Kyung Kyung 24

Triangle

              I came back to the florist café. To meet her. My wife. I’ve think about it all night. I know there must be a reason for her to not recognizing me. And I’m so sure it’s not because of amnesia if what Myungsoo told me yesterday is true. That Yookyung kept sending a letter to her daddy’s company and come out with a solution for the damage that happen in the company.

              “Excuse me miss,” I remark the staff that I usually get my business done with. She turn around, facing at me.

              “Oh Mr. Lee again! What made you come here today? Any other occasion that needs you to bring a flower? And you know, what kind of flower do you want?” she ask in a full speed. Wow, okay! Take it easy girl!

              “Nope. I’m not here for flowers. Instead, you know why I’m here. I want to have the drink I had yesterday and I want to meet your boss. Is she around?” I ask. She smile, nods.

              “If she isn’t here, I’m sure you won’t stay right? You’ve always been her coffee lover and die hard fan. Wait for a while okay? I’ll get my boss serve for you. Don’t worry, my boss and I are best friends,” she said and wink. Then, she went to the back of the shop.

               I walk out of the café and sit at the place I sat yesterday. People rarely come to the florist but this florist café have quite a lot of customers. I’m sure it’s because of Yookyung’s coffee. I never know she’s an expert of making coffee.

              “Here’s your drink. Please pay at the counter. Thank you,” someone suddenly approach me. It’s Yookyung. She was about to go when I grab her hand.

               “I’ll pay that later. But for now, can we talk?” I ask, slowly.

               “Look mister. I don’t know how you know my name, but I seriously don’t know you,” she said, turning back. She pulled her hand off from my grip.

               “Let’s sit down first,” I suggested. She sigh heavily and took a sit beside me on the round table. I smile and took a sip of my drink.

               “What is it you want to talk about?” she ask.

               “So, it’s true that your name is Yookyung?” I ask. She nods. “Hong Yookyung? Your family name is Hong, isn’t it? And you have a step brother named Sunggyu? Same dad, different mum?” I ask again. Attacking like a bomb.

                 “It’s Kim Yookyung. I just got back from the States and I’m a adopted child. But my family died in a car accident and who the hell is Sunggyu? Is he some kind of a singer?” she ask. She looks real! I don’t know. But, I felt confident with her answer.

                  “Kim? Kim Yookyung? Ah, damn it! I’m so sorry about yesterday. It’s my fault. I just thought you’re someone I knew before. That’s why I came back to confirm. I’m sorry, okay?” I tried to distract her with something I called, ‘pretend to believe what her saying?’.

                  “Oh..hmm…that’s okay,” she muttered.

                  “Thank you,” I thanked her. She nods slowly. Okay, now she looks suspicious. I knew it! She do know me! She is Hong Yookyung! I can confirm that.

                   “Don’t mention it. Anyway, if there is nothing else, I need to continue my work. You know, this isn’t the time for chit-chating,” she said and was about to get up. But, once again I pull her hand.

                    “Can we be friends? I mean, I couldn’t find that someone called Yookyung I’m searching for, so maybe I could be friend with Yookyung I just met?” I ask. She hesitates.

                    “Urm..sorry. I don’t friend with strangers,” she said and pull her hand. She quickly get back inside her shop and disappear to the back.

                     “So, I’m a stranger to you. Well, we’ll see,” I speak to myself.

 

^^

                     “Hello, can I speak to Son Naeun?”

                      “Yes, it’s me. Who’s speaking?”

                      “Can we meet? I have something important to tell you. About your friend, Hong Yookyung. The long lost girl,”

                      “What? Wait. Who is this?!”

                       Tett..Tett..Tett..