Kyung Kyung 26

Triangle

It’s been a week since his last visit to the shop. I’m trying to stop thinking about him, but I just can’t. And I don’t know why. Sometimes, I will be waiting for his presence at the front door. Waiting for him to come. With that smile on his face. And even today, I’m waiting like crazy for the man who’ll never come again. Never.

            “Hi,” someone remark me. I look to that tall girl standing in front of me. “Still remember me? Son Naeun,” she ask. With a smile on her face. And a little boy on a stroller beside her. Her baby.

            “Son Naeun? I think I’ve heard that name somewhere,” I said. Avoid her gaze and turn my body.

            “Of course. You’ve been living for 25 years hearing that name for almost everyday until the last one and a half year,” she said again. I ‘tsk’ed her. Cynical smile appear on my face. I can see she’s taking a sit in front of me by taking a glance towards her.

            “I’m not yet 25, Miss Son,” I told her.

            “You will. In a week,” she said. She hold my hand on the table. I look at her. Into her eyes. “You look pretty. As usual,” she said again.

            “Thanks,” just a simple thanks for her compliment. I appreciate it.

            “I miss you, Yookyung-ah. You cannot lie to me. I knew you since we were child. I know how you really are. I know whenever you lie. I know whenever you sad. I know whenever you happy. I know all of that. You can lie Sungyeol but not me. We grew up together. Please. Even if you don’t admit it to Sungyeol, admit it to me. You are Hong Yookyung. Not Kim Yookyung. Right?” she suddenly cry.

            I pull back my hand.

            “What are you talking about? Why are you crying?” I ask her. Panic.

            “I can’t believe you’re forgetting me. I can’t believe you pretend to not recognize me, Yookyung-ah. I can’t believe this. Yookyung-ah, please. Please tell me this is all an act. Please,” she beg me. I sigh. Heavily.

 

^^

            I drove back to my apartment. I can’t believe Yookyung said that to me. I can’t believe it all. My tears keep rolling down to my cheek. I took a glance to my baby boy beside me. Baby, that’s your aunty. The one that will love you how much mama and papa loves you. The one that will take care of you when mama and papa weren’t there for you. That is the person.

            I arrived home after 15 minutes of driving. I walk slowly to the elevator and going up to my apartment. I saw Myungsoo cleaning the living room right after I open the door. “What are you doing, papa?” I ask him. Hugging him from behind. After pushing my boy stroller to the couch.

            “I’m cleaning the house, mama. Are you tired? Do you want me to make you some hot chocolate?” Myungsoo ask as he broke the hug and put his hand on my shoulder. I shook, lightly.

            “Nope. Mama wants to spend time with you, papa and baby boy. It’s been a long time since the three of us together. Our time always get interrupted by pabo Sungyeol,” I told him and smile. He chuckle and peck my lips.

            “So sweet my mama. Okay, let me finish this first in a few minutes. Then, we’ll spend time together okay?” he said. I nods. He then wipe the glass table and walk to the kitchen. Few minutes later, he came back to the living room and sit beside me whose playing with baby boy on the couch.

            “My boy so cute like mama,” Myungsoo said and rest his head on my shoulder.

            “My boy so cute like papa,” I said and pinch Myungsoo’s nose. He chuckled a bit.

            “So, how’s your meeting with our baby’s aunty? Did she recognize you? Or pretend to not recognize?” Myungsoo ask while playing with my fingers.

            “So far so good. I even cried. I don’t know. When will she gave Sungyeol a chance,” I told him. In a very mysterious answer.

            “I don’t understand. Does that mean, she finally confessed that she actually remember all of us?” Myungsoo ask. Immediately pull his head up and look at me. I tip my shoulder. And shook my head.

            “I also don’t know,”