Twenty-two

Chocolate

"Oh my god, Kyungsoo! I'm so sorry!" Chanyeol apologized immediately after realizing what he just done. He looked at his own hands as if he had just murdered someone.

 

Kyungso wiped away some blood from his lip which instantly split from the violent contact of Chanyeol's fist. He gave Chanyeol a bewildered look and backed away from him. He turned his back onto Chanyeol and started to walk away from him. "NO! Kyungsoo! Stay, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean what I said. Please, don't leave. Jongin needs you... I need you... I need you to be my friend..." Chanyeol begged.

 

"Maybe you should've thought of that before punching me in the face!" Kyungsoo spat out angrily.

 

"I'm telling you. I'm sorry! It's just... that... a rush of emotions came over me and I didn't know how to control myself," Chanyeol broke down to the floor, crying even harder, "I'm so sorry, Kyungsoo. Please forgive me," he looked up at Kyungsoo's now foreign looking eyes. And that's when he realized that Kyungsoo had been crying, too. His eyes were a bit puffy and the whites of his eyes were red. His skin looked dry and stubbly and giant dark circle ringed his eyes.

 

"Do you think it's that easy for someone to forgive another person for punching them in the face?" Kyungsoo shouted, "That hurt like ! I can't believe you did it! Don't give me all that rush of emotion crap because everybody knows that's just an excuse to start up a fight. You're lucky I'm more civilized than you. I don't even wanna fight back."

 

"Please, Kyungsoo. Hear me out!" Chanyeol pleaded once again, tugging at Kyungsoo's sleeve.

 

"I already heard you out just now! You told me about Jongin. You blamed me," Kyungsoo saiid; obviously feeling hurts. "Do you have any idea how terrible I'm feeling like now? I might act like I don't give a single about Jongin but I actually do care about him a lot! It's just a ing mask. Why can't you see that?" Kyungsoo wiped away the tears which were leaking out of his doe eyes.

 

"The pang in my heart when you told me that Jongin was at the hospital," Kyungsoo sniffled, "I couldn't believe my ears. I couldn't believe that Jongin was so close to leaving us... leaving me. I know what I did was totally wrong and I should've just been with Jongin all the time but I couldn't. You know why? Because Jongin is that precious, I didn't think I was good enough for him enough though he would swoon over me everytime we met."

 

"I just thought that if I acted like I didn't care, he would just brush it off like any other fling or relationship that never worked out for him," Kyungsoo continued, "Guess I was wrong about that... really wrong..."

 

"You should have never left in the first place..." Chanyeol said quietly.

 

"Yes, I know that," Kyungsoo looked down at his feet, "But I think it might be the right time for me to leave, now. Jongin won't be needing me anymore. He will have to move on from me. I wouldn't want to hurt him any further."

 

"What do you mean? You can't just come here, tell me all of this and just leave like that! You have to stay for Jongin!" Chanyeol exclaimed.

 

"I know I have to, and I really want to. But that isn't the right thing for me to do," Kyungsoo said, "What if I stayed and he woke up. He would be so happy to have me there and everything but then, he would have to remember the reason he's lying in that hospital bed. The reason is me. He tried to kill himself for me, I can't go back to him. If I hurt him unintentionally in the future, what would he do?"

 

Chanyeol looked at Kyungsoo. He had no idea that Kyungsoo had thought about things so far.

 

"You didn't think about that, did you?" Kyungsoo let out a dry chuckle, "My point is, I won't be anywhere near any of you now. I won't be bothering you and I hope you won't bother me, too. Don't tell Jongin that I came around, that might get his hopes up high but then I won't ever show up again. Please, don't cry. You make me want to cry, too. This is already so hard for me."

 

"I'm sorry, Kyungsoo... but please ju-"

 

"Not buts, I'm leaving now. Good bye, Chanyeol. It was nice knowing you," Kyungsoo patted Chanyeol's back one and turned around then walked out the door. Chanyeol fell to the floor, once again. If Jongin woke up today, he was sure that Jongin would still definitely remember Kyungsoo but he won't know what to tell him.

 

Chanyeol sat on the ground; not caring about the people walking pass and the nurses staring at him. He wondered why Jongin had done what he done. He wondered why Kyungsoo had to come into Jongin's life. He wondered why everything had to happen the way it did. He wondered why everything didn't turn out perfect like everything you see on screen. 

 

He wanted everything to go back to the way it was before Jongin even met Kyungsoo. Everything would have been so much better although Jongin would have been playing with different girls' hearts but that is so much better than him lying lifelessly on a white hospital bed. Chanyeol thought about Jongin. About the way the acted before and after he met Kyungsoo.

 

Before Jongin and Kyungsoo met, Jongin would go home past midnight, reeking of alcohol and tobacco smoke. His hair and his whole outfit would have been messed up and he would be drunk as hell. He would always just pass out on the couch until the next morning. Not even morning, until the next afternoon. And then after that, he would head out to another date with another girl that he met at yet another bar or club. Yes, he was a manwhore.

 

But now... after he met Kyungsoo, all he did was stay home and think about him. All he did was fantasize and imagine all the moments that they would spend together. He spent the rest of his time searching up how to be a more attractive person on the internet. He went all out on self-improvement but Kyungsoo never seemed to notice. Jongin didn't give up that easily, though. He tried and tried and tried until Kyungsoo had enough. 

 

Chanyeol sighed. He wished Jongin knew the truth but, on the other hand, he wished Jongin would wake up and not remember anything so that Kyungsoo could come back and make everything better and make everyone live happily ever after. He wished Jongin would be alright. He wished he would have a fast recovery.

 

But wishes don't come true often, do they?