Three

Chocolate

 

Kyungsoo left the apartment building and took a cab home. He stepped into the bathroom and took a hot shower, cleaning off all the dirt and grime from last night’s escapade.

 

After showering, he treated himself to a giant mug of hot chocolate, hoping it would help relieve the pounding headache that he had. He took out his phone and dialed Sehun’s number. Sehun picked up after the second ring.

 

“Hey, Kyungie. Miss me already?” he said, in a sickening sweet voice.

 

“No, I don’t miss you. Not yet anyways. I’m just calling to ask you if you wanted to meet up for lunch. And this time, I’m picking the venue.”

 

“Aww, Kyungie is so mean. I’m gonna cry if you don’t admit that you miss me. ‘Cause I sure as hell miss you already.”

 

“Okay, fine. I miss you. Just get ready in like, thirty minutes. I’ll pick you up. Bye.”

 

Kyungsoo hung up immediately and shook his head. “He’s so childish. Why am I even planning to meet up with him again? Uh, I am so desperate.” He sighed aloud. He got himself together and dressed up for his lunch date with Sehun.

 

It didn’t take Kyungsoo very long to reach Sehun’s apartment. He went up and banged his fist against the door. “Sehun! Open up! It’s me, Kyungsoo!”

 

“I’m coming!” Kyungsoo heard him say. The door opened a few seconds later and revealed a half Sehun with his towel around his waist and his hair was wet.

 

Kyungsoo blinked at the sight in front of him. Never in his life had he seen someone with such a gorgeous body. He had already seen him earlier in the morning but Sehun looked even ier with water droplets on his body. Sehun seemed to notice Kyungsoo checking him out and he smirked to himself. “Are you gonna just stand there and stare at me or would you rather come in?”

 

Kyungsoo snapped out of his thoughts immediately and he could feel the colour rushing up his cheeks feverishly. He cleared his throat and entered the apartment. “If you want anything to drink, there’s some water in the fridge. I’m gonna go put on some clothes now.” Sehun said as he walked towards his room.

 

Kyungsoo walked over to the fridge and pulled on the handle. He instantly cringed when he saw what was inside. There were bottles and cans of unopened beer and some other alcoholic beverages. There was also some leftover Chinese takeout at the back of the fridge and half a frozen pizza, still in the box. He closed the refrigerator door and sighed.

 

He glanced at the rest of the kitchen. It was basically a mess. Packets of instant ramen were scattered everywhere and there were even some half eaten cup noodles on the counter. The sink was piled with dirty dishes and the dining table looked like it hasn’t been wiped for a century.

 

Kyungsoo couldn’t stand looking at the mess so, he started picking up the trash and throwing them in the bin. Aside from being a chocolate fanatic, Do Kyungsoo was also clinically diagnosed with OCD. He’s a complete neat freak and perfectionist. He looked around for rubber gloves so that he could start with the dishes but he didn’t find any.

 

Kyungsoo sighed once more and the tap and grabbed the sad looking yellow sponge and started scrubbing off dirt from the dishes. He was getting agitated from all the germs around him so he hummed a familiar tune to calm himself down.

 

“Erm…what do you think you’re doing?” Sehun’s voice interrupted Kyungsoo’s five-star humming skills. Kyungsoo turned around and saw Sehun with his arms folded and brow raised.

 

“I’m washing the dishes, if you can’t tell.”

 

Sehun scoffed and replied, “I can obviously see that but what I’m trying to ask is, why are you washing the dishes? I didn’t ask you to.”

 

“I’m just helping you clean up this…” Kyungsoo gestured at the counter where all the dirty dishes were at, “…mess.”

 

“I can do that later. I wanna go and eat now. Are you gonna bring me or…?”

 

Sehun walked out of the kitchen and went to put on his shoes. Kyungsoo quickly rinsed and wiped his hands clean and trotted out of the sad place where Oh Sehun calls his “kitchen”.

 

Kyungsoo took Sehun to a small Italian bistro nearby. They made their orders and made small talk.

 

“Sehun, can I ask you something…a little bit, serious? Don’t joke around about this topic, okay?” Kyungsoo suddenly asked.

 

“Sure.” Sehun said swiftly. He was already expecting the questions that Kyungsoo was going to ask.

 

“How are you? And I don’t mean how you’re feeling but your living situation…I know we’ve only met but, I need to know more about you before I can take this relationship to the next level.”

 

Sehun sighed and looked down at his hands as if they were the most interesting thing on the planet. “I’m basically broke. I’m pretty sure I’m going to be kicked out of the apartment soon. Remember I told you about me being fired? That was my fifth and best paying job but I totally screwed up.

 

I was basically a bad kid in high school and I dropped out in the second year. All I did was stay home, watch television and eat. I guess my mom got pretty sick of me so she kicked me out a year later. I got my first job at a small café and I managed to rent the apartment that I’m living in right now with some help from my friends.

 

I eventually got fired because this stupid customer pissed me off so I punched him. And, I got fired directly on the spot. I got my second job at a local mini mart. It was working out fine and no stupid customers pissed me off. The mini mart went bankrupt not long later and I was left unemployed.

 

Third job I got was at a restaurant as a bus boy but I kinda failed at that ‘cause I kept dropping plates everywhere and the manager was pretty angry at me. So, she did what any sane person would do, she fired me.

 

The fourth job was at another café. I have no idea why I got appointed as a barista. I hated that job. It took up so much energy and the pay wasn’t even much but I got fired anyway ‘cause I was too tardy.

 

And the last job was as a office assistant at this newspaper company. I actually don’t know why my boss fired me. I mean, I wasn’t bad at the job. I actually liked it. But then again, I got fired and my money is gonna run out soon.

 

I’d hate to ask you this but…can you help me, Kyungsoo?”