Chapter 9

I heard you're a player, so let's play a game

 

Sungmin sighed in annoyance, ready to smash his desk into pieces because of the frustration. He was trying to study for his upcoming tests, but it seemed like his brain refused to take in any sort of information at the moment.

 

 

For the last few days he had tried to act like he usually did, but there was a problem. And that problem was named Kangin. Ever since the younger had received his text Sungmin hadn't been able to focus on anything. His mind had been filled with Kangin and he didn't like it one single bit. 

 

 

"Aish you idiot! Get out of my head, get out!" Sungmin hit how own head, trying to get all the thoughts about Kangin out from there. It was strange. The front door was locked, Sunny was with her friends in the room opposite of his and the curtains in Sungmin's room were down. Even his phone was off. So why did he feel as if Kangin was just outside the door? 

 

 

He couldn't stand it anymore. Sungmin needed someone to be with him right now and he wasn't going to join in on Sunny's slumber party. If he did then he would probably get his nails done no matter how much he protested, a few pink bows here and there in his hair and end up watching some stupid chick flick. Sungmin shivered at the memory. He was never going anywhere near Sunny's friends ever again. 

 

 

In the end he decided to call the only person who was probably free tonight.

 

 

"Hello?"

 

 

"Hey Kyuhyun, it's Sungmin!" The older exclaimed happily when Kyuhyun picked up. "Kyu what are you doing?"

 

 

"I'm in the middle of a game. What do you want?"

 

 

"I hear you sound nice as usual you brat. I was going to ask what you're up to tonight."

 

 

"Nothing. Why do you ask?"

 

 

"Well I was wondering if you wanted to come over."

 

 

"And do what?"

 

 

"I don't know. Maybe watch a movie or something?"

 

 

"…… Is this some weird plan to get in my pants?"

 

 

"Of course not! Stop being such s ert. You know what, you will probably me in my sleep so forget it. I'll see you later." Sungmin blushed at Kyuhyun's dirty mind and was ready to hang up when the youngers voice could be heard through the phone. 

 

 

"No way, you already made the offer so I'm coming over."

 

 

"I'm not sleeping with you."

 

 

"I wasn't talking about that, I meant the movie. I'm bored so I might as well come over."

 

 

"Okay. I'll start taking out the movies then."

 

 

"I'll see you soon then." Kyuhyun hanged up and went to get his bag under his bed. He didn't pack much, just a pillow, toothbrush and spare clothes. Not that Sungmin had invited him to sleepover but who cares? 

 

 

You won't if you're named Cho Kyuhyun. 

 

 

"Mom I'm going to Sungmin's house." Kyuhyun annonced to his mom who was watching the English mini series Sherlock. 

 

 

"Are you going to sleep over there?" Mrs Cho raised an eyebrow when she saw the bag her son was carrying. 

 

 

"Yeah that was the plan." 

 

 

"Wait let me see, Sungmin is the boy youre dating, right?" Kyuhyun nodded as a reply and frowned when he couldn't find his shoes. They were probably buried somewhere under the ocean of his moms shoes. "Why don't you invite him over sometime? I still haven't met him." 

 

 

"Mm maybe. There they are!" Kyuhyun dived in when he was his shoes at the corner. "I'm gonna go now ill see tomorrow. Call me if you need me." Kyuhyun kissed his mom's cheek before leaving. Such a mama's boy…

 

 

After 20 minutes of walking Kyuhyun arrived at Sungmin's house. All the lights were on, and it looked like someone was watching him from Sunny's window, only meaning she was home. "Yay... The little bundle of sunshine herself." Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and rang the doorbell.

 

 

There was a sound of someone running down the stairs and loud squeals from the other side of the door. "Schh! Guys be quiet." A light voice was heard. The door slowly opened and Kyuhyun was met by 9 girls who were giving him puppy eyes. (He even recognized one of them as Jessica)

And the one closest to him was Sunny. 

 

 

"Oh it's just you. I almost thought it was Kangin." The brunette rolled her eyes. 

 

 

"Sunny!" Sungmin yelled from the stairs when he heard Sunny name Kangin. He ran all the way down and pushed his sister away from the door.  "Sunny shut up now." Sungmin snapped with a death glare. 

 

 

"Hey Kyu. Uhm you can go up to my room. I'm just going to talk to Sunny." Sungmin half smiled and opened the door for the younger. With a confused face, Kyuhyun stepped inside and took of his shoes before heading upstairs to Sungmin's room. 

 

 

 

"The same goes for you guys. Upstairs, now." Sungmin pointed towards the stairs and all of Sunny's friends did as they were told. Sunny also tried to sneak away through the back door, but Sungmin saw her. 

 

 

"Lee Sunny you stay right there. Have you lost your mind?" Sungmin hissed at his sister when he had made sure everyone was upstairs. Only he didn't know Kyuhyun was on his way downstairs since he forgot his bag. The rebel suddenly stopped when he heard Sungmin speak. 

 

 

"Sunny you need to be careful. You can't talk about Kangin in front of Kyuhyun."

 

 

"What's the harm? I mean Kyuhyun already knows so what's the problem?" Sungmin didn't answer at his sisters question. In stead he froze in his place and sighed, making Sunny gasp when she realized what it meant.

 

 

 

''No! Oppa you haven't told him?!'' 

 

 

''Schh! Keep it down or else he will hear!''

 

 

''I don't care. Why haven't you told him? I thought he was your boyfriend.''

 

 

 

''He is. Wait, why did you even think it was Kangin at the door in the first place?'' Sungmin eyed his sister when he realized who she had brought up. 

 

 

 

''Sunny you are not getting away. Tell me, why did you think it was Kangin at the door?''

 

 

 

''Because I... may have read the text he sent you?''

 

 

 

''What? Sunny!''

 

 

''Look I'm sorry, okay? But I needed to call my phone from yours and when I opened your phone I saw his text. And when Kyuhyun came here I thought he was Kangin. I didn't mean to snoop Oppa, I'm sorry.''

 

 

 

''It's fine Sunny. Just don't mind about that text, okay? And don't mention it to Kyuhyun. You know I'm not exactly proud of my past with him.''

 

 

''Fine, I won't.'' 

 

 

''Good. I'll be in my room if you need me.'' Sungmin half smiled and walked up towards his room. When Kyuhyun heard Sungmin's footsteps coming closer he ran inside his fake boyfriends room and quickly sat down on the floor, trying his best not to show he had heard the conversation downstairs.

 

 

''What are you doing?'' Sungmin raised an eyebrow when he saw Kyuhyun sitting with his legs crossed, doing absolutely nothing.

 

 

''Waiting for you. So are we going to watch something or not?''

 

 

''Uhm sure. I don't have that many movies but at least a few.'' Sungmin brought out the movies he had.

 

 

After 30 minutes of useless arguing and a lot of aegyo, Sungmin got as he wanted. Again. The movie Sungmin chose was Pirates of the Caribbean. When the choice of movie had been made they both went downstairs to fix popcorn and something to drink.

 

 

''Why do you have such a big bag with you? Are you planning on sleeping over or something?'' Sungmin asked when he saw Kyuhyun's big bag.

 

 

''I was actually.'' Kyuhyun lightly smirked.

 

 

''Who said you could sleep here?''

 

 

''I did. So are we going to watch the movie or not?''

 

 

''You're... Unbelievable.''

 

 

''Lee Sungmin stop talking and start the move already!''

 

 

divider.jpg

 

 

It was already late at night when Donghae and Eunhyuk left the cinema. They had just had their first date together ever since they reunited, and it had been perfect. It had been a simple date with dinner and a movie, which many wouldn't have thought was that special. But for them it was all they needed, as long as they were together.

 

 

No matter how much more time they wanted to spend together, Donghae had to get home because of his soccer game early the next morning. The two love birds got on the bus that would stop nearby Donghae's house, and Eunhyuk could take the next one home from the same stop.

 

 

They sat down at the very back where no one could see them. The brunette leaned his head on Eunhyuk's shoulder, while Eunhyuk sneaked an arm around Donghae's waist.

 

 

''You don't have to follow me home. I only live 5 minutes away from the bus stop.''

 

 

''What kind of a boyfriend would I be if I let you go home by yourself? I can't risk something as sweet as you be out alone.'' Eunhyuk smiled and placed a soft kiss on Donghae's forehead. The rest of the bus ride was quiet. They knew that the moment they stepped out from the bus they couldn't touch each other in case Donghae's parents were out.

 

 

''Donghae.'' Eunhyuk called out when he saw that they were about to arrive at Donghae's stop.

 

 

''Yeah?''

 

 

''I love you.'' Eunhyuk quickly kissed Donghae before dragging him out from the bus. 

 

 

As they walked home Donghae was thanking the gods that it was dark because of how much he was blushing. The 7 months without Eunhyuk had been pure torture for him and he wasn't used to touching him anymore. Although he wanted to. When Eunhyuk wasn't looking Donghae moved a little closer to him and grabbed his hand. When the blonde felt the warm skin against his he looked at Donghae. 

 

 

"It's fine. It's too dark anyway." Donghae smiled and intertwined their fingers together. Sometimes it felt wonderful how their hands could fit so perfect together, almost as if they were made for each other. 

 

 

Only after a few minutes they arrived a few meters away from Donghae's house, causing them both to let each other go. "I'm sorry I can't let you meet them." Donghae sighed. He wished he was Sungmin right now.

 

 

He also wanted to be able to introduce Eunhyuk to his parents and say 'This is my boyfriend, Eunhyuk.' But he couldn't. 

 

 

"Hey, don't look like that. Frowning doesn't suit you." 

 

 

"I know it's just that… I love you so much, but I can't admit it to them. It's not fair. Before I left I told them I was going out with Jessica, and they bought it. They think I'm over that 'gay phase' now but it's not true. This isn't a phase."

 

 

"I know baby, but right now your parents can't handle it. We'll just tell them when you're ready. I better go now before I throw myself at you."

 

 

"Okay." Donghae said with a small pout. "Good night Hyukkie."

 

 

"Good night HaeHae." Eunhyuk gummy smiled and started walking away when he suddenly turned around. 

 

 

"By the way, make sure to get a good night sleep because I'm coming to your game tomorrow!"

 

 

"For real?" 

 

 

"For real! I love you HaeHae, good night!" Eunhyuk waved and walked off. Donghae smiled to himself at his boyfriends behavior and was just about to walk to his house when he felt how someone grabbed him by the shoulder. 

 

 

"You. Are. So. Busted." A deep voice whispered right into his ear. Oh no… 

 

 

divider.jpg

 

 

Kyuhyun was done. One hour of the movie had already passed and he was bored as hell. In his opinion absolutely nothing exiting had happened yet. Plus he was kind of an anti fan when it came to Johhny Depp.

 

 

Because seriously… He was just overreacting his role as Jack Sparrow. And it may also have something to do with the fact that a girl said he was more good looking than Kyuhyun was. 

 

 

In the end he decided to tease Sungmin a little. "Sungmin?" He called out, but the other had his eyes clued on the screen while stuffing his mouth with popcorn. 

 

 

"Sungmin?" 

 

 

"What?" Sungmin replied without looking away from the TV. 

 

 

"Do you have a library card?" 

 

 

"What?" 

 

 

"Because I'm checking you out." Kyuhyun bit his lower lip while scanning Sungmin from head to toe. After all, in Kyuhyun's eyes he was on legs. 

 

 

"What are you talking about?" Sungmin chuckled when he heard the bad pick up line. 

 

 

"Min are you a parking ticket?" 

 

 

"…What?"

 

 

"Because you've got fine written all over you." Sungmin laughed at the horrible line. He had never thought Kyuhyun knew these sorts of things. 

 

 

"That's probably the worst pick up line I've ever heard."

 

 

"Oh yeah? Then why don't you try one?"

 

 

"Gladly. Kyuhyun did it hurt?"

 

 

"What?"

 

 

"When you fell from heaven."

 

 

"Sungmin! That is too old to use! Plus you use it on girls." 

 

 

"As if yours were any better."

 

 

"Okay then, here is one. I'm an astronaut, and my next mission is to explore Uranus." Kyuhyun smirked, and Sungmin could feel all the blood rush up to his face. 

 

 

"Cho Kyuhyun! Don't come near me!" Sungmin scooted away from Kyuhyun and shielded himself with a pillow. Just for the sake of having fun Kyuhyun scooted closer to Sungmin until he was only a few centimeters away. 

 

 

"Ah Kyuhyun I'm serious! I know martial arts!" 

 

 

"I would take his advice if I were you. Believe me, he does know how to fight." Sunny suddenly stuck her head inside the room for a second before closing the door again. She had been eavesdropping… 

 

 

"Well… Move away. You're too close." Sungmin lightly pushed Kyuhyun away using his foot just like last time. 

 

 

"Fine. But can I just ask you something? Who is Kangin?" Kyuhyun suddenly asked, making Sungmin freeze. 

 

 

"H-how did you-" 

 

 

"Know about Kangin? Well I don't really know who he is but ever since the lunch at Heechul Hyung's house I have only heard things about him. So who is he?"

 

 

"No one." 

 

 

"Liar. You froze when you saw him in the store, you talked about him with both Ryeowook and Donghae, and you even got a text from him? Yes I heard you and Sunny before so tell me who he is."

 

 

"You listened to me and Sunny before?"

 

 

"I was going to get my bag before and I heard you talking about him. I didn't hear everything, only that I shouldn't find out and you weren't proud of something." Sungmin sighed in defeat and and sat straight up. He looked at the younger and started telling. 

 

 

"Okay just to make a long story short, Kangin is my… Not exactly ex but somewhere near. We broke up a year ago because he thought he was too old for me and since then I've kind of held a grudge against him."

 

 

"Too old? How old is he?" 

 

 

"Hmm… He's turning 25 in August."

 

 

"25?! He's sever years older than us?!" Kyuhyun's eyes widened in shock. Lee Sungmin liked older guys? 

 

 

"Yeah he is. But it's over now. We've both moved on with our lives and I'm not into him anymore."

 

 

"Did you like him?"

 

 

"Of course I did. He was nice to me."

 

 

"Did you love him?"

 

 

"……I don't know. I was only 17 when I met him so I don't really know if I was in love. Can we talk about something else? I don't really like to think about it. As I said, I'm not exactly proud of getting involved with him." 

 

 

"If you say so. Now at least I know who he is. By the way, can I use your thigs as earmuffs?" 

 

 

"And here we go again…" Sungmin rolled his eyes when he realized Kyuhyun wasn't going to stop this now. A new lesson for today: Cho Kyuhyun isn't just a ert when he's drunk. He's a ert 24/7.