Chapter 11: The truth

I heard you're a player, so let's play a game

 

Sungmin was tapping his foot on the floor while keeping his eyes on the clock, waiting for the time to go by. Today was the day he was finally going to face Kangin and hopefully get an ending.

 

It was a dark day with heavy rain and a little too windy for anyones liking. It was too slow. It was the kind of day when you just wanted to stay home cuddled up in huge cozy blankets and watch TV. But no.

 

As a high school student Sungmin had been forced by his mom to go, even though she was fully aware of the fact that the people on radio had warned for a storm later. Kyuhyun's head was resting on Sungmin's shoulder since the younger had fallen asleep a long time ago.
The teacher had seen it already but wasn't really in the mood to argue with his students.

 

 

When the bell finally rang Sungmin was the first one to stand up and pack up all his things. The sudden movement made the sleeping rebel wake up when his head hit the table a little too hard. Before Kyuhyun had any time to react Sungmin was already out of the classroom and was practically running to his locker.

 

''W-what happened?!'' Kyuhyun hissed while rubbing his head when the pain finally kicked in. 

 

''The day is over already and your bunny left.'' Heechul rolled his eyes while lazily packing up his things.

 

''Finally.'' Kyuhyun stood up to go to his locker when he noticed Heechul was following him. 

 

''Kyunnie, I need to get something for Hangeng's birthday. I need you to come with me to the mall so I can choose something.'' Kyuhyun cringed when he heard what his friend was saying. Last time he had followed Heechul to go shopping it had ended with Kyuhyun paying for all the items.

 

''When hell freezes! Hyung I'm not coming with you!''

 

''It wasn't a question. You are coming with me and that's final.''

 

''Last time I checked you weren't my mother. Go by yourself.''

 

''Fine, I will. But don't blame me when KyuYEON comes out.'' Kyuhyun froze on his spot and slowly turned around with a stern look on his face.

 

''Kyuyeon?''

 

''Oh don't play dumb with me, you know who I'm talking about. That time when you were really drunk and me and Eunhyuk decided to dress you out as a girl? When we named you Kyuyeon?'' Heechul smirked and held up his phone.

 

''You really didn't think I would let it pass by without take any pictures, did you? You know, Facebook is such a beautiful thing. Things can spread around very fast there.''

 

''You wouldn't.''

 

''Oh but I would. You if anyone should know I would." The diva half smirked at his friend. Kyuhyun could only sigh in annoyance before nodding his head. It wasn't like he had a choice, because he would NEVER let anyone see him dressed out as a girl. 

 

"Fine. Let me just go and tell Sungmin." Kyuhyun groaned and stormed of towards Sungmin's locker. 

 

Sungmin was packing up all of his things while looking a little absent minded. Kyuhyun didn't think about it so much since he figured Sungmin was just tired like everyone else. 

 

"Min I'm going with Heechul Hyung to the mall. You can go with Donghae to the bus, right?" 

 

"Mm…" Sungmin hummed in response, not really listening to what the younger was saying. He was too busy with his own thoughts. 

 

"Good. Well I guess I'll see you tomorrow." 

 

"Sure." Sungmin closed his locker and quickly hugged Kyuhyun. "I'll see you tomorrow." Sungmin half smiled and strode of. Kyuhyun stood frozen on his spot from the sudden hug. What was wrong with Sungmin these days? 

 

"You bastard! Answer me when I call you!" Heechul snapped Kyuhyun back to reality by smacking him on the back of his head. 

 

"Yah! Stop hitting me!"

 

"Start listening to me! God is this what Sungmin has to deal with? Why are you standing here like a fool anyway?" 

 

"It's nothing. Are we going or what?" Kyuhyun snapped back and started walking. Heechul rolled his eyes and followed his friend. 

 

 

divider.jpg

 

 

The rain was pouring down outside, and it was only becoming worse and worse. Most of the students had already gone home while the rest were either waiting for the rain to stop or someone to come and pick them up. 

 

"Where are you? I can't see you anywhere." Sungmin spoke through his phone while looking out through the window. He was trying to spot Kangin somewhere among the other cars and students. 

 

"I'm right outside the school. I still have the same car so it shouldn't be that hard."

 

"Everyone's in the way. If you expect me to find you then you will have to be a little more specific."

 

"Fine. I'm right across the hardware store and that little jewelry store. If you go out from your school and down to the right I'm at the very end of the street." 

 

"Okay, I'm on my way." Sungmin hung up and finally left the school.

 

He followed Kangin's instructions until he managed to spot a small dark blue car which he recognized too well. The pink lover ran up to the car and knocked on the window to get the oldest attention.
The door opened for Sungmin to jump inside, and that's exactly what he did. He hurriedly closed it again so the rain wouldn't come inside. 

 

When Sungmin noticed how quiet it was he slowly turned his head, only to lock eyes with Kangin. Nervousness spread in both their bodies and wanted to look away. But they couldn't. Their eyes were locked together and all they could do was to look at each other in silence. 

 

The first one to avert his gaze was Kangin while he cleared his throat. "You didn't bring an umbrella? Don't you ever learn to always have one in your backpack?" 

 

"No… It seems like I don't."

 

"I thought you would do this so I brought a towel. Do you want it?" Sungmin merely nodded his head in response when he suddenly felt something soft on his cheek.  Kangin held up a small yellow towel and Sungmin took it. While the younger started drying his hair he could feel Kangin's gaze on him the entire time. 

 

''Can you please stop staring at me?''

 

''Sorry. It's just that... I'm not sure if you seem different or not.''

 

An awkward silence spread in the car. No one knew what to say and Sungmin almost regretted calling Kangin now. What did he want by doing this?

 

''So... Why did you call me? I mean I didn't expect for you to actually do it.''

 

''To be honest I don't know. I want a closure but I... I don't know what to say. I still can't look at you without thinking about what you did.''

 

''Sungmin I've already apologized.''

 

''I already said I don't want your sorry. It doesn't change anything. So you're dating someone else now?''

 

''What are you talking about?''

 

''Don't act stupid. I've seen you with him. Tall, skinny, sand blonde hair? A little older than me?''

 

''Who? Leeteuk? We're not exactly together. I mean we are, but-''

 

''Do you love him?'' Sungmin suddenly interrupted and looked at Kangin with sad eyes. The older looked at his ex confused, not really understanding why he seemed so down.

 

''Does it matter? You broke up with me, remember?''

 

''No I forgot, but thank your for reminding me.'' Sungmin rolled his eyes with a tone of sarcasm in his voice. Seems like someone's taking after Kyuhyun?

 

''You didn't answer my question. Do you love him?''

 

''No I don't, but I'm trying to. We recently started dating and he's nice. He's funny, handsome... and he's my age. But he's not you. You are so unique and there is something about you only you have. Unfortunately I threw it away and I'm sorry for that. You know I would rewind time back and change it all if I could.''

 

''But you can't.''

 

''Exactly. You know I was drunk that night, and I can't control myself when I drink. You know I would never hurt you.''

 

''It's too late for that stuff. Yes you were drunk and I know you can't control yourself during that time but it's not an excuse. You hurt me. You weren't good for me, and I still don't think you are. Besides you have someone else now so why do you need to talk to me?''

 

''Because I want you to know that I still care about you. I'm trying to move on with Leeteuk but I can't if I know that you still hate me. It's making me suffer.''

 

''Well then you know exactly how I have felt for a whole year after what you did to me! Don't you think I know you were fooling around with others behind my back?" Sungmin slowly started raising his voice because of the anger that was slowly building up inside him.

 

What did Kangin take him for, an idiot?

 

''Sungmin please I-''

 

''No! Do you know what? This was a mistake. I thought we could sort this out but it feels like you're only trying to make it through with a bunch of excuses! I stopped believing your bull ages ago! I hate you!'' Sungmin roared and stepped out from the car.

 

''Minnie where are you going?! Sungmin you'll get sick! Sungmin!'' Kangin yelled after the younger. 

 

Sungmin started running as fast as he could. This was a mistake. He and Kangin could never sort this out, not as long as Kangin only tried to make his way out from it with excuses. He didn't care if he was going to slip on the water, if a car would hit him or if he bumped into someone. All Sungmin wanted was to get home. He finally reached his house and was welcomed by a shouting Sunny from the kitchen.

 

''Yah Oppa! Did you eat the last c-'' Sunny stopped halfway through her sentence when Sungmin dashed up towards his room. Puddles with water and mud appeared as traces after him because he hadn't even bothered to take his shoes of before a slam from the door to his room could be heard.

 

Sunny who immediately sensed something was wrong with her brother decided to drop the food issue for now and follow him upstairs. As she came closer and closer to his door she couldn't hear anything. It was dead quiet, almost as if she was the only one in the whole house.

 

*What the heck is he doing?* Sunny pressed her ear against the door to Sungmin's room and heard some weird sound. It almost sounded as if he were... crying?

 

''O-oppa? Oppa are you okay?''

 

''Leave me alone!''

 

''But Oppa I-''

 

''I SAID LEAVE!'' Sungmin finally burst out, making Sunny back away a few steps from the door. It was rare for Sungmin to yell at her, and if he did it then something major must have happened.

 

''Oppa...'' Sunny pouted to herself and retreated back to her room.

 

 

divider.jpg

 

 

''Hmm... Kyuhyun what should I do? I think this shirt would look good on Hangeng, but I don't know if I should pick the green or blue one. What do you think?'' Heechul held up two shirts in his hands that he thought would fit Hangeng. Kyuhyun sighed in annoyance before shaking his head.

 

''I don't know Hyung, and I honestly don't care. Just pick one so I can go home.''

 

''Someone's a little moody today. Bastard...'' Heechul mumbled the last part before turning to a woman who worked in the store, hoping that she would be able to help him. 

 

Kyuhyun sighed and started walking around in the store by himself while Heechul was in his little dilemma. The shop weren't any special. The same ordinary clothes you could find anywhere, with the same old boring colors and models.

 

As Kyuhyun continued further inside the shop something caught his attention. It was a pink polo shirt with white stripes on it.
He quickly touched the fabric on it and it was kind of similar to the ones Sungmin usually wore. And now that Kyuhyun thought about it, maybe it would fit Sungmin.

 

''There, all done we can go now. She was hell of a lot more help than you were.'' Heechul suddenly appeared with a bag in his hands. The diva raised an eyebrow when he noticed Kyuhyun's attention was on a pink polo. What the hell?

 

''What are you doing? Since when do you look at these kinds of shirts?''

 

''I don't but... do you think it would fit Sungmin?''

 

''For Sungmin? Yeah I suppose. I mean, he does seem to like pink and since he has a wide upper body I think it would fit his chest area. Just enough eyecandy for you.'' Heechul smirked at the grin forming on Kyuhyun's face at the last comment. ''Are you going to buy it for him?''

 

''I don't know. At least not today. I don't have any money.'' Kyuhyun averted his eyes from the shirt. ''Can we go now?''

 

''Yes we can. My dad is coming to pick me up, do you want a ride home with us?''

 

''Sure.'' The two friends exited the store and headed towards the parking lot where Heechul's dad was waiting for them.

 

''So which one did you get for Hangeng Hyung?''

 

''The blue one. I showed a picture of him to the girl and she immediately picked it. Then I nearly had to punch her when she asked about his name.'' Kyuhyun couldn't help but laugh at his Hyung's possessiveness. Sometimes it seemed like he thought he owned his Chinese boyfriend.

 

''Whoa! Kyu hold up a minute! Isn't that your... mom?'' 

 

''What? Where?'' Kyuhyun asked as he looked around in the mall.

 

Heechul pointed at the other side of where they were. A familiar woman walked hand in hand with a man. They were standing with their backs facing the two young boys while window shopping. Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes and tried to look at the woman's clothes instead. She did have the same jacket as his own mom, but it couldn't be her.

 

''It can't be. My parents are divorced, remember?'' Kyuhyun said and was about to walk away when he froze on his spot. The woman and the man turned around to continue walking when he finally saw her face. Indeed, it was his mom.

 

''B-but... What the... She's divorced! She's old! What is she doing?!'' Kyuhyun exclaimed while his eyes widened. His mom, dating? At her age? Eww...

 

Kyuhyun's little shock was interrupted by the sound of his phone. He slowly snapped back to reality before pulling his phone out from his pocket. The caller ID said Sungmin so he picked it up without any hesitation.

 

''Hello?''

 

''H-hello. Is it Kyuhyun?'' A light voice said on the other side of the line. And it wasn't Sungmin's.

 

''Who is this?''

 

''It's Sunny.'' The voice said so quietly that Kyuhyun almost didn't hear it. When his slow gaming brain registered the name of the person he slightly frowned and tilted his head. Sunny was calling him? With Sungmin's phone?

 

''Sunny? What are you doing with Sungmin's phone?''

 

''I snatched it, okay? Look can you come over to our house? I'm in a panic mode here and I don't know what to do.''

 

''Has something happened?''

 

''It's Sungmin Oppa. I-I don't know what's going on and he refuses to come out from his room. Please please please help me! I don't know what to do.''

 

''Fine. I'm on my way.'' Kyuhyun hung op the phone and continued to drag Heechul to the parking lot.

 

''Hyung I need a ride, but not to my house.''

 

''Sure but what about your mom? I think I saw her going with that guy into a restaurant.''

 

''I'll ask her about that later, but right now I need to be somewhere.''

 

''Where are you going?''

 

''To Sungmin's house.''

 

 

divider.jpg

 

 

 

One hour had already passed since Sungmin had locked himself inside his room and Kyuhyun still wasn't there. Sunny was almost starting to doubt if he was going to show up.

 

*Ding Dong~ 

 

The bell suddenly rang and Sunny ran out from the living room to open the door. Kyuhyun was standing there in his half soaked uniform and stepped inside the house to protect himself from the rain.

 

''Where is he?''

 

''In his room.''

 

''Has he come out at all?''

 

''Only once to go to the bathroom. That's when I took his phone.''

 

''You sneaky little... If I didn't know any better I would think you're my sister.'' Kyuhyun chuckled and took of his shoes before walking up to Sungmin's bedroom.

 

He carefully twisted the doorknob and realized Sungmin had forgotten to lock the door. Kyuhyun slowly opened the door and peeked inside. Sungmin was lying on his bed in a foster position with his back turned to the door. He had changed out from his uniform and was wearing a black V-necked shirt with grey sweatpants.

 

The pink loving boy had his face buried into one of his pillows as he continued to cry quietly to himself. Sungmin could feel how another extra weight made the mattress sink down, making him sigh.
Hadn't he made it clear he wanted to be alone?

 

 

''Sunny go away.''

 

''I would, but I'm not Sunny.'' A voice way too deep to be Sunny's echoed through Sungmin's ears. He instantly turned around and saw Kyuhyun.

 

''K-Kyuhyun?!''

 

''That's my name. Why are you crying?'' Sungmin quickly wiped his tears away and blushed in embarrassment. Great... 

 

''I-I'm not.''

 

''You are. What's wrong? Has something happened?''

 

''No...'' Sungmin turned his head away when Kangin came back into his mind.

 

''You're crying right now. Come on, tell me. Has someone done something to you?''

 

''No it's just... Can I have a hug?''

 

''What?'' Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow.

 

''Can I have a hug? Please?'' Sungmin slightly pouted, making him look irresistible.

 

''S-sure.'' Kyuhyun extended his arms for the smaller man. Sungmin wrapped arms around Kyuhyun's waist and rested his head on his shoulder. 

 

 

A small feeling of security spread inside Sungmin, and he liked the feeling of hugging Kyuhyun. Although the younger was so skinny he was still warm and huggable. 
Kyuhyun on the other hand was grinning at how much Sungmin felt like a teddy bear. Soft and big. 

 

 

After a few minutes Sungmin felt how Kyuhyun started rocking them back and forth like they were kids, hugging their favorite toy. The action made Sungmin let out a small laugh, which made Kyuhyun ease up a little.

 

 

''Do you feel better now?''

 

''A little.''

 

''Do you want to tell me what's happened? I don't judge and I'm a good listener. Just ask Eunhyuk Hyung, I sat and listened to him cry for a whole month after he and Donghae broke up.''

 

''It's nothing. I just went to see Kangin.''

 

''Kangin? Kangin as in your ex Kangin?''

 

''Yeah. I lied to you before.'' Sungmin confessed and pulled away from the hug. He didn't look Kyuhyun in the eyes, instead he looked down on his hands.

 

''I lied to you about most of the things. He didn't break up with me because of our age difference. I broke up with him because... He was an . He was really kind to me in the beginning. But then after a while I found out he was cheating on me. And it wasn't just with one guy, it was with many. But I never did anything about it.''

 

''Why not?''

 

''Because he has way of making you feel like you are the only one in his world. I liked that feeling because I had never experienced it before and I thought that if I stayed with him then maybe I could make him feel that way too. But then... One night he brought me to a club. And you know what happens there. We got drunk as hell and in the end I didn't couldn't even stand up. He brought me to one of the private rooms and he wanted to... you know.''

 

''Sleep with you?''

 

''Yeah. But I said no and then he tried to force me instead. I started screaming and that's when he gave up. After that it all got too blurry to remember. But then out of nowhere I heard moans. I opened my eyes and I heard him from the room next to me.'' Sungmin's lips started trembling when he thought back at the scene.

 

''He was doing it with another guy, right next to me. I heard them so clear and...'' Sungmin stopped talking when he started crying again. Kyuhyun who felt sorry for the older pulled him back for another hug while letting Sungmin cry out.

 

''Come on Min, don't do this. He's not worth it. He cheated on you, the one who should be crying is him for being a . He was the one who did wrong.''

 

''I-I know but I-''

 

''No buts!'' Kyuhyun exclaimed and pulled away from the hug. ''Don't. Cry. Over. Him. Okay? Don't ever cry over anyone who made you want to.'' Kyuhyun let out a small smile.

 

This was just like the moments he used to spend with his mother when she cried over her divorce. His mom and Sungmin was kind of alike in their behavior, and sitting with Sungmin like this felt nice because it brought back the feeling of being needed. 

 

''Kyuhyun what am I supposed to do?''

 

''Move on. That's the only thing you can do now.''

 

''But I didn't sort anything out.''

 

''So? He's an and he doesn't deserve your forgiveness. Let him go already. That way you won't have to talk to him to get rid of him.''

 

''Maybe. Thanks Kyu for listening.'' Sungmin sighed, but still let out a grateful smile. Kyuhyun returned it and shifted a little in his seat. His long legs were in the way of sitting closer to the boy beside him.

 

''It's fine. But tell anyone about it and something bad is going to happen to you. If you know what I mean.'' Kyuhyun wiggled his eyebrows.

 

''What is wrong with you?! You're so gross. Goodnight.'' Sungmin pouted and buried himself under the covers. Kyuhyun laughed his evil laugh and laid down beside his fake boyfriend who was still hiding.

 

''Sungmin if you were a new hamburger at McDonalds you would be called McGorgeos.''

 

''Leave me alone ert!''

 


 

I'm sorry... I tried making this a good chapter but this was all I could think of... I hope it was okay, I spent three whole days with this chapter but I don't know if it turned out good. Anyway, THANK YOU!

Seriously, 14 new subscribers?! And two more votes? And the heart warming comments? ASDFGHJKL!
 

image

Kyumin (and I) thank you~<3

image

//Nina~