Chapter 10

I heard you're a player, so let's play a game

 

It was too early for this. It was only 8 in the morning, people were preparing to start cheering for their teams and it was so damn cold! Who in their right mind would actually agree on playing soccer outdoors when it was only the start of April?
 
 
 
 
Kyuhyun growled in annoyance, not believing Sungmin had dragged him up 7 in the morning just to watch a stupid soccer game. And on top of that his whole body was sore. Because all 8 of Sunny's friends were going to sleep over they needed every single mattress in the house, including the one Kyuhyun slept on last time.
 
 
 
 
After a long time of arguing Sungmin finally agreed on letting the rebel sleep with him on the bed. However when Kyuhyun accidently touched Sungmin's back he had been kicked down on the floor and been forced to sleep there. 
 
 
 
 
"Kyu… I'm sorry." Sungmin pouted when he saw how Kyuhyun was sitting. They were up on the bleachers with Eunhyuk. Sunny and her friends were also there, ready to cheer on Donghae when he would come out. 
 
 
 
 
"Kyuhyun I'm so sorry, but what do you expect when you hump my back while you're sleeping?"
 
 
 
 
 "My back is ing hurting. And I wasn't humping you! Haven't you ever heard of moving in your sleep?" 
 
 
 
 
"I'm sorry. Let me help you." Sungmin moved up one seat and sat behind Kyuhyun. He carefully started massaging the neck before moving down to the shoulders. Kyuhyun closed his eyes and took a deep breath when he felt how his muscles  started relaxing. It actually helped and his poor old back needed it after a whole night down on the hard floor. 
 
 
 
 
"Is this okay? Am I doing it too hard?"
 
 
 
 
"No, it's good. Keep going." Kyuhyun finally started relaxing. 
 
 
 
 
"Is this okay? Am I doing it too hard?'' Eunhyuk mimicked Sungmin's voice with a hug grin on his face. ''Why don't you two get a room?''
 
 
 
 
''We've already slept in a room together twice, which is two times more than you and Donghae.'' Kyuhyun replied back and leaned his back on to Sungmin's chest when he started feeling sleepy. The massage was making him tired and since the audience hadn't started cheering yet he thought it was okay to take a quick nap.
 
 
 
 
''Kyu you can't sleep here.'' Sungmin nudged the youngers side when he felt the heavy weight on his chest.
 
 
 
 
''Shut up, it's your fault. Just let me sleep.'' Kyuhyun felt how he started drifting away to sleep when suddenly...
 
 
 
 
BANG!
 
 
 
 
Kyuhyun immediately opened his eyes and looked around when he heard the sound of door slam open.
 
 
 
 
Donghae's team came out running to the football plan and everyone on the bleacher stood up to clap their hands. Kyuhyun felt like crying when he realized he wasn't going to get any sleep.
 
 
 
 
''Sungmin I want to go home!''
 
 
 
 
''Be quiet, the game is going to start!'' With a small pout on his face Kyuhyun crossed his arms and looked out on the football plan.
 
 
 
 
 
divider.jpg
 
 
 
 
''It's okay Hae! You'll get it next time!'' Eunhyuk yelled from his spot next to the Kyumin couple, cheering for his boyfriend who just missed a chance to score.
 
 
 
 
Donghae groaned to himself while waving to Eunhyuk. No matter how much the brunette was trying to focus on the game he couldn't. Not after what had happened the night before.
 
 
 
 
He had been busted. And not just by anyone, but his too religious derpy cousin Siwon. It surely was over now. He knew Siwon wasn't really accepting of gays, just like his parents. It was only a matter of time now before his parents would find out about Eunhyuk and they would be split up again. Then he would be shipped of to Japan and be forced to work in that old sushi restaurant.
 
 
 
 
The mere thought of being there made him want to jump of a bridge. And not to mention that he would be miles away from Eunhyuk. 
 
 
 
 
''Lee Donghae! Focus on the game before you get to sit through the rest of the game!'' The coach yelled furiously when he saw how Donghae was spacing out. Donghae snapped back to reality and tried to focus on the game. His teammate Minho was coming running towards him with the ball.
 
 
 
 
''Donghae, here!'' Minho yelled and kicked the ball towards his friend. Donghae took it and started running towards the other teams goal, when suddenly one of the opponents pushed Donghae to the side so he could grab the ball for himself.
 
 
 
 
''Ahh!'' Donghae yelled on top of his lungs when he felt an intense pain in his ankle. The judge stopped the match when he saw the brunette cry while holding onto his ankle. Everyone from the team ran up to see what was happening, while the audience also became quiet.
 
 
 
 
''...'' Eunhyuk cursed to himself and jumped down from the bleacher to see what had happened.
 
 
 
 
''Donghae are you okay? What's wrong?'' 
 
 
 
 
''M-my ankle...'' Donghae replied to Minho who took of his shoe. The brunette could feel how his teammate pulled down his sock, only to reveal a blue and swollen ankle.
 
 
 
 
''Oh no... Donghae you can't play with this. You need to cool it down before it swells up too much.''
 
 
 
 
''B-but Minho I-''
 
 
 
 
''Donghae don't talk back on me. I'm the captain and what I say goes. You can't play with this or else you will only hurt yourself more. Jongup can you help him to the changing rooms?''
 
 
 
 
''I will do it.'' Eunhyuk butted in. He grabbed Donghae by the waist and helped him stand up. 
 
 
 
 
''Alright, you make sure to rest and do something about that foot. And you, no more playing for today! You can sit on the bench and watch your team instead.'' The judge yelled at the boy who pushed Donghae, who also received death glares from Eunhyuk.
 
 
 
 
''Donghae! Are you okay?'' Sungmin came running with Kyuhyun lazily following behind him.
 
 
 
''I sprained my ankle... Hyung it really hurts.'' 
 
 
 
 
''Is there anything I can do?''
 
 
 
 
''I think you can go home. He can't play anymore anyway so I'll take him home. And I think Kyuhyun needs to sleep.'' Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow when he saw how Kyuhyun was leaning onto Sungmin's back with his eyes closed, not seeming to be the least worried about Donghae.
 
 
 
 
''Okay... Thank you Eunhyuk for taking care of him. I'll call you later Hae.'' Sungmin smiled and walked away with the half sleeping brat on his back.
 
 
 
 
divider.jpg
 
 
 
 
''A-ah it hurts!'' Donghae flinched when he felt the ice cold cloth against the swollen spot on his ankle.
 
 
 
 
''I know Hae, but I need to do this or else it won't get better. Now hold still.'' Eunhyuk firmly grabbed a hold of his boyfriends ankle and carefully placed it on the swelling. ''I swear I will kill that guy for hurting you like this.''
 
 
 
 
''It was an accident.''
 
 
 
 
''It wasn't. I had my eyes set on him during the whole game and believe me, he planned this.'' Eunhyuk placed Donghae's foot on a pallet he found in the janitors room before sitting down beside him.
 
 
 
 
The blonde carefully grabbed his boyfriends hand and enjoyed the comfortable silence that was in the room. The only noise that could be heard was an occasional cheering from the audience outside. While Donghae was spacing out (as usual) Eunhyuk chuckled at the cute face he was making.
 
 
 
 
''Eunhyuk I'm going to Japan.'' Donghae suddenly blurted out, making the other raise an eyebrow. What did he just hear?
 
 
 
 
''What are you talking about Hae? Why would you go there?''
 
 
 
 
''Because my cousin busted me. You know, Siwon.''
 
 
 
 
''What? How?''
 
 
 
 
''He had seen Jessica going inside Sungmin Hyungs house alone last night with all her sleeping stuff when we had told my parents she was going to be with me. And then he waited outside my house until I came home. He saw us. He saw us and now he's going to tell my parents.''
 
 
 
 
''Donghae-''
 
 
 
 
''No Eunhyuk, you don't understand. Siwon is just as religious as my parents are, if not more. He doesn't think two males or two females should be together. It doesn't matter to him if I'm his cousin or not, he's going to tell them and then I will be gone!'' Donghae finally burst into tears while clinging on to Eunhyuk's arm.
 
 
 
 
The news were too shocking for Eunhyuk. At the moment he didn't know what to say, so he simply wrapped his arms around his boyfriend. It couldn't be true. Donghae couldn't leave him. Not now that they had finally found back to each other again. 
 
 
 
 
''Don't cry Hae, don't.''
 
 
 
 
''H-hyuk I can't do this! I can't go to Japan, I just can't. I don't want to leave you...''
 
 
 
 
''You're not going to leave me. I'm not letting that happen, and you know that. If Siwon do tell your parents about us then I will find a way to let you stay. You won't go to Japan.''
 
 
 
 

''How do you know?'' Donghae asked before he felt how Eunhyuk pulled away from the hug to look into his eyes. Eunhyuk wiped away the tears from his boyfriends face while showing a gummy smile.

 
 
 
 
''Because you're mine. And I never let go of something that belongs to me.'' Donghae chuckled at the comment and stop his crying for a few seconds.
 
 
 
 
''What am I, a dog?''
 
 
 
 
''No. You're my HaeHae. Don't worry Baby, we will find a way. We always do. So stop crying and change into your normal clothes because there's someone I want you to meet.'' Eunhyuk stood up and looked for Donghae's bag with his normal clothes.
 
 
 
 
''Who?'' Donghae asked as he pointed at the direction where his bag was.
 
 
 
 
''My parents.''
 
 
 
 
divider.jpg
 
 
 
 
''Min I'm cold. Min you're hot. Min I'm thirsty. Min I'm hungry. Min I'm sleepy. Min you have a nice .'' That was what Sungmin had heard constantly for 30 minutes already.
 
 
 
 
At the moment he regretted that he had denied Kyuhyun some warm chocolate. They had walked past by a shop and Kyuhyun whined about getting some hot chocolate since he was freezing to death. When the youngers wish had been denied he wouldn't stop bothering Sungmin.
 
 
 
 
''Min yo-''
 
 
 
 
''Fine! I'll buy you that freaking chocolate if you're that desperate! Stay here and don't move.'' Sungmin finally lost his patience and went back to another small shop where they sold warm drinks.
 
 
 
Sungmin looked at the menu and saw that they didn't sell hot chocolate, but they did sell Chai lattes. *Good enough for that brat* Sungmin thought to himself as he ordered two of them. One for him and the other for Kyuhyun.
 
 
 
 
''Thank you.'' Sungmin bowed to the old lady who handed him the lattes and walked outside.
 
 
 
 
As he was walking with the two warm drinks warming his hands he stopped when he hear a familiar laughter. The small man looked towards the park and saw Kangin. Walking hand in hand with another guy with sand blond hair and a skinny body.
 
 
 
 
The man looked as if he was around the same age as Kangin as well. The complete opposite of Sungmin. They were both laughing and looking as if they were having the time of their lives. Plus Kangin looked as if he had lost some weight.
 
 
 
Without noticing it found himself staring at them, almost picturing himself how he and the older had looked like that exactly one year ago.
 
 
 
 
''There you are! I thought you were dead or something.'' Kyuhyun suddenly popped out from nowhere with a small smile on his face, snapping Sungmin back to reality.
 
 
 
 
''Are you okay?'' Kyuhyun asked when he saw how dazed Sungmin looked. Almost as if he wasn't present.
 
 
 
 
''Y-yeah I'm fine. They didn't have chocolate so I bought a Chai latte instead. I hope it's okay.''
 
 
 
 
''Chai latte?!'' Kyuhyun's eyes lit up when he heard what Sungmin just said. He grabbed one of the cups from the olders hand and smelled it to see if he had heard right. When the wonderful cinnamon smell spread around in his nose all he could do was smile. Sungmin chuckled at the sight of seeing Kyuhyun so exited about something so small like a simple warm drink.
 
 
 
 
''I see you seem to like it.''
 
 
 
 
''Are you kidding? I love it! My mom almost wanted to put me in rehab when I refused to stop drinking it.'' Kyuhyun smiled and the two started walking home again. 
 
 
 
 
While they were walking Sungmin could once again hear the sound of Kangin's laugh as he leaned down to kiss the skinny man. A weird feeling spread around in Sungmin's body when he couldn't stand to watch the scene anymore. Somehow there was something that didn't seem fair.
 
 
 
 
Kyuhyun was blowing on the warm drink in his hand, hoping that it would cool down enough so he could start drinking it soon when he suddenly felt a small hand clinging on to his fingers. He looked down and saw Sungmin was trying to hold his hand.
 
 
 
 
 
''What are you doing?'' Kyuhyun asked as he opened up his hand so Sungmin could hold it. ''You always scream when I touch you.''
 
*Not that I mind this.* Kyuhyun thought as he looked at the hands.
 
 
 
 
 
''It's nothing. Just let me do this.'' Sungmin said as he leaned his head on Kyuhyun's shoulder.
 
*I need to forget him. I need to move on* Sungmin closed his eyes and tried to relax.
 
 
 
 
While the older seemed completely calm Kyuhyun was screaming inside his mind. Sungmin's hand was so small, soft and chubby at the same time. Their hands actually fitted quite well together and Kyuhyun was surprised when he didn't see any scars on the soft baby skinned hands. Unlike his who were covered in all sorts of wounds and scars from the fights he used to have with his dad.
 
 
 
 
''Hey... Isn't that Donghae and Eunhyuk?'' Sungmin suddenly said when he saw Donghae and Eunhyuk walking together.
 
 
 
 
Donghae's arm was wrapped around Eunhyuk's neck so he could have some support while he was walking because of the badly sprained ankle. Sungmin raised an eyebrow when he saw them walking to the graveyard.
 
 
 
''Kyu where are they going? Kyu?'' Sungmin looked up when the younger didn't answer, only to see a small smile plastered on his face.
 
 
 
 
''I guess Eunhyuk Hyung decided it was time for Donghae to meet his parents.''
 
 
 
 
''His parents? At the graveyard? Wait... Does that mean-''
 
 
 
''It means exactly what you think. They're dead.''
 
 
 
 
divider.jpg
 
 
 
 
The graveyard wasn't Donghae's favorite place. Ever since his grandmother had died and his parents forgot him there after the funeral it always gave him the creeps. It was as if the dead were watching him when he walked past their graves. 
 
 
 
 
''Here they are.'' Eunhyuk whispered when they arrived.
 
 
 
 
Donghae looked at the grave they had stopped at, and it was beautiful.
Purple candles were lit and white flowers were lying beside them, which probably meant that Eunhyuk's aunt had been there already.
The gravestone was in grey stone with black text written on it.
There were also a picture of Eunhyuk's parents together that had been taken the day before they died.
 
 
 
 
''Hello mom! Hey dad! Long time no see.'' Eunhyuk smiled at the grave as both he and Donghae sat down in front of it.
 
 
 
 
''There's someone I want you to meet. This is Donghae, my boyfriend. Donghae this is my parents.'' Donghae didn't really know what to do. Eunhyuk was speaking as if his parents were still there and he felt a little awkward talking to a stone.
But if it was for Eunhyuk's parents then he didn't mind.
 
 
 
''H-hello. I'm Lee Donghae.'' The brunette bowed to the grave with a small awkward smile. 
 
 
 
 
''See mom? I told you I was going to win him back. And it's not because he's just anyone. He's my HaeHae. We fell apart after the summer, but we're together again now. And I'm not letting him go this time, no matter what anyone will say about our relationship. Why? Because I love him.'' Eunhyuk turned his head away from the grave to look straight into Donghae's eyes.
 
 
 
 
''Because he is the only good thing that had ever happened to me. Because even though I when it comes to keep my temper in control he always have patience with me. Even though I'm not very handsome, have much money  or much else to offer he is still here. And if his parents so much as tries to send him away I won't let that happen. He is too precious too me.'' Eunhyuk felt as he was going to cry. Donghae saw it and pulled him in for a hug.
 
 
 
 
''Hey... What is this? Just awhile ago it was me who was crying and now you're starting too? We should be called the cry duo or something.'' Eunhyuk chuckled the bad joke and pulled away from the hug.
 
 
 
''I'm not crying yet. Hae what I saw was true. Even if Siwon do tell your parents about us I will talk to them. You're not going anywhere, I swear.''
 
 
 
 
''Do you swear on it?''
 
 
 
 
''I swear.''
 
 
 
''Pinky promise?''
 
 
 
 
''Pinky promise. Come here.'' Eunhyuk grabbed his boyfriend by the neck and pulled him in for a kiss. Donghae didn't deny it, but responded instead. It was only a small and sweet kiss, but it was enough to send electricity around in both their bodies. 
 
 
 
 
''God you make me crazy.'' Eunhyuk whispered as he pulled Donghae back into his embrace. Donghae glanced back at the grave and couldn't help but smile when he saw the photo of Eunhyuk's parents smile back at him.
 
 
 
*I will take care of him for you. Don't worry.*
 
 
 
 
divider.jpg
 
 
 
 
It was dead silent in Sungmin's room. He was sitting at his desk while looking at the sleeping brat on his bed. Kyuhyun tightened his grip on the olders white pillows while scratching his before turning around to sleep on his back. 
 
 
 
 
Sungmin chuckled at the cute scene. This was probably one of the few moments when he didn't feel 100% annoyed by the youngers presence because, well, he was asleep and therefore he couldn't open his mouth to say something that would make Sungmin want to jump of a bridge.
 
 
 
''Ouch!'' He growled and looked at his fingernails. He been biting on them so much that he couldn't come any further. If he tried then he would probably end up biting them off completely.
 
 
 
 
There was only one reason to why he was bitting so much on them. It was because of Kangin. He couldn't get the older out of his mind, and it was driving him crazy. This couldn't go on anymore. 
 
 
 
 
They both needed a closure, and they needed it now. Without any further thinking Sungmin grabbed his phone and dialed Kangin's number. After only two signals a deep husky voice picked up the phone with a 'hello.'
 
 
 
 
''It's me. Sungmin. You're right, we need to talk. But not now. I'll text you when I'm done at school on Monday so you can come and pick me up. But before you think of what you're going to say the remember that I don't want any excuses from you.'' Was all Sungmin said before he hanged up without saying goodbye.
 
 
 
''Aish... Why is this my life?'' Sungmin rested his head on the desk while closing his eyes. He was probably going to regret this, but to hell with that. This needed to be done and he wasn't going to back down. Not this time.