What am I to you?

What did I ever do?
KRIS’S DAD AND GRANDFATHER (SO KRIS’S DAD IS GOING TO BE CALLED KRIS’S FATHER AND THE GRANDFATHER WILL BE CALLED MR. WU) NO CONFUSION FROM OLD CHAPTERS         

~MAIN HOUSE? ~

“Son” Mr. Wu slowly stood up from his seat when his son barged into his home office

“Chairman Wu,” Kris’s father said slowly. Mr. Wu sighed and looked at the papers in his hand before setting them down.

“Do you think I raised you, right?” Mr. Wu said while he walked towards his son.

“…. yes” Kris’s father was confused

“No, let me rephrase that. Did I raise you properly” Mr. Wu looked at his Son with a pained look. He knows his son will never call him, dad or father. Because that’s the way he was raised. Sometimes he wonders if he raised him properly.

“You know when you were young I hate you, I wanted you to disappear. Do you know that your grandmother and I were forced into this marriage when my lover went and married my brother?” Mr. Wu gave an airy laugh.

“I was too weak, she told me. I wasn’t dominating enough to become chairman when I got older, and since I couldn’t get the spot I wouldn’t be able to support her! What a joke, look at where I am now. I wanted you to be strong, and independent. I didn’t want you to be like me. Getting tossed aside when they get a better opportunity. I didn’t want you to be deceived by money, hungry women. You were everything I used to be when I was younger, and I thought to raise you this way would help you. It may have it may have not, I wouldn’t know since I was never there for you. You married someone somewhat acceptable and I left you alone, but something about Kris and Tao ticked me off.” Mr. Wu glared at the wall

“You know why? It's because my lover was also pregnant when we were together but she got a goddamn abortion when she decided I wasn’t good enough for her. That manipulating woman was just like Tao in the beginning, humble, obedient and nice. But I know one day It will change” Mr. Wu went silent.

Kris’s father cleared his throat not liking the silence “That would never happen. But that’s not what I want to talk to you about”

Mr. Wu lips formed a small smile, he, of course, knew the answer. “Why are you here son? I don’t care if you call the police.”

“Are you just going to let me called the police on you without letting you have a chance to defend yourself?”

Mr. Wu gave a small chuckle “Let me ask you something. Would you have called the police if your significant other was almost killed?”

“yes,” Kris’s father said breaking the eye contact he had with his Father, feeling rather uncomfortable seeing emotions flash through his usual stern eyes

“Then, why don’t you? You found out it was me who created the plan and hired Mr. Song. So why not?” Mr. Wu took a step towards his Son

Kris’s father straightens his back as his father took a step towards his. This situation reminded him of when he used to get in trouble with his father. “It just wouldn’t be right”

“Why do you say that? I almost killed your son-in-law! That is a serious offense, First-degree murder charge”

“Why do you want me to call the police! Why can’t you just tell me that you’re sorry! I don’t want you to go to jail!” Kris’s father knew that this wasn’t an everyday fight, Tao almost died because his Father hired someone to do it. But he didn’t know what to do.

“What do you want to do? Why are you asking me what to do? It's your decision.”

“I…. I don’t know”

“Why are you always doing everything I ask of you. Do you not feel uncomfortable to know that I can control you?” Mr. Wu lowered into a frustrating tone.

“It's not that! You’re my father for god sakes! I can’t throw you under the bus. No matter what you’ve done you are my father. I’m going to let Tao and Kris decide what to do with you because this isn’t about me” Kris’s father blurted out. When he realized what, he said he looked at his Father with wide eyes. Never in his life has he called him father, he was never allowed to, after getting punished many times because he called him that. He never understood why he wasn’t allowed it was probably a method used to cut emotional ties with one another. Like his father said, he hated him when he was born.

Unable to look at his father he headed towards the door to leave. Mr. Wu stared at his son's back as he was leaving his room.

“Son, I may not have raised you properly. But I think you’ve grown up just fine” Mr. Wu said in a soft voice. As he watched his son leave his office.

 

TOTALLY NOT RELEVANT TO THE PLOT. LUL SORRY IF I WASTED YOUR TIME