Thirteen

Chocolate

 

“I just don’t get it, Chanyeol. No one has ever rejected me like that,” Jongin said to Chanyeol as he paced around the room.

 

“Hm… maybe you came on too strong?” Chanyeol suggested.

 

“I don’t think I did, what’s even worse that is I didn’t even manage to get his number!” Jongin sighed, “I swear he is the most attractive and intriguing person I’ve ever seen in my whole life!”

 

“Maybe you should go back to the café and wait for him. See if he comes around again,” Chanyeol said, “Anyway, I’m going out with a friend who’s kinda depressed and heartbroken and I want you to come along. Maybe you could be a good distraction for him.”

 

“Are you serious? But I’ve got my eye on that guy from the café already…” Jongin said.

 

“Do you think you two are going to meet again?” Chanyeol asked and Jongin shook his head, “Well, I don’t think you should wait around for anyone, from what I heard from you, I don’t think he would want to go out with you even if you did see him another time again. So just go out with my friend and me! Have some fun!”

 

Jongin sighed and shook his head, “Fine, I’ll go out with you… for this time only, okay?”

 

Chanyeol smiled at Jongin’s answer.

 


 

 

Later that evening, Kyungsoo arrived at the restaurant that he and Chanyeol had agreed to meet up at. Chanyeol had texted him earlier saying that he was going to bring a friend along and Kyungsoo had no problem with that.

 

While waiting for Chanyeol to arrived, thoughts of the handsome stranger at the café earlier were still in the back of his head. For some reason, he just couldn’t stop thinking about him, and it bothered him. A lot.

 

The front door of the restaurant opened and a dinging sound was heard. Kyungsoo’s head shot up and he saw a familiar smile on Chanyeol’s face as he walked in the restaurant.

 

Chanyeol strode in the restaurant cooly and a person wearing a black hoodie with the hood up trailed behind him.

 

“Hey, Kyung!” Chanyeol greeted him eagerly, “How have you been? Long time no see!”

 

“I’m good! How about you?” Kyungsoo replied, just as enthusiastic.

 

“I’m great!” Chanyeol laughed, “Oh, I almost forgot! This is my friend, Jongin!” he said, gesturing to the guy with the black hoodie.

 

“Hi, Jongin!” Kyungsoo said happily.

 

“Hi,” Jongin replied with his low voice.

 

“Come on, Jongin. I know you’re still upset about that guy but try to be friendly,” Chanyeol nagged, “and also, take off that hood, you look like a on the loose.”

 

“Fine,” Jongin grunted and put down his hood and stared at his hands.

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened at least a hundred times when he saw Jongin’s face. It was undeniably identical to the stranger that he met at the café earlier.

 

The messy, dark hair that hung right above his eyes, the dark skin, chiseled features and full lips. It was definitely the stranger from earlier.

 

“Jongin?” Kyungsoo said, “I think we met earlier.”

 

Jongin looked up at Kyungsoo and when their eyes met, a foreign feeling washed over Jongin. His cheeks started to burn as he slowly recognized Kyungsoo’s face and his voice.

 

“Wait, so Kyungsoo is the guy that rejected you at the café earlier?” Chanyeol asked Jongin eagerly.

 

“Shut up,” Jongin grunted.

 

“Yeah, we met at the café earlier,” Kyungsoo replied Chaneyol, “I can’t believe you guys are friends! What a small world it is,” Kyungsoo said, “I’m Kyungsoo, by the way.” He held out his hand to Jongin.

 

Jongin’s dark brown eyes bore into Kyungsoo’s similar dark eyes. He extended his arm and accepted the handshake.

 

“So, Jongin, tell me more about yourself.” Kyungsoo said.

 

“Oh, let me do the honors of telling you!” Chanyeol exclaimed, “Jongin and I met back when we were just little kids and we’re the best-est friends ever! Jongin’s a dancer and he’s really amazing when he dances, you literally can’t take his eyes off of him.”

 

“Chanyeol…” Jongin hissed.

 

Chanyeol ignored Jongin and continued talking. “He doesn’t really tell anyone that he’s actually a dancer, though. He thinks it isn’t manly enough so instead he just makes up these fake occupations that make him seem like an interesting and irresistible person.”

 

Kyungsoo raised his brows and looked at Jongin. “You’re a dancer… I see. Well, I didn’t expect that.”

 

“What did he tell you he was?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“He told me he was a writer.”

 

“A writer?” Chanyeol laughed, “Yeah right, Jongin. You could barely complete your short essay assignments without any help from me. Did you really think that people would believe you when you tell them you’re a writer?”

 

Jongin rolled his eyes at Chanyeol and spoke. “That wasn’t a lie, okay! I actually do write stories, you just don’t pay enough attention.”

 

“Oh, yeah? What sort of stories do you write?” Chanyeol asked back.

 

“About everything, that was why I was so intrigued by him!” Jongin exclaimed as he gestured at Kyungsoo, “He seemed like a very interesting person!”

 

“Thank you, I am indeed an interesting person,” Kyungsoo added.

 

“Oh my god, I’m pretty sure that’s just a bunch of bullpoopie!” Chanyeol laughed as he held his stomach, gasping for air.

 

“Well, if you don’t mind, I would like to excuse myself and go out and get some air for a moment.” Jongin said angrily and stood up.

 

“Okay, Jongin!” Chanyeol sang, “Don’t forget to write some stories about me while you’re out there!”

 

Jongin ignored Chanyeol’s comment and walked out of the restaurant.

 

“He seems to be a nice kid,” Kyungsoo said to Chanyeol.

 

“Yeah, he’s pretty cool,” Chanyeol agreed, “Sorry if he’s being a little , though. He’s normal nicer than this. It’s because he was so upset and frustrated that you rejected him earlier. He didn’t even want to come along at first! I had to convince him that he probably wouldn’t even see you again, guess I was wrong.”

 

“I like that guy,” Kyungsoo said, “He seems like he could be very nice and fun if you got closer with him. I only rejected him earlier at the café ‘cause he was being such a jerk.”

 

“What else did he say to you? I mean, besides from being a writer and all.” Chanyeol asked.

 

“He told me to go home with him and he told me I was hot.”

 

“Oh my god, he did?” Chanyeol let out an extremely unattractive laugh.

 

“Yeah…” Kyungsoo felt himself pink up, “I would’ve said yes but then, you know me. I’m no easy boy.”

 

“You tell ‘em, Kyung!” Chanyeol cheered, “I think I should go check on Jongin. I don’t want him to get lost in the city.”

 

“No, no, I’ll go do it. You can just stay here and order for the three of us, I’m starving,” Kyungsoo said, “This is a chance for me to actually talk to him and get to know him better!”

 

“Okay, whatever you say. Just don’t take too long, I might devour your food, too!” Chanyeol said happily.



 

 

 

“Jongin?” Kyungsoo said when he went outside of the restaurant.

 

“Yeah?” Jongin answered, turning his head around to look at Kyungsoo.

 

“How are you?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“Normally, I would say I’m okay but I really don’t feel like it. Chanyeol basically just embarrassed me but I can’t stay mad at him forever. He’s just too happy and nice.”

 

“Why are you embarrassed? I’m not laughing at you.” Kyungsoo said.

 

Jongin bit his lip and looked into Kyungsoo’s eyes. “I’m sorry about earlier at the café. I really didn’t know why I did that. I swear, I’m not a player or anything.”

 

“It’s okay,” Kyungsoo said, “I forgive you for that. I think the two of us should go out together sometime. I mean, without Chanyeol knowing, of course.”

 

“I would like that but… I don’t wanna lie to Chanyeol but at the same time I don’t want him to disturb us or anything. He’s usually really… um… excited when I go on a date with anyone.” Jongin said.

 

Kyungsoo laughed, earning a glare from Jongin. “I’m sorry for laughing,” Kyungsoo tried to stifle his laughs, “but that is actually really funny. Come on, let’s go in and eat.”