Kyung Kyung 29

Triangle

“No, I’m not. Why can’t you understand this simple thing I told you each time? Is it that hard to keep this thing in that melon head of yours?” she sigh. And still denying the fact that she is Hong Yookyung. The girl I’m looking for all this while.

            “Then, how did you know Hoya? Why are you getting fired up when I’m talking about Eunji wants to kill Naeun? Why is that? Can you please explain to me?” I ask her. Looking straight into her eyes. She avoided my gaze.

            “You…you know. When someone wants to kill someone, you will get fired up. That’s normal for human, am I right?” she gave an excuse. I smirk.

            “Stop making up stories. Just admit it. You’re Hong Yookyung, right? Why is it so hard for you to admit? You’re afraid that I’m going to hurt you again? You’re afraid I’m going to play with your heart again? Is it?” I ask her. She kept in silent.

            “Say something,” I’m forcing her.

            “Yes. I’m Yookyung. Hong Yookyung. Are you happy now?” she finally admit it.

            “Why is it so hard for you to admit it before?” I asks her.

            “Because, I’m happy living like this. As a florist. Act like I don’t know you. And don’t want to. I’m happy. Really happy. I don’t have to get hurt like before. I don’t have to act like I’m so strong facing all the hurtful feelings. Acting like I’m so strong when my husband that I love care so much for my bestfriend. I’m happy this way. I can be myself. I’m…I’m so sad. I’m so sad when I see you’re back. Back into my life. I’m so sad. I can’t imagine my life after this if you ever recognized me before. But you did,” she told me. Her eyes filled with tears.

            “Why did you have to feel that way?” I ask her. I feel hurt. I feel hurt hearing her saying that she is not pleased to see me.

            “You don’t feel what I felt before. I don’t want to get hurt anymore,” she said.

            “You won’t. I didn’t ask you to come back to my life. I just want you to save your bestfriend that I care so much. Because I don’t want her to get hurt. I don’t want anything to happen to her. You already know that I care for her right? So, why don’t you help this husband that you love so much to avoid Naeun from getting hurt,” I lied. All I just said, it was a lie. Although I know, that means I hurt her. Hurt her feelings. But, this is the only way. And the lie I told her, cause her tears to broke into pieces.

            “I will. I will help you. I don’t want my bestfriend to get hurt too. But you need to know one thing. Jung Eunji, is the girl who’s working with me at the florist café. She is the one who keeps serving you each time you came. She is not a killer. That Hoya guy lied to you. To all of you. He never came to see me. He won’t hurt Naeun. Believe me. The only thing he wants all this while is me. So, nothing is going to happen to Naeun. That’s all I can help you with,” she said and was going to walk out of my car. I held her hand.

            “What do you mean by he wants is you, all this while?” I ask her. She crept a small smile.

            “He didn’t tell you, aren’t he? He likes me. He wants to marry me. But I rejected him. Right after I ran away from home. He came to see me. He proposed me. I didn’t accept him. Instead, I left out of country. He gets mad. He can’t think straight. I heard, one day he gets crazy and trying to kill one of his neighbor inside the lift. That’s how he got into the  rehabilitation center. From your story, I bet he’s out now. And he’s hunting for Eunji and of course, me,” she said, calmly.

            “Then, you’re in danger. Why would he look for Eunji if the only person he wanted is you?” I ask her.

            “I never in danger, Sungyeol-ah. This time, if he wants me, then I’ll surrender to him. Why would he be looking for Eunji? That’s because Eunji is the one who brought me out of country. She’s the one who’s been helping me all this while. And she likes him. He gets annoyed by her. For him, she just needs to get rid out of his sight to get me. He knows she likes him, but he never likes her. Poor her, right? But for now, she didn’t like him anymore. Well that’s because, come on. Who would like someone that used to almost kill random people, right?” she told me. I don’t understand her. Why does she looked so calm when someone is hunting her?

            “Explain in details,” I said.

            “It’s simple. Hoya likes me and wants me. But Eunji likes him. Eunji can’t stand of Hoya who keeps harassing me after I ran away from home. So, she took me out of country. Hoya gets mad and depressed because of Eunji’s doing.  So, he hold a grudge on Eunji for doing so. Because of Eunji, he entered the rehabilitation center. Because of Eunji, he can’t get married to me. And that’s why he wants to get rid of Eunji,” she explain. Her tears are now dry on her cheeks. She crept a small smile.

            “But, you’re not going to marry him, don’t you?” I ask, slowly.

            “Why wouldn’t I? I will, if he came looking for me,” she said.

            “But, you’re my wife!” I shout at her.

            “You can just divorce me. And I’ll get married to him. It’s not that hard right? You just want Naeun to be safe. And this clearly shows that this matter has got nothing to do with Naeun. Naeun is safe now. You can live happily together with her and your baby,” she said.

            “You really have decided? You’re not going to regret this right?” I ask. I’m so hurt with her words. How can she said something like that so simply?

            She nods. “No, I’m not going to regret this,” she said and was about to get out of the car.

            “Wait,” I stop her. “You said, lived happily with Naeun and my baby? What do you mean?” I ask her. I just realized that one thing she said to me.

            “Your baby? The one Naeun bring along to see me a few days ago,” she said and out of the car. That is not my baby, Yookyung-ah. That’s Myungsoo’s.