Twenty

Chocolate

"I think I'm gonna get depressed again..." Jongin sighed to himself as he looked into the mirror. As usual, Kyungsoo did not reply any of his messages or calls. 

 

Jongin was beyond confused. Just a while ago, Kyungsoo had agreed to go out with him and they had tons of fun but then now... He's being left out in the dark once again.

 

He leaned against the cold wall and closed his eyes. He could never be immune to this kind of pain. He turned his head to the right and saw one of his little escapes. 

 

The small but deadly blade was just there. Jongin extended his arm and reached out for it. It just felt so right at that moment. 

 

He applied a certain amount of pressure to his bare skin with the blade and gently dragged it down. Fresh blood seeped out of the new cut and it was rejuvenating to him. He looked at the scarlet red blood and sighed. If only Kyungsoo knew what it felt like to be him.

 

But just one was not enough. It certainly wasn't. Right next to the new scar that he created, he dragged the blade through his skin once again, this time with more force. 

 

"!" Jongin cursed. He might have cut it a little bit too deep. He dropped the blade from his hand and clutched his bleeding arm with it. 

 

Adrenaline rushed through his veins and his heart raced. He held on to his arm tightly because the pain was unbearable.

 

Jongin picked himself and the blade up and walked to the sink. He rinsed off all the blood on the blade and put it back to where it belonged. He then proceeded to wash off the blood on his arm. It wasn't very successful considering his arm was still bleeding.

 

He grabbed a towel from the cabinet and wrapped his arm around it. Then went out to the living room and watched some television like nothing just happened.

 

Jongin was not an amature at hurting himself. He has cut himself for several years and he knows exactly what to do. He didn't know why he got so carried away today though. These kind of things never happened to him.

 

He sighed and turned to his mobile phone once again. 0 messages, nothing strange about that.

 

His wounds itched under the towel and he resisted the urge to scratch. If he did, the cuts would get so much worse. And for some reason, the thought of it didn't really bother him that day.

 

On the other side of town, Chanyeol ran his fingers through his coarse hair as he walked along the aisles of the shop. He planned to go out to get Jongin something that he would like but so far he had nothing.

 

Chanyeol somehow ended up at the supermarket, looking at cat food. He thought about buying a cat for Jongin to cheer him up but then again, that was a little bit too much.

 

And just like in any other cliche movie, Kyungsoo was at the same supermarket at the same aisle. Chanyeol in his courage and marched towards him, ready to blow his head off with nagging.

 

"Kyungsoo," he said firmly.

 

Kyungsoo turned his head around and looked at Chanyeol. "Nice to see you too, Chanyeol."

 

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Chanyeol asked straight up.

 

Kyungsoo shrugged, looking smug. "I'm just trying to buy some cat food. My neighbor's busy so I'm helping her out."

 

"You know what I'm talking about. Don't play dumb," Chanyeol stared at him.

 

"No, I actually don't know what you're talking about. If you're trying to talk to me about your deranged little friend Jongin, I don't want to listen. I already told you I don't want anything to do with him."

 

"if you weren't interested, you could've just said so from the start. You didn't have to string him along all this while. Do you have any idea how much it hurts to see one of your best friends being treated the way that you're treating him? It ing hurts." Chanyeol hissed at Kyungsoo's face.

 

"Newsflash. I was interested in him at first but then what the hell? He's clingy as . I don't think you would want him too if you were me. It's not my fault that he's delusional."

 

"Don't you dare talk about him like that!" Chanyeol suddenly yelled and pushed Kyungsoo against the displays, holding him by the collar. It was rather easy since Chanyeol was as tall as a giant and Kyungsoo was naturally short.

 

"Let me go you bastard!" Kyungsoo retaliated.

 

Chanyeol's blood boiled. People passing by were starting to stare at them. Sooner or later the security would come out and chase them away. He let go of Kyungsoo and stormed off.

 

Chanyeol missed all of the buses so he had no choice but to walk to Jongin's place. He opened the door with his spare key and saw an empty living room.

 

"He must be in his room wallowing..." He thought to himself.

 

He opened Jongin's door and called out his name but there was no reply. He looked around the small room but there was no sign of Jongin. Chanyeol headed to the toilet and opened the door.

 

He almost screamed because he saw his friend lying unconscious in a pool of blood.