Chapter 7: A threat?

I heard you're a player, so let's play a game
 
"And that's how the Big Bang happened. Students please open page 164 and answer the questions. Pair up 2 and 2 and then you can begin." The teacher said and everyone in class made their pairs. Sungmin was just about to ask Donghae to be his partner, but a certain diva had his own plans. 
 
 
 


"Sungmin, be my partner." The diva grabbed Sungmin's hand and went to sit beside him. Donghae was left alone and looked around for anyone who hadn't been taken yet. 



"Hey. So where's Kyuhyun?" Heechul asked while he opened his book. 



"He's at my house. Don't tell this to anyone, but he showed up in the middle of the night. Drunk." Sungmin whispered, making the diva raise an eyebrow. 



"Why did you leave him at your house? Aren't you afraid that he's going to steal anything?" 



"I don't think he will do that. And I left him because he was too hungover to come today." 



"I see. Huh, I never thought he would have the balls to actually show up at your house." 



"What do you mean? You knew he was going to come over to my house?" 



"Yeah. He came to me last night and asked for alcohol. I gave it to him since he was angry and I thought it would help." 



"What was he so mad about?" 



"I don't know. You will have to ask him that. Although I have a small thought what the reason could be." Heechul mumbled. 



It was true, he wasn't sure why Kyuhyun had been so angry. But he could almost guess that it had something with Kyuhyun's dad to do. 
The rest of the class went by and soon all the students were dismissed for lunch. Just as the previous day all the guys were going to have lunch together. 



"Guys you can go inside. I just need to call my mom." Sungmin said and the guys went to look for seats. As soon as everyone were out of sight he took out his cell phone and dialed Kyuhyun's number. 



"Hello?" A groggy deep voice answered on the other side of the line. 



"Hey, it's Sungmin. How are you feeling?" 



"Like . My head is hurting." 



"And that's why I don't drink. Have you eaten yet?" 



"No. I've been busy throwing up. Don't sorry though, I cleaned everything up." 



"Good. Listen I need to go, but there is food for you in the fridge. I made some before I went to school." 



"You did?" Kyuhyun asked in a surprised voice. Almost like he had never expected it. 



"Yeah, I thought you would be too tired to do it by yourself. Just heat it up in the microwave and then it's done." 



"Wow. Uhm… Thanks." 



"No problem. I'll see you later." Sungmin hanged up without saying bye before making his way into the cafeteria.




                                                                                   ***



''Hey, can I sit with you? Or I mean, beside you.'' Eunhyuk carefully asked Donghae. He knew he had scared the brunette last week and he tried his best not to make the situation any worse.




''Uhm, sure.'' Donghae replied and removed his bag from the seat next to him.




While all the other guys continued being their noisy self Donghae felt a small lump in his stomach. Whenever he laid his eyes on Eunhyuk he would feel ashamed of himself. 



''Donghae can I just ask you for a favor?''





''It depends on what it is.'' Donghae shrugged his shoulders while stuffing his mouth with rice. He was trying to act cold and hoped it was working.




''Meet me at the rooftop after school. I need to talk to you.''




''Eunhyuk I've already told you that I-''




''I know. But I still need to talk to you. I can't go on like this, I really need to talk to you.'' Eunhyuk looked really desperate now. Donghae sighed and couldn't do anything but to say yes. After all, he knew he had some explaining to do.




''Fine. At the rooftop at four.''




''Thank you.'' Eunhyuk smiled his gummy smile. ''And I'm sorry. For scaring you last week. I really didn't do it on purpose.''




''I'm okay. Just eat so we can talk later.'' Donghae replied while stuffing even more food into his mouth while trying to focus his mind on something else.




                                                                                       ***




After his conversation with Sungmin all Kyuhyun could do was to stare at his phone. Sungmin had made him food? So early in the morning?
If anyone had come over to Kyuhyun's house so late and gotten a hangover the next day he would for sure have left them for themselves. Heck, he wouldn't even have left them at his apartment. He would have kicked them out. But now Sungmin was doing the exact opposite.




''Aish I will never understand him.'' Kyuhyun crooked his eyebrows and ran his fingers through his messy morning hair.




''Kyuhyun? Are you still here?'' A light voice came from the door. Kyuhyun looked up and saw Sunny standing at the door with her school uniform on and her long brown hair was put up in a braid.




''Uhm yeah. Sungmin left me here since I got a hangover. What are you doing home? It's only lunch time and there's no way school is over for you yet.''




''I came home because our teacher got into an accident yesterday. Something about a broken leg and they let us go home early.''




''Oh. Well Sunny I-''




''No, you don't get to talk to me. The moment I saw you when you went for a date with Sungmin Oppa I noticed something about you. And you may not know this, but I go to the same school as you and Sungmin Oppa do. So I asked around and now I know who you truly are. You're that player that half of the school hates. You have been with almost everyone.''
Sunny crossed her arms and suddenly she didn't look so friendly anymore. Not like she usually did.




''So? What's it to you if I have been with half the school?''




''Because I know you're a heartbreaker and now you're going after my brother. He deserves to be happy, with thought of what happened last year.'' Kyuhyun raised his eyebrows at the comment. Last year?





''And what happened last year?''




''You will have to talk to Sungmin Oppa about that. Just remember that I don't want to talk to you ever again and I don't approve of your relationship with Sungmin. But I'm going to leave it for now. Just remember that if you ever dare to hurt him then I will break you.''
Sunny said before walking off to her room and closing the door. No, let's rephrase that. SLAM the door with all her power.





Kyuhyun stared at the door to her room for a few seconds with confused eyes before shaking his head. Even though this was only their third (second in Kyuhyun's memory) meeting everything was already a disaster with Sunny.
Not that he really cared, but Sungmin would sure do. 




The silence in the house was broken thanks to Kyuhyun's growling stomach who was making the same noise as a dying walrus.





He decided to worry about Sunny later and go downstairs to do something about his growling stomach. He opened the fridge and on the top shelf he spotted a white bowl with plastic wrap around it. On top of it there was a note which said 'This is for Kyuhyun, so back off Sunny! Warm it for two minutes and then you can eat it.'

 

 

 

 

Kyuhyun laughed at the note and looked inside the bowl. It was pork.

 

 

 

 

''Well at least he's not mad at me.'' Kyuhyun took the plastic wrap away and put the pork inside the microwave. While the food was being warmed up Kyuhyun sat down at the kitchen table and started thinking. 

 

 

 

Now it was clear that Sunny hated him. As said before, he didn't care about that. But Sungmin gave off the feeling that if everyone else accepted you, then he would also. His mom already liked Kyuhyun, and he hadn't met Mr Lee yet. That gave a score of 1 out of three.

 

 

 

But what could he do to make Sunny like him? Judging from her words it seemed like he would have to do something huge, and not make anything wrong. If only he could win her over then Sungmin would start liking him for sure. And then hopefully he could get one step ahead to win the game.

 

 

 

 

While Kyuhyun was in the middle of his thoughts the microwave made a sound to let him know his lunch was ready. He took the food, a glass of water and went back to Sungmin's room. He sat down at the clean desk and continued his plans while stuffing himself with the pork.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

After what felt like eternity the bell finally rang. Sungmin  quickly grabbed all of his things and he was ready to go home. The day had been surprisingly slow, and he couldn't wait to leave. Plus he needed to check on Kyuhyun to make sure he was fine. 

 

 

 

The young student made his way out of the classroom and headed to his locker. He grabbed his bag and made sure he brought everything he needed with him home.

 

 

 

 

''Hey, there you are.'' Heechul leaned against the locker next to Sungmin's with a small smirk on his face.
''When you get home, can you ask Kyu to call his mom? She's been trying to reach him the whole day but he's not answering his phone.''

 

 

 

 

''Sure.''

 

 

 

''Good. By the way, how is it going? The game I mean. Are you loosing or winning?''

 

 

 

''It's only been a week, so I don't know. I think we're still even.''

 

 

 

''Okay. Just let me know when someone's loosing.'' Heechul winked before going back to Hangeng. He linked his arm together with his boyfriend and started walking away, when Sungmin remembered something he had to know.

 

 

 

''Heechul wait up!'' Sungmin yelled and shut his locker before catching up with the lovebirds.

 

 

 

''I told you to call me Hyung. What is it?''

 

 

 

''It's about Kyuhyun. How did he get to my house yesterday?''

 

 

 

''I walked with him. He was pretty drunk and he said he wanted to go somewhere. When we arrived at your house I asked where we were and when he told me I tried to stop him from going inside. But as the stubborn bastard he is he didn't listen to me, and the next thing I know a female version of you opened the door and let him in.''

 

 

 

''What did you do after that?''

 

 

 

''There weren't much I could do. And since I knew he was at your house I knew he would be okay. So I went back home again to Hangeng.'' Heechul said while tightening his arm around Hangeng's.

 

 

 

''What?! So you left him at my house on purpose?! Are you crazy?'' Sungmin screamed in horror when he heard the truth.

 

 

 

''Whoa take it easy. As I said, I knew he would be okay if he was at your house.''

 

 

 

''B-but he... he started...'' Sungmin tried to get his words out, but he couldn't. Instead his face became a little red when he recalled where Kyuhyun had started touching him.

 

 

 

''He started what?'' Heechul crooked an eyebrow while eyeing the younger from head to toe. ''Holy ! Don't tell me he... popped your cherry.'' Heechul whispered the last part, causing for Sungmin's face to become even redder.

 

 

 

''N-no! I-I mean... I need to go!'' Sungmin stormed of before he would accidently say something he would regret later. 

 

 

 

He walked out from the school and waited for Ryeowook at the gates. Since they weren't in the same class Ryeowook had to stay for another hour. He could have gone home with Donghae, but for some unknown reason the fish couldn't make it. 

 

 

 

Because he didn't want to be alone for the 40 minute long bus ride he decided to wait for Ryeowook. After waiting for half an hour Sungmin could hear footsteps coming closer to him. He looked up to his side and saw the one person he did not want to see right now. Kangin.

 

 

 

''Sungmin? Hey...'' The bigger man smiled, which sent shivers through Sungmin's body. He scanned the bigger man from head to toe and noticed he was wearing a construction worker uniform. 

 

 

 

''What are you doing here? What do you want?'' Sungmin snapped when reacted to that warm smile. The smile he had once trusted so much.

 

 

 

''I'm on my way home. I've been working. What are you doing out here? If I remember right you still have another hour of school.''

 

 

 

''It's none of your concern what I'm doing out here.'' Sungmin replied coldly while turning his head away.

 

 

 

''Sungmin I-''

 

 

 

''No. Please just go away. I still can't look at you without wanting to throw up.'' Kangin sighed in defeat and looked at the younger boy with sad eyes before starting to walk away. Before he could walk past Sungmin he stopped.

 

 

 

''I'm sorry. For what I did. I never wanted to hurt you and I hope you know that.''

 

 

 

''Bull.'' Sungmin mumbled when he saw Kangin's figure becoming smaller and smaller.

 

 

 

When the other was completely out of sight Sungmin could feel a small pain in his hips and thighs. The smell of smoke together with cheap beer came back to his nose and he could almost hear the loud music outside the room where he had been half asleep in.

 

 

 

When the memories were becoming too real Sungmin shook his head away and tried to think of something else.

 

 

*Damn Sungmin, you were never going to think of that night again. You promised.* He thought to himself and tried to focus his mind on something else.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Eunhyuk was standing on the rooftop of the school while looking out over Seoul. He had been standing there for an hour already but there was still no sight of Donghae. Maybe he didn't want to come. Maybe Eunhyuk had ruined everything already and Donghae had said yes just to make him go away.

 

 

 

''Hey, sorry I'm late.'' Donghae suddenly said when he finally came. Eunhyuk turned around and smiled when he saw the cute boy in front of him.

 

 

 

''It's fine."

 

"So, what did you want to talk about?'' Donghae asked as he carefully made his way towards Eunhyuk. The brunette did the same as Eunhyuk and rested his arms against the railing of the rooftop. He was amazed at the view. He had never been up here before, so it wasn't until now he realized how beautiful the view from here really was.

 

 

 

''It's nice up here. Do you often come here?''

 

 

 

''Whenever I have time. But not as much as I used to. The time when I came here the most was when school started again after the summer. After you left me.'' Eunhyuk said without looking at the other. Donghae rubbed his temples while signing. An awkward silence fell down on the duo when they had nothing more to say.

 

 

''Donghae-''

 

 

''Eunhyuk.'' They both said at the same time. Donghae excused himself and let Eunhyuk have the first word.

 

 

 

''I just want to know two things, and you need to be honest with me. First, I want to know why you disappeared from the face of the earth. And I want to know if there's any way I can fix it.'' Donghae looked at the blonde and felt how he automatically bit his lower lip. Somehow Eunhyuk was suddenly standing so close, making Donghae look into his dark brown eyes and his plump lips.

 

 

 

''No there's nothing you can do about us. I can't be with you even if I wanted to.''

 

 

 

''Okay, first answer. Now answer my second question. Why did you leave me?''

 

 

 

''Well isn't it obvious? You lied to me. You said you were from Busan and you would just stay over the summer, but then all of a sudden I find out we go to the same school? I was mad at you.''

 

 

 

''You broke up with me because of that? Oh give me a break! That's impossible.''

 

 

 

''It's the truth. Now I've given you the answers and I need to go. Bye.'' Donghae turned around to walk away when he felt how Eunhyuk grabbed his wrist again. But this time he didn't have the same hard grip like the last time. Now it was a loose grip, almost as if Donghae would break if Eunhyuk held him any harder.

 

 

 

''I know you Hae. When you lie your left eye twitches, just like it did now. I already asked you to tell me the truth. Whatever it is, I won't be mad. I just need to know why.'' Eunhyuk saw how Donghae's shoulders fell down and how he looked down on the ground. 

 

 

 

''Hae? Donghae?''

 

 

 

''It's my parents... I told them... about us. And they didn't like it. When I told them they became so angry at me. My dad threatened me. He said that if I didn't end it with you...'' Donghae couldn't continue anymore. He felt how tears were forming in the corners of his eyes and he wasn't planning on letting Eunhyuk see them.

 

 

 

''If you didn't end it with me then what?''

 

 

 

''He said he would send me to Japan. I have an aunt there. That's why I broke all the contact with you. That's why I went to live with Sungmin and lied to him about what had happened. He still believes I did everything because I was scared to see you in school. Fortunately I didn't tell my parents that we went to same school or else they would have sent me to Japan anyway. There you have your answer. Happy now?''

 

The tears finally fell down from Donghae's eyes and he jerked his wrist away from Eunhyuk's grip. He almost ran to the door and was just about to go down the stairs when Eunhyuk stopped him.

 

 

 

''Hae wait!''

 

 

 

''What?!'' Donghae yelled back while the tears continued to flow down his cheeks.

 

 

 

''One last answer. Do you still love me?'' Donghae didn't reply. Instead he stood at his spot while keeping quiet. Eunhyuk chuckled when he knew Donghae wasn't thinking of the answer, but that he couldn't say no. 

 

 

''You do, don't you. You can't even say no. Then I will fight for you. I won't give up on you until the day you can look me straight into the eyes and say you don't.''

 

 

 

''Don't be ridiculous Hyukjae. You can't change anything.''

 

 

 

''You're calling me Hyukjae again. If you still call me by my real name when we're alone then I know for sure it's not too late.''

 

 

''But that's exactly what it is! It is too late for us. Just give up on me and find someone who can make you happy.'' Donghae replied before finally running down the stairs, and out from the school. Eunhyuk chuckled to himself and looked up on the sky.

 

 

 

''He didn't say no. Mom, dad he didn't say no. I know he still loves me. You would accept him into our family, right?'' Eunhyuk asked while still keeping his eyes on the clear blue sky.

 

 

 

Eunhyuk heard how a small breeze of air made a wind chimes play from one of the open windows from the teachers room.  He took it as a sign of yes.

 

 

''Thank you. I love you.'' Eunhyuk said and gathered up all of his things before walking home for the day.

 

 


 

 

A/N: Guys don't kill me >.< I hope the chapter was good~  And I'm sorry for turning everyone so emo Y.Y