Chapter 5: Lunch date(s)?

I heard you're a player, so let's play a game

 

"Donghae~ Time to wake up." A smooth, almost angelic voice whispered into Donghae's ear while he was sleeping. Donghae started stirring in his sleep, but being the non-morning person he was he pulled the cover over his face. 

 

 

 

"Aish what the- Lee Donghae wake up right now!" Sungmin yelled and started hitting Donghae's body with his favorite Nemo plushie. Donghae finally opened his eyes and they widened when he saw what Sungmin was hitting him with. 

 

 

 

"Yah Hyung! Stop it!" Donghae screamed and grabbed the plushie. He examined it to make sure it was still in a good condition, and that Sungmin hadn't destroyed anything. 

 

 

 

"Hyung take it easy with this one! I really treasure it."

 

 

 

"Why? You have so many that looks just like that one." Sungmin looked around on Donghae's bed and saw all the other 13 plushies he had.

 

 

 

"I treasure it because someone special gave it to me."

 

 

"Someone special? Would that special someone happen to be Eunhyuk?" The younger slowly nodded at his Hyung's question.

 

 

The only reason just this plushie was so special to him was because Eunhyuk had gotten it for him when they were shopping at the mall. The plushie had immediately put Donghae into a fangirl mode, and being the caring date he was, Eunhyuk hadn't hesitated one second to buy it. 

 

 

When he caught himself going too far back in the memories Donghae shook his head and looked up. 

 

 

"Why are you here anyway Hyung? It's only 9 in the morning. And it's Saturday."

 

 

"I came here because you, me and Wookie are going on a lunch date."

 

 

"A lunch date?"

 

 

"Yes. We're going to eat with Kyuhyun and the others." Donghae's eyes widened in shock. A lunch date? With Kyuhyun and the others? The information started spreading inside Donghae's brain and it wasn't good. 

 

 

Lunch + Kyuhyun = Eunhyuk

 

 

Eunhyuk + a lunch date = a real life meeting

 

 

A real life meeting + Eunhyuk = Not good at all! (Probably more intensive stares and another awkward lunch. And not to mention Kyuhyun ing on Sungmin.)

 

 

"No way! Go by yourself! I'm gonna stay in my bed and die." Donghae whined and buried himself under the other plushies on his bed. 


 

 

"But Donghae~ I already told Kyuhyun you're coming so Hangeng is making food at you too right now."


 

 

"No! You are the one playing this ridiculous dating game, not me."

 

 

"But there's going to be food."

 

 

"I don't care."

 

 

"So you're not coming? Not even if I tell you there's going to practically be a free, Chinese buffet?" At Sungmin's remark Donghae immediately sat up, causing the plushies to fall down on the floor. 

 

 

"Chinese buffet?"

 

 

"Yes."

 

 

"Will Eunhyuk be there?"

 

 

"I don't know but I think so."

 

 

"Can you sit beside me and protect me from him?"

 

 

"I can always try."

 

 

"Count me in." Donghae finally got up and walked to his closet. 

 

 

divider.jpg

 

 

"Hyung I hate to say this, but I freaking hate you right now." Donghae threw Sungmin death glares when they arrived at Heechul's house.

 

 

 

When they stepped inside Donghae had learnt that the buffet he had been promised was in fact a few simple sandwiches. When they had arrived only Hangeng had come to fix the lunch while Eunhyuk, Kyuhyun, Yesung and Ryeowook were on their way. 

 

 

 

"Well it was the only way to get you here. I'm sorry." Sungmin flashed an apologetic smile and went to the kitchen to find Hangeng and help him set up the table. 

 

 

 

"Hey. Do you want some help with the table?" Sungmin asked when he went inside the kitchen. 

 

 

"Yes actually, you can help me with the plates. I have fixed everything else." Hangeng smiled and handed Sungmin the plates when suddenly a certain diva opened the door. 

 

 

"Hangeng can you please take out the cheese in my sandwich? I have noticed a small extra shin recently and somehow I only see it after I have eaten cheese."

 

 

"Stop with the dieting. You're beautiful as you are and honestly I think some extra weight wouldn't harm you."

 

 

"Well dare to not take out the cheese and you won't get any for two weeks." Heechul threatened while winking at his boyfriend. "Come on Sungmin, I'll show you the dining room."

 

 

Heechul showed Sungmin the way and told him to simply put down the plates and all the rest would be taken care of. Sungmin did as he was told when suddenly a pair of arms sneaked their way around his waist. 

 

 

 

"Hello Minnie." Kyuhyun smirked and looked down at his fake lover. 

 

 

 

"Hello and let go off me. I need to fix this."

 

 

 

"Don't I get a hello kiss?"

 

 

"No." 

 

 

"One of the rules said kisses and hugs."

 

 

 

"You will get a kiss when I feel like it. Who knows where your lips have been."

 

 

 

"They will be connected with your lips in a few seconds." Kyuhyun held Sungmin tighter and started leaning in when a scream was heard 

 

 

"No in the dining room guys! We're gonna eat here!" Eunhyuk interrupted and covered his eyes. "I'm not gonna ask what you're up to, but where is Donghae?" 

 

 

 

"We weren't gonna have and I have no idea where Donghae is. Will you let go of me?" Sungmin jerked himself out of Kyuhyun's grip and continued with his work. Eunhyuk simply shrugged his shoulders and returned to his search after Donghae. 

 

 

 

"Hey Hyung, have you seen Donghae?" Eunhyuk asked Yesung, who was staring out through the window. 

 

 

 

"No I haven't. But I think Heechul is giving him a tour around the house."

 

 

"Really? Guess I have to wait until we're gonna eat then. And what are you looking for?" Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow when he didn't understand what Yesung was staring at. 

 

 

 

"I'm waiting for that tiny guy. One of Sungmin's friends." Yesung stated and continued to look out through the window. 

 

 

 

"I think stalking him from a window is going to scare him away. Just do yourself a favor and walk away from the window." Eunhyuk guided the older away when suddenly the doorbell rang. 

 


 

"Guys, can you get that? I'm not done showing Donghae around!" Heechul yelled from upstairs and Yesung was more than happy to open the door. 

 

 

"Quick, how do I look?" He asked Eunhyuk while he straightened his clothes.

 

 

 

"Fabulous, absolutely fabulous." Eunhyuk said sarcastically while rolling his eyes. Yesung snickered at his friends y attitude but decided to take it as he looked fine. 

 

 

The doorbell rang once again and Yesung coughed before he opened it. He opened the door and looked down at Ryeowook. Ryeowook was slightly shorter than Yesung, and he had black hair with bangs that covered a little of his eyes. Ryeowook looked up at the taller man and became afraid of that he was at the wrong house. He couldn't recognize Yesung. 

 

 

"H-hello. Uhm, is this Heechul's house?" Ryeowook asked with a worried voice. 

 

 

*He doesn't recognize me?* Yesung thought sadly but put a smile on his face. 

 

 

"Yes it is. Come in." Yesung stepped aside so the younger could step inside. 

 

 

"Wookie!" Sungmin yelled happily when he came out from the dining room. With Kyuhyun stuck around his waist. 

 

 

 

"Hi Hyung." Ryeowook smiled and looked around with puppy eyes. 

 

 

"Hey, I don't think we introduced ourselves properly at school before. I'm Yesung." Yesung smiled and held out his hand. Ryeowook somehow looked hesitant to take Yesung's hand, but in the end he did. 

 

 

 

"Ryeowook." He smiled back when Hangeng suddenly called everyone to the table. The first one to the kitchen was of course Kyuhyun, followed by Sungmin who was starving. 

 

 

 

''Come on, I'll show you the way.'' Yesung smiled at Ryeowook and guided him towards the dining room. Eunhyuk rolled his eyes and waited for Heechul and Donghae to come down.

 

 

 

''And those were the guest rooms. I'll show you my room later.'' Heechul said as he and Donghae came down. The older had his arm wrapped around Donghae's shoulders, not much to Eunhyuk's delight.

 

 

 

''What are you staring at? We're going to eat.'' Heechul snapped Eunhyuk out of his thoughts and made his way into the dining room together with Donghae.

 

 

 

''You can't kill him... He's your friend.'' Eunhyuk mumbled to calm himself down before he would twist Heechul's neck.

 

 

 

''There, I think everyone is here now. You guys can go ahead and sit.'' Heechul said and everyone did as they were told. They were just about to start when Hangeng interrupted them.

 

 

 

''Wait! I forgot the jam!'' He exclaimed while sounding terrified. It was almost as if the food was poisoned and if anyone took a small bite from it then they would die a slow and horrible death.

 

 

 

''So?'' Heechul shrugged his shoulders while while giving his boyfriend a weird look.

 

 

 

''The jam is the most important part of the food. It's not going to taste the same without it.''

 

 

 

''Fine. Eunhyuk go get it from the store.'' Heechul ordered the younger. Eunhyuk's eyes almost popped out when he heard his name being called out.

 

 

 

''No way. Don't you have any at home?''

 

 

 

''No I don't. Why do you think I'm telling you to go and buy it?'' 

 

 

 

''But the store is so far away from here.''

 

 

 

''I can go and get it.'' It was Sungmin who made the offer. The lunch was just going to be awkward anyway so why not get out for awhile? Just to avoid the tense atmosphere.

 

 

 

''Thank you cutie. Kyuhyun go with him.'' The diva once again made his command.

 

 

 

''But Hyung I-''

 

 

 

''Don't you talk back to me Kyunnie. Just show the bunny the way there or else he will get lost.'' Seeing there were no point in fighting with Heechul, Kyuhyun groaned in protest but stood up to leave.

 

 

 

''Let's go.'' He grabbed Sungmin's arm and led him to the hall.

 

 

 

''Hurry back!'' 

 

 

 

''Yeah yeah!'' The duo left the house and Kyuhyun started showing the way.

 

 

 

''So far away is the store? It can't be that far, right?'' Sungmin asked as he wrapped his jacket closer against his body, trying to get some warmth.

 

 

''35 minutes.''

 

 

 

''35? Wow, the store from my house is just two minutes. But 35 minutes goes by fast, why couldn't Eunhyuk go?''

 

 

 

''Because he's a lazy . The guy is too lazy to even put on underwear.''

 

 

 

''So what you're saying is that he... doesn't wear any underwear?''

 

 

 

''That's exactly what I'm saying.'' Sungmin shook his head and sighed. Why did Kyuhyun's friends never fail to surprise him?

 

 

 

''What did Donghae get himself into last summer...?''

 

 

 

''What was that?''

 

 

 

''Nothing.''

 

 

 

divider.jpg

 

 

 

''I'm telling you, strawbeery jam makes the taste sweeter.''

 

 

 

''And I'm telling you that blueberry jam makes it taste more.'' Kyuhyun argued back to Sungmin who insisted on buying strawberry jam.

 

 

 

''But I want strawberry.''

 

 

 

''Min I'm allergic to strawberries.''

 

 

 

''Then don't take any jam.''

 

 

 

''You heard Hangeng Hyung, you need jam to make the sandwich. His sandwiches are the best I've ever eaten and I'm not going to miss out on them just because you refuse to buy the blueberry one.''

 

 

 

''Kyunnie please... Please buy it for me.'' Sungmin slightly pouted, made his voice a small pitch lighter and looked up at Kyuhyun with the cutest eyes he could. ''Kyu please.'' Sungmin continued to whine while taking small jumps up and down.

 

 

 

*Gah I ing hate myself!* Kyuhyun mentally screamed when he could no longer resist Sungmin. Heechul was right. Kyuhyun really didn't know how to resist aegyo.

 

 

 

''F-fine. But stop doing that.'' Kyuhyun grabbed the strawberry jam and went to pay for it. 

 

 

 

He didn't know why he had such a soft spot for aegyo. He wasn't cute himself in any sort of way, so maybe that was the reason. Because he couldn't do it. And the worst part was that he was too embarrassed about it to admit it. Because, seriously, which bad boy has a spoft spot for cute persons?

 

 

 

''Kyunnie thank you.'' Sungmin skipped after the younger while smiling cutely.

 

 

 

''Don't mention it.''

 

 

 

''You know, you could have bought both the strawberry and the blueberry.'' Sungmin finally dropped the comment with a huge grin on his face. It took a few seconds before Kyuhyun's brain registered what he had just heard, and the he face palmed himself.

 

 

 

''Of course I could have! Gosh why am I such an idiot? And stop smiling like that.'' Kyuhyun paid for the jam and the duo headed towards the exit. Once again they started bickering like two old ladies when they were interrupted by a deep voice.

 

 

 

''Sungmin? Is that you?'' They both stopped walking and turned around. Sungmin's eyes widened in shock when he saw who it was.

 

 

 

''K-Kangin?'' 

 

 

 

''So it really is you.'' Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow and his eyes shifted between Sungmin and the big man called Kangin. He was a little taller than Kyuhyun, and he was wide built just like Sungmin.

 

 

 

''How... have you been?'' Kangin asked awkwardly while scratching his neck.

 

 

 

''I've been just fine. Not like you would care anyway.'' Sungmin snapped back. Kangin sighed deeply with a pained expression on his face.

 

 

 

''Sungmin I-''

 

 

 

''I don't want to hear it. Come on Kyuhyun, the guys are waiting for us.'' Sungmin grabbed a hold of Kyuhyun's hand and practically ran out of the store.

 

 

 

''Wait Min! Slow down.'' Kyuhyun stopped walking, causing for Sungmin to slightly loose his balance and also stop moving.

 

 

 

''Who was that? Do you know him?''

 

 

''I used to.'' Sungmin shrugged his shoulders while looking everywhere but at the younger.

 

 

 

''Sungmin w-''

 

 

 

''Please. Don't ask. Let's just go before the guys loose their patience.'' Sungmin said without waiting for a reply. Instead he continued to walk with Kyuhyun right behind him, who decided it was best not to ask anything at the moment.