Chapter 24

I heard you're a player, so let's play a game

''H-hey...'' Donghae said and looked straight into Eunhyuk's eyes.


 

Everything stopped. No one in the room made any movement, they all just stared at Heechul and Donghae in disbelief. Especially at Heechul. After what Donghae had done Heechul should especially hate him since Eunhyuk was one of his closets friends. But still here he was. Donghae's suit case in one hand and the other wrapped protectively over the younger boy.


 

''What the hell are you doing here?'' Sungmin snapped.


 

''Hey, watch your tone.'' Heechul snapped back, making everyone gasp.


 

''And why should I? He broke Eunhyuk's heart and left him just like this. Do you have any idea of what kind of state you put him in?''


 

''I-I didn't mean to.'' Donghae defended himself.


 

He scanned Eunhyuk from head to toe and felt his heart break. Eunhyuk's eyes that he loved so much were usually so happy and screamed rainbows and unicorns. But now they were empty, small bags were under them and he hadn't shaved, causing for a small stubble to show on his chin. 


 

A big lump made of guilt formed in his stomach when he also saw that Eunhyuk looked a little skinnier. Was this all his fault?

 


''I don't care about what you meant to do or not. What I want to know is what you're doing here and I want to know it now.'' Sungmin repeated himself.

 


Footsteps could be heard coming from the stairs and Kyuhyun came back. His eyes were still red, but this time he looked mad instead of sad.

 


''What is all the life ab-... Donghae?'' He frowned when he saw the said boy at the door. ''What are you doing here?''

 


''That's what we all would like to know.'' This time it was Hangeng who spoke.

 


''If you es continue to look at him like that I swear to god I will rip your heads off. Just let him explain why he did what he did.''

 


''Why should we even listen to him? Do you think he did was okay?'' 

 


''I didn't say that. Look, I'm not defending what he did, but I know that he did the right thing. I was just as mad as the rest of you but after I talked to Jessica I learnt the true reason. Now sit your asses down and listen.''


 

And so they did. They all sat down on one side in the living room while Heechul and Donghae sat down at the other. Donghae was looking down on his hands, too ashamed to look at unhyuk again. But he knew he had to explain everything while he had the chance.

 

''O-okay first off... Eunhyuk I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I had a plan but it didn't work out the way I wanted. I tried to explain it to Sungmin Hyung when we talked on the phone but I guess everyone were too upset with me to even wanting to listen to me.'' Donghae took a deep breath and continued.


 

''The reason I chose to go with y dad was because of Taemin. Since my dad is so against gays I knew that he would tell Taemin a bunch of lies if I would have stayed. I just had to stay and explain everything to him so that my dad wouldn't make him think otherwise. Guys please understand me. He's my brother. Sungmin you should understand, wouldn't you want Sunny to know the truth instead of letting her live with something that wasn't true?''
Sungmin couldn't disagree with that. He knew that if he was in the situation he would definitely want his sister to know the truth.


 

''I was planning on coming the next day to the plane. But I guess my dad knew what I was planning because he locked me inside my room. He even locked my windows from outside. And he kept them that way for a few days until he knew I couldn't come with you.''


 

''Then how did you get out?''


 

''Because my dad asked Siwon to take me to choose a suit for the wedding. While we were on our way Siwon told the driver to go t the airport. Apparently Siwon,Jessica and Heechul had planned this without me knowing. The next thing I knew I was on the plane here and Heechul Hyung came to pick me up. I almost thought I was getting kidnapped.''


 

''Wait, so what you're trying to say is that... You really do love Eunhyuk Hyung?'' It was Kyuhyun who asked. Yes he knew it was a stupid question, but he had to know the answer. Especially when he himself was trying to figure out some kinds of feeling he thought he might have for Sungmin.


 

''With all my heart. I know Eunhyuk is the one for me and I would never choose anyone before him. I would sacrifice myself for him anytime.'' This time Donghae had enough courage to look Eunhyuk in the eyes.

 


The whole room fell silent. Eunhyuk saw the sincerity in Donghae's eyes. He knew that the other was telling the truth and honestly, he would do it too. When Yesung saw how Eunhyuk and Donghae were looking at each other he signaled for Ryeowook that they should let the split couple have some alone time. They did the same with everyone else and dragged them upstairs, leaving only Eunhyuk and Donghae in the living room. Choco who was sitting in Eunhyuk's lap still wasn't used to her new owner so she ran after Ryeowook.


 

Now it really was Donghae and Eunhyuk left. No one knew what to say so instead they just looked at each other. In the end Eunhyuk couldn't handle it anymore so he was the first one to speak.


 

''S-so... You were really planning on coming to the plane?''


 

''I was. I don't know how my dad knew what I was thinking but somehow he figured it out. He was the one who made it seem like I didn't even want to come to you.''

 

''What is he going to do when he realizes you are not coming back?''


 

''He's never going to speak to me again. Just as he said at your house he is going to make sure Taemin is the new heir of the company and I won't get one single coin when he dies.''


 

''Is that a bad thing? For you I mean.''


 

''I couldn't care less about his money. The way he's treated me my whole life has made me hate him. I did as he wanted before, but that's over now. I came back here because I want to be with you. If you still want me that is. If you still hate me I can ask Heechul to-''


 

''No! No you aren't leaving. Of course I still want you Donghae. How can you even think something else?''


 

''B-because I hurt you. And I thought that maybe-''


 

''Maybe I never wanted to see you again? You are even dumber than you look Lee Donghae. Come here.'' Eunhyuk held out his arm and Donghae didn't hesitate one second to embrace him.


 

''Stupid little HaeHae. I love you. Don't you already know that?'' Eunhyuk ran his fingers through Donghae's brown hair when he suddenly felt something wet on his shoulder. Donghae was crying.


 

''I love you no matter what. I thought I made that clear already.''


 

''Y-you did but...''


 

''But what?''


 

''B-but you're not supposed to hurt the one you love. And I did that to you.''


 

''Hey.'' Eunhyuk pulled away from the hug and cupped each side of Donghae's face. He wiped the tears away from his cheeks and smiled at him. ''You did what you had to. And I understand that now.''


 

''So what? Are we together again?''


 

''Let this answer your question.'' Eunhyuk said before pressing his lips against Donghae's.


 

The shorter boy wrapped his hands around Eunhyuk's neck and new tears fell from his eyes. Only now they were from happiness.


 

The rest of the boys were watching the scene from upstairs. Heechul smiled because he was proud of what he had done and made his friends happy again. Sungmin was also watching the scene and felt like crying.

 


Of course. He was so stupid. He should have understood from that phone call that Donghae was trying to tell him something. If he hadn't hung up the phone then maybe Donghae could have been with them since last week. With a sigh Sungmin left the small crowd and went inside the bathroom, not noticing the pair of eyes that followed him.


 

divider.jpg


 

It was almost sundown. Kyuhyun looked out over the backyard, watching Sungmin as he hugged Donghae and apologized over and over again. In fact, all the guys had done so. They all felt awful by even thinking that Donghae had really left Eunhyuk for good. Donghae replied by telling them that he understood everything. But nothing he said could wash away the guilt. 


 

Kyuhyun grabbed his phone from his pocket and dialed a certin number. He went back into his room and laid down on the bed while waiting for the person to answer.


 

''Hello?''

 

''Hey mom.''

 

''Kyuhyun! Hey how are you?''

 

''Not good.''

 

''Why? Has something happened?''

 

''I guess you can say that.''

 

''Oh dear God what did you do now?''

 

''Hey how do you know I did something?''

 

''Because it's always you. Now tell me what happened.''

 

''Well I made Sungmin mad at me. I have called him some stuff and I haven't exactly been nice to him.''

 

''Like always then.''

 

''Mom...''

 

''Oh I'm just kidding with you Sweetie. Have you apologized to him?''

 

''I tried but he just walked away from me. And now I don't know what to say.''

 

''Okay let's start from the beginning. Why were you so mean to him?''

 

''I-I don't know. I'm scared.''

 

''Of what?''

 

''Because I think I'm falling in love with him. Mom I don't know what to do. I don't want to be in love. What if he hates me?''

 

''Kyuhyun he doesn't hate you. It's just your imagination.''

 

''What if it's not? Mom you have to help me.''

 

''It's not difficult honey. Just tell him how you feel.''

 

''I can't. What if he... What if he leaves me? Like dad did.''

 

''No Kyuhyun! You can't think like that.''

 

''But it was my fault dad left. If I hadn't told you guys that I like guys then he would have stayed.''

 

''No he wouldn't. Kyuhyun your dad is a coward. We never had a happy marriage to begin with so this was bound to happen. You were just an excuse for him to leave.''

 

''But still. What if Sungmin laughs at me?''

 

''He won't. Kyu as long as you're honest with him he won't laugh at you. Just make sure he knows you're serious about him.''

 

''How do I that?''

 

''That is up to you to figure out. Express it in the best way you can think of. Show him how you feel. Take care of him. I'm sorry but I can't help you any more than that.''

 

''Fine. I will try my best.''

 

''Good boy. Oh I have to go now, I'm going on a date.''

 

''Okay. When am I finally going to meet your new boyfriend?''

 

''As soon as you let me meet Sungmin.''

 

''Nari we have to go now or they will cancel our table.'' A deep voice came from the back ground. Probably Mrs Cho's boyfriend.

 

''I'm coming Shindong. Sweetie I have to go now, but do call me if you need me.''

 

''I will. Have fun and say hello to Shindong from me.''

 

''I will. Bye bye.'' Mrs Cho said and hanged up.

 

With a heavy sigh Kyuhyun threw the phone on the bed. He buried half of his face into one of the pillows on Sungmin's side and inhaled the smell. It smelled just like him and Kyuhyun knew that he was acting like a ert, but he honestly didn't care.


 

A small knock on the door brought the brunette back to reality. The door opened slowly, revealing a smiling Ryeowook.


 

''Hey Kyuhyun.''


 

''Hey Ryeowook. What is it?''


 

''I wanted to tell you that you need to get dressed. We're all going to the beach.''


 

''Why?''


 

''There's going to be a beach party and one of Heechul Hyung's cousins are apparently hosting it.''


 

''Thanks for letting me know but I think I will stay here.''


 

''Aww come on, don't be a party pooper. There's going to be food, fireworks and Sungmin is coming.''


 

''Well I'm not so sure he want's to see me.''

 

''I know but if you talk to him tonight he might want to talk to you. I bet he's already forgetting what you said before.''


 

''Maybe. I'll think about it.''


 

''There's nothing to think about. You are getting dressed now and then I will see you at the beach in one hour Bye!'' Ryeowook yelled before shutting the door.

 

 

divider.jpg

 

The night was perfect.


 

A big bonfire lit the whole beach up, the night sky was full of stars and the air was in a perfect temperature. The waved from the ocean weren't too big but not too small either. The smell of hamburgers were everywhere and the music was loud. People were dancing and small talking to each other while enjoying one of the best nights of the summer.

 


He couldn't believe he was here. Sungmin hadn't exactly protested to come to the beach party, but he knew it was going to end up like this. Him being all alone while everyone were doing something else. He knew that Donghae and Eunhyuk were somewhere at the cliffs, doing god knows what now that they were together again.

 

And Kyuhyun? He was probably around here somewhere flirting his brains out. That was at least what he thought. What he didn't know was that Kyuhyun was just a few meters away, looking at him. The rebel knew that Sungmin was still mad.

 


*At least he's wearing the shirt I bought him. Does that count as a good thing?* He thought when he saw Hangeng going to sit down beside Sungmin.

 

''Aish... I need a drink.'' Kyuhyun mumbled before going to the table where they kept the drinks.

 

''Are you okay? You seem kind of down.'' The Chinese man commented in concern as he handed Sungmin a bottle of water since he didn't drink alcohol.


 

''I'm fine.'' The aegyo king smiled and took a sip of his water. Then he began to think of Kyuhyun. How red his eyes had been and how sad he looked. ''Hey can I just ask you something?''


 

''Anything you want to know I will be happy to answer.''

 

''Did Kyuhyun cry before? When the two of you got back I mean.''

 

''Yeah he did.'' Hangeng sighed when he thought back at what had happened at the gym. ''Sungmin he didn't mean to hurt you.''

 

''He didn't hurt me. He just upset me and I wasn't jealous.''


 

''Okay for the first, don't pull that bull with me because I can see everything. And second, I never mentioned anything about jealousy, which means you were.'' A small shade of pink spread on Sungmin's cheeks when he realized his mistake. 


 

''I-I-''

 

''No, let me speak Minnie. I'm serious, he didn't mean to be so insensitive. And even if he hasn't said anything I know he's sorry because he cried because of you. And Cho Kyuhyun doesn't cry unless it's a big deal for him.''


 

''If he's so sorry then he should be the one to say this to me, not you. I'm sorry Hangeng but I'm not feeling good.'' Sungmin stood up and started walking back to the house.


 

Hangeng immediately went to look for Kyuhyun, and it wasn't too hard to find him. Just as expected Kyuhyun was where the food was, and he was holding the biggest hamburger Hangeng had ever seen. Somehow half of the thing was already gone, and that's when the Chinese knew what Kyuhyun was doing.


 

''Hey stop it! You joined the gym just this morning, I am not letting you comfort eating!'' Hangeng yelled as he ripped the hamburger from Kyuhyun's grip.


 

''But Hyung~ Give it to me.'' Kyuhyun whined like a five year old boy.


 

''No, you listen to me. Sungmin is on his way back to the house. This is your chance. Explain everything to him now and make up with him.''


 

''But he won't listen to me.''


 

''Yes, he will. Just go and talk to him and then I promise you everything will be okay. Just go.'' The older boy said reassuringly. 

 

With a small nod Kyuhyun looked at the house and started walking. ''Please dear god if you exist don't let him kill me.''