SPECIAL CHAPTER

What did I ever do?

10 Months later

Looking over the small island in their kitchen Tao smiles at the scene in front of him. Kris and Onew were currently trying to bribe Xin into saying their names first. Apparently, they decided to make it a game after Xin called him Ma, though he had a feeling that she was spouting nonsense and randomly said it as baby babble. Despite him telling himself that, Tao couldn’t deny his excitement when she had said Ma, even know she would continue babbling Ma over and over again. Tao jumped when he felt arms wrapping themselves around him

               “What are you smiling about,” Kris says resting his head on Tao’s shoulders. “Mm, just about how childish my daughter and husband ar-ouch!” Tao feels a small nip on his neck, he looks up at Kris. “What was that for?!” he glares at him before flicking water into his face. Kris closes his eyes and releases his grip on Tao “I’m not childish, I just want Xin to know who I am!” Tao rolls his eyes. “I think she knows who you are Kris, just let her call you papa, or dad, or father at her own pace” Kris pouts before nodding his head, he leans in and quickly pecks Tao’s lips before running back to Onew and Xin who were watching them from the dining table.

“Dad! Mom! Why do you have to be so gross!” Onew squeaks out and she covers Xin’s and her own eyes not minding Xin’s attempt to remove her fingers. “We’re not gross! It's called love honey!” Sighing Onew childishly glares at Kris “You’re ew dad! How could you do this in front of a baby!”

“You’re just jealous you have no one to kiss! Onew is jealous! Onew is jealous” Kris chants out before abruptly stopping as he feels a small whack to his head.

“Kris, stop it! You are EW. You’re currently acting more childish than Xin. Look at her she’s done with your ” Kris glares at Tao and looks over to Xin who was currently looking at his confused. “Ma!Ma!” Xin giggles out and motions Tao to pick her up with grabby hands. “Let’s get you cleaned and ready for bed baby” Kris watches as Tao picks Xin and litters her face with kisses. “Can I help you wash her mom?” Onew props her head on Tao’s shoulders and reaches to pinch Xin’s cheeks. “Yes, let’s hurry along. We don’t want to have a grumpy baby in the morning because of their lack of sleep tonight, do we?”

“Nope, that’s why dad has to sleep now, he’s so annoying in the morning. Such a moody baby” Kris whips his head towards Onew and pouts “HEY! I’m not a moody baby” Kris defends as Onew and Tao laugh at his defense. “I know that you’re just a baby” Tao gives Kris a kiss before he heads upstairs with Onew following him to the master bedroom. Smiling to himself, Kris ran after them. “Hey don’t forget about me!”

Entering the room, he saw Xin giggling the on the bed as she tried to get away from Onew and Tao’s hands which were attempting to remove her clothes. “Xin baby! Please stop moving. Don’t you want to take a bath?” Tao laughed out as Xin continued to wiggle within his grasp. Slowly Kris came into the master bedroom and swept Xin into his arms before kissing her exposed stomach. “Is someone being a bad girl right now?” Xin looked down at Kris and continued to giggle as if she wasn’t causing any trouble. “Why don’t you want to take a bath?”

“Don’t you want to see Mr. Duckie?” Onew spoke. Xin whipped her head towards Onew before making grabby hands towards her. “Hnya” Xin whined in Kris’s grasped. Chuckling Kris handed her off to Onew before she made her way into the bath. “Isn’t she cute?” Tao scoffed sitting on their bed “Only when you’re here, she’s a nightmare at times”

“But she’s still cute” Laying down onto the bed Kris hears Xin’s and Onew’s laughter and splashes from the washroom.

“Of course! She’s our little evil adorable nightmare” Tao says sarcastically. Kris sighs. Thinking back to all the things they’ve been through. He still can’t believe this is his life right now, who would have thought he could ever be this happy. He must have saved the world in his previous life to have such a happy ending.

 “Tao?”

“hmm?” Kris stays silent and just stares and Tao

“Nothing” Tao tilts his head to the side and stares curiously at Kris. “what Kris?” “I said I was nothing” Kris pulls Tao into his embrace. “I mean it. There’s nothing wrong. I’m just happy that you’re here” He buried his face into Tao’s hair.

“Me too, I’m happy as well” they stayed on their bed embracing each other listening to the sounds of Onew’s and Xin’s laughter in the background. After a couple of minutes, Kris looks down at Tao before realizing that his little panda has fallen asleep. Smiling, Kris gently removes Tao from his chest before directing his eyes towards the bathroom. He laughs when he sees Onew red face. “Are you done bathing Xin?”

“Yes Appa”

Apaa!” He hears Xin scream.

Kris rushes into the bathroom and sees Xin sitting on the floor in her diaper. “HAHA! SHE CALLED ME FIRST!” he stuck his tongue out at Onew. “Appa, Xin already called me before look”

Xinny Baby what’s my name” Onew smiled at Xin

“ONEW!” Xin giggled, before clapping her hands together. Kris stood there shocked, how could he be the last person she would name? (He’s the third). He walked up to Xin before getting onto his knees. “Xinny, do you not love Appa? You don’t love me do you!?” Kris cried out before getting smacked by Onew “Appa, stop being so overdramatic. She said your name a long time ago, you were never home to experience it” Onew lied and rolled her eyes.

Reallyy?!?!?” Kris’s eyes lit up

“I guess you are Daddy’s little girl, aren’t you?” Kris littered her face full of kisses making Xin giggle as his stubbles tickled her face.

“Did you have a fun bath? Hmm did you?” Kris coos at his daughter before lifting her up. “Let’s head over to Xin’s room, I don’t want to wake your mother up” Nodding Onew picked up Xin’s laundry before following Kris to Xin’s room to dump her clothes into the hamper.

“Appa, I have a boyfriend” Kris whipped his head to face his daughter

“A WHAT?!” Kris’s deafening scream awoke Tao who came running into the room to find his daughter crying in his husband’s arms and Onew sheepishly staring at Kris

TAOZI MY BABY GOT A BOYFRIEND” Kris cried out

“What’s wrong with her getting a boyfriend? Give me your daughter you’re so childish Kris. It’s just a boy” Kris stared hopelessly as Tao took Xin before turning his attention to Onew

“Tell me it’s a lie! APPA DOES NOT AGREE WITH THIS!” Marching over towards Onew, Kris held grabbed her hands

“It’s a lie, right? It must be an April fools joke, haha it must be. No one is worthy enough to date my daughter!” Tao rolled his eyes at Kris’s actions. He married an idiot instead of his prince charming, oh what luck.

“Where did you meet him?” Tao questioned

“At school, we found out we were going to the same university”

“Onew, no more school! You’re grounded, no you’re under house arrest!” Kris spluttered out

“You’re being unreasonable Kris, it’s just a boy!” Tao put Xin down into her crib before ushering them all out. “So, what’s his name Onew?” Tao said giving him a sly smile.

“Minho…” Onew blushed. Seeing her blush put Kris on the edge. “Onew! You can’t see this guy! He’s bad!” Kris muttered curses under his breath.

“You should invite him over Onew, I want to meet him. I need to speak to you guys about safe an-”  

“Umma! We’re not even that far into our relationship yet!” embarrassed Onew decided to bid her parents' goodnight before rushing into her room. Taking his eyes away from Onew, Tao looks over to Kris judging him as he mutters curses under his breath. Sighing he drags Kris into their bedroom. “Give it a break," Tao says before heading off to take a shower. The rest of the night is uneventful ignoring Kris talking to himself, Tao rolls over to face Kris "Kris if you don't shut up, you're going to sleep on the couch tonight" at that Kris becomes silent and just as Tao is about to fall asleep, Kris's whisper reaches his ear. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I could probably kill him and get away with it right? I mean……. I have connections” Kris whispered. 

 

And that night everyone was fast asleep except for Kris who was twisting and turning all night long on their couch.