Forgiveness [END]

What did I ever do?

Tao sat in the hospital bed waiting for the doctor to clear him so he could finally go home. He felt lonely without Kris and his baby girl, they were going to come back soon but an hour felt like an eternity for him. He whipped his head towards the door smiling thinking Kris decided to come early today but instead of Kris and his baby girl Kris’s Grandfather came through the hospital door. “ah- Sir” he bowed his head. “raise your head” Tao flinched at his rough voice, he stared at the older man with slight fear in his eyes. Was he coming here to finish the job? “Don’t worry child, I’m not going to do anything” He sighed “I’m here to talk”

 

“I actually wanted to apologize for my actions, I shouldn’t have done that to you. I just wanted Kris to live a good life, find a good woman or well man” He spoke the last part in a whisper. “You don’t have to accept this apology after my actions were to do you harm. But please do not leave Kris or hate the family. I realized that I was wrong and instead of protecting this family I think I almost broke it apart” Kris’s grandfather voice was filled with regret

 

“Sir, please don’t apologize anymore. I’ve already forgiven you” Kris’s grandfather laughed before giving Tao a sad smile “Tao, I’m old and I don’t have much time left in the world. You know what I realized? I think I wasted my youth on anger and jealousy. I have a son who doesn’t love me and grandson who hates me. I wish I was more forgiving like you when I was younger, maybe I could have avoided all these things.” His eyes dropped and he sighed.

 

 “Sir, it may not be my place to say but I think you’ve been looking at your life all wrong. Despite what you think your son and grandson don’t hate you as much as you think, and to be honest with you. I’m glad your lover was a gold digger because if you didn’t marry your wife you wouldn’t have your son who you’re so proud of and I wouldn’t have Kris and we wouldn’t have had made Xin. So please don’t regret or hate your life. I think everything happens for a reason. And I’m pretty sure your wife loved you because if she didn’t I don’t think Kris would exist” Tao smiled at the older man. “Children are made from love, whether it is passion or lust. Either way, you must have had some feelings for your wife despite your denial” Kris’s grandfather lips twitched a bit, the let silence consume the room. “I think you’re right,” he thought back to all the memories he has with his wife before they split.

 

Just as they ended their conversation the hospital door flew open and angry Kris walked in along with his parents and Xin “Why are you here Oldman! You aren’t allowed to be here!” Kris’s loud voice woke Xin up and her cries echoed through the hospital room. “Kris!” Tao scolded and picked Xin up “He’s here to talk to me. He didn’t do anything wrong.” “HE DIDN’T DO ANYTHING WRONG? ARE YOU CRAZY!? HE TRIED TO KILL YOU TAO!” Kris shook his shoulders and Xin cried harder “KRIS CALM DOWN!” Kris turned his head to his dad before look back at Tao and Xin. “ah I’m sorry” he walked out from the room to cool off. “Sir, you should leave,” Mr. Wu said to Chairmen Wu. “I will leave, pardon my presence I didn’t mean to create such disruption” He looked at Tao “I’m sorry for making your daughter cry, I don’t think I will see you anymore. Farewell, I apologize once again Tao. I’m extremely sorry”

 

“Dad, could you call Kris back here?” Tao frowned he didn’t want everyone to be so angry. “I’ll call him” Mr. Wu stepped out of the room. “Tao, are you okay? He didn’t do anything did he?” Mrs. Wu sat in the visitor’s seat. “No, Mom. He didn’t do anything” “Okay, just tell mom is anything happens okay sweetie?” Mrs. Wu smiled and ruffled his hair.  After an hour Mr. and Mrs. Wu left to attend their meeting. Tao was worried since Kris hadn’t returned in quite a long time. By the time Kris returned Tao had already fed and lullabied Xin to sleep. Kris stepped into the room with his head down in shame. “Kris, where were you? I was so worried” He whispered. “I had to calm myself down. I’m sorry seeing my grandfather just pissed me off”

 

“Please don’t hate him. He’s just made a mistake and nothing happened, I’m fine. We’re all fine” Tao begged. Kris stayed silent “Baby, I don’t hate him. But I just can’t forgive him” Tao opened his arms and Kris walked into his embrace. “I understand, and please don’t be angry anymore…you were a bit scary” Kissing his forehead Kris agreed. “Ok, I’ll try not to. Are you ready to go home now?”

“Yeah, the doctor said I could go home hours ago”

Alright, lets get you and baby Xin home. Onew must be worried since I told her we be back by the time she comes home from school” Kris grabbed Xin’s baby carrier before helping to get up.

“Are you ready to go home?

“Ready” Tao grasped onto Kris’s hand. 

 

TAO’S POV

 

It’s been 5 months since the whole ordeal, Kris decided not to press ow!” Kris yelped as I smacked him. “humph, ” “Tao baby I lo- ““WAHHHHHHH” Kris was cut off by Xin’s loud cries. I gave him a peck on his cheeks “He’s still your grandfather Kris. Please don’t’ hate him. Go to work, you’re late” “I’ll try for my beautiful wife” I felt my cheeks heat up at his words. “I’m not your wife yet” He walked up to me and kissed before heading out “yet, baby. Soon you will be” charges against his grandfather despite his father’s strong opinion. His Grandfather decided to retire and travel the world staying far away from the whole family. Even thought Kris’s father has complained to us multiple times about us letting him go to easily and how he could have killed little Xin, but know he feels relieved that his father wasn’t going to prison. I wonder if he was a daddy’s boy instead of a mama’s boy protecting his father while hating on him at the same time. “Tao!” I turned over and saw across our kitchen island. “Yes?” “You were spacing out for a moment there, I call your name a couple of times. Is everything alright?” I smiled at him “Everything is okay, I’m just thinking about you grandfather” His face turned blank as soon as I mentioned him, I guess he hasn’t healed from the incident. “Why are you thinking abut him, he’s just lucky you didn’t want to press any charges” “Yea yea, I know. You’ve repeated it so many times, yapping away at why he ” I tried to lighten the mood. Maybe I shouldn’t have told him, I should have known better than to bring it up. “sorry, I’m stupid for bringing him up” Kris made his way around the kitchen island and took me into his embrace. “No, I’m sorry. I just can’t forgive him, Tao! I’m so angry! I’m angry at myself, I admired and looked up to a man who tried to kill my one true love and my wife

 

Ignoring him I walked upstairs to see why my little ball of happiness isn’t being a ball of sunshine today. As I entered the room her cries stopped. “hmm, did my baby girl just want attention? Is that it?” I walked over to her crib before lifting her up to smell her diaper. “oh you’re definitely hungry, aren’t you?” I cooed at and changed her diaper before bringing her downstairs. “Let’s get your tummy full of food! Do you want your yummy milk?” “whaugu!” She smiled at me as drool from . “Let me get started, we have a long day ahead of us missy!”

 

Onew’s POV

 

“Umma?” I quietly called out, I made sure not to scream like I used to do after waking up Xin with my screams. Umma and Appa lectured me until my ears bleed. “Umma?” I called out again but a bit louder.  Hmm, he should be home right now, I walked into the living room and kitchen and they were empty. I walked upstairs before peeking into Umma’s and Appa’s bedroom. “Where did Umma and Xin go?” I check Xin’s room last

 

               Onew opened the door to her little sister’s room and found her mother and sister asleep on the lush carpet. Quietly she tiptoed towards Tao scared to wake Xin up. She shook his arm gently to wake him up “Umma” He didn’t budge at all. She tried again this time shaking a bit harder. Getting frustrated Onew scream waking Tao and Xin up. “Onew! I told you before to never scream!” Tao tried to blink the tiredness away from his eyes. Tao started to pat Xin to calm her down. “Umma, I’m sorry. But you told me to make sure I tell you when I’m home” Tao groaned, he couldn’t scold her. But for this to happen every day it was getting tiring. “Onew, you know what to do” Onew sheepishly smiled before running into her room to thinking about her behavior. Rolling his eyes Tao took Xin into his arms and began to head downstairs, Kris was coming home soon and he still hadn’t prepared dinner.  Just as he finished preparing dinner the doorbell rang. “That’ weird, who would come over at this time?”

 

Opening the door, he see’s Mr. and Mrs. Wu at the door. “Hello, darling! How are you” Mrs. Wu pulls Tao in for a hug. “Where’s Onew and baby Xin? I come bearing gifts” Mr. Wu smiles. “Onew’s in her room and Xin’s in the kitchen. Wait! Mom, why are you here?” “Didn’t Kris tell you anything?” At that moment, his phone rang. “Hello?” “Hey Tao baby, get dressed into something formal. I’m picking you up in 10 minutes” “Wa- “The line cut off. Confused Tao turned towards his in-laws wanting an answer “Tao, stop frowning and get ready!’ He was pushed to his room. “Wait what’s going on” “Just get dressed” After rushing to get dressed he heard Mrs. Wu call him downstairs. 

 

Tao felt his cheeks heat up as Kris came into his view. Now feeling shy at his attire, he stared down at his hands. He felt underdress “Ah, I- I think I should wear something more formal. Kris what’s this all about?” he whined. “Baby, just come. You look beautiful” With that Tao and Kris headed out. The ride was silent. “So, why are we in this forest place” Tao sighed, he was so confused. “put this on” Kris shoved a piece of cloth towards him. “Are you going to kill me and hide my body here?” Tao spoke out taking a step backward. “No, Tao why would I kill you?” “I don’t know, but I have watched enough murder shows to know how this is going to end” “KILLER! MURDER SOMEONE HELP! I’M GOING TO DIE!” “Tao stop being childish” Kris sighed looking around to make sure no one witnessed anything. “just close you eyes then” “Fine” Tao pouted “If you kill me I’ll haunt you forever!” “Okay,” Kris laughed out. “It's not funny” He pecked him on his lips before guiding him through the forest.  

 

“Don’t leave me okay?” he gripped onto Kris’s hand. Giving no reply Kris continued to guide them further and further into the forest. And soon they came to a stop. Tao freaked out when he felt kris’s hand slip away from his grip. “Kris!?” feeling scared he took off the piece of cloth covering his eyes to see Kris kneeling down with a ring in his hands. “Tao, as you can see I am not going to kill you. Baby I know we didn’t’ start off on a good start or end on a good note either, but I love you with all my heart and I can’t live another day without you. Please accept this ring in exchange for unlimited cuddle hugs and kisses and maybe children. Tao, will you marry me?” Tao jumped into his arms and cried “Yes! Of course! But maybe not unlimited children” Giving him a big kiss, Kris held onto Tao’s hand before reaching for the ring. His heart almost died when he couldn’t find the ring. “um..Tao, I think I lost the ring” “What?” Following Kris’s eyes, he see’s the ring box empty. Tao giggled before getting out of Kris’s embrace. “I guess we can start our married life looking for a ring that you lost. I’m going to tell everyone about this” “Oh what did I ever do to deserve this?” Kris groaned, his parents were never going to let this down like his pickup lines. But of Wells, he won’t be alone because he’ll also tell them about how Tao thought he was going to kill him. “You decided to marry me, so you deserve it. Will you regret it?” Staring into Tao’s eyes he smiled” Never, you’re going to be trapped with me forever!”  

 


It's been so long! I have finally finished! thank you for your support!