Twelve

Chocolate

 

Several weeks passed by with no notice from Sehun or Luhan at all. Kyungsoo was worried sick to his stomach. He felt guilty and depressed. He called Sehun every single day and left him hundreds of messages. He never got a reply. He even texted Luhan plenty of times but only got one reply from him which said,

 

“Sehun moved away to live with his distant aunt in America. He won’t be coming back to see us anytime soon.”

 

Kyungsoo’s heart crumbled to the ground at the sight of that message. He couldn’t believe how bad Luhan had hurt him.

 

Kyungsoo found himself wandering about the bustling city one day. He had nothing to do. It was mid-term holidays for him and his day-off from work. He had originally planned to go out and hang with Chanyeol but Chanyeol was busy at a family function.

 

He walked into a nearby café; he needed a quick chocolate fix. He bought a cup of steaming hot chocolate along with a big chewy cookie. He sat down at the bar stool and sipped his drink quietly.

 

From the corner of his eye, Kyungsoo noticed someone staring intensely at him. He turned to face the person who was looking and saw an attractive man with a pen and paper in hand, jaded expression on his face.

 

The stranger came closer and took a seat next to Kyungsoo.

 

“Hello,” he said.

 

Kyungsoo nodded and replied his greeting.

 

They sat in silence, with Kyungsoo eating his cookie calmly while the man just stared him down.

 

“If you don’t mind me asking, why are you staring at me like that?” Kyungsoo broke the silence after a few minutes.

 

“I’m a writer. I’m looking for inspiration and you seem to be really interesting,” the man simply replied.

 

“I see,” Kyungsoo replied slowly.

 

“So, if you don’t mind me asking, what do you like to do? Tell me about yourself. You seem quite interesting.”

 

“My name is Kyungsoo and I love chocolate. It’s basically my life,” Kyungsoo said thoughtfully, “Chocolate is my first love and definitely my last. It has always been there for me, never let me down. I live chocolate.”

 

The stranger nodded as he took in Kyungsoo’s words.

 

“Would you be the person you are today without chocolate?” The man with dark, tanned skin and striking eyes looked at Kyungsoo and asked him.

 

“I don’t think I would be.” Kyungsoo simply answered, oblivious to the incredibly attractive man’s stare.

 

“Well, let me tell you what I think of you. I think you are extremely hot and you should come home with me tonight.”

 

Kyungsoo scoffed at the man’s stupidity. He isn’t going to get laid so easy.

 

“I don’t think so.”

 

And with that, Kyungsoo walked out of the bar leaving the man in awe.