Chapter 15: Sungmin's weird morning

I heard you're a player, so let's play a game

Sungmin was standing in front of a full length mirror in his room while scanning himself from head to toe. He had just woken up and examined the almost invincible small black rings under his eyes. His hair looked like a huge birds nest with small strands of hair everywhere. But the worst ones were the ones who pointed out from right above his forehead, making him look like a human unicorn.

 


He almost hadn't gotten any sleep last night, and it was all thanks to a certain brat named Cho Kyuhyun. And that stupid kiss. No matter how much the aegyo king had tossed and turned, tried falling asleep in different positions and even made warm milk, he would always see the image of Kyuhyun leaning forward to kiss him when he closed his eyes.

 

 

''Aish I hate you!'' Sungmin groaned to himself and sat down on the floor while kicking his legs like a four year old boy.

 

 

''Sungmin. Sungmin darling are you up?'' His mothers voice was suddenly heard on the other side of the door. The exhausted poor thing groaned in annoyance before telling his mom to come inside.

 

 

''Sungmin are you-... What in the world are you doing down on the floor?'' Mrs Lee raised an eyebrow when she saw Sungmin laying down on the floor with his face buried in it.

 

 

''Slowly dying on the inside. Mom I'm depressed I can't go to school today.''

 

 

''You have no choice. Now get dressed and come downstairs, someone is waiting for you.'' At the comment Sungmin finally lifted his head, only to see that him mom was already gone.

 

 

''Who's here? Mom? Mom? Mom!'' Sungmin yelled after his mother, but to no avail. Once again he faced the floor and mumbled 'I hate my life' That's when Sunny passed by the room.

 

 

''Stop being such a girl and come downstairs. That Kyuhyun guy is already having the time of his life with dad.'' Once again Sungmin lifted his head from the floor and looked at Sunny with an raised eyebrow.

 

 

''Kyuhyun?''

 

 

''Yes, Kyuhyun. That freak is downstairs with dad. See for yourself if you don't believe me.'' Without anymore to say, Sungmin was out of his room and downstairs in the flash of the lightning. The second his foot met the floor he heard a familiar laugh coming from the kitchen.

 

 

When Sungmin walked in there he saw that Sunny was telling the truth. Kyuhyun was sitting at the dining table together with Sungmin's dad while eating toast. Toast?

 

 

''And there he is! Good morning Sungmin.'' Mr Lee exclaimed when he saw Sungmin staring at the two men in front of him.

 

 

''Dad?! What are you two doing?!''

 

 

''Don't scream so early in the morning. We're just having breakfast while having a small chat.''

 

 

''That's right Min. Do you have anything against me talking a little with your dad?'' Kyuhyun asked with that smug smirk on his face.

 

 

''No, of course not.'' Sungmin replied with the most sarcastic face he had ever done. ''Kyuhyun can I just talk with you? In private.''

 

 

''Sure. I'll be right back Appa.'' Kyuhyun said as he stood up and walked towards Sungmin with that smirk. He was just about to talk when Sungmin suddenly grabbed the tip of his ear and dragged him away.

 

 

''Ouch! Min Min Min it hurts.'' Kyuhyun hissed as Sungmin opened a door and pushed Kyuhyun inside and closed the door. Kyuhyun looked around and noticed they were in the laundry room.

 

 

''Okay what is going on here?''

 

 

''What do you mean?''

 

 

''I mean, why are you at my house 7 in the morning while having breakfast with my dad and calling him Appa?!''

 

 

''Because he wanted me to call him that after your mom explained that I'm the one you're dating.''

 

 

''And he accepted you so fast?''

 

 

''No, I had to charm him a little and now he practically wants me to marry you.''

 

 

''Oh no! He's walked into your trap.'' Sungmin sighed when he realized his father was probably lost forever now. ''Why couldn't you have been that charming when I first met you?'' Sungmin mumbled while biting his nails.

 

 

''Cute pajamas by the way. Did you buy it when you were 7?'' Kyuhyun asked as he touched the soft fabric of Sungmin's pajama pants. Sungmin looked down and realized he was still dressed in his blue and white dotted pajamas.

 

 

''Oh dear shisus give me strength. Okay this is what we will do. I am going to go upstairs and change into my school uniform, you are going to stay away from my dad and then we can go to school.''

 

 

''Fine.'' Kyuhyun held up his hands in surrender while Sungmin stormed out from the laundry room. Kyuhyun was left alone in the room while laughing to himself.

 

 

*The parents are done. Now there's only Sunny left.* He thought and stepped out from the room, only to be greeted by Sunny who had both her arms crossed and gave him the evil eye.

 

 

''Morning Sunny.''

 

 

''It's not when you're here. What were you and Sungmin doing in there?''

 

 

'' each others faces. Why? Did you want to watch?''

 

 

''You are disgusting. And don't think I don't know what you're doing with my dad.''

 

 

''I'm just having a normal conversation. Nice pigtails by the way. You almost look like that blonde chick from Spy kids.''

 

 

''Bite my .''

 

 

''I would, but I'm saving that for your brother.''

 

 

''Ugh!'' Sunny yelled in annoyance and stormed away towards the front door. 

 

 

''Why are you leaving already?'' Mrs Lee asked when she saw where Sunny was heading. ''Because I need to get away from this!'' Sunny snapped and slammed the door after her.

 

 

''Oh dear... Teenage girls and their temper.'' Mrs Lee shook her head and continued with the dishes. Kyuhyun returned to the dining room and sat down to continue his chat with Mr Lee. 

 

 

''Hello Appa, I'm sorry I had to leave.''

 

 

''No problem Kyuhyun. Knowing my son I guess you just surprised him.'' 

 

 

*You have no idea.*

 

 

''But I want to thank you for being with him.''

 

 

''Thank me?''

 

 

''Yeah. Sungmin thinks I don't know this but... I know he had a relationship with another boy before.''

 

 

''You do?''

 

 

''Yeah. I got small vibes that he was dating, and when he one day came home crying I didn't know what was going on. In the end Sunny told me that Sungmin had been dating a boy and gotten his heart broken. For awhile there Sungmin was pretty emotional, so I decided to pretend like I knew nothing. After a whole year he was finally back to way he used to be, and I don't know if it's because of you or not since I don't know how long you've been dating. But I want you to promise me one thing Kyuhyun.''

 

 

''What's that?''

 

 

''Don't break his heart again. Seeing him like that once without being able to help him was too painful. I can't see him in that state again.''

 

 

''I won't Mr Lee.'' Kyuhyun said after a small pause. Sungmin came down from his room and went to the dining room to grab Kyuhyun.

 

 

''There I hope you are done because we need to go now.'' Sungmin dragged Kyuhyun to the hallway so they could get their shoes.

 

 

''But Sungmin aren't you going to eat something?''

 

 

''I don't have time mom. I'll see you later.'' Sungmin quickly kissed his moms cheek and dragged Kyuhyun outside.

 

 

''Bye Umma! I'll see you!'' Kyuhyun waved to Mrs Lee until Sungmin had amde sure they couldn't see her anymore. 

 

 

''There, now I can let you loose! You animal.''

 

 

''Animal? What did I do wrong?''

 

 

''You know what! I-I mean breakfast with my dad that my mom made and you drank from my favourite cup I just... Ugh!'' Sungmin groaned in frustration. 

 

 

''Hey what's wrong with you? You're so grumpy.'' Kyuhyun said and went behind Sungmin. he placed his hands on the smaller mans shoulders and started massaging them. The sudden contact made Sungmin jump a few centimeters away, making the younger raise an eyebrow.

 

 

''What wrong with you?'' Kyuhyun asked, when suddenly it hit him. ''Don't tell me... Don't tell me it's because of the kiss.'' Sungmin's whole face flushed red after the reminder, and Kyuhyun smirked at him.

 

 

''Min!~ You're blushing and you're mad because you liked it, right?'' Kyuhyun asked as he wrapped his arms around Sungmin's waist from behind.

 

 

''N-no I didn't!''

 

 

''It's okay, you can admit it. But if you do have doubts I'm more than happy to try it again.''

 

 

''Get away from me you !'' Sungmin pushed away Kyuhyun and looked at the buss stop where he took the buss every morning. He sighed when he saw the buss coming and grabbed Kyuhyun's arm. 

 

 

"Let's just go since we're here anyway."

 

 

divider.jpg

 

 

"Where is everyone?" Kyuhyun asked as he looked around when he and Sungmin reached the school. The gate was closed and not a soul was around. 

 

 

"Because we're early." Sungmin replied when he looked at his phone. The aegyo king went to sit down at a bench with Kyuhyun following him like a puppy and doing the exact same thing. Sungmin leaned his head against Kyuhyun's shoulder and closed his eyes since he was still tired from the sleepless night. 

 

 

"Min are you really mad about the kiss?" Kyuhyun suddenly asked, which Sungmin decided to ignore. But the stubborn brat refused to give up. "Min I'm talking to you. Min look at me. Min. Min. Min. Min!"

 

 

"What?!" 

 

 

"You're mad about the kiss, aren't you?"

 

 

"No I'm not. I was just surprised. I haven't kissed anyone since Kangin and I broke up." Sungmin said in a calmer voice. 

 

 

"Do you want to try it again?" 

 

 

"Are you crazy?" 

 

 

"Why not? No ones around and judging by your temper today it's obviously bothering you. Come on...'' Kyuhyun whispered and placed his finger under Sungmin's chin, making the aegyo king look at him. Sungmin immediately pushed Kyuhyun away and shook his head. 

 

 

"No thank you! Just focus on saying sorry to Donghae and Eunhyuk today.''

 

 

''Oh right... I don't want to!'' Kyuhyun started whining.

 

 

''Stop being a baby and grow up, will you? For once stop being so stubborn and just apologize before you seriously ruin your friendship with Eunhyuk! Do you want to end it just like this?!''

 

 

''Of course not! And stop yelling will you?!''

 

 

''What am I supposed to do when you act like a child?! Stupid...'' Sungmin mumbled the last words but they were loud enough for the younger to hear. Feeling irritated, Kyuhyun turned his back to Sungmin and scooted over to the other side of the bench.
Silence fell over the two boys and the atmosphere was more than tensed.

 

 

The day was sunny and warm. The sound of trees breezing and birds only made it better. And it would have been perfect if the Kyumin hadn't decided to ruin it by screaming at each other.

 

 

Right now Sungmin wished for nothing more than to Donghae and Ryeowook to come so he could escape from Kyuhyun. The silence was interrupted by the sound of someone whistling.

 

 

''And what do we have here? Has the Kyumin couple had another fight?'' Heechul asked as he came walking towards them together with Hangeng. Their arms were linked together and Heechul looked as if he never planned on letting the other go.
The only answer Heechul got in return was silence, proving that he was right.

 


 

''Okay, come on. Tell Dr HeeHee what's wrong.'' Still, silence.

 

 

''Heechul I think we should leave. They don't seem like they're in the mood to talk.'' Hangeng suggested when he saw the look in Kyuhyun's eyes. The look that showed he was going to explode if anyone annoyed him right now.

 

 

''Nah, we're still early. Seriously, you two fight way too much. I'm so happy that me and Hannie are nothing like you two.''

 

 

''Go away Hyung.'' Kyuhyun suddenly talked, desperate to get rid of the diva.

 

 

''After the chaos you created I don't think you should tell me what to do. Are you ever planning on sorting things out with Eunhyuk and Donghae?''

 

 

''Leave me alone Hyung.''

 

 

''He's right Kyuhyun.'' This time it was Sungmin who spoke. ''You need to sort it out with Eunhyuk, and do it today. Then you can apologize to Donghae as well.''

 

 

''Fine! If it will make everyone happy then I'll do it!'' 

 

 

''Do what?'' Another voice suddenly popped out of nowhere. Everyone turned their heads towards where the voice came from and saw Eunhyuk and Donghae. Their pinkies were hooked together since they couldn't do more when they were in public like this
and Donghae had a small band aid on his nose. It didn't surprise anyone that there were monkeys on it.

 

 

''This is your chance. Do it.'' Sungmin whispered and pushed Kyuhyun to stand up. The younger immediately protested and tried to sit down again, when Sungmin kicked his so that Kyuhyun stumbled forward and stood right in front of the EunHae couple.
The said brat sighed deeply before finally standing up straight and opened his mouth while facing the ground.

 


 

''Donghae Hyung I'm so sorry for pushing you. It was wrong of me and I'm really sorry. Eunhyuk Hyung I'm sorry for hurting your boyfriend and for what I said. I didn't mean any of it. I know you love Donghae very much and that you were heartbroken before because of how much you missed him. And I'm also sorry for what I said about your parents. I wasn't in my right mind that day and I don't know what I was doing. I don't expect it, but I hope you can forgive me. You can hit me or whatever you want. As long as you don't hate me.''
Kyuhyun said as he closed his eyes, waiting for a punch.

 

 

Eunhyuk looked at the brunette beside him with questioning eyes, and Donghae nodded in reply. The blonde took a step forward and looked at everyone around them, and then at Kyuhyun.

 

 

Suddenly Kyuhyun felt how someone embraced him, making him open his eyes. That's when he realized both Donghae and Eunhyuk was hugging him.

 

Okay... Now he was confused.

 

 

''You're a ing Kyu, you know that? But I forgive you.''

 

 

''You do?!''

 

 

''Yes, but it's all thanks to Donghae. He helped me realize that no matter what messed up you do I will always forgive you as long as you're sorry for it.''

 

 

''So... I'm forgiven?''

 

 

''Well not completely. As your punishment you are going to do both our math homeworks for two months.''

 

 

''I can do that.''

 

 

''AND, you have to clean my room.'' Eunhyuk evilly smirked and watched in amusement as Kyuhyun's eyes almost popped out from his head.

 

 

''C-clean your room?!'' Kyuhyun yelled in pure horror.

 

Yes, he was prepared to do almost anything for Eunhyuk to forgive him, but cleaning his room was not one of them. Eunhyuk's room was pure disgusting. He always had some sort of magazine lying around, his old unwashed socks from who knows how long were piled up under his bed together with dust rats everywhere over the floor. Different types of clothing were spread out everywhere on the floor and the desk. But the most disgusting thing still made Kyuhyun shiver. He had once sat down on a chair in Eunhyuk's room, and felt something sharp in his . When he stood up to see what it was he found cut of toenails.

 

 

''Hyung have mercy on me! I can work in your aunt's garden, I will do both yours and Donghae's home works in all subjects until summer vacation but please, don't make me clean your room!''

 

 

''Sorry Kyu, but just like you I can be a . Have fun!'' Eunhyuk evilly laughed as he walked away together with Donghae.

 


 

''Good luck man, you're gonna need it.'' Hangeng patented Kyuhyun's shoulder before he and Heechul followed after the EunHae couple. Kyuhyun was left alone with Sungmin and the poor boy looked destroyed. He was doomed. He could might as well go and shoot himself before entering Eunhyuk's room.

 

 

''See how easy things can be if you just stop being stubborn?'' The aegyo king said. Kyuhyun scoffed and crossed his arms without looking at the shorter man.

 

 

''I'm sorry for screaming at you Kyu. And here you go.'' Sungmin cupped Kyuhyun's cheek and before the rebel had any time to react he felt how his lips were pressed together with Sungmin's.

 

The whole world stopped and Kyuhyun froze in his spot when he once again felt those soft pink lips. After a good 10 seconds Sungmin pulled away and smiled at the younger. ''Come on, we're going to be late for class.'' He said and walked away.

 

Kyuhyun stayed in his place and saw how Sungmin walked away, just he himself had done the night before. He slowly touched his lips and groaned in frustration. What was Sungmin playing at?

 

''We're closing the gate!'' A teacher yelled as she and another one started closing the main gate to the school. Kyuhyun started cursing before he ran towards the gate so he wouldn't be shut out.