Chapter 28

I heard you're a player, so let's play a game

The week went by fast. A little too fast if you asked Sungmin. But at least he could say it was the best one in his entire life. After the confession Kyuhyun had really started acting like a real boyfriend.

 

When they went to the movies he felt how Kyuhyun placed kisses along his temple, down to his cheeks and finally a soft one on his lips. When they went out to eat dinner Kyuhyun had already ordered a table near the window with a view over the ocean and the woods. When they went to bed Sungmin fell asleep to the sound of Kyuhyun singing. To sum it up, Kyuhyun had done everything he could to charm Sungmin. And it had worked.



This was their last night before they had to go back to Heechul's cabin. So right now they were laying down at the back of a truck with some pillows and blankets on top of a hill. They had a perfect view of the sunset, with Kyuhyun resting his back onto Sungmin's chest as he read a book. Yes, a real book.


Sungmin took a sip of his milkshake and went back to trying to put a baby blue bow in Kyuhyun's black hair. Sadly the younger had just gotten a haircut so it wasn't the easiest task. In the end he gave up and stared at the sundown before speaking.

 

''Kyu, what is going to happen when we go back?''

 

''What do you mean?'' Kyuhyun asked and put down the book.

 

''What is going to happen when we go back to our homes? I mean should we tell our parents the truth? That we were just playing a game?''

 

''Don't you think that's risky?''

 

''It will feel better to tell them the truth than to lie to them. At least we can say that we are together for real now.''


''I guess. What about the guys? Do we tell them?''


''Hm... Yes I think it would be for the better.''


''Then let's do it. Although Sunny will kill me when she finds out.'' Sungmin let out a quiet laugh when his sister was mentioned.


''She won't have a reason to. I suggested the game, didn't I?''


''You did. And I'm glad you did. Or else you wouldn't be mine now.''


''Stop being so cheesy.'' Sungmin gave Kyuhyun's chest a playful slap.


Kyuhyun caught it, kissed the back and then looked up right into his boyfriends eyes. Boyfriend. It felt so funny yet so great to be able to call Sungmin that now.


''Your eyes are like a sunset. They're beautiful, inspiring and hard to look away from.''


''Not the pick-up lines again!'' Sungmin rolled his eyes. 


''Do you want to hear another one? Although this is a fact, not a pick-up line.''


''Fine. Let's hear it.''


''I love you.'' Sugmin smiled at the words. Even if Kyuhyun was weird he always ended up being sweet. ''You may kiss me now you know.'' Kyuhyun said to bring Sungmin back to reality.


''Stupid.'' The older mumbled and leaned down to capture Kyuhyun's lips with his. Being in love really do make you stupid.

 

divider.jpg

 

''Sungmin!'' Ryeowook and Heechul came running out from the house at the same time. The moment the said boy stepped out from the car he was attacked by his friends who both started screaming in his face.


''I see nobody missed me.'' Kyuhyun frowned at the non existent attention he was getting.


''Oh please, I bet he has given you enough attention during the nights.'' Heechul's comment made both Kyuhyun and Sungmin blush a shade of deep red. ''Now come inside. We have something to tell you guys.''


''So what is it?'' Kyuhyun asked after he was done greeting Hangeng and Yesung.


''It's about Donghae and Eunhyuk. They've eloped.


''What exactly do you mean eloped?''


''I mean they ran away and they took Choco with them.''


''What? When did that happen?'' Sungmin asked in surprise.


''Maybe two days after you left. We don't know where they went but they promised to be back in time for when we're going home.''


''For real? Wow Donghae is really acting like an adult. A few years ago he would never have dreamed to do this. Right?'' Sungmin asked Ryeowook, who nodded in agreement.


''So what do we do now?''


''There's not much we can do now Wookie.'' Heechul sighed. ''We can just enjoy the remaining time we have here.''

 

divider.jpg

 

Just as the week at the cabin the summer went by in just a few minutes. The airplane started getting crowded with people who were going back to Seoul, including all the boys. Sungmin was looking through Kyuhyun's phone in case he had any horrible rated 18 pictures since his family would defiantly want to see some.


''Cho Kyuhyun.'' He called out in a cold voice as his grip around the phone tightened.


''Yes Minnie?''


''Why the hell do you have a picture of me sleeping, with half my sticking out?'' 


''Because you were so cute.''


''I'm deleting this!'' Sungmin shrieked in embarrassment.


Kyuhyun tried to stop his boyfriend but Sungmin held him back with his feet pressed against Kyuhyun's chest. As the aegyo king continued looking through the phone he found even more inappropriate pictures of him.


''You damn brat. I'm going to kill you when we get of this plane!'' Sungmin handed back the phone when it was clear from half pictures. Kyuhyun sulked over the loss of his treasure, but smiled again when Sungmin gave him a kiss on the cheek.


''I still don't get why I like you.''


''Me either.'' Heechul jumped into the conversation. ''I mean he's ugly, too skinny, a gamer, ert-''


''Okay Hyung I get it.''


''- dirty, smells like my grandma, has bad skin, practically everything opposite of you Minnie.''


''Thank's Hyung. I feel so good about myself now.'' Kyuhyun groaned and looked out the window, his pride obviously hurt. That's when Sungmin leaned his head against his boyfriends shoulder and gave it a kiss.


''You're perfect to me.''


''Thanks.'' Kyuhyun smiled back.


''Except for that you are a ert and do smell bad.''


''Yah!''

 

Kyuhyun spent the rest of the time being grumpy while Sungmin tried to make him happy again. But it didn't work. No matter what Sungmin did Kyuhyun kept looking out the window and did so until they landed in Seoul. 


''Fine, act like a baby then.'' Sungmin rolled his eyes.


''Where are we going to meet Donghae Hyung and Eunhyuk Hyung?'' Ryeowook asked Yesung when they left the plane.


''At the entrance after we have gotten our bags. Wookie stay close to me or else you might get lost here.'' Yesung grabbed the younger boy's hand and led him out through the big crowd with people.


When all the boys were gathered they all went to find their bags. Since Kyuhyun was so grumpy he decided to stand where the bags would start coming out while the rest were standing at the middle. The first bag to come out was a red wine one, and all of a sudden Kyuhyun felt how Heechul pushed him aside.


''Move your huge granny.''


''I hate you! You're so mean!'' Kyuhyun roared, causing for some people to stare at him. A hand gripped his arm and spun his around. Out of nowhere Kyuhyun felt how Sungmin stood on his toes and leaned up to kiss him.


''Come on, he's just messing with you.'' Sungmin smiled as he pulled away from the kiss. Kyuhyun couldn't help but smile and nod. Heechul stared at the two lovebirds and shook his head.


''Disgusting. Oh Hannie! Please help me with my luggage~'' Heechul beamed and jumped over to his boyfriend. When everyone had gathered their luggage they waited for Eunhyuk and Donghae who would arrive any minute now.


''Guys!'' A voice called out. Eunhyuk and Donghae came over holding hands as Eunhyuk carried Choco in one arm. The monkey boy was just about to say hello when Heechul threw a wallet against his head, hitting him right in between the eyes.


''Yah Lee Hyukjae! You kidnapped my baby for two whole months without telling where you went and you don't even apologize?! Hae baby I'm so sorry if he molested you, I should have been a better parent!'' The diva embraced Donghae into a hug and patented the back of his head like a caring mother does to her child.


''Hyung I'm fine!'' Donghae laughed. ''He was nice to me.'' 


''Oh my innocent baby that's what all men want you to think. Kyuhyun for example made some sick Stockholm syndrome on Sungmin while they were in the mountains and now they're a couple.''


At the statement the two mentioned boys' eyes widened in shock and they looked at each other before yelling 'What?!' in unison. How could Heechul know about them? They hadn't told the truth yet.


''Oh please.'' Heechul scoffed. ''Don't you think I've seen how you look at each other and hear you during the nights even though you think you are quiet? Every night ever since you came back from your own vacation I have heard Kyuhyun moan and you Sungmin have been whimpering like a- I can't write the following because there are minors reading this. *Bows in apology*


''S-so you have known for two months now and you didn't bother telling us?'' Kyuhyun asked.


''Yes Kyu baby you are absolutely right. So where did the two of you go?''


''Hawaii.'' Eunhyuk smiled and wrapped his arm around Donghae's waist.


*Hawaii? Ugh I'm so stupid!* Kyuhyun cursed himself mentally. He grabbed Sungmin's hand and his suitcase and started walking outside.


''Guy we have to go. See you at school in two days.'' Kyuhyun waved.


Sungmin who didn't have any time to react just waved good bye to the rest of the guys. Kyuhyun waved over a taxi and placed both Sungmin's and his suit case in the trunk before sitting down at the back seat. He told the driver his address and they started going.


''Kyu? What's wrong? Are you angry again?''


''Yes.Eunhyuk brought Donghae to freaking Hawaii and where did we go? The stupid mountains.''


''Kyu I-''


''I should have done something better for you. A week of just looking at rocks and trees are nothing compared to Hawaii.''


''Cho Kyuhyun shut up. I loved the mountains because I was with you. If we hadn't gone there maybe we wouldn't be together now.''


''So you're saying you don't want to go to Hawaii?''


''I didn't say that. I would like to sometime but I was happy at the mountains. I want to go back there.''


''Then we can go next summer.'' Kyuhyun smiled as the taxi driver announced they had arrived to their destination.


''Where are we?'' Sungmin asked as he looked around. He had never been in this area before.


''Look up at the balcony, the one with some flowers. Do you see it?''


''Yeah what about it?'' Kyuhyun was just about to answer when Henry came running out together with Mrs Cho and they both waved to the two boys.


''Kyu Hyung! Min Hyung! Come up auntie's made dinner!''


''Wait, isn't that Henry?''


''Yepp.''


''Did he just call that woman auntie?''


''Yeah, is there a problem with that?''


''B-but Henry is your only cousin! If he called her auntie it has to mean she's your mom.''


''That's right.'' Kyuhyun laughed at Sungmin's confused expression and kissed the tip of his nose. One of his hands grabbed his suitcase as the other grabbed the aegyo king's hand and started dragging him inside and towards the elevators.


''W-wait Kyuhyun I'm not ready! I've been on a plane, I probably smell and look bad! And look at what I'm wearing! Why didn't you warn me?''


''Because I wanted it to be a surprise. I want her to meet you.''


''Are you sure?''


''I'm sure. Come on, we're here.'' The elevator arrived at their floor and Henry was already standing there, waiting for them.


''Min Hyung!'' The little boy completely ignored his cousin and went straight to Sungmin. The oldest of the trio held out his arms and carried Henry.


''Hey there.'' Sungmin smiled while Kyuhyun was standing on the side with a frown on his face. Was this the 'Bully Kyu day' or something?


''What about me?'' Kyuhyun whined. Henry just stared at his cousin and turned back to Sungmin.


''Min Hyung I have a new friend!''


''Really? Who is it?''


''His name is Zuoumi but I call him Mimi. He's Chinese.''


''That's nice, I have to meet him then.''


''He's here.'' Just as Henry said that a small boy stepped outside from Kyuhyun's apartment. He hid half of his face behind a cap and looked around with scared eyes. Henry asked for Sungmin to let him go and once he was down on the ground he ran over to his friend.


''Mimi this is my cousin Kyu Hyung and this is his husband Sungmin Hyung.''


''Hello.'' Sungmin smiled and waved. He had expected a hello back, but instead the boy started crying and hugged Henry.


''Is he okay?'' Kyuhyun asked and raised an eyebrow.


''Oh yeah he just doesn't know Korean that well yet. He just moved here. Come on Mimi, let's go inside and watch Uncle Shindong fix the TV.'' The two boys went inside.


Sungmin took a deep breath and made himself ready to meet Kyuhyun's mom. ''She's going to love you, relax.'' Kyuhyun whispered.


Just before they stepped inside Sungmin leaned up to Kyuhyun's ear and whispered; '' on that. Henry thinks you are the bottom.''


Kyuhyun gasped in shock and watched an evil smirk spread on Sungmin's face. Another thing that happens when you hang out too much with the evil lord.


''Kyuhyun my boy!'' Mrs Cho called out and ran to hug her son.


''Mom you're suffocating me! Mom!'' Kyuhyun yelped. Mrs Cho let go of her son and smiled at him.


''I missed you so much.'' She said before turning to the shorter boy beside her son.


''Well are you going to introduce me or not?'' Mrs Cho playfully hit Kyuhyun's arm.


''Oh right. Mom this is Sungmin, my boyfriend. Sungmin this is my mom.'' Sungmin let out a quiet cough and was about to bow when suddenly, Mrs Cho pulled him in for a hug.


''Sungmin I've heard so much about you. It's so nice to finally meet you.''


''It's nice to meet you too Mrs Cho.'' Sungmin smiled back.


''Aww you're so cute. The total opposite of my son.''


''Mom!''


''Well it's true. You're very handsome of course but not cute, it wouldn't fit you. And gain some weight, didn't you eat anything while you were away? Come on, I made dinner. You two must be hungry after the flight.'' Mrs Cho started mumbling something and disappeared into the kitchen.


''Now I see why you're so straight forward. You're exactly like your mom. You even look like her.''


''Do not. She's a woman, and I do not look like a woman.''


''I wouldn't be so sure of that. Bottom.'' Sungmin whispered the last part and followed Mrs Cho.


''Kyuhyun dear this is Shindong, my boyfriend.'' Mrs Cho said as she went to stand beside a man with dark brown hair and kind eyes.


''Shindong this is my son Kyuhyun and his boyfriend Sungmin. They just got home from Jeju island.''


''Oh so you're the one who Kyuhyun took care of. Did my instructions work?'' Shindong asked since it seemed like a normal question. 


''Oh believe me, it worked wonders.'' Kyuhyun smirked at the last part of the sentence and saw Sungmin stiffen. The smaller man started blushing like a little girl when he started thinking of what had happened after he'd woken up that day.


''Auntie Mimi and I are hungry.''


''Oh how stupid of me, Boys please sit down, I'm just going to get everything.''

 

The dinner went great. Thank's to Mrs Cho's straight forwardness it wasn't awkward at all. She and Kyuhyun resembled each other in everything. Their looks, attitude and way of simply talking. Anyone could have seen that they were mother and son.


When everyone were done eating Kyuhyun and Mrs Cho took care of the dishes and started talking. Kyuhyun admitted everything about the game, but convinced that he really had fallen in love with Sungmin.


''If you're happy I'm happy. You deserve this after everything I've put you through.'' Kyuhyun knew his mom hinted on the divorce with his father, but he didn't want to think about it. they both approved of each other's boyfriends and soon it was time for bed.


Since it was already late and Sungmin had his stuff he called his parents to tell them he would spend the night over at Kyuhyun's place. The younger of the two was taking a shower while Sungmin made himself comfortable in the bed. It wasn't that hard to see that this was Kyuhyun's room.


A bunch of games were lined up perfectly beside the TV and a Xbox. A few books and some comic series were filling up all the space in the bookshelf. On the night stand Kyuhyun had three pictures.


One were of him and his mom when he was around Henry's age. The second was a group photo of him, Heechul, Hangeng, Eunhyuk and Yesung while they were in eight grade. During that time Hangeng came to Korea for the first time and Heechul had immediately fallen for him. Although Hangeng was scared of him at first they became a couple when Heechul had enough of being creepy and just admitted what he felt. They became official one year later.


The third and last one was a picture of him and Sungmin. Kyuhyun was standing up and leaning against a tree while back hugging Sungmin. They both looked straight into the camera and smiled brightly and held hands where they were wearing their couple ring.


He didn't know why, but suddenly Sungmin could feel how tears began to form in his eyes.


''Ahh that was refreshing. Sungmin I thought tomorrow maybe we can- Are you crying?''


''N-no I'm not.'' Sungmin quickly wiped his tears away, but Kyuhyun had already seen it. The younger climbed on top of the bed and cupped Sungmin's face between his hands.


''Why are you crying?''


''I-it's stupid. Forget it.''


''No, tell me. I want to know.''


''I-it's just that I'm happy.''


''And you're crying?'' Kyuhyun asked confused. Sungmin let out a quiet laugh and shook his head.


''They're happy tears. I saw that picture and I just realized how happy I am.''


''Silly.'' Kyuhyun sighed in relief. ''I thought I had done something stupid again.''


''You didn't. I just got emotional.''


''If you weren't a man I would have thought you were pregnant.'' Kyuhyun said, earning him a slap on the arm.


''I'm not the bottom, remember?''


''Oh come on! Henry is 9, he doesn't know what it means.''


''Still, his word against yours.''


''Oh yeah? Then I'm going to show who's right between us.'' Kyuhyun grabbed the back of Sungmin's neck and pulled him in for a kiss.


Soon enough Sungmin was lying down on his back with the younger towering over him, biting and his neck. Sungmin did his best not to let out any sound, but it wasn't the easiest thing when Kyuhyun did everything right.


''K-Kyu no. Everyone is here.''


''I know.'' Kyuhyun said as his hands prepared to take off Sungmin's shirt, only to have them slapped away.


''I said no. What if they hear us?''


''Then I guess you have to be quiet.'' Kyuhyun went back to marking Sungmin's neck. For a moment the older thought about giving in, but that plan was changed when he heard Henry scream right outside the door.


''Mom I think Kyu Hyung is hurting Min Hyung! Min Hyung is making weird noises!''


...

 

divider.jpg


 

''Do you really want to do this?'' Eunhyuk asked as he and Donghae looked out from the car and at Donghae's family's house. The younger of the two nodded his head and sighed.


''They're my family. I don't want to move back in but I have to see them.''


''Well it's your decision and I guess I can't change your mind.''


''No, you can't.'' Donghae winked. Eunhyuk could only sigh and rub his temples.''


''I'll stay here. I'm not ready to face them yet.''


''I understand. I'll be right back.'' Donghae kissed Eunhyuk's cheek and stepped out from the car. 


As he made his way towards what used to be his house he saw that it was different. The flowers outside didn't look as good as they used to. The always clean cars couldn't have been washed for weeks and most important, there was no music. Mrs Lee loved to listen to classical music that was played in the garden while she took care of all her plants.


But everything was dead quiet now.


As Donghae reached the door to the house he rang the bell and waited. He didn't have to wait until someone opened the door. It was his mom, but still it wasn't. The face was definitely her's, but she had changed.


She didn't have any make up. Her raven black hair had started to become grey because he hadn't dyed it, and her usual designer clothes was exchanged to sweat clothes.


''M-mom?'' Donghae called out softly. Mrs Lee stared at her son in shock, but didn't hesitate one second to pull him into a hug.


''Donghae! Is that you? Is it really you?''


''Y-yeah it is. Mom wha-''


''Oh thank god!'' She called out. Donghae could feel something wet slide down his neck and shoulder. His mom was crying.


''Donghae I'm so sorry! I'm so so sorry! Please forgive me. I shouldn't have pushed you away. I...'' Mrs Lee couldn't continue anymore because of the sobbing.


With thought of everything that had happened Donghae should be pushing her away and yell at her. That was what she deserved, but she was still his mother and he didn't have the heart to do that. Instead he hugged her back and actually felt the warm in her embrace that he used to feel when he was a kid. It was a feeling he hadn't felt for a long time.


''Donghae?'' Another voice brought him back to reality.


Mr Lee was standing in the hallway and stared at his son. Donghae was just about to speak and prepared himself for every insult possible, when suddenly Mr Lee walked up to him and joined into the hug.


Donghae was taken back by this sudden behavior. He had expected yelling, beatings and what not. But instead both his parents hugged him with so much love he didn't know what to do.


''I'm sorry my son. I was wrong.'' Mr Lee whispered.


Donghae smiled. A few months away was all that had taken for his parents to realize how much they loved him and needed him near. And so he let himself drown in the feeling of his parents love.


''I don't want the tradition anymore. You're free to love whoever you want. I'm sorry I didn't realize that earlier.''


''It's okay dad, it's okay.''

 

 

A/N: Buhu next chapter is the last T.T