Kyung Kyung 19

Triangle

I hope you’ll live your life happily without me.

 

***

            I woke up to see dear husband, Lee Sungyeol sleeping soundly on the floor without any blanket and pillow. It’s a pity to see him sleeping like that, but what can I do? He chose to sleep that way. I never asked him to sleep without any blanket or pillow, am I?

            I got off from the bed and walk downstairs. I saw Sungyeol’s mummy and daddy are eating breakfast at the dining room. I walk to them and sit at an empty place. They looked shocked seeing me but didn’t say anything.

            “Keep eating and pretend like I’m not here,” I said and spread some butter on my bread. But, the keep looking at me. I put down my bread and look at them.

            “If you can’t understand Korean, should I speak Spanish?” I ask them, with a poker face.

            “How did you get here?” they ask, although they’ve seen me grabbing my bread. I mean, starting to eat my breakfast. At least, peacefully.

            “I took her,” a familiar voice answer instead of me. Oh, the husband.

            “Please sit down, Sungyeol-shi. Make this like your own house,” I said, inviting the husband to eat breakfast on the same table with me and his parents.

            “It is my house,” he said. Took a sit beside me.

            “Maybe you’ve forgotten but this house belongs to me when we get married. Let me remind three of you that your family have gone bankrupt. Sorry to use the harsh word but in this morning? I can only think of those. Continue, and after getting married, the CEO position is mine and I’m not yet sign the contract saying that I’m giving this Lee’s family the 10% shares that I promised and that’s how we still stuck in this marriage,” I said and leave the dining table.

            “She sure have changed a lot through this whole year,” I heard Sungyeol sighing heavily.

 

^^

            I called Sunggyu oppa to pick me up before he drove to his clinic at the Lee’s residence. I just can’t stand staying here for even a single minute because it’s suffocating. I don’t know when and why I’ve become this tough, but I like it so far.

            “How come you’re at his house? Have you two get along?” Sunggyu oppa ask after a long silence in the car since he picked me up.

            “Not exactly. He was just being responsible for what he did to me last night and I can guarantee you wouldn’t want to know what he did,” I told oppa and playing with my phone. It’s better that way than entertaining another ‘question attack’ from oppa.

            “Unfortunately, I do want to know what he did,” he said.

            “He bring me somewhere and expect me to go home myself and how the hell I do that and then he brought me to his house and now I’m here inside your car while you’re riding me home, I play with my phone. Satisfied, lovely brother who needs to get kick for making lovely sister not in mood early in the morning?” I ask.

            “Yeah. You can kick me tonight,” he said. Don’t mention it. I’m going to do that oppa. Just wait for the moment to come.

            “By the way, the house they’re living is mine. So, could you please do me a favor?” I ask Sunggyu oppa. He nods.

            “I forgot it’s yours from a year ago. What is it that I need to help you with?” he ask.

            “Sell that house and bought them an apartment. They’re not that qualified enough to stay in that kind of house. Don’t you remember? They’re just a millionaire who went bankrupt and live on our sympathy,” I said without feeling guilty.

            “How come you become this harsh, Yookyung-shi? Since when? I never knew you got this side in you,” Sunggyu oppa ask with a firm tone.

            “I also never know, oppa. Situation and time turn me into this. You should get used to me being like this later. Because I’m thinking of living my whole life being this cruel,” I said with a smile. “Anyway, thank you for sending me home. Have a safe journey to your clinic,” I told him and got off from the car as oppa already stop in front of our house.

            “I’m sorry, oppa. I’m doing this so that the family will hate me and leave us living our life,” I sigh. I look back and see Sunggyu oppa’s car drove away. I’m sure he’s mad. And that’s why I’m sorry.

 

^^

            It’s been two days since I last talk to Sunggyu oppa in the car. I told you. He’s mad. The last time I saw him also, there’s no conversation between us. He only passed me the documents of the apartment he bought for the Lee’s family and that’s all.

            “Oppa,” I called him. He sat on the couch at the living room, reading a newspaper. Since it’s Saturday. He didn’t bother to reply nor took a glance on me.

            “I know you’re mad. But, this is not the way for revenge. Here,” I said and passed him a brown envelope. He didn’t take it. Instead, he walk away from me.

            I sigh heavily. I took a sit on the couch. I look at the envelope on my hand. I put the envelope on the glass table, in front of the couch I sat on. I know. He’ll come back. And read the letter, inside the envelope. I believe in you. Oppa.

            I went back to my room and shut the door slowly. I look around my room. ‘Clean’. I smile to myself. We’ll meet again, room. I promise.