill himself but Chanyeol never told.

 

Chanyeol went to the hospital to pick Jongin up and bring him back home. He had a felt a nervous feeling growing in his stomach and he felt as if he was going to vomit any moment. He felt scared. What if Jongin just suddenly... remembers? Chanyeol has spent most of his life watching movies and reading books so, it's safe to say that his imagination usually runs wild. 

 

He has read about certain cases where a person gets amnesia but then when they are brought back to a familiar place, memories would just come flowing back to them. What if that happened to Jongin and he would become depressed once more and try to kill himself again? Chanyeol weighed out the possibilities in his head. He had no interest in telling Kyungsoo about Jongin's condition what-so-ever.

 

"Jongin... oh, Jongin..." Chanyeol sighed out loud.

 

Chanyeol could feel that their friendship during the past few days is spiralling downwards. He blamed himself for it. He should have just told Jongin everything by himself, at least that would have hurt less. The sadness in his eyes shone through and everyone around him could sense his depressed vibes. He received meek smiles from strangers on the streets and comforting pats on the back from friends. He felt that nothing could ever be the same again between the two of them. He felt that it would be better if Jongin hung out with different people and not people like himself.

 

He still, could not get over it. He felt like it was all his fault because he had helped Jongin with all his Kyungsoo problems and he actually encouraged them to have a relationship so bad. He never expected something this terrible would occur and change their lives so drastically. Chanyeol face palmed himself hard, trying to get out all the negative thoughts. He plastered the best smile he could on his face and walked into Jongin's room.

 

"Hello," Chanyeol said cheerily. He could see that Jongin was already dressed up and ready to leave. He even fixed up his hair and was just casually checking himself out in the mirror.

 

"Hey there!" Jongin replied, "I already finished all my packing! Well... there wasn't much to pack anyway... Damn, it feels good to be back in normal people clothes. Hospital clothes made my skin itch. Do they even wash those things? I mean, can you imagine how many dead people probably already wore those gowns before I did? Sick!"

 

Chanyeol chuckled, Jongin seemed to be happy about going home so he felt happy, too. "I see, are you ready to go now? Or do you need permission from the doctor or something?" Chanyeol asked him.

 

"The doctor already wrote me some sort of paper. He said I should give it to the receptionist before we leave," Jongin replied, "He also advised me to take things slow... like take things one at a time..."

 

"Yeah..." Chanyeol said slowly, "I think you should do that... There's a lot of things that you might not remember so... yeah. The doctor told me that it would be normal if you get frustrated with things that you don't remember. I think I can handle you. You shouldn't worry yourself at all!"

 

"You're the best," Jongin said, giving Chanyeol a small little smile.

 

And the journey back home began there.