Chapter 4

I heard you're a player, so let's play a game

Sungmin was standing in front of the full length mirror in his room while trying on different outfits he could wear for the night. His little sister Sunny was helping him since Sungmin was the family's fashion terrorist. And if it was about a date Sunny couldn't let him look just like he wanted.  In the end they finally found something and Sunny smiled at her work. 

 

 

AJ42Iq16.jpg

 

 

"There, now I can let you go knowing that you won't embarrass yourself or me." She sighed and threw herself at Sungmin's puffy bed. "By the way, when did you turn gay?" 

 

 

 

"Got a problem dear sister?" Sungmin smiled while he fixed his hair. 

 

 

 

"If I had a problem then I wouldn't hang out with Tiffany and Taeyeon. It's just that two of my best friends are gay, but I have never picked up any signal of you being one. I mean you have always been a little tutti frutti but I could never have guessed this."
Sungmin laughed at his sister and how frustrated she was that she hadn't noticed anything. Of course it was because Sungmin wasn't gay (or so he thought) so it was impossible for her to guess. 

 

 

 

Suddenly Sungmin's phone vibrated and Sunny got a hold of it before her brother could.

 

 

 

"I will be at your house in one minute. Be ready or else I will your . - KH"
Sunny read the text message out loud while raising an eyebrow.

 

 

 

"Give me that!" Sungmin yelled in embarrassment and snatched the phone away. 

 

 

" your ? Oh yeah, your boyfriend sounds really romantic." 

 

 

 

"Get out! And don't you dare tell mom about the text message. It was just a joke."

 

 

 

"No it wasn't." Sunny smirked and headed towards the door. Sungmin groaned in annoyance and read the text message again.  

 

 

 

" your … Good job Kyuhyun. My sister hasn't even met you and she already thinks you're weird." 

 

 

 

The door bell rang and Sungmin snapped out from his thoughts. He made sure one last time he looked okay before heading downstairs. He looked at the door and saw Sunny going towards it. 

 

 

 

"Sunny no!" Sungmin yelled in horror, knowing that after that text Sunny would say something mean to Kyuhyun.

 

 

It wasn't like he cared about Kyuhyun, he just didn't want Sunny to embarrass him. Although she was two years younger than him she was very protective of her brother. Sometimes a little too protective. 

 

 

 

"I will get it." Sungmin said and pushed her away from the door. The little bunny took one last deep breath before opening the door. When he opened the door he was met by a smirking Kyuhyun, who was leaning against the wall. 

 

 

 

"Hello there Bunny." He said and scanned Sungmin from head to toe.  *Damn, he looks good.*

 

 

 

"Is that him?" Sunny whispered when she saw Kyuhyun. 

 

 

 

"Hey there. I'm Kyuhyun." The taller man smiled at Sunny. "Who are you?"

 

 

 

"I'm Sunny. Sungmin's sister."

 

 

 

"Really? I didn't know you had a sister."

 

 

 

"You never asked me."

 

 

 

"Yeah, but still. How old are you?"

 

 

 

"I'm 16." 

 

 

 

"Okay meeting closed. Let's go." Sungmin grabbed his jacket when Mrs Lee suddenly came out from the kitchen. 

 

 

 

"Sungmin when are you lea- Oh hello." Mrs Lee smiled when she saw Kyuhyun. "I'm Mrs Lee, Sungmin's mom." 

 

 

 

"Hello I'm Cho Kyuhyun." Kyuhyun stood up straight and bowed 90 degrees while smiling. 

 

 

 

"Oh so polite. And handsome. Good job there Sungmin." Mrs Lee smiled while patenting her son's shoulder. 

 

 

 

"Please take good care of my son." Mrs Lee said and a dangerous smirk spread across Kyuhyun's face. 

 

 

 

"Oh I will Mrs Lee. I will take really good care of him."

 

 

"Oh please call me Umma. Now go you two before it gets too late." Mrs Lee started pushing Sungmin outside. "Have fun!" She waved while the two fake lovers started walking away from the house. 

 

 

 

Kyuhyun was waving back while Sungmin was cursing his mom. Take good care of him? In a normal humans mind it must have sound nice, but in Kyuhyun's mind it could only mean something erted.

 

 

 

"Your mom likes me."

 

 

 

"She likes everybody."  

 

 

 

"Yeah but she asked me to call her 'Umma' and how many times has that happened before?" Sungmin had to think for awhile. And when he thought about it, his mom had never asked anyone to call her Umma. Not even a girl he dated for a whole year. 

 

 

 

"I knew it." Kyuhyun smiled in victory. "And there is our ride." Kyuhyun pointed at a black and dark blue motorcycle. 

 

 

 

"It's yours?" 

 

 

 

"No it's my grandmas. Of course it's mine. Come on, jump on." Kyuhyun dragged Sungmin over to the motorcycle and handed Sungmin a spare helmet.

 

 

 

"What are you waiting for? Get on." Kyuhyun ordered while he sat down. Sungmin did as he was told and sat behind Kyuhyun while holding on to the sides of the youngers shirt. 

 

 

 

"Hold on tighter. I don't want you to die. Kyuhyun grabbed a hold of Sungmin's arms and wrapped them around himself tighter. "Hold on now. We're going." Kyuhyun said and started driving. 

 

 

divider.jpg

 

 

After a 20 minute drive Kyuhyun and Sungmin arrived at a bowling alley. Sungmin took of the helmet and began to scan the building. It looked kind of old, but he had been here many times before with both Donghae and Ryeowook so he knew the place was good. 

 

 

 

They started heading inside and as expected, it was full of people. The lamps were off and loud music was playing. It was already time for disco bowling.  "Just so you know, I haven't done this in ages. So don't expect me to be good." Kyuhyun warned and walked up to the man who took care of the bookings. 

 

 

 

They got number 15 as their track and they changed their shoes. They chose the bowling ball they thought was good and started the game. 

 

 

 

"Seems like it's your lucky day. You're up first." Sungmin smiled and gestured for Kyuhyun to move out to the track.

 

 

 

The taller grabbed his ball and walked out. He started swinging the ball back and forth before he finally tried to roll it out on the track. But the players fingers got stuck in the holes, causing for the ball to fly up in the air and then land on the track with a huge thud. In pure embarrassment Kyuhyun ran away and hid behind Sungmin. 

 

 

 

To Sungmin's surprise the ball actually rolled all the way but just when it was about to hit a cone the ball rolled down on the side. 

 

 

 

"Okay that's it, I'm giving up." Kyuhyun growled and his ears turned light red. 

 

 

 

"Don't be a baby, no one saw. Everyone is busy with their own games." Sungmin was right. When Kyuhyun looked up he saw that no one was looking at his direction since they were all busy with their own things. 

 

 

 

"Come on, I'm going to give you a small advice. I think you should start with looking at the small dots on the floor. Try to aim at them and roll the ball at their direction. You still have one more chance before it's my turn."

 

 

 

"Sungmin I really-" 

 

 

 

"Please? Try again?" Sungmin said in an aegyo voice while he pouted. 

 

 

 

*God the person who invented aegyo!* Kyuhyun screamed in his mind.

 

 

 

''Just aim at the dots, you can do it!'' Sungmin clapped his hands and pushed Kyuhyn to go and get his ball. The younger walked back out on the track and looked at the dots on the floor. 

 

 

 

''Just look at the dots huh...'' He mumbled to himself.

 

 

 

''Go Kyuhyun! Fighting!'' Sungmin started cheerleading.

 

 

 

Kyuhyun chuckled and he tried to focus and made another attempt to get a good score. He didn't want to embarrass himself more than he had already done. The ball rolled over the track and it actually hit a few cones.

 

 

''It's an improvement.'' Sungmin smiled at Kyuhyun when he came back.

 

 

''I .'' He crossed his arms and looked down on the floor.

 

 

''Yes you do, but only because you haven't played it in a while.'' Sungmin teased, making Kyuhyun frown.

 

 

''Alright, if you're so good then why don't you show me how it's don then.''

 

 

''Gladly. Now watch and learn from the master.'' Sungmin walked to get his ball and out to the track. 

 

 

''Strike!'' He started yelling happily when he managed to make a strike.

 

 

Kyuhyun's jaw almost fell down on the floor. How was it possible? A strike on the first try?!

 

 

''Told you I was a master.'' 

 

 

''Shut up.'' Kyuhyun mumbled and decided to try again.

 

 

 

And so it went on. Sungmin kept on getting either strikes or spares, while Kyuhyun didn't manage to get more than 5 cones on each turn. When the first round ended Sungmin had managed to get an amazing score of 182 points. Meanwhile Kyuhyun only had 35. 

 

 

"You're… you're getting there. Your style when you play looks much better now." Was all Sungmin could come up with when he tried to comfort Kyuhyun. 

 

 

"Come on, don't act like a grumpy grandfather. Let's play again." Kyuhyun's eyes widened at Sungmin's wish. 

 

 

Hell to the no! He was not going to embarrass himself by playing another round. 

 

"No Sungmin!"

 

 

"Yes Kyuhyun!"

 

 

"I don't want to play anymore."

 

 

"But you're going to. Go and pay for another round while I go and get something to drink." Before Kyuhyun had a chance to talk back Sungmin had already run off. 

 

 

"That little… I will get him." Kyuhyun muttered and went to pay for another round. 

 

 

When he was done paying he went back to the track where Sungmin was waiting for him. 

 

 

"Hey, I forgot to ask what you wanted so I bought you coke."

 

 

"Thanks." Kyuhyun opened the can and drank while he looked out at the track. 

 

"What are you waiting for? You're first." Kyuhyun said and pushed Sungmin out towards the track. 

 

 

divider.jpg

 

 

"Chullie can we go home now?" Hangeng frowned and back hugged Heechul.

 

 

They were hiding at the cafeteria and looked at Kyuhyun and Sungmin. They had been spying at them for a whole hour now. Hangeng looked over Heechul's shoulder and watched the two bowling figures. Sungmin was standing and cheering while Kyuhyun was face palming himself over how worthless he was. 

 

And the worst part was that Heechul was filming all of Kyuhyun's fails on his phone. 

 

 

"No way. I'm having fun recording this." Heechul laughed evily at himself. 

 

 

Hangeng let go of his boyfriend and looked around. Everyone looked like they had so much fun. It was disco bowling after all, and that was the time when couples and friends came here. 

 

 

"Chullie stop that and come with me." Hangeng grabbed Heechul's arm and took him to pay for a round of their own. 

 

 

"But I was spying at Kyuhyun!"

 

 

"I don't care. It's Friday and I want to spend it with you, not spy at Kyuhyun." Hangeng kissed his boyfriends cheek and started paying. 

 

 

"Alright. But get ready to get your kicked Baby."

 

 

"Oh I won't be the one getting my kicked, Baby." Hangeng smirked before the two lovebirds went to find some shoes.