Chapter 20

I heard you're a player, so let's play a game

[Two weeks after the little dinner party at Heechul's house]


 

The two weeks went by in a blink of an eye, and soon it was time for Jeju island. It was only one day left and everyone were busy packing. Especially Donghae. The fish looking boy was rambling up all the things on his 'To pack' list while Eunhyuk was watching him in amusement. 



 

They were on their way home from school. This had been their very last day and they wouldn't have to go back there until three whole months. Soon enough they reached Eunhyuk's house and went inside. Hyori wasn't home yet because she had work to do, so the couple was all alone.


 

''You're so cute Hae.'' Eunhyuk pecked his boyfriends cheek before going towards his bedroom. ''Do you mind start making lunch for us? I'm just going to change into something more comfortable.''

 

''Okay Hyukkie.'' Donghae smiled before skipping of to the kitchen.

 


Eunhyuk smiled as he walked into his and Donghae's now shared bedroom. After what had happened in the alley Donghae had moved in with Eunhyuk and Hyori. The fish looking boy hadn't brought that much. Only his clothes, all his plushies and a few more small stuff.


 

And Eunhyuk loved this. Now nothing was going to stop them from being together. Nothing.
When Eunhyuk was done changing he went to the kitchen to help Donghae set up the table. Suddenly the doorbell started ringing furiously. The two boys looked at each other with confused eyes before a voice could be heard from outside.


 

''Donghae open the door now! I know you're in there! Open up, now!'' The voice was followed by loud and hard bangings on the door. Donghae's face went pale as a ghosts when he heard the voice. The younger clinged on to Eunhyuk's shirt and he could feel how he started shaking.


 

''E-Eunhyuk it's my dad.'' Eunhyuk stiffened at the words. ''How did he find me? I-I haven't told anyone where I am except for the guys...'' 


 

''Lee Donghae!'' 


 

''Hyukkie...'' Donghae whimpered as he held on to Eunhyuk tighter. 

 


Right now Eunhyuk didn't know what to do. Should he open the door? Should he call someone? Should he hide Donghae in case his father came in? He had no idea. The sound of Donghae's father yelling and hitting the door only continued while Donghae could feel fear spreading through his body. Eunhyuk quickly turned around and placed a small kiss on top of his boyfriends forehead. He gently smiled at the shorter boy before pushing him towards their bedroom.


 

''Donghae I will deal with your dad. Go to our room, now.''


 

''W-what? No! Hyukkie he will kill you. We need to call Hyori.''


 

''She can't do anything. She's on the other side of Seoul. It will take her too long to get here.''


 

''B-but I-''


 

''No buts. Donghae if your dad finds you here I don't want to imagine what will happen. Just go.'' Eunhyuk pushed Donghae away.

 


Feeling uneasy, Donghae did as he was told. When Eunhyuk knew that his boyfriend was gone he took a deep breath before slowly going towards the door. It sounded like Mr Lee was going to smash the door into pieces anytime now.

 

''Okay Eunhyuk... You can do it.'' The blonde whispered to himself before opening the door.

 

What the blonde didn't know was that Donghae was peeping out from the room just in case he would have to step in. The front door opened, revealing a furious Mr Lee who's face was red from anger. He was taller than Eunhyuk and the blonde swallowed while staring at the tall man. This was his first time meeting Mr Lee and he had no idea he would look so intimidating.


 

''Hello sir I'm-'' Eunhyuk's sentence was cut off when a fist suddenly landed on his face.


 

The impact from the punch made Eunhyuk fall down on the floor. Donghae's eyes widened in shock and he immediately ran to his boyfriends side, completely ignoring his fathers presence.


 

''Eunhyuk!'' Donghae cried out when he saw blood on the side of the said boys lips. ''The brunette looked up at his father with a small tear rolling down his cheek.


 

''W-what are you doing?! Why did you hurt him?!'' 


 

''Don't you yell at me Donghae.'' Mr Lee's voice was stern and cold. So cold that Donghae knew his dad was serious.  

 


''I'm sick of your little gay jokes. If all you want is some attention the you are doing it the wrong way. Forget all abut medical school. You are going to marry Jessica and take over the company, it's final. You are coming home with me, now.'' Mr Lee said as he grabbed a hold of Donghae's wrist.



He forced his son up from the floor and was about to walk out when he felt how Donghae slipped out from his grip. Mr Lee turned around and saw that Donghae was back at Eunhyuk's side. He frowned so much that his eyebrows almost touched while giving his son a disgusted look.


 

''Donghae what are you doing? I told you we are going home.''


 

''No, YOU are going home. I'm staying here.'' Donghae helped Eunhyuk up on his feet again. When Eunhyuk was able to stand straight he shoved Donghae behind his back, showing Mr Lee that Donghae wasn't going anywhere.


 

''Donghae don't be ridiculous.''


 

''I'm not. If anyone is ridiculous here it's you dad. Why can't you just accept that I'm in love with Eunhyuk? Is it really that hard for you to understand that I love a man?''


 

''Donghae we have talked about this before. You are going through a-''


 

''Don't say this is a phase! Dad please don't. Dad I beg you, don't make me choose between you, mom and Eunhyuk.''


 

''Because you will choose him?'' Mr Lee's voice was mocking. Donghae let a small silence go by before he grabbed Eunhyuk's hand.


 

''Yes.''


 

''... Oh god, I can't believe this...'' Mr Lee sighed as he rubbed his temples. Eunhyuk let out a small cough to get his attention.


 

''Mr Lee with all the respect... I love your son. I really do. I don't want to take him away from you, but I want to ask you to accept us. I have a friend who's dad left him because he told him he was gay. That friends father abandoned him and his mother because of it, and he started having troubles because of that. He thinks that just because he's not attracted to women no one will ever accept him for who he is. He's scared of letting people into his life because he thinks everyone will leave him, just like his father did. I've seen how it crushed his heart, how he broke down because of it. He is my friend so of course it was horrible seeing him like that. But Donghae is your son. Please don't abandon him.''


 

''You damn kid... Do you honestly think I believe your story about your 'friend'?''


 

''It's true, Donghae knows him too.''


 

''It doesn't matter. Donghae either you are coming with me now or stay here and never call yourself my son again. I will disinherit you, you will never see Taemin again and never bother coming back home. It's your choice.'' Mr Lee said while glaring at Eunhyuk, who returned it.

 


Donghae's eyes shifted between Eunhyuk and his dad. New tears formed in his eyes when everything started spinning in his mind. He wanted to cry. Scream. Punch the wall. Just something. His family meant everything in the world to him. But so did Eunhyuk. 

 

Donghae felt his heart break when he made his final choice. He shook his head at his father before facing Eunhyuk and pressing their lips together. The monkey looking boy smiled in victory while squeezing his boyfriend's hand when he heard Mr Lee gasp in shock. Only to feel it slip away.

 


''I'm sorry...I can't do this...'' Donghae whispered before walking towards his dad.

 

Eunhyuk felt his heart being stabbed into pieces as he watched Donghae walk away. The blonde was left speechless, and he didn't have any time to react until Donghae was out of the house. Gathering his mind together, he ran after the younger boy while grabbing on to his hand.


 

''W-what? No Donghae don't do this! Please!'' Eunhyuk begged.

 


Without knowing it tears had already begun fall down his cheeks, as well on Donghae's. Donghae carefully slipped his hand out of Eunhyuk's to wipe away his own tears.



''I-I'm sorry Hyukkie... But this i-is for the best... I really wanted to go to Jeju with you... Take care.'' Donghae said before jumping into his fathers car. Mr Lee watched Eunhyuk cry even harder with a grin on his face. When they both made eye contact he grinned even wider and mouthed 'I win' before getting into the car as well.


 

''Donghae don't... Please...'' Eunhyuk whispered to himself when the car suddenly sped away.

 

Eunhyuk watched the car with bloodshot eyes as it became smaller and smaller before it finally disappeared around a corner. Eunhyuk fell down on his knees, not even thinking about that he was out in the middle of a road and that another car could hit him any second. All he did was to cry even harder while biting down on his lower lip. 



 

divider.jpg

 

''Donghae what the !'' Sungmin yelled on top of his lungs through the phone. He, Kyuhyun and Ryeowook were currently at Eunhyuk's house, where everything was turned up-side-down.


 

Eunhyuk had buried himself under his cover on the bed, still crying his heart out. Ryeowook was lying down beside him, tyring the very best he could to comfort the blonde boy. But he couldn't. No one could. Eunhyuk's heart was broken, and the pain was too much for him to handle. 

 

Kyuhyun was sitting on the side, not knowing what to do. The minute they had arrived to the house Kyuhyun had immediately taken Donghae's things, packed them back into the boxes and kicked them down to the cellar. Originally he had wanted to set them on fire, but Sungmin was too scared that Kyuhyun would set the house on fire instead so he took away the lighter from Kyuhyun's hands.


 

''H-Hyung please I-''

 

''No! I don't want to hear it! Donghae what the went through your head!? Your parents hit you! They threatened you! They treated you were an animal! Are you out of your mind?!''


 

''Hyung I did what was best for the moment! I'm go-''

 

''What was best?! Donghae you already broke his heart once!I can't believe you did it again! From now on stay the away from all of us! Especially him! Have a good ing life being bought by Jessica's family! '' Sungmin yelled before he hung up.

 

The aegyo king sighed while sitting down on the couch. He could hear Eunhyuk crying uncontrollably all the way out there.


 

''...'' Sungmin mumbled. He couldn't believe Donghae had done it again. Left Eunhyuk hanging with his heart broken into pieces like this. 

 

''I still can't believe he did this.'' A voice said out of nowhere. Sungmin turned around and saw Kyuhyun. The younger had a pained expression on his face.


 

''Me neither. Do you want to sit down?'' Kyuhyun nodded at Sungmin's question and sat down beside the older. He leaned his head on Sungmin's broad shoulders and they both listened to Eunhyuk crying.


 

''The Eunhyuk Hyung has to put up with... Why can't he ever be happy?'' Kyuhyun suddenly asked. Sungmin could only reply with an 'I don't know.' 

 

''First he lost his parents. Then he found Donghae, but lost him. When he finally got him back he lost him again. Why is it like that Min?''


 

''I don't know Kyu. I don't know.'' Sungmin started playing with Kyuhyun's fingers. They were both quiet and frowned when they saw that it had started raining outside, and dark clouds were covering the sky. It looked exactly like Eunhyuk's heart right now.

 

''Min what are we going to do about Jeju? The flight is tomorrow. Do you think Eunhyuk Hyung can leave with us? Or should we all just skip it and stay with him here?''

 

''Honestly, I think we should still go. If he stays here he will only think of Donghae. I think that if we leave this place then maybe he will be able to recover just a little.'' Kyuhyun nodded in agreement, and couldn't help but feel scared himself.

 

If this was what a heart break was like... Would either he or Sungmin be in this state by the end of October? Would one of them be crying like this, while the other one didn't care?

 

''Sungmin you wouldn't do this, right?'' Kyuhyun suddenly blurted out. Sungmin looked at his with a raised eyebrow while shaking his head in confusion.

 

''What do you mean?''

 

''I mean, IF I would loose, you wouldn't do this like Donghae did, right?''

 

''Of course I wouldn't, do I look like Heechul to you? I would never hurt you like that. Don't worry about it. When I win I will make sure to go easy on you.''

 

''You little... Who said that you are going to win?'' Kyuhyun smirked as he looked at Sungmin. The aegyo king stuck out his tongue while ruffling Kyuhyun's black hair.


 

''I'm teasing you. But seriously, we need to be here for Eunhyuk. I know you've already done it once, but he's still your best friend and he needs you a second time.''

 

''I know that. Of course I will be here for him.''

 

''Good. Then we should help him pack. The flight is leaving Seoul in 15 hours.''

 

divider.jpg

 

And that's how it went. Sungmin and Kyuhyun stayed over at Eunhyuk's house that night to be sure that the blonde didn't do anything stupid. The next morning they both helped Eunhyuk getting dressed, eat his breakfast before Sungmin's mom came to drive them to the airport. 

 


The three of them bid Mrs Lee good bye and after a lot of kisses on the cheek and hugs, she finally let Sungmin go. Kyuhyun laughed at Sungmin while pointing at his now lip-stick smeared cheek and laughed even harder when Sungmin blushed. ''I hate you! Come on Eunhyuk, let's go.''

 

Sungmin yelled as he dragged Eunhyuk away. He still hadn't spoken a word. The crying had stopped hours ago but poor Eunhyuk was still exhausted. His heart was hurting even more now than it had the day before. 

 

''Hey man... I'm really sorry about Donghae.'' Kyuhyun wrapped his arm around Eunhyuk's shoulder, trying his best to comfort his friend. Eunhyuk barley managed to whisper a thank you.

 

When they stepped inside the airport they were met by Ryeowook, Yesung,Hangeng and Heechul who all looked at Eunhyuk with sadness in their eyes. Heechul almost felt like crying when he saw Eunhyuk and was the first one to give the blonde a hug. He didn't say anything.
He just hugged Eunhyuk while hoping that he could at least do something to cheer him up. Eunhyuk weakly hugged him back and excused himself to go to the bathroom. Sungmin accompanied him inside while the rest of the boys went to sit at their gate.

 

''I can't believe Donghae did this. I actually liked him.'' Heechul spat out in disgust.

 

''Me either. But we thought wrong. All we can hope for now is that Eunhyuk can move on.'' Hangeng jumped into the conversation while taking out one of his famous sandwiches.

 

''How can he move on after this? He seriously love Donghae.'' 

 

''I know but... He came over it once, right? If we help him then maybe he can do it again.''

 

''Maybe. But I don't think so.'' An uneasy atmosphere spread over the boys.

 

After half an hour Sungmin and Eunhyuk were finally back. Eunhyuk's eyes were red again and one of the shoulders on Sungmin's shirt was stained with tears. Eunhyuk sat down between Kyuhyun and Sungmin while the two tried to comfort him.

 

Another hour passed and soon it was announced that their flight would take off soon. All the boys gathered their things and made sure that they had their flight tickets. When everything was done they all got in line. For a second Eunhyuk turned around, hoping to see Donghae there and realizing that this was all a dream. But it wasn't. Donghae was nowhere to be seen and he knew deep down that he wasn't dreaming.

 

He would never have Donghae in his arms again. He would never ever be able to look straight into those big tired looking eyes and melt away. He would never hear the words 'I love you' from those beautiful lips ever again. Eunhyuk almost started crying again but snapped out of it when Kyuhyun nudged his side, telling him that it was almost their turn to show the tickets.

 

Eunhyuk quickly wiped away the tears that were threatening to fall. He looked at this flight ticket and saw the plane that would take him away for the summer. He got ready to show his ticket sighed.

 

*Good bye Seoul. Good bye Hae.*