Chapter 16: Dinner with the Jungs

I heard you're a player, so let's play a game

''Heeeeeechul Hyung!'' A loud voice echoed through the house. Or rather said, Kyuhyun's loud voice. The rebel kicked of his shoes in the hallway before running upstairs to his Hyung's room, because Kyuhyun had a habit of walking straight into peoples houses without their permission like that.

 

''Heechul I think Kyuhyun just came into your house.''

 

''I knoow! I'm gonna kill him someday.'' Heechul muttered under his breath while burying his face into his hands. He was talking with Hangeng over Skype since his boyfriend was in China right now to visit his family. ''Hannie I need to go. He's probably gonna bug me until I-''

 

''Heechul Hyung I need help! Hello Hangeng Hyung!'' Heechul's sentence was interrupted by Kyuhyun who slammed the door open. The diva's lips turned into a thin line, and Hangeng saw how his boyfriend was slowly loosing patience.

 

''Hey Kyu. Chullie call me when you're done with him. I love you.''

 

''Love you too.'' The diva sighed and ended the call while Kyuhyun threw himself on the bed in the room.

 

''Kyu this better be good or else I will chop your balls of.''

 

''It is! Hyung I need help with this game Sungmin and I are playing.''

 

''I'm listening.''

 

''Well you see, I need to figure out a way to win.''

 

''Are you losing?''

 

''No. But the problem is that Sungmin is getting bolder. He kissed me this morning. It wasn't me kissing him, but him kissing ME!''

 

''... I'm failing to see the problem.''

 

''Can't you see what he's doing?! He's trying to lure me into his trap.''

 

''You should be the one to talk. After what happened this morning with his parents it should be him saying this. You're a pretty smart for going after his parents as well. So you need advice on how to make him fall in love with you?''

 

''Yes.''

 

''Well, it isn't much time left until summer break. Let's all go somewhere and then you can try something there. In the meantime try to just become a part of his everyday life.''

 

''That's actually a pretty good idea. Do you think it will work?''

 

''It worked when I did it on Hangeng. But Kyu just...''

 

''Just what?''

 

''I have no idea which one of you is winning here, but if you do win don't be too mean on him. I have seen your worst side too many times to know that you can be pretty cruel.''

 

''I won't Hyung,  I already made that promise to his dad. Will just everyone stop bugging me about being nice all the time?'' Kyuhyun asked in an annoyed voice while he the TV and started watching Strong heart.

 

''Because nice is the exact opposite of what you are.'' the diva rolled his eyes and turned back to his computer. ''Hello Hannie!''

 

 

 

divider.jpg

 

 

''Ha take that!''

 

''Donghae move your fat out of my way!''

 

''Never! I'm totally winning this!'' Donghae laughed as he continued to throw attacks to Eunhyuk's car. ''I won!'' The brunette threw his hands up in the air and stuck out his tongue. They were currently in Eunhyuk's room, and the said boy was happy he had forced
Kyuhyun to clean his room or else he would have been embarrassed about taking Donghae to his house. They were currently playing Mario cart like the little kids they were and Donghae had won every round, much to Eunhyuk's embarrassment since he had been playing these sort of games ever since he was a kid.

 

''Hyukkie I thought you said you were an expert on this game.''

 

''I am, you're just a natural.'' Eunhyuk said as he sneaked an arm around the brunettes waist to pull him into his lap. 

 

''Hey what are you doing?'' Donghae laughed when he felt Eunhyuk's breath on his neck.

 

''Just admiring how beautiful you are.''

 

''Beautiful? One minute ago I thought I had a fat .''

 

''I was just kidding.'' Eunhyuk pouted and hugged Donghae tighter. ''Come here.'' Eunhyuk almost whispered before pulling Donghae in for a kiss. The brunette opened his mouth when he felt Eunhyuk his bottom lip and felt how the blondes tongue made it's way into his mouth. Soon enough Donghae placed one hand on Eunhyuk's neck while the other landed on his waist. 
Both of Eunhyuk's hands landed on Donghae's waist and he pushed his boyfriend to lie down on the bed.

 

With legs tangled together and Donghae's hands on each side of his head the make out session continued. The whole world was standing still and right now Donghae felt so happy. Being like this with the one he truly loved, just the two of them. No one else. He never wanted this moment to end, but it did because the two lovers heard how the brunette's phone started ringing from his bag.

 

''Ignore it.'' Eunhyuk groaned before continuing what he was doing. But when whoever was calling refused to give up Donghae had to break the kiss and push Eunhyuk away.

 

''I'm just going to see who it is, it seems like it's important.'' He went over to his bag and looked at the caller ID. It said 'Mom'
Donghae felt how his heart suddenly stopped and his face became pale when he read on the screen.

 

''Who is it?''

 

''M-my mom.''

 

''..'' Eunhyuk ran his fingers through his hair when he heard who it was. ''Okay just answer and tell her you're somewhere.'' Donghae nodded and answered the phone with trembling hands. 

 

''H-hello? H-hi mom. Where I am? Uhm... I'm at Sungmin Hyung's house. What? Was that today? Okay I'll meet you there. Yeah love you too bye.'' Donghae hung up the phone and started gathering his books that were lying on Eunhyuk's desk.

 

''Hyukkie I'm sorry but I have to go.''

 

''Why?''

 

''Apparently, my mom and Jessica's mom has booked a table at some restaurant so our families can eat dinner together. I'm so sorry but I didn't know it was today.''

 

''It's fine.'' Eunhyuk replied with a smile. ''I understand. Just make sure Jessica knows where to keep her hands so they don't land on what's mine.'' 

 

''Come on Hyuk, Jessica has already helped us more than anyone else has.''

 

''I know it's just that... What if you would suddenly start feeling more attracted to her than me? What is-''

 

''Hyuk stop.'' Donghae cut the blonde of with a hug. ''Yes I dated Jessica for awhile, and she made me happy. But there were always something that felt wrong. It was because I'm not attracted to women. I'm attracted to you and no one but you. So don't worry, okay?'' 

 

''Okay.'' Eunhyuk answered after a sigh and saw how his boyfriends serious looks turned into a smile. They both walked down to the hallway, where they  were suddenly met by Eunhyuk's aunt who came home from work.

 

''Donghae, is that you?!'' Her eyes widened in shock when she saw the boy in front of her.

 

''Hyori!'' Donghae exclaimed and ran up to hug Eunhyuk's aunt.

 

''Donghae I thought you were gone for forever. Boy what happened to you?''

 

''My parents got stuck in the way.''

 

''Didn't they accept you and Hyukjae?''

 

''Not a bit. But we're together again now.'' Eunhyuk smiled as he back hugged Donghae.

 

''That's good to hear. I'll go and start preparing the dinner now, do you want to join us Donghae?''

 

''I would love to, but I have a dinner date with my fake girlfriend and her family.'' Donghae replied with a stupid smile, making Hyori raise an eyebrow while looking at both boys with confused eyes.

 

''We're in a complicated relationship, I'll explain later.'' Hyori slowly nodded her head at her nephews reply and grabbed the bags she had brought with her from the super market.

 

''Okay then. I'll see you later then Hae.'' She smiled and disappeared into the kitchen. Donghae and Eunhyuk quickly kissed each other good bye before Donghae left the house so he could go home and change before the dinner. After all, he couldn't show up at an expensive restaurant in his school uniform.

 

 

divider.jpg

 

 

''Hyukjae. Lee Hyukjae I'm talking to you!'' A loud voice snapped Eunhyuk out from his thoughts. He looked up and saw Hyori stare at him.

 

''Okay what's wrong with you?'' His aunt asked as she crossed her arms.

 

''What do you mean? I'm fine.''

 

''No you're not. You have been spacing through the whole dinner and you haven't even touched your food. By this time you are usually already on your third portion. Come on. You know you can tell me anything.''

 

''Fine.'' Eunhyuk put his fork down, ruffled his hair and sighed before he started speaking. ''It's about Donghae and Jessica.''

 

''Who's Jessica?''

 

''His fake girlfriend.'' Eunhyuk replied and started telling the whole story. ''So he's just pretending to date Jessica so that when his parents thinks he's with her he is actually with me.''

 

''So what is bothering you exactly?''

 

''It's just... It's not fair. They are more than happy to accept Jessica just because she is a girl. But when Donghae told them about me he was almost shipped of to Japan. It hurts that they will never accept me in the same way as her. I mean they would never agree on having dinner with me. They would never invite me to their summer house in the US. If Donghae and I would ever get married they wouldn't even show up. As long as he's with me they will always look the other way and hate me. I don't know what to make of that or how to deal with it. I'm actually starting to wonder if Donghae would be happier without me.''

 

''Hyukjae don't say that!''

 

''But it's true! I know how much family means to Donghae and I don't want to ruin anything.''

 

''If anyone is ruining something it's his parents who won't accept you. They are the stupid ones, not you or Donghae. I know as your aunt I shouldn't say this, but what they think. If you and Donghae are happy while being together, be together. If you are happy by going away, then go away. If you are happy by marrying each other, then just go and get married. Never think about what they want. Think about what you and Donghae wants. Nothing else matters. Okay?''

 

''I know but I'm scared.''

 

''Of what?''

 

''About if Donghae would fall for Jessica. I mean she's pretty, rich, kind and she's just... She's perfect in every way. I sure as hell know that if I were straight I would want to be with a girl like her.''

 

''But you aren't straight, and neither is Donghae. Just have some faith in him, will you?'' Hyori smiled and patented the blondes shoulder.

 

''Fine.'' Eunhyuk said after a small pause.

 

''Good boy. Eat your food now and then we can watch a movie.'' Eunhyuk nodded in reply and took a bite of his food. But even though his aunt had tried to take away his worried he couldn't hep but feel uneasy. Something was wrong.

 

 

divider.jpg

 

 

''I'm sorry I'm late!'' Donghae started bowing while he ran up to Jessica's family and his own. They were all standing outside while waiting for him. He was wearing his black emergency suit that had started becoming a little too small for him because of the soccer practises.

 

''I'm so sorry I made you wait, but I had to change my clothes.'' Donghae smiled and went to hug Jessica. 

 

''Oh it's fine.'' Mrs Jung, Jessica's mom smiled. Donghae also greeted Jessica's little sister Krystal, her parents and hugged his own and ruffled his little brothers hair.

 

''So should we go inside then?'' Mr Lee said and they all went inside. While one of the waiters showed the way to their table Jessica suddenly grabbed Donghae's hand to prevent him from walking any further.

 

''Guys you can go. I need to talk to Donghae about a thing we have in school.''

 

''Okay Honey, but don't take too long or else you will miss your chance of ordering your food.'' Mrs Jung smiled and they went to their table.

 

''You are coming with me.'' Jessica whispered before dragging Donghae to the ladies' toilet and locked the door. She slowly turned around with a smirk plastered on her face while scanning Donghae from head to toe.

 

''Okay I'm just going to assume that you were with Eunhyuk before this, am I right?''

 

''Y-yeah. Why are you looking at me like that?!'' Donghae blushed when he saw how Jessica's grin turned even bigger.

 

''Were you two doing something naughty?''

 

''N-no! Why would you even ask that?''

 

''Because you have the biggest hickey on your neck that I have ever seen.'' Donghae's eyes widened at Jessica's comment. He quickly turned to the mirror and almost fainted at what he saw. A freshly made hickey was decorating the side of his neck. 'Damn you Hyukjae!' Donghae screamed in his mind. Eunhyuk must have done during the make out session, when Donghae was up on cloud 9.

 

''I didn't know you and Eunhyuk were on each other that much. What else have you two done that I don't know of?'' Jessica laughed when she saw Donghae's confused eyes and his flushed face.

 

''N-nothing! Sica I swear we haven't done anything!''

 

''Haha oh my god chill out okay? I'm just teasing you.'' Jessica nudged the brunettes side, who only outed in response. While Donghae was trying to wash of the hickey (yes he is stupid) Jessica was digging around in her bag while looking for something to cover it up with.

 

''Yah stop trying to wash it of, it won't work. Here I have make up. We almost have the same skin tone so it should work. Just stand still.''

 

There was a comfortable silence while Jessica was doing her job of trying to hide the trace Eunhyuk had left. ''Damn how long was he on your neck? It's like you had an octopus on you or something.''

 

''Stop it, you're making me embarrassed. Nice dress by the way.'' Donghae tried to change the topic by commenting on the dark blue dress the blonde girl was wearing.

 

''Thanks, but you're not getting away. You know you should tell your parents soon about you and Eunhyuk. You can't keep on pretending forever.''

 

''I know, but it's only until my birthday. I'm turning 18 in July and then they can't say anything. Are you done soon?''

 

''Yeah about... now.'' Donghae took a look in the mirror and was amazed by the power of make up. The hickey wasn't visible at all. The fake couple went out from the bathroom but before they continued to walk Jessica stopped walking once again.

 

''Okay you know that I'm okay with this, and you are okay with it. But is Eunhyuk okay with this?''

 

''Okay with what?'' Donghae blinked his eyes when he didn't understand, making Jessica groan.

 

''Okay with just... this. About me and you in a fake relationship. About the fact that you have to hide him.''

 

''Yeah he's okay with it. He said so himself.''

 

''Are you sure? Because that's not what he told me.'' Jessica blurted out. Donghae felt his whole body tense up when he heard the comment.

 

''What? What did he tell you?''

 

''Nothing. Let's just go find our table.'' Jessica sighed and they started looking for their families. When they finally found them Donghae held out the chair for Jessica so she could sit down before he sat down beside her, making both their families let out  small 'Aww'.

 

Donghae hated these kinds of places. The only people who were in this place were people with a lot of money, and didn't know how to relax. They were all wearing fancy clothes, while drinking fancy whine and eating their fancy food while listening to the boring classy music in the background. 
No one even laughed. Everyone were so stiff and only talked so low that could might as well whisper to each other. Then he looked at his parents.

 

They were nothing different from the people around them. They had entered their marriage because of an arrangement because of their own parents, and now they were stuck with each other like this. They didn't think he knew, but Donghae knew everything. This felt so wrong.
Jessica was a dear friend to him, she was. But she wasn't Eunhyuk. Honestly he would prefer if it was that silly monkey boy who was sitting here with Hyori while having dinner with his parents. 

 

Speaking of Eunhyuk: What in the world did Jessica mean by what she had said? 'Because that's not what he told me?'
What the hell did that mean? When did she and Eunhyuk even speak? And most important, wasn't Eunhyuk okay with this? Was it just something he said so that Donghae wouldn't have to worry about anything?

 

''Aigoo Donghae stop staring at your future wife, I think you're making her uncomfortable.'' Mrs Lee and Mrs Jung laughed when they caught Donghae staring at Jessica. He had been spacing out again.

 

''So Donghae, you're going to graduate soon. What do you plan on doing after that?'' Mr Jung asked as he took another sip of his wine.

 

''I'm thinking of becoming a doctor.''

 

''A doctor?'' Mr Jung raised an eyebrow while giving Mr Lee a questioning look.

 

''He's just kidding. After I have retired Donghae is going to take over the company. Isn't that right Hae?''

 

''I don't know dad. I have actually reconsidered that decision.'' The brunette snapped, suddenly feeling annoyed by just the presence of his family. ''I'm thinking about saying to to the title and giving it to Taemin.''

 

''Don't be silly. Taemin doesn't know how to run a company.''

 

''Then teach him just like you taught me.''

 

''He's 9.''

 

''And I was 7 when you started teaching me.'' An tensed atmosphere spread over the table. Donghae and his dad were throwing daggers into each others eyes from across the table, while the wives at the table were panicking. Jessica, Krystal and Taemin was simply watching and waiting for something to happen, while Mr Jung tried to ease the atmosphere.

 

''Yah Donghae, you shouldn't go against your parents wishes. I'm sure you're just a little tired right now.'' 

 

''No I'm not Mr Jung. It's just that I don't like it when my father doesn't even trust my brother with anything. Or when he's making important life deciding choices for me.''

 

''That's because you don't know what's good for you. Where do you think you would be now if I hadn't put you in place a year ago?'' Mr Lee suddenly said, of course referring to Eunhyuk.

 

''I don't know. But I know one thing. At least I would have been happy.'' Donghae suddenly stood up and placed the napkin on his plate. ''I'm sorry but I think I should leave before my father looses his self control. I'll see you at school.'' Donghae placed a hand on Jessica's shoulder and walked out from the restaurant. His parents were left embarrassed by his sudden rebellious behavior, and no one understood anything. Except for Jessica who was smiling widely and tried her best not to laugh.

 

''I'm sorry, I'll se right back.'' She also stood up and went back to the ladies toilet. She quickly locked the door, and the only thing that could be heard in the entire restaurant was Jessica laughing her of.

 

 

divider.jpg

 

 

 

''Let's see... 4x - 8 +9=... Aish why can't I do this?!'' Eunhyuk groaned in frustration while pulling his blonde hair. This was hopeless. Math was hopeless, he was hopeless and his whole life was hopeless. He gave his math book the evil eye before grabbing it and throwing it to the other side of the room.
Just because for the sake of being angry and kicked on the side of his table, which wasn't the smartest idea because he accidentally hit his toe. The blonde monkey cried out in pain and laid down on the floor. The noise he was making made Hyori starting to loose her patience and she started jumping on the floor over him.

 

''Hyukjae stop it! I'm trying to sleep here!''

 

''I'm sorry for existing! And being such a retard.'' The monkey boy pouted when his phone started vibrating. He slowly got up from the floor and looked on it. It was a new text message from Donghae.

 

 

From: HaeHae (* ̄з ̄)

Hyukkie I'm outside your house. Let me in! :'(

 

 

Wait, outside?! Without wasting another second Eunhyuk ran to his front door, completely forgetting the pain and opened the door. Indeed, there he was standing. Donghae was looking at Eunhyuk with sad eyes and suddenly hugged the taller man, who automatically respoded.

 

''Hae? What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be on some nice dinner with Jessica's family?'' Instead of giving a proper answer Donghae shook his head.

 

''I'm sick of them.''

 

''Who?''

 

''Everyone! My mom, dad... It was terrible. I fought with my dad and... my mom called Jessica my future wife. Hyuk I think they're planning on arranging a marriage for me and Jessica!'' Donghae suddenly started crying. His whole body started trembling, and Eunhyuk felt a pang in his heart.

 

''A-a marriage?''

 

''Yes! A freaking marriage! Hyuk I can't marry her! I want you! I belong with you! I-I don't know what to do...''

 

''Sch... It's okay, I'm here.'' Eunhyuk pulled away from the hug and looked straight into Donghae's teary eyes. He wiped away the falling tears with his thumb and tenderly placed a small kiss on Donghae's lips.

 

''Hyuk can I sleep here? I don't want to go home.''

 

''Of course you can. Do you want some warm milk?'' 

 

''Yes please.'' Donghae slightly smiled when he heard the word warm milk. ''Do you want to watch Finding Nemo on top of that?''

 

''I have never loved you more than now.'' Donghae laughed and hugged Eunhyuk again.

 

''Come on, let's watch the movie and then you can tell me what happened.''

 

''Okay.'' Donghae walked into the house and straight into Eunhyuk's room to borrow some clothes. The monkey boy locked the front door and went to the kitchen to start making the milk. And then he and Donghae were going to talk about what had just happened.