Kyung Kyung 28

Triangle

I don’t know why but I feel unsafe these few days. I feel like someone is peeking on me. Is it him? Is it Lee Sungyeol? The guy who claim to be a husband who loves his wife so much? But, it couldn’t be him. Why would he peek on me? He can just come here like he always does and talk to me like usual. I look around my shop. There’s no one but I feel like someone here.

            “Yookyung-ah,” someone called. That’s kinda shocked me. I turn back to see who’s coming. It’s him. Lee Sungyeol. I’m glad it’s him. Not because it’s him, but because he came. At least, I know he won’t harm me.

            “What are you doing here again? I thought you’ve lost interest on me after a long time,” I said cynically. Turning back to the counter and pretend to get busy.

            “I don’t have time to argue with you. Please come with me somewhere. Someone trying to kill you,” he said nervously. What does that mean? I mean, I do feel unsafe these days but that doesn’t mean someone would want to kill me. And who is that someone? Why would he or she want to kill me? Like so badly.

            “And I don’t have time to believe in your words,” I told him.

            “Please,” he held my hand. I look at him. He nods several times with a pity face. He then slowly pull me out of the counter and bring me to his car. He lightly push me inside the passenger sit and run to the driver sit. He drove away from my shop.

            “Why do I even follow you?” I mumbled in the car after a long silence. Loud enough for him to heard me.

            “Because it’s for your own safety. I don’t want you to get hurt,” he said. Without looking at me and just focusing on the road.

            “Why would anyone kill me? I am nobody,” I said. He suddenly push the brake and the car stop immediately. Luckily I wear the seatbelt. Luckily.

            “You are somebody. You are Hong Yookyung, a girl who being love by Hoya, a boy who being love by Eunji. That Eunji girl wants to kill you for the sake of her having Hoya alone and wants to kill Naeun because of some reason even I’m not sure what,” he said, seriously.

            “Wh..what are you talking about?” I gulp. And stutter.

            “Do you want to save Son Naeun?” he ask.

            “I don’t know who is she but I wouldn’t want someone to be killed because of me. So yeah,” I said. He sigh heavily.

            “The only way to save her is you to admit that you’re Hong Yookyung and not Kim Yookyung. Now, I mean it. Now! Admit now, Hong Yookyung!” he shout at me.

           

Flashback

            “I can’t believe you’re forgetting me. I can’t believe you pretend to not recognize me, Yookyung-ah. I can’t believe this. Yookyung-ah, please. Please tell me this is all an act. Please,” she beg me. I sigh. Heavily.

            “I’m sorry,” I said.

            “Is it true? You didn’t remember me?” Naeun ask again. I look down, avoiding her gaze. I can’t look at her, crying. I’m hurt. Inside me, I’m hurt.

            “I’m sorry for forgetting you. I didn’t mean to. I..I just don’t want to be back to that hurtful memories, Naeun-ah. Tell me. How can I forget you? How can I? How could I?! I’m so cruel to forget you that completely. I just…it’s the only way to make him believe that I am really not the Yookyung he knew, his wife. It’s the only way,” finally I let out what I’ve been keeping inside my heart all this while.

            “So, you remember me?” she asks again. I nod. She immediately hug me. I hug her back. So tightly.

            “Please don’t tell anyone about this. Even Myungsoo,” I beg her after broke the hug. She smile and nods lightly.

            “I respect your decision. But please, come back to us when you’re ready,” she said. I nod and smile.

Flashback end

           

            “I’m not! I am Kim Yookyung! Please understand. I’m not Hong Yookyung. But, if you need my help, I can help. Just…don’t force me to be the Yookyung you want me to be. Please,” I beg him. He let out a deep sigh.

            “ARGHHH!!!!” he shout and crushing his head against the steering wheel. I look to the front. At the road.

            “I’m sorry,” I tell him.

            “Hoya said he came to see you. He said you didn’t recognize him. That’s why he’s looking for Naeun. He tells Naeun that Eunji wanted to kill you because Hoya likes you but she also likes Hoya. But, everything goes wrong and Eunji trick Hoya. She asks Hoya to kill me to get you but Hoya also needs to kill Naeun because she knew that Hoya likes you. If Naeun knew that I’m dead because of you, then Hoya will get exposed,” he said.

            “Why the hell would Hoya tells Naeun that story? Are you kidding me? Eunji is the girl working with me right now?! She will kill me before you tell me this if she want to! Hoya is tricking all of you!” I shout. I become angry. Without realizing.

            “How do you know Hoya? You said you didn’t know us so why would you know Hoya?” Sungyeol ask, looking at me.

            “I..err..I,” I stutter.

            “You are Hong Yookyung, aren’t you?” he asks. Again.