Nineteen

Chocolate

Kyungsoo drove himself home after dropping off Jongin at his place. He smiled to himself as the soft city lights shone through the car windows and on to his face. He thought about what he did earlier and he was pleased with himself. He was rather surprised at Jongin's personality. Kyungsoo had never met anyone like him in his entire life before, it was quite a refreshing experience for him. Jongin seemed like such a douche-bag at first but he cleaned up his act well. Very well, in fact.

 

His car came to a stop when he reached his own home. He looked over to his phone; which was laying flat on the passenger seat. He unlocked the screen and saw some messages from Jongin pop up. "How are you? Have you arrived home yet? I had a lot of fun tonight. I hope we can go out again sometime soon. Please call me when you see my messages. Kyungsoo! Where are you? I'm so worried. Call me back, or at least just text me back!" Kyungsoo chuckled lightly and tossed the phone in the front pocket of his jacket. He got out of the car and went in his room.  

 

On the other side of town, Jongin was hopping around happily. He hummed a happy tune as he folded his clothes and put them in his closet. He checked his phone for the millionth time but saw no reply from Kyungsoo. Jongin sighed deeply and creases started to appear on his forehead. "Where could he be?" he thought to himself. He could feel his mind wandering off to paranoia land. Little thoughts of Kyungsoo in a car crash crept up the corner of his mind. Jongin hit his head with his own hand angrily and cursed himself. 

 

"Don't think negative thoughts already! Shut up, brain! I don't need your opinion!" Jongin shouted, "Kyungsoo is fine. I am fine. We are fine. And we are such a cute couple no one on the planet earth could ever out-cute us!"

 

The door violently swung open and Chanyeol walked in. "What the hell is going on?" He rubbed his eyes sleepily, "I was just dreaming a beautiful dream and I heard some stupid people shouting!"

 

Jongin's heart almost jumped out of his mouth. "What the heck, Chanyeol? You're still here?"

 

Chanyeol nodded and let out a giant yawn. "Yeah, I was here all the time. I heard you turn on the CD-player and all those sappy love songs came on," Jongin instantly shrunk a little from utter embarrassment, "So, I assume everything went well?"

 

"Yes!" Jongin exclaimed, totally forgetting all the humiliation from a split second before, "It was great. I felt great, he felt great! Everything was just so... perfect!"

 

"Are you guys official now?" Chanyeol asked.

 

Jongin's bright smile faltered a little at that question. It was a great night and everything went really well but... Kyungsoo didn't even mention anything about them being together as a couple. Jongin shook his head slightly in disappointment and looked down. "No... he didn't say anything about that..."

 

"Oh..." Chanyeol said, not knowing what to say. 

 

Little droplets of tears started to form in the corners of Jongin's eyes. He tried sniffling to prevent himself from bursting out in tears but that didn't work out very well. He literally dropped to the ground, grabbed onto his own face and started sobbing... Well, not really sobbing but more of weeping. Chanyeol stood there frozen. Never had he witnessed such behaviour and strong emotion from Jongin. He went next to him and knelt down to pat his back awkwardly.

 

"I just... don't get it, Chanyeol..." Jongin weeped, "I thought he likes me! If he really did like me he would've asked me to be his boyfriend already! If he didn't, he wouldn't have kissed me just now... I just don't know what to think. And what's worse is that he didn't even reply any of my texts!" 

 

"Don't cry..." Chanyeol said lifelessly.

 

"I was just trying to see if he was okay! I just wanted to make sure that he got home okay!" Jongin cried as he held onto Chanyeol's leg for moral support; since it's helping him much more than the actual person is. "He ignored all my calls and all my texts! Do you have any idea how worried I am right now? I know I shouldn't be, because he's not a bad or reckless driver but... won't you feel the same if it happened to you?"

 

Chanyeol nodded silently. He felt so terrible for not knowing what to say to Jongin. He knew Kyungsoo well enough to know that he's not a player type of person but then he didn't understand why he was treating Jongin like that either. He made a mental note to catch up with Kyungsoo to clear the air.

 

 


 

The phone rang once again, Kyungsoo rolled over his sheets and squinted his eyes to get a better look at his phone. Jongin had called him more than a hundred times last night and it felt good to see another name pop up on the caller ID. He reached for the phone and picked up the call.

 

"Hey, dude. We need to talk about some stuff," Chanyeol said, first thing Kyungsoo picked up.

 

"Sweet Jesus, please don't tell me you want to talk about your whiney little friend again," Kyungsoo groaned.

 

"What the hell, man? I thought you actually like him?" Chanyeol replied.

 

Kyungsoo sighed and sat up straight on his bed. "Jongin's a good kid and everything. But you know what? He's so clingy I want to vomit blood. I feel like I can't breathe when I'm with him. And it's even worse when we're not together because he keeps on sending me all these where are you and what are you doing texts! Damn it, he just doesn't get it."

 

"Of course he won't get it!" Chanyeol nearly shouted, "You freaking brought him out and kissed him! Of course he won't think you don't like him. He's not very smart. Did you know?"

 

"Yeah, I think I could sense that stupidity in him." Kyungsoo retorted sarcastically.

 

"He's not stupid!" Chanyeol yelled, "He's my friend! I thought you were better than this. I thought you were actually a good person."

 

"I was," Kyungsoo sighed, "But then I decided. What the hell? I don't want to be that nice guy anymore. Being nice to everyone doesn't really get you anywhere in life. For once I want to see how it feels like to be a jerk. So, just ask your stupid little Jongin to stop calling me. And tell him I'm really annoyed. And also, I have a date with a hot girl today." Kyungsoo hung up the phone without waiting for a reply from Chanyeol.

 

"Asshat." Chanyeol cursed under his breath.